Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

1 hour ago, Wendy Wang said:

What if during another eclipse, both Ha Jin and Wang So get transported back/to the 21st century O.O and wang so(who's name obviously won't be wang so since he'll be taking the body of his reincarnation)? So basically the C-version ending will be added, but this time, Wang So does recognize Hae Soo in the future~~

I've thought of this before too and would be happy if this happened. lol.

For those shipping IU and KHN in real life (and hoping IU breaks up with her boyfriend for KHN. lol), sorry to disappoint, but IU has stated she does not like handsome or sexy men for boyfriends. That's not her type. And, let's face it, KHN is a handsome fella. lol. :P (And that eliminates LJG too, for those shipping LJG and IU.) Hahaha.

• Like 15

okay, I type these really fast, so first I'd like to apologize if there must be many wrong spellings and grammatical errors here... lol

so, I've finished episode 5 last night. and yaaa... I love this moon lovers more and more and wanting for mon-tue to come faster....

one question

* the princes and princess Yeon Hwa are the children of the same father right? the king. But why does it seem like YH likes her brother, which is the 4th prince. And it clearly showed that she wants him to be her mate candidate. When the 2nd prince said that she'd have a hard time forever to look the uglly face of him and she better choose someone like him who can make her to be the queen. My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Well, after 8th prince wife death, the preview showed that HS will marry, it looks like she'll run away with 4th prince... hmmm.... can't waittt...

yaaa... I love the cinematography of this drama.... and the ost as well... great.... hope the story is getting better... just want to sshare, I originally updated myself about this drama from drama recap sites, some of the earlier comments are negatie, but the more they give negative things it always makes me so curious to prove it right or wrong based on my judgment... and they proved wrong, this drama is great, the casts did their acting great. I hope it keeps being this good till it ends... well despite of the original that might be already predictable that many are already knew... I hope this remake can do much more better and well, lets say they can change or improvise a bit as long as it good, I don't mind...

okay enough comment, will save it for later....

almost forgot... I love every scene that include HS with the princes... anyway so far... from ep 1 - 5 I havent hit any ffd button to skip scenes like I did with other dramas... lol

Edited by stargazer187
fixing spelling errors for better reading, lol
  • Like 12

20 hours ago, atsu-chan said:

I'm a fan of the novel, which I loved to bits and pieces. 

Did anybody else feel that 13th and 14th's roles were switched in this version? Because in the novel, 13th and Ruoxi were soulmates while 14th and Ruoxi basically bickered their way through. Here, it feels like Hae Soo has a sort of instant camaraderie with 14th, but doesn't see eye to eye with 13th? Also, 14th feels more free spirited here too. And also:

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, Ruoxi died in 14th's arms, and in the trailer, there was a picture with Soo and 13th sitting together, both dressed in white, in a similar pose as the C-drama. 

Also, is anybody else disappointed by the fact that Hae Soo doesn't remember her Korean history? I thought one of the main charms of Ruoxi (in both novel and drama) was that she remembered history and tried her best to make it work to her advantage, but in the end it was her knowledge of history that propelled the fallout between the princes.

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, 8th told Ruoxi that he wouldn't have even thought of fighting with 4th until Ruoxi told him when they "broke up" and ultimately, it was her knowledge of the future that caused tragedy to happen, even though she was using her knowledge to try and protect 8th. The irony.

About the second point, I understand they are using the chinese version as a guide for the storyline. And since I am still a little confuse, Jun ki's character does become the king (historical sense) is that correct?

So there is some history behind how he becomes king? very much like the c-drama?

it is just that in the c drama there was no hint of princes trying to kill other prince right? like how HJH's character and his mother are trying to kill the crown prince?

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

okay, I type these really fast, so first I'd like to aologize if there must be many wrong spellings and grammatical errors here... lol

so, I've finished episode 5 last night. and yaaa... I love this this moon lovers more and more and wanting for mon-tue to come faster....

one question

* the princes and princess Yeon Hwa are the children of the same father right? the king. But why does it seem like YH likes her brother, which is the 4th prince. And it clearly showed that she wants him to be her mate candidate. When the 2nd prince said that she'd have a hard time forever to look the uglly face of him and she better choose someone like him who can make her to be the queen. My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Well, after 4th prince wife death, the preview showed that HS will marry, it looks like she'll run away with 4th rince... hmmm.... can't waittt...

yaaa... I love the cinematography of this drama.... and the ost as well... great.... hope the story is getting better... just want to sshare, I originally updated myself about this drama from drama recap sites, some of the earlier comments are negatie, but the more they give negative things it always makes me so curious to prove it right or wrong based on my judgment... and they proved wrong, this drama is great, the casts did their acting great. I hope it keeps being this good till it ends... well despite of the original that might be already predictable that many are already knew... I hope this remake can do much more better and well, lets say they can change or improvise a bit as long as it good, I dn't mind...

almost forgot... I love every scene that include HS with the princess... anyway so far... from ep 1 - 5 I havent hit any ffd button to skip scenes like I did with other dramas... lol

@stargazer187 First, WELCOME!!! We're so glad you've decided to join us, and so happy that you love the drama A LOT. Many of us feel the same way.

So to answer your question, YES, it was acceptable practice at this time for family to intermarry in order to retain political power.

Also...just in case...want to clarify that it was 3rd Prince who insulted 4th prince Wangso saying he was ugly, and said that he would be the better candidate for marriage.

Finally, it was actually 8th prince's wife who passed away at the end of the 5th episode.

Have a feeling those were just typed wrong in your rush to post. We look forward to your insights and expressing yourself often!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

okay, I type these really fast, so first I'd like to aologize if there must be many wrong spellings and grammatical errors here... lol

so, I've finished episode 5 last night. and yaaa... I love this this moon lovers more and more and wanting for mon-tue to come faster....

one question

Well, after 4th prince wife death, the preview showed that HS will marry, it looks like she'll run away with 4th rince... hmmm.... can't waittt...

yaaa... I love the cinematography of this drama.... and the ost as well... great.... hope the story is getting better... just want to sshare, I originally updated myself about this drama from drama recap sites, some of the earlier comments are negatie, but the more they give negative things it always makes me so curious to prove it right or wrong based on my judgment... and they proved wrong, this drama is great, the casts did their acting great. I hope it keeps being this good till it ends... well despite of the original that might be already predictable that many are already knew... I hope this remake can do much more better and well, lets say they can change or improvise a bit as long as it good, I dn't mind...

almost forgot... I love every scene that include HS with the princess... anyway so far... from ep 1 - 5 I havent hit any ffd button to skip scenes like I did with other dramas... lol

YH is half sister of WS (different mother, same father)

in that period (Goeryo), they can marry your siblings 

WS also marrried his niece (2nd of King Goeryo) because the princess maybe the one of to lift the curse & the king need transform his life. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

About the second point, I understand they are using the chinese version as a guide for the storyline. And since I am still a little confuse, Jun ki's character does become the king (historical sense) is that correct?

So there is some history behind how he becomes king? very much like the c-drama?

it is just that in the c drama there was no hint of princes trying to kill other prince right? like how HJH's character and his mother are trying to kill the crown prince?

@kaoriharang Yes, Wangso, aka  Gwangjong, was indeed the fourth king of Goryeo. One of our chingu on the thread may correct me, but there doesn't seem to be documentation that supports any manipulation by him to secure the throne. Like 4th in the c-version, however, he was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear.

It's my recollection in the C-version, that none of the princes actively sought to harm each other. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@kaoriharang Yes, Wangso, aka  Gwangjong, was indeed the fourth king of Goryeo. One of our chingu on the thread may correct me, but there doesn't seem to be documentation that supports any manipulation by him to secure the throne. Like 4th in the c-version, however, he was known for squashing his political rivals and creating an atmosphere of fear.

It's my recollection in the C-version, that none of the princes actively sought to harm each other. 

Hello! :) I think in the C-version, the princes mostly tried to outsmart each other - every move they made was calculated to bring them maximum advantage  - more of a war of the brains than anything, I'd say... Here it's more physical and consequences are more than house arrest - it's bloody and life or death...:tears:

• Like 11

@hiluna Good one! That scene is really heartbreaking; he tries to be a good son to his mother, but his mom just ignored him. And also when his mom pushed him away to tend 14th, while he's the one who save him. Also previously when King was worried about Crown Prince [during the ritual] when So is the one that got hurt. Referring to the long trailer, there will be more heartbreaks coming :bawling: Happy ending for So, please, DramaGods

#SaveSo2016 

At this rate, the notion 'I hate Monday' is no longer applicable. Monday and Tuesday are most awaited days in a week :heart: 

It's only been a day (or so), I need episode 6 now, my goodness...

Should I find an eclipse somewhere, drunk ajusshi rambling nonsense and a pond where I can jump, so that suddenly it's Monday again?

• Like 15

9 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@dhia205

here you go...see if its visible to you...

just bouquet...he deserve something bigger to show us heveanly beauty..

aiuuuhhh... you are so mean... that view is a crime.. look so delicious eh?? :w00t:

• Like 8

Forgot to mention that I like the fact that Wang So is drawn to and is friendly with both the 21st century ppl, ie HS and the astronomer. I like the friendship between astronomer and Wang So. But it might also be that the astronomer who knows WS will be the king and siding with him. 

• Like 19

one question

Sorry for cutting your post.

I kinda believe that YH likes So. She and So have the same father, but different moms... and So was adopted/exiled with the Kangs family. So yeah, they are basically siblings. 

Gee, bet it is so complicated to live in those times, because siblings and cousins marry each other. Not only in Goryeo, I think. Some European monarch did the same thing in the past in order to protect the throne from outsiders. 

• Like 11

I am watching some episodes the C-version ramdomly :) and I can say that it looks like the same but with different feeling. In C-ver all the actors look mature,calm and serious but K-ver all the actors not so childish but not so mature also...and looks more fun.

Their hair style really distract me... I don't know if I can keep watching it :( 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@MadraRua  faint pink mouseI am almost dying blood pink mousebecause I would like so much to  watch the scene Wang So and Hae Soo in the cottage white cloudand she is taking his mask and the kiss scene!! crazy monkey

and bed scene too.... I know you love it :blush:

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

thanks for helping me along. So if lets say in the case of moon lovers, maybe the whole knowledge of knowing the history may not count so much compared to ruo xi in the c-version.

and as for the internal fighting and stuff, since it differs from the c-version. i think we can expect a complete different outline more or less? Am i right to say this? And just for clarify the role of that princess YH isit? the sister of the 8th prince, there was never such a character in the c version am i right?

To be honest, if this drama had followed really exactly like the c-version i would have been disappointed myself. I get the idea of using the novel/c-version as a template, but ultimately it has to be uniquely korean.

• Like 11

Spoiler

Something happen with haesoo next week ??? 

Spoiler

Bandage in her wrist??

• Like 17

My point is, in that period, goeryo time, marry your siblings is okay? is that so? or did I interpret it wrongly???

Yeah, it was okay during Goryeo times. Aside of being an adaptation of the chinesse novel, this drama is also based on the Wang Royal Family who where korean historical figures. We searched about the historical figures and that's why we know the different princes had royal intermarriages with her sisters, nieces, etc. Not only one…many. But that's history, and the drama is different. History is already altered to present a love story. 

Welcome to the thread. ^_^

• Like 14

2 hours ago, matchacake said:

Please pray that such a report never happens, the poor girl gets enough hate already for absolutely trivial reasons, imagine how much she'll get if netizens think she broke up with her boyfriend of almost 3 years for him..... I don't want her to get any more hate. If they date, let it be only if she breaks up with her bf (I don't wish for such a thing, her happiness comes first) and only a long time after that. And preferably with privacy so that they can date in peace and not get all kinds of comments.

but really, Kang Ha Neul's gaze when he looks at IU or poses with her is really just amazing. I saw his past dramas and he gives those melting looks to all his female costars in the dramas (Ha Yeon Soo in Monstar, Im Joo Eun and Kim Ji Won in Heirs, Nam Ji Hyun in Angel Eyes), but this time it really feels like he himself fell for IU a little bit and used that feeling to add to his performance as Wook.

Woaa chilled out. How is my comment get entangled with IU getting hate comment because her involvement with KHN? Am I a SK reporter? Do my comment will reach out to SK and those knetz will based upon it to hating on IU?

Like I've stated before, I don't think that feeling is mutual. What probably KHN feeling might not be the same with what IU's feeling if judging the way they look at each other. It's just my private hope. I don't think it would bring any harm to IU. I too wish her only happiness.

I apologized for IU's fans who feel offended but sometimes I want to dream a delusional one. Is it not allowed anymore? Geez...

• Like 11