Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

So i read the recaps on dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-6/

who watched it based on the sbs version. I thought the editing there was a tad better than the one i caught on cable. I still am puzzled why theres two versions. :huh:

My biggest puzzle is how come a preproduced drama didnt make use of the time to edit it better. Felt the production team isnt doing a good job at it hence the disjointed feel to some episodes including ep6. That is part of the problem instead of just blaming it on some of the casts' acting..

did i enjoyed the episode yes i did but would i have enjoyed it more if its was edited better- definitely. I'm wondering if the upcoming special would also felt like a cut and paste job. Luckily today there's another episode.

Regarding the complains aboutWS being like a cameo- although yes i miss his face on the screen and im a So-Soo shipper but i understand the dynamics in this drama is a bit different from the norm. In the novel theres really very little of the 4th prince in the early chapters. I dare say the k drama version already injected him more than what is written in the novel. Also lateron WW, the 8th prince role will greatly diminish. The dynamics will really shift so lets just buckle up and stay tune for that

• Like 17

does the english subs is already out??? im watching the raw, reading dramabeans recap... but i want to watch it with sub... i love this drama soo much.....

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sharreb said:

My biggest puzzle is how come a preproduced drama didnt make use of the time to edit it better. Felt the production team isnt doing a good job at it hence the disjointed feel to some episodes including ep6.

This.

• Like 8

Oh I am surprised in the dislike the SBS version is having...I am from the minority that thinks this episode was really good. :)

• Like 10

@skxz Thanks for your summary, it's so sweet and cute :D 

Both So and Wook are so lame in their denial haha. At this point with all the restraint and hints at feelings, I think I would die if someone outright said "I love you" hahahaah. Baek ah is awesome though hehe

The figure actually reminded me of Wook straight away, but I absolutely refuse the idea that he's behind the king's death. More like Yo or the evil queen lmao.

That emoji is life <3 When he showed it to her I wanted to die because it was so adorable haha

Thank you for hyping me up again <3   \^ㅁ^/

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Oh I am surprised in the dislike the SBS version is having...I am from the minority that thinks this episode was really good. :)

Me too. I thought SBS version was really good.

Though i hope they don't make 2 versions.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

With regards to So's appearance time, I just want to say that since I saw some of the C version, he will appear much more later.

In fact, if they follow the C version, Wook's time will be greatly cut later. 

I think, for most korean audience they are not use to this arrangement.

I woke up and saw the ratings, and I must say although I am disappointed, I am not surprised. That's just the way the Korean taste is.  Park Bo Gum is on a roll, and I dont blame the k audience, he is indeed handsome and cute. 

I agree with you, @qwenli.

To be honest, I did not like the Chinese version, until the latter half when Nicki Wu became the focus.  (maybe in ep. 17?)
To me, one of the strengths of this drama is the fact that KHN does such a fantastic job as the 8th Prince. So even though, LJG is not yet the focus, at least the performance of the 8th Prince is super strong.

• Like 22

So wait.. confused-onion-head-emoticon.gifthere's two versions?? The one I watched subbed had this scene in it

zvn1uCx.gif

So that means I watched the SBS version then right? 

SMH

I wish they'd just decide on one version - with editing done properly. 

Edit: On revision, I got confused with the raw I had downloaded and the subs I watched online. Sorry folks.

• Like 15

I think this drama overall are new for Kviewers..and that's why they're having difficulties to accept this drama. We all know about the impact of something new,fresh,but totally different. Shocked, didn't know how to respond, complains, etc. (Like when a new religion and a new faith come into your life..would you accept it directly? no). For some of us who can accept this drama, mostly because we already familiar with the original version..but I notice some of our friends here are having the same difficulties with Kviewers. Yes,the editing team maybe did mistakes here and there..but then again,they are Korean native ppl too...so this story also new to them. Kdramas always has these typical story line (and even the same person to act as a monk..I mean really???)..how many stories about doctors??how many stories about princes???and how many about the entertainment world? That's why I'm getting bored with Kdramas these days..before MLSHR..in fact..I only watch 3 dramas this year (though I bought 7 titles of drama DVDs I only watch it with fast forward modes lol).

So,I wouldn't mind if later there is DVD extended-Director's Cut version of SHR..I will definitely buy that. For now, I will watch the drama with open mind,ignore all the negative sides,and just enjoy it. And for the different versions of the airing episodes..it's okay for me. I couldn't watch the live streaming bcoz of the bad connection so I always get the dramafever versions...but our friends here in this thread are very good to us to do the live recaps and live screenshots (please don't stop doing that) Many many thanks to @qwenli @LyraYoo @briseis @bebebisous33 @trizha1 @MadraRua @KdramaSwimmer @meahri_1 and all of you. Love you all my dear friends :)

• Like 20

The eng subtitles in subscene are synced for the e06 Dramafever version only. Where can we find the synched sub for e06 sbs version? I watched both versions and I prefer the SBS version. :P

• Like 7

moon lovers, I do not know what I watched .I saw ep. 6 in the site that has the rights and came to soompi to write how frustrated I am when Soo remembered that the next king will kill ALL his brothers .....I do not like the idea of Jung Ki killing his brothers....but if history says it we have to see it happen..... as if that were not enough I read from the comments the existence of a different edited episode.

I can not see why they have two different edited episodes.

At the end, I feel sorry for JK and KHN , they work so hard and for me even IU is not so horrible as some K-viewers say.

• Like 13

Hello, I've been reading the discussion and thought I'd join. Like many people I'm a SoSoo shipper (first time watching a drama with LJK, boy have I've been missing out). I understand how they're building up to the SoSoo romance and I love and hate it at the same time. It's more normal, to get to know the other person and fall for them, unlike with Wook, who noticed a "change" in HS and suddenly likes her. But I think So is feeling something for HS, it shows it his eyes. You can tell he is surprised with his own reactions to HS, but he has never truly known love. His mother and father have never shown him love, his brothers treated him like a plague, and his other family a hostage.

Is it just me. Or is WS wearing the clothes we see on him when HS takes his mask off? In ep 7 preview, he's wearing the red robe under the black robe when he grabs her wrist. That's probably just wishful thinking.

• Like 18

@xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Hehehe I'm glad you're hyped again :) Yea that figure does resemble Wook more than anyone else but I'm in so much denial RN I just can't accept it. With this dramas constant twists and turns and legit throwing the unexpected at you at the most unexpected time anything could happen.

Yes that emoji scene was just so cute I can't OMG!!! It was his reply to her emoji like how people text in the modern day I just cannot deal with the adorableness of this couple ughhhhhh.

No worries 친구! Thanks for your response \^ㅁ^/

• Like 12

Ah... if anyone happens to find the SBS version and the subs for it, can they please message me? I think the version I have is from DramaFever and I'd really like to have the whole collection of scenes. (I even downloaded the director's cut episodes even though they were over 7gb each. lol) Thanks in advance!

I'll be getting off work soon... can't wait to watch ep 6!

• Like 17

first, why are there two versions of an episode? confuse me much.  and HS, this 21st century girl has the golden touch on the royal clan -that even THEEE  mighty king has a soft spot for her, but he IS King so he has a whole nation on his back..so he has to do what he has to do so people listen to him.  third, i really honestly truly have  no qualms about any of the casts acting skills.  imo, theyre doing a pretty fine job...hey no ones stiff or bland like a fish on a slab (...okay maaaybe one. 3rd prince hehe).  BTW,  i must say, the OST for this drama is :w00t:.  Like, I am really diggin' all of the music, fo'real.  I must buy!

Ohhh and You'd figure  HS would figure out WS the next King...he's (always) the only one wearing black out of all the princes.  #BlackSheep. big tell tale i'd say lol

P.S. really love the look Wang So gives her when he's angry & concerned with her.  #HesGotTheLookAgain.  

Edited by mochimaniac
after thought
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Cindy Ngo said:

Loved today's episode with all the Prince's rallying around Hae Soo! 

Sidenote: does anyone know the name of the song that was playing at Myung Hee's funeral, it was so beautiful and sad. 

Yes the music is beautiful :)   But having all he princes rallying  for HS  is almost comical  but not really funny :blink: and for me it spoils the genre of the drama lol 

• Like 4