[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Bu Bu Jing Xin remake Moon Lovers courts Nam Joo-hyuk

by girlfriday | November 23, 2015 | No Comments

NamJooHyuk4.jpg

At this rate, every flower boy actor in dramaland will be cast in this drama. Totally not a complaint, by the way, but then you probably already knew that. Moon Lovers, the Korean drama remake of the hit Chinese series Bu Bu Jing Xin, is adding another name to the “considering-favorably” list of cast hopefuls. Nam Joo-hyuk (Who Are You—School 2015) is being courted to join the series, despite the fact that his next drama Cheese in the Trap will be airing from January to March of next year. No rest for the new kid on the block, I see.

The original drama was a time-slip romance that took a contemporary heroine and sent her back to the Qing era, where she was embroiled in a royal love triangle (Square? Hexagon? From the way you guys talk, maybe it’s more like dodecahedron?) with princes. The Korean remake will take a heroine from present-day Seoul and send her back in time to early Goryeo.

Lee Jun-ki (Scholar Who Walks the Night) is being courted to play Gwangjong, Goryeo’s fourth king, and Kang Haneul (Misaeng) is confirmed to play his main rival. Additional princes will be played by Hong Jong-hyun (Mama) and EXO idol Baekhyun, though we haven’t heard much detail about their roles.

It hasn’t been announced what role Nam Joo-hyuk has been offered, though I’m guessing it’s safe to assume he’s probably another prince? I could see him as a flower boy scholar too, of course, in case everyone doesn’t have to be a royal to be on this love train. What I’m more curious about is who they’ll get to play the heroine that ALL of the boys fall in love with.

Directing the remake is PD Kim Kyu-tae of It’s Okay, It’s Love and That Winter, the Wind Blows, and writer Jo Yoon-young of Cinderella Man and Save the Last Dance for Me is penning the script. The drama plans to film in advance of its broadcast, and is set to begin shooting in mid-February.

Moon Lovers doesn’t have a broadcaster yet; it hopes to air in late 2016.

Source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/bu-bu-jing-xin-remake-moon-lovers-courts-nam-joo-hyuk/

• Like 7

Nam Joo Hyuk joins 'Moon Lovers'

Osen - Naver: [Exclusive] Nam Joo Hyuk joins 'Moon Lovers'... Lee Jun Ki, Hong Jong Hyuk and Baek Hyun are 'considering' 

1. [+1,326, -111] I wish Lee Jun Ki declines this.. None of them can act

2. [+1,215, -99] Except Lee Jun Ki and Kang Haneul, none of them can act ㅠㅠ

3. [+1,075, -105] Aside from Lee Jun Ki, the rest can't act. Why did they cast them?? Hong Jong Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Young Kwang are models who suck at acting ㅋㅋ

4. [+870, -78] He and Ahn Jae Hyun are rivals when it comes to crappy acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+666, -45] I wish Nam Joo Hyuk puts more effort in his acting

6. [+195, -13] Lee Jun Ki should choose his projects wisely 

7. [+170, -18] What a waste of Lee Jun Ki's talents. I wanna watch it for him but the rest of the cast is stopping me to

8. [+158, -12] I trust Lee Jun Ki and Kang Haneul's acting but they better run away from this at this point

9. [+152, -23] Lee Jun Ki, get out of there immediately. With Hong Jong Hyun, Nam Joo Hyuk and Baekhyun joining, it's looking more and more like 'The Scholar Who Walks the Night' season 2 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+157, -32] YG's casting him in too many projects.. Ugh...

11. [+109, -14] Why is he in this too? Seems like a failure

12. [+110, -18] His acting is terrible but he's grabbing roles here and there. He has no charm as an actor. Viewers have high standards and having just a handsome face won't get you far. Kang Dong Won's the best out of the model-turned-actors

Source : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.sg/2015/11/nam-joo-hyuk-joins-moon-lovers.html

• Like 6

Bu Bu Jing Xin remake Moon Lovers courts Nam Joo-hyuk

by girlfriday | November 23, 2015 | No Comments

At this rate, every flower boy actor in dramaland will be cast in this drama. Totally not a complaint, by the way, but then you probably already knew that. Moon Lovers, the Korean drama remake of the hit Chinese series Bu Bu Jing Xin, is adding another name to the “considering-favorably” list of cast hopefuls. Nam Joo-hyuk (Who Are You—School 2015) is being courted to join the series, despite the fact that his next drama Cheese in the Trap will be airing from January to March of next year. No rest for the new kid on the block, I see.

Source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/bu-bu-jing-xin-remake-moon-lovers-courts-nam-joo-hyuk/

ahhhh another flower boy... like girlfriday said in DB... not complaining here :) more eye candy!...

with little ive seen of NJH in school, he is not that bad really..he and KSH are a cute pair in school...

and i guess he's suitable for prince-ly role like ... (hmmm im guessing it would be

RX's bestfriend 13th prince or the devoted 14th prince)...

55626802_o.jpeg

• Like 3

Wow. This production is lucky to get K. Kyu Tae as the director. Several of his works have GREAT cinematography (e.g. "TWTWB") - surely and hopefully "Moon Lovers" will end up the same as well ^^

As for actresses to possibly play the heroine, what about Nam Bora or Baek Jin-hee?

Both look young enough (and actually are) to play the character, but also are old enough in reality to act alongside much older actors like LJK as a love interest + they're not the same overused actresses you constantly see being cast in dramas, so likely they'll add a new/fresh atmosphere (for lack of a better word) to this drama :)

• Like 2

Wow. This production is lucky to get K. Kyu Tae as the director. Several of his works have GREAT cinematography (e.g. "TWTWB") - surely and hopefully "Moon Lovers" will end up the same as well ^^

As for actresses to possibly play the heroine, what about Nam Bora or Baek Jin-hee?

Both look young enough (and actually are) to play the character, but also are old enough in reality to act alongside much older actors like LJK as a love interest + they're not the same overused actresses you constantly see being cast in dramas, so likely they'll add a new/fresh atmosphere (for lack of a better word) to this drama :)

Baek jin hee would be great too sis,,, ive seen her in empress ki, shes good too, but currently she's the lead in a 50 eps week end

drama via mbc and it ends february of next year...production of Moon Lovers starts january soo the timing is a bit off...

as for Nam Bora, the only sageuk ive seen of her was in Moon that embraces the sun..she's cute! no drama for her

at the moment but she;s starring in a theatre play with kim soo ro and other theater actors for the musical taxi..

• Like 2

If LJK is indeed cast as main lead, I'd love to see Han Ji Min as the female lead... although remakes are always dangerous territory. LJK-HJM pairing is one I've been wanting to see for a long time but it hasn't happened yet although LJK has mentioned it in his interview before. The female lead is sure to get a lot of pressure if the series doesn't do well, and I wouldn't wish it on my bias, so I dunno... haha

Han Hyo Joo would be a wonderful choice too, but she's mostly doing movies nowadays so she might not even consider going back to dramas? 

Edited by fuyukimi
  • Like 6

@evie7,  Glad to have you with me again

@valsava, I wish LJG would accept already, so we can start the spazzing. It's so much fun to share a thread with you:wub:

@evie7 @valsava our Joongi already accept the role,, we still waiting lead lady confimed

i we are lucky maybe the news will out middle of december

are you Lee Jun Ki fans? hv u watching his other drama before this?

oppa really handsome in hanbog dress, his eyes and lips full with expression face.

Who is you think first lady between 4 candidate female lead?

xZbu35.jpg

Listen what Oppa want to say with you guys ;)

can you refuse him??

xASZ0z.jpg

• Like 4

@HRyujin, Thank you I was not sure if he had confirmed.  It's great news! I'm a little up in the air as far as who I want for the lead actress. There have been several  actresses that have been suggested that I would love to see him work with.   Moon Chae Woon would be a dream pairing w/him but she has a drama coming up in 2016, Ha Ji won another favorite but not age appropriate from what I gather.  I loved the chemistry he had w/KSE in the first eps of The Scholar. I'm not a big Saguek person, any more I just don't get into period pieces, I will watch stuff from and set in the 30's to present day but when it comes to LJG I always make the exception. I'm just not as familiar with actress's who are good in Saueks, so lets see who gets the role. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm anticipating this drama since I watched the Chinese adaptation of the novel, however I admit that I don't really like Lee Jun-ki.:sweatingbullets: "Iljimae" was not my thing.

As for the main actress, in my opinion they should choose someone in her early twenties. My sister and I agree on suggesting Park Eun-bin and Lim Ji-yeon; I would also go for Nam Ji-hyun and Jung Yeon-joo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, loai said:

Has there been any more news/updates released regarding this drama at all, recently? ^_^

This thread has been pretty quiet for weeks...

I guess there is no news as of late. I saw your post and got excited that we have a leading lady but at least it gave me a chance to hello to you!  I did just check Koala to see if there was any casting news. I did find out Kang Sora just turned down a drama so I'm happy to say she can be thrown into the mix of potential lead actress's. I would to see her in this one playing opposite LJG :wub:

• Like 3

Wow! I can't wait! I thought LJG would be busy in Hollywood for a long time. This is AWESOME! :wub:
Thinking about seeing Scarlet Heart to ready myself. But it ends tragically? I have a hard time dealing with sad endings. Rooftop Prince killed me.

Where is all the news?

• Like 3

On 17/12/2015 at 9:37 AM, icemaid said:

HJE is considering MBC drama Tyrant next so unlikey to be her.

The wait for female lead continues,,,,,,

IU and Ji Soo New Addition to Moon Lovers with Lee Jun Ki as Drama Gets SBS September 2016 Timeslot

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/12/27/bu-bu-jing-xin-k-version-moon-lovers-gets-sbs-time-slot-for-september-2016/

• Like 4

[Drama castings] Ji Soo, Kim Sung Kyun and IU in 'Moon Lovers' 

Xports News - Naver: Ji Soo confirmed for 'Moon Lovers' 

1. [+35, -3] Ji Soo is charming ever since he played Bokdong

2. [+22, -2] Ji Soo is totally likeable!! He's a good actor and I love his monolids. I think he'll soar to fame even more

3. [+15, -2] Seems like a daebak drama with the explosion of casting news today... So proud of Ji Soo

4. [+12, -2] Ji Soo, rise even more!!!

5. [+18, -4] Ji Soo, this nuna loves you

Ilgan Sports - Naver: Kim Sung Kyun to make his drama debut on public channel with 'Moon Lovers' 

1. [+1,508, -9] Aigoo~ President Kim~~

2. [+907, -20] Congrats, Jung Bong's dad~~~!!!

3. [+576, -8] Anticipating. You can trust President Kim~~

4. [+475, -10] Heol. I still haven't forgotten him as Samcheonpo

5. [+306, -6] Looking forward to it ^^ Hwaiting

6. [+53, -1] Hard to believe this is his first public broadcast drama

7. [+44, 0] Aigoo President Kim, this is such great news. Such great news

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Moon Lovers' Kim Sung Kyun and Kang Haneul confirmed... Lee Junki and IU still in discussions

1. [+7,204, -362]  Junki-ya... Decide only after you find out who the female lead is. You're turning into a representative of actors who have no luck with female co-stars

2. [+6,560, -746] I hope this stops at IU reviewing the offer

3. [+3,927, -253] Hoping Lee Junki would drop it

4. [+3,709, -216] Lee Junki, get yourself outta there

tv Report - Daum: IU's already at her 5th drama.. Will we get used to calling her 'Actress IU'?

1. [+260, -33] Reject it

2. [+237, -35] Please~~~~ tell her to reject it

3. [+125, -21] Another reason why I won't be watching. Seriously, who's sponsoring her that she landed this role. Don't ruin a drama and stay out of it

4. [+100, -16] Tell SBS I won't be watching it!!

5. [+93, -18] Don't do this~~~ I won't be watching

nn1.jpg

nn2.jpg

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.sg/2015/12/drama-castings-ji-soo-kim-sung-gyun-and.html

• Like 7