Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

45 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

I've been to a number of different sites and Scarlet Heart Ryeo is Number .1 viewed/downloaded. Here's a few screenshots

So sod the domestic ratings. Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a hit everywhere else. Eclipses ''Hwaiting'' \^o^/

Edit: Here's the deleted scenes at the lake where Wang So thinks about his growing love for Hae Soo, Love his little shake of the head at the end. He's totally in denial.

yeah .... hit everywhere but the domestic rating make me sad.

i know SH can't beat Moonlight but the rating should better at least 10% or more. below 8% was so-so poor.

• Like 13

So, from watching the episodes so far

I think the acting is good. I am moved by all the actors..

It is the editing of the shows that are causing the problem. Because there are times I am left.. wait why and when did that happen? Did I miss something?

I am glad this forum is here to help solve some of the confusion

• Like 9

I ship hae so with these two but i dont know which one will sail i really  want it to sail with wang so LOLga_dance.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 17

loved this weeks 2 episodes

ep 6

• I like how during Hae Soo’s eonnie’s funeral they were all wearing white instead of how we wear black (western culture)
  • WS taking notice of HS
  • Wang Eun cheering her up with puppets and HS actually laughing
  • The princes learning modern slang

ep 7

•  
  • loved the birthday scene. the princes and hae soo all have such a good bond hahaha
  • i believe the birthday scene was the realization for WS that he actually cared for soo much more than he thought. he was so captivated during that scene that he didn't even realize it :o
  • that genuine laugh he had when he was watching hs sing happy birthday while dancing around. when YH came in he automatically noticed her and stopped laughing it seemed like he was thinking, 'i'm not supposed to be laughing right - stop!' - couldn't help himself
  • WS has colgate ad worthy teeth :D love it when he smiles and laughs...i like looking at all their nice teeth, i guess i have a teeth obsession :D
  • again more and more of HS-WS following each other/seeking each other out without noticing it, they are even standing in closer proximity to each other. (HS is totally okay with slightly touching WS like during the first scene they stumble across upon each other, WS now sits close to HS on the log etc)
  • i am having more and more appreciation for their costume design, all of it is so beautiful. HS looks great in that mustard yellow and maroon (?)

i was actually pretty confused with the last scene of ep 7, with HS's expression and what WS said but now after reading comments here i now understand it. i was in the mix if her stare was a bad thing or not (like he hated how HS had an expression of pity in her eyes/ felt sorry for him that's why he hated it or he hates how she's one of the only people that actually look at him as a person kinda thing (sees past behind his scar) i was just confused with the expression, i don't think the full expression that the actress was aiming for was conveyed but still great job on IU, out of all her dramas i think this is her best performance yet

on another note, i agree with some others that having all these other versions of the episode is kind of inconvenient lol please just have like one, if possible. it is like the team who is in charge want to try and cater for all audiences or don't know which one to release as the final so they publish all the versions

• Like 18

As we speak about sites to watch k-drama...

I wonder if anyone has post it or not (but even if it already posted, I think it's OK to post it again because the license isn't granted yet)

For all Eclipses, please help fill this http://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/ form so that the Viki team will try to get the license for Scarlet Heart : Goryeo (the official eng name that used in Viki) . It's sad that Viki cannot airing MLSHR because they didn't get the license. And it's also sad for all Viki user too (including me). I always depend on Viki to watch K-Drama.

Thank you very much

sc02.png

• Like 14

finally seohyun made her appearance though she look suspicious i love her chem with prince baek ah ga_happy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Ah... the thread that never sleeps. There's no hope of me keeping up with Every. Single. Post.

I am utterly fascinated with what the writer is doing with So's mask. They've taken what could've been purely a gimmick and woven not only a character arc from it but also threaded that into the entire tapestry of the storyline. I'm absolutely blown away by the use of the mask to not only symbolize hidden pain, humiliation and family dysfunction but also as a device to draw together the leads, to make it a point of sympathy, connection and pathos. So's greatest shame will become the means where he will learn to surrender to love.

Whatever Yo meant for evil may end up being an instrument for good and ultimately for true love. (I solemnly promise not to go all Princess Bride on you all)

I am also delighted at how things are developing between So and Soo. His early confrontation of her in Ep. 7 was one of the best moments in the episode and wonderfully delivered by LJK. It was completely stripped bare of sentimentality and yet it was clearly dripping with deep concern. "You could have died! If you had cut any deeper, you would have died." So, the realist confronts Soo with the stark consequences. Things did go Soo's way this time but it could have gone badly wrong. It may have been brave but it was still foolish. This is no fairy tale, princes and court ladies have no power... and sadly there's no promise of a happily ever after.

Uk offers a fantasy. He makes promises he cannot hope to carry out. He is afterall just as powerless as all the others. So offers realism: Ever the realist, he says to her, “Did you think about what it would be like to live with a scar?” "This is a place that is hard to get into but even harder to leave."

That's why Soo-Uk cannot be. That kind of young love cannot survive the palace and all its politicking.

This is why I love So-Soo dynamic. It's not peaches and cream. It can't be. A man scarred for life and a mask. Who fully understands that the palace is a kind of prison. A woman who has travelled through time and is incident prone. Who is a fish out of water.

Their romance will be different... full of grit and having to navigate the reality of palace politics.

Just wanted to say that I love your post, actually, every time you post I am on full alert and attention to read it. I agree with everything you wrote, you described the difference between two love stories perfectly, it will be interesting to see how this will all evolve in the next episodes. WS-HS will probably have a lot of hardships but their love will be special and strong because of them and though it will be real and true. Can't wait for it to happen, even their small talk scene give me goosebumps, can't imagine what their love/dovey scenes will be like  :wub:

• Like 14

@qwenli thanks for the correction :D . 

--

Reposting something i read from tumblr 

What I love most about moon lovers is that hae soo is bringing this family together without it being cheesy. Not all the princes are in love with her, but they all do love her and now they have the common goal of wanting to keep her safe and happy. Even the princes who love her aren’t being petty and jealous and are instead focusing on her, which is really rare with complicated love triangles like this. Alyou can see how this goal is breaking down the barriers between them without it being forced or hae soo being sidelined. All the relationships being forged are just so organic and pure that I’m willing to let the messy plot slide

• Like 19

1 hour ago, roneddski said:

It's weird how the Goryeo princes think it's perfectly OK to marry their half sisters. I know they do it to consolidate their own powers within their family, but don't they find it gross even at the mere thought of it? Imagine holding hands and kissing and having babies with your own half sister.  And when the babies grow up, it's shocking for them to realise their mom is also their aunt!

Actually i think in the old days, the prince n princess dun see each other often. The prince go to prince training school and princesses go to a different set of tuition. 

They likely dun stay in the same place too, because the palace is so big. Different queens live with their own children.

But i agree, from our point, its gross:sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, arabela said:

No matter what, we have now a HS liking WW enough to think she can stay in Goreyo happy. I am not happy about this, but at least let see how different are this 2 relations and these 2 men - of course being on WS side I am biased  to see only some differences

• WW's gestures are always gentle, slow, tender, loving; WS's gesture till now seems to me sometimes brutal, explosive, impulsive, having (at least for me) more desire and tension; WW tried to kiss her, but he was slow enough for her to move away, and later he kiss her fronthead and appropiate, in the context of their feelings, WS will really steal a kiss, without warning and knowing her feeling, without her being able to refuse; WW embrace her with tender and knowing she liked him, WS seems to embrace her with a powerful sense of wanting, probably not knowing what her feelings are or maybe even when he asks himself if she is liking someone else; WW seems to care about reciprocate affection, WS seems possesive, intrusive, violent in his passion, there is something dangerous in the way he loves - ...me.. I like more WS's version of love
  • in a way, WW is somehow not determined enough for critical situations, and because of that he is caught in promises and regrets; he discover too late he loved his wife, and even then he was not quick enough to tell her in her last moment, I wonder how many time he says to HS : I promise that, I will , I am going , I am sorry, I should have; He is smart, capable, fight for what he wants, but somehow specially when WS is around, he isnt the real hero  - which in not his real fault, cause is hard to compare with WS when it comes to determined action :) ; unlike WW, WS uses more action and present verbes: he tells what is he going to do and tells HS what to do - this is why HS can say to prince 10th that if WS promise, he will give him anykind of gift no matter how hard is to get it - and he really does it! he really does!!! he can be trust to do what he says even if he promise to protect you or to get back against you - like the promise to her mother; he do what he is telling; unfortunately what he is telling is not always something good
  • WW is kind of "everything will be ok", reassuring, but WS is more practical and realistic - the talks in ep 7 - he is the only one who gives her advices for palace's life, scold her, warn her (You'll be in trouble), lecture her (You should work for your living) and belifes her she can manage (I suppose will be able to get through it); WW only told her not to worry, everything will be ok, and he will visit her often; When she was in danger to marry the king, he prays for his wife while WS  was threating JM and finding practical solutions; WW begg the King, WS tries to negociate; WW says Do not worry too much, WS says Watch hat you say in the palace; WW will be saying I am going to ask the king to let you leave; WS will say Want to runaway like this? I can if you want
  • and here comes I think another big differences till know: WS is a man who often transforms his pain in anger and attack- the pain of his mother rejection, the pain of his past trauma, the pain of seeing his brothers look when he takes off his mask, the pain of love - unlike WW, who will blame himself if something would happen to HS, WS was very clear - if she will do something to put her in danger again, like cutting her hand, he will not forgive her!; when WW felt HS was rejecting him he suffer and cry, but when WS is merely suspecting from her gaze that she could dislike him, he transform his pain and vulnerabilty in anger and hate (of course is not really hate)
  •  they are other differences in style, but the major difference I think is in their level of intensity - WS simply is more powerfull in his own style; he is electrifing, his energy is simply too much ; like when he grabs HS hand, kill the horse, slapt his brother, fight, found out he is in love, feel vulnerable, I cannot be impressed with the intensity of his emotions; even if WW style is not so active and energetic, WW in his own style doesnt have that intensity, in my opinion; but maybe is a matter of taste or this just for the moment;I have to wait to see if and how love and ambition will change each of them; 

do you see anyother differences?

well said... i think WS character is more realistic than WW. Definately i will fall for WS, because WW is typical man who loves to play with words. I hate that kind of man:phew:

• Like 14

I think that the real problem with that scar is not that he makes him "ugly" and that a worthy heir to the throne cannot be disfigured, but that it reminds everybody of an episode the royal family cannot be proud of, a shameful, gratuitous act by the queen and the king towards their own innocent child. I also think that this is the ultimate reason why they sent him away: his supposed "ugliness" reminds his parents how ugly they actually are and publicly show it. 

• Like 18

Aahh about the "The look on your eyes, I hate it like crazy" thing... I think So hasn't get it over his inferiority complex when it comes to his scar. All of us want to look the best in front of someone we like/love. He don't know HS is from the future and never give a f*** about the scar (pardon my lang) so he assumed that HS is just like everybody else at that era: care only about what is skin deep. When she look at him in frontally, his face change. He's not mad, he felt awe that there is someone who want to look at him in the face and not look away. But his inferiority get in the way, he felt ashamed. The two feeling (between the awe/love and inferiority) clashed and So is a beginner when it comes to love. He must felt overwhelmed and crazy. 

"Why is this girl dare to look me in the eyes and not look away? Am I not monstrous in her eyes? Why should it be her when I want only my good side to be look by her?"

If am So, I would have thought that. This new grown feeling is enough to make him go crazy but to have the girl you like saw your scar with wide eyes is enough to make him want to split Yo's head apart, I think. 

But it will make him love her more because she can accept his flaw with warm hand unconditionally.

• Like 18

Finished epi6 with subs (yes I am late). And apologies if I say many things here which might have been said already by many of other frnds here...
Hasn't it be my undying love for Handsome LJK and my heartfelt prayers for love starved WS, I'd have been happily sailing WW-HS ship and would be on top of the world seeing these two living all those lovely romantic moments... KHN bouy where were you till now?  Why dint I notice you before? You are a gem among actors and one perfect competitor for WS the character and LJK the actor on screen.
Now back to story...
That horse riding with my heart *deugung deugung* and the moment they had 180deg stare *I died*. Lovely scene, marvelously captured and amazingly acted.
WS he was all with HS, when she wanted to run and even when she wanted to go to king. He never forced her for anything but made sure she is sure about what she is doing. His hold on horse when she was abt to get down was so authoritative yoi could feel seeing his face and listen his words "I told you to not to move".
The motivation to save HS was different for all the princes,  WW out of his love, WE-WJ she was their beloved Soo ya- Nui. And they did what theu could approaching their powerful hyungs. What I love their how BA convinced WS to make the amends, and I could see WSs expressions changing as BA described all past days he spent with HS as drinking buddy and what she is. That was surely motivated WS for saving her. 
and rest all he did was what he is famous for, choking out JM to blurt out the alternative. 
Finally the motivation that won above all was HSs to be free... and its as simple to belive that she is daring girl (just like WS who can do anything to not to do what she does not want to happen) and I loved that. she was portrayed as Damsel in distress in need of her Knight but she turned out to be her own hero and won the battle as well. Then all was WW-HS except that last moment WSs eyes following HS, when she moved past him, he looks at her wrist and her back..
JM is one suspicious character not just cause what he says but what the background music I can listen everytime he says something to HS (like accept your fate). He has some hidden cards with him for sure. he will play important role in making WS king and Sending HS back to her time.

@40somethingahjumma i just loved loved loved your analysis...its just too spot on...

@solelylurkingchingu thats exactly my thoughts that I wrote couple of pages ago..... but you wrote it so so well... and yes frnds do think alike *hi fi*

• Like 14

Something is off with the writing and the directing of this drama, probably it lacks some coherence, cohesiveness and maturity, but the 4th prince has some sort of hypnotic effect on me, his stare makes me dizzy and his expressions hide so many layers and meanings that I cannot stop thinking about him. I'm also liking our heroine way more, compared to the beginning...

• Like 13

3 hours ago, nearsea said:

What do you mean? Which scene did I miss? :vicx:

@LyraYoo I did see that scene so that means I'm watching the youku version? I generally watch it online.. so why there are so many versions in the first place? :S

maybe you can visit [mod edit: sites name removed].. both of them have different version 

Edited by Tinkiebell
Please do not share illegal streaming sites
  • Like 2

Guest Tinkiebell
29 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Actually i think in the old days, the prince n princess dun see each other often. The prince go to prince training school and princesses go to a different set of tuition. 

They likely dun stay in the same place too, because the palace is so big. Different queens live with their own children.

But i agree, from our point, its gross:sweatingbullets:

I agree. The relationship between the siblings are more romanticized in the drama (for drama purposes of course), but in fact, I don't suppose there was any sense of family at all between the princes and princesses in the old days. It was all about rivalries and political relationship for them. So they didn't see each other as family. Still gross, but that's the only way I could come to term with the historical fact:

Spoiler

that not only that Wang So aka Gwangjong of Goryeo married his half sister and had 5 children together, but he also married his niece later on ... (ick) :crazy:

@KdramaSwimmer wooohooo.. Of course chingu! \^0^/ *highfive*

The highlight part is when he reluctant to save her the first time because he said it was the Hae problem but his face change when his younger brothers told him that Soo is going to marry 60 yo man witj lots of children. I can literally hear him scream "Whaaaaatt??? Are you f***ing kidding me?" hahaha... And also the part that he said "That's ok, you don't need to come down". He would kill all those who object without blinking his eyes if she said she doesn't want to get married but still being forced. The shown Wook's face a glimpse there. He's not happy Soo is in So's arm but also a little confused to why his brother acting like that. 

But I love the horse riding and how So's hand are very protective of Soo. LJK is amazing with horses. 

I'm waiting for the special eps recap. That's why I'm hanging around here. You?

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Tinkiebell said:

I agree. The relationship between the siblings are more romanticized in the drama (for drama purposes of course), but in fact, I don't suppose there was any sense of family at all between the princes and princesses in the old days. It was all about rivalries and political relationship for them. So they didn't see each other as family. Still gross, but that's the only way I could come to term with the historical fact:

Hide contents

that not only that Wang So aka Gwangjong of Goryeo married his half sister and had 5 children together, but he also married his niece later on ... (ick) :crazy:

Either way it is ick to the highest level. And not to exclude Taejo marrying a 16 y/o. For goodness sake he really even planned to consummate the wedding??!!

tumblr_inline_odgrrluRmP1r9yt86_540.png

• Like 17