Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

yay love that this thread is moving reallly fast, love reading all the comments here hehe. finally watched ep 5 with subs, indeed always a rollercoaster ride watching MLSHR, there's always moments i go awwww cute can't stop smiling, other times theres sadness and crying, then anger..

what stood out for me in this ep is choi ji mong's words to hae soo.. idk why theres this element of eerieness in it haha.. i think his character is very intriguing and i am wondering just what is his role? his conversation with hae soo made me think that he actually knows hae soo has time travelled. very strange. 

lady hae's death made me cry buckets but at the same time i thought her death scene was beautiful being piggybacked by the man she loves. this ep also made me realise how selfless her love is. baek ah is the one i'm worried about - knowing his love for lady hae, he won't react well to her death.. he didn't even get to marry the woman he loves. my heart hurts for baek ah :'( just a thought, maybe lady hae's death could also be a trigger for baek ah and hae soo to connect even more, given their close r/s and connection to lady hae, and remember when lady hae told baek ah that him and hae soo are very alike. i think they'll begin to confide in each other more - like drinking buddies in the preview for next ep. i really hope their relationship becomes like in c-version, literal soulmates, like best friends, like siblings, the only thing short of is romance. but i'm curious how this progress will take place in the k-ver - considering how angry baek ah told hae soo off, i'm really wondering how they'll become BFFs? (and i sincerely hope they do, bc 13th and ruo xi's friendship is my fave in the c-ver.) I think baek ah will become a reliable person for hae soo to depend on in future when she gets her feelings caught up between 4th and 8th. (and i guess he'll lowkey ship hae soo with 4th given how he disapproves hae soo and 8th, as he remembers lady hae)

• Like 20

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

or what WS will find later when he and HS are in love.. and then he will remember how she "liked" WW's poem.. and the mystery ensues..

Will bring separation of HS and WS..

I don't think she is going back to 2016

Hmmm...that would have been possible if the sender or recipient's names were indicated but I recall that paper had nothing but that poem so even if So could recognize Wook's writing, he would not have known who it was meant for, so I doubt this would become a problem for So and HS?

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, skxz said:

@lebritneeey

I totally agree with you and ship Soo/So them for those exact reasons but there's just something about how KHN personifies Wook that makes me ship him and Soo as well. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but their chemistry brings butterflies to my stomach and makes my heart flutter. 

Yes, I think haneul's portrayal is very successful, I am quite convince of his love for her and he seems like such a good man but some joongi's presence is so huge, he just cant be brush aside. Also So soo tend to have heartfelt soulmate talks, their connection goes beyond looks, status or whatever. 

• Like 18

1 minute ago, qwenli said:

Yes, I think haneul's portrayal is very successful, I am quite convince of his love for her and he seems like such a good man but some joongi's presence is so huge, he just cant be brush aside. Also So soo tend to have heartfelt soulmate talks, their connection goes beyond looks, status or whatever. 

Yes I agree with you KHN's portrayal is just amazing his acting is so beautiful and heart felt. You are correct that LJK's portrayal of So allows him to steal the spotlight a lot of the time cause let's be real LJK's acting has always just been 완벽해 (wanbyeokhae). But I feel like I'm so confused as to who I want her to be with is because we've received a background story of So's struggles and his past and the environment he's been brought up in. We've seen his raw emotions and his vulnerability but we haven't seen anything of that sort for Wook. I feel that there is a lot of complexity and struggles that are hidden within Wook we have yet to see and depending on how future events unfold and affect him I think I'll know who I ship.

It's still too early to tell we still have many more episodes to come. But I really like your insight about how So and Soo's connection goes beyond everything tangible and intangible. 

• Like 23

38 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

They're both good ships to sail. Though I'm biased from the c-version. It will always be 4th Prince for me. I couldn't even finish the movie. 

I'd be lying if I said Wook didn't sway me. He had very expressive eyes and seems to adore Hae Soo. Though I'm not sure that will ultimately be enough. I don't think he'll put Hae Soo first before his political ambitions and familial duties. How did the arranged marriage get that far? Surely he should have stepped in sooner to stop it. It's reminds me of when Hae Soo was being whipped. He allowed two swaths with his hesitancy to get involved and in the end it was someone else who forcefully stopped Yeon Hwa. 

Which brings me back to So-Soo or Hae-So. 4th Prince, Wang So, has no such hesitancy concerning Hae So. He doesn't have to concern himself with familial duties - they would rather he not exist so he can pretty much do as he wants. He said without any reservations that she belonged to him... swoon... so has no problem expressing his feelings. He was the only one to decipher her smiley too. That's show they're on a par with each other and already have an understanding of the other. 

And regarding which one is the decoy and which has the real Hae Soo - Wang Wook wouldn't go that far to squirrel her away somewhere, he'd be afraid of the consequences but there's no such concern with Wang So. He will go all out to save her from that wretched plan. Another bonus in his favour. 

Lastly... Wang So needs her more than Wook does. He says he want's someone to treasure him... she would do that. It wouldn't be about ambition or status with her which is what he needs. He's had such a rough life that I feel he's deserves to get the chance. Wook had a chance at love but just kinda blew it for me. There's no doubt that Lady Hae was the perfect wife and loved him deeply. I know you can't force feelings, but surely after a length of time some sort of love should grow. She shouldn't have died with that emptiness in her heart. 

15 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

And here I come...

I am all in for So2 simply cause I dont feel Wook being the real support for HS. We have seen in the scene where YH was hitting HS and WW had chance to speak up for her but he dint or I say he could not, he is so conditioned to behave in one particular way that does not include doing things out of that way. And taking side to his Wife's cousin means he would have to say his sister is wrong. And in that way his loyality towards his family will be questioned. And surely he would not want that.

He hs feelings towards HS and that must be of attraction-infatuation to HS but thats not love, for sure, cause when you love someone you get all the courage to make that person's life safe and sound even at the cost of your life, pride (all right that might be bookish...but still standing against your family can be included). And until that courage is there no feelings can be translated as love and it will mere be crush. Where one can just dream of having the crush in our life but cant take any step to make it possible in reality. Can stare from afar (just like WW does all the time) but any real chance to prove you have something you back off silently.

For HS...i have already written her emotions for WW are of impressing him cause she thinks of him as some of her Idol and she is worried if he will think she is not good for him (Trying hard to write the letter is one such example). But she cant bicker with him, the moment he says something to her the Spunky HS becomes tight liped with one flustered expression on her face. Being with WW she cant be real chirpy HS but just like another Lady Hae (i have read one quote somewhere that males get attracted to unique qualities of a gal (colorful wings of a bird) and the moment she is with him he pressures her to change those qualities very first so that she will not be unique to rest of the world. I read many of comments abt her being weighed down by the expectation of WWs family and I agree with that. She will lose her charm, her uniqueness cause he cant water those qualities by having those rigid, think abt others before you act kind of attitude.

Now next abt WS-HS.

This is my ultimate OTP from the start and will be till end. Reason....She can be her real self in his presence, the spunky, chirpy, talkative self and him being deprived of any emotional support so far will water it with all his affection. She instigates some unknown emotions in WS that he himself does not know, remember the hill top scene when she asked him why you did that (killing) and turns back without hesitating he questions her back why did you enter the bath house that day and she changes the topic to tasty chicken. I loved this scene...WSs response was not calculative or well thought but unconsciously HS response reaches to his heart he remembered their earlier interaction and referred it here (just like you throw a ball on wall and it will come back to you as a reaction) these two are so well in sync as ones action = other reaction.

He is not someone to be controlled by anyone and he will not let anyone control HS too. They both will be like free birds roaming in the sky. And develop their bond from stronger to strongest. And finally they will be like other's support system to fight all odds life would throw.

Besides this HS already has so much courage that he can stand against anyone to save himself from any il-treatment and he can do the same for HS too, be it his family or anyone. He will never allow anyone to dare to insult her. He stopped YH (knowing he has interest in her and vice versa) but he preferred to speak up for HS and taking her sides even when he had to apologize to YH.

He can be the Knight in shining armor for HS to keep her safe and at the same time she will be sky full of silver lightning for him to give him what he missed so far someone to look upto, to embrace him, to whom he can share his past stories and she will never judge him but will listen and shower all her love to him.

So thats it for me...Hope i could put up well to make everyone understand what I feel about both the couples and hope its not confusing (apologies if it does...)

And thanks for reading till end...

I really like how both WW and WS are both strong main characters but for me as well, I am anticipating and can't wait to see WS and HS learn more and more about each other. I've always leaned towards the under-dog character side haha don't know why. WS really has nothing to lose. Right now it's pretty obvious there is no genuine love between them but there is care there which is so sweet. HS voices her care towards WS which I really love because then we can see WS reactions in his face. WS shows his care for HS more through action. I love HS's face when WS came in after WW when her and prince jung were being beaten. Her face lit up even more. 

I too loved that part where WS understood HS's 'poem'! LOL

I'm glad that HS now knows that WS probably doesn't want to kill her? hahaha

Can't wait!!

• Like 20

1 hour ago, LyraYoo said:

And IU is so cute 

Oh my God, where is this from? Is there a full BTS of this?? I'm loving all the "ke ke ke" writing all around her, hehehee...they are so cute!

• Like 16

After I watch ep 5,  i dont understan season in goryeo.. 

When HS and WW come home from palace it was snowing.. But when scene about Baek Ah angry with HS and when HS talking to WW its like spring..

But when lady Har die, snowing again.. 

:astonished:

• Like 7

17 hours ago, TeBe said:

Lol be mentally prepared my friend! It is not just some kind of fiction. Actually according to wikipedia  history YH was WS' wife and they had 5 children. The real WS of Goryeo married also the daughter of his brother Wang Yo :grimace:

I know in ancient history it was a common thing to marry your sister or niece but I can't help myself but find this really grosse. It grosses the crap of of me and I really hope the drama will not show the real part of marriage life of WS .

Anyway back to our Drama and actors IU I can't seem to praise this girl enough. I can't imagine her being someone else other than HS. She nails every scenes she is on. She can change from sad and crying to  angry, impulsive and child-like  in a second. Like in the scene, when she was confronting WS about how was she supposed to behave, when her life was in danger and that wanting to live is not a sin.

I also like how she interacts differently with each prince.10th prince will trigger her to be childish and the 8th to behave in a feminine and a lady-like way and withthe 4th prince then she is confident and cool and friendly and the 14 th is like her younger sibling and she treats him in a motherly way. 

IU is portraying all of this and she is doing a terrific job. I don't really understand the hating, bashing and harsh criticism she apparently is facing now on social media in Korea. ( if anyone could explain to me why does she have many anti-fans , I will be thankful )

I still didn't watch episode 5 .. I will be back to continue discussing the progress of the story. 

somehow when u mentioned this im reminded of a comic i read when i was young where the girl alternate in between the past and future and also she is excellent in the history and had a passion for it especially for the Egyptian history where she was teleported back, there also the sister of the young king is in love with him and they were suppose to marry too lols.....they called it the 'Goddess of Nile' if i'm not wrong on the English title lol :D

anyway back to the drama like you.....im in love with IU the ever more if i wasnt enough :) she nailed the scene like you say.....and im re-watching the whole thing after i finally catches up on episode 2-3 to make up for the 1, 4 n 5 that i watch after gotten back from my trip ROFL :D

• Like 18

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

I am surprised that you didn't list LJK, his crying scenes always makes me cry and his best was here in MLSHR ep 4 when he confronted his mother, I didn't even have to understand what they were saying. So sad, I wanted to hug him so much.

I think JoonKi is exceptional, because the cry scene is heartbreaking but how can his face still beautiful?  (my delulu fangirling) 

3 hours ago, yourmindisasnowflake said:

Hahaha i'm giggling to myself about what we're going to do when that mask finally comes off and we see his entire beautiful face in those close up shots~ :wub: *faints*

Ack... Please PD-nim make that full close up shots longer so I can R.I.P happily ever after

2 hours ago, Berou said:

it will be one of those moments filled with admiration and tension \^o^/. HS will be  telling herself what a fine man :wub:, and imagine the tension between them when she will be putting the makeup to cover his scar, their eyes will meet and they will be staring at each other . AHHH i'm already hyperventilating

Even in the preview did make my heart shiver... Can't wait that to be happen

Because I have much spare time I watch the ep 6 preview again (both version, or maybe three? because I see 2 version HaeSoo with So 4th one with WooHee and one without WooHee plus 1 version Pink hoodie decoy with Wook 8th), I realize:

- HaeSoo trying to remember her (minimal) historical knowledge to guess who is the next king. Are this because JiMong's advice that she had to carefull with what she did in the palace (because one wrong step can change the whole history)

- Next ep MLSHR will be a busy week. WooHee, General Park Soo-kyung (SoonDuk father), Court Lady Oh, (and maybe SoonDuk) will appear (and make all relationship more complicated)

- The yellow mustard clothes with green skirt is making appearance, that mean HaeSoo is becoming maid. Because I think the arranged marriage is happen when HaeSoo still in Wook 8th residence (she still wearing beautiful clothes and beautiful white pajamas that I want that pajamas very much because it's so cute) so she becoming maid after the arranged marriage and all running scene. So the running scene could be very short.

- The preview indeed deceiving, because they use same HaeSoo voice about afraid not to meet "him" again in different video. The video with So 4th make me think that HaeSoo is afraid not to meet So 4th again, but the video with Wook 8th make me think that HaeSoo is afraid not to meet Wook 8th again. If I have to chose, I would chose the second one (with Wook 8th) because we get the scene where Wook 8th dressing HaeSoo with hoodie and the whole idea that they have to saperate (HaeSoo with So 4th and Wook 8th with decoy) just make sanse.

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, hazzle said:

After I watch ep 5,  i dont understan season in goryeo.. 

When HS and WW come home from palace it was snowing.. But when scene about Baek Ah angry with HS and when HS talking to WW its like spring..

But when lady Har die, snowing again.. 

:astonished:

i know, i kinda got confused too, when they went to the palace and HS gave WW the soap, they walked on the thick snow.... then looks like spring then suddenly winter again til the wife died... uhmmm.. but I'm sure it was supposed to be in winter, same like the scene when HS gave chicken basket to WS, you can tell it was snowing in the background.

but I don't want to make a big deal out of it, sometimes during 6 months period of filming this drama, they probably shoot different scenes at different times and it just happened. :( they probably added that scene when HS & WW talking on later date, to add more justification about their poem/love story.... 

• Like 14