[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

6 hours ago, ruizaio said:

@kdramakrazy

Historically, they are married before So becomes king. Their first son is born about 6 years after he becomes king.

@ruizaio

I can't find the post anymore, so I apologize if I'm mistaken--but I think it was you who said that, in the drama, WS doesn't marry princess YH until after HS dies. (You said that people wouldn't believe you, but I totally did!)

But if, historically, WS marries YH before becoming king... the how will it all fit together in the drama? Since the drama will definitely not end before WS takes the throne, and I don't want to see him getting married to that two-faced witch princess.

Spoiler

Also, since you seem to have some extra knowledge about the drama: early scripts, scenes that didn't make it in the aired episodes, events for how the plot might progress--would you please consider posting more (i.e. everything! lol) of your insights?

And would you consider creating an index of your "special content" posts (or maybe even a dedicated blog/tumblr) for organization and ease of access? I'd totally be willing to help with the grunt work part of that. Just let me know.

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Adnana said:

@ruizaio

I can't find the post anymore, so I apologize if I'm mistaken--but I think it was you who said that, in the drama, WS doesn't marry princess YH until after HS dies. (You said that people wouldn't believe you, but I totally did!)

But if, historically, WS marries YH before becoming king... the how will it all fit together in the drama? Since the drama will definitely not end before WS takes the throne, and I don't want to see him getting married to that two-faced witch princess.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, since you seem to have some extra knowledge about the drama: early scripts, scenes that didn't make it in the aired episodes, events for how the plot might progress--would you please consider posting more (i.e. everything! lol) of your insights?

And would you consider creating an index of your "special content" posts (or maybe even a dedicated blog/tumblr) for organization and ease of access? I'd totally be willing to help with the grunt work part of that.

That wasn't me. I have no idea whether WS will marry YH in this drama or not. Some speculate that he will do so in order to save HS, but who knows.

I don't think it's necessary to index what I've written so far. Most of what I know comes from lurking on DC, so it's not really any special knowledge. The leaked scripts were only up to ep 4 (although the storyline progressed much further than our current 5 episodes), so I won't be sharing much from that front.

• Like 11

Hullo friends,

After watching the first 4 episodes again, I've realized that this show is really good. Based on the (positive and negative) comments, I just focused on main scenes but after watching it again, the rest of the story is also beautifully done. The visuals are really good. And I like IU in this role. In certain scenes such as while thanking W So for saving her from a beating and admiring W Jung's oath to protect her in the bamboo forest, she has emoted well. It is a delight to see her various expressions. It feels like if only the editing was proper, then each transition would have been smooth. Otherwise it's really good. 

After reading comments about marrying half siblings, I've realized that not many love history. Being a history bluff, I was like "Meh, I've read that, I know that." It is history, it cannot be changed. :phew:

As I was watching the episodes I went

W So: Wow! That's a great intro. Solar Eclipse! Horse Riding! Handsome Man What's not there to like? :w00t:

W Wook : So pretty! I like him. ;)

W So: He's the man! The Hero! I like him. He is daebak! :wub:

W Wook : Awww so pretty! So cute! What eyes!:sweatingbullets:

W So :Nah, he is the man. Awesome acting! Awesome fighting skills. I am going to ship him and Soo. :w00t:

W Wook : So so so pretty! :D

W So: When will the mask come off? When can I see his full handsome face? B)

At the end of episodes -  What the hell am I doing? On whose side am I? :blink:

• Like 21

@ruizaio Thank you for replying (and for sharing the interesting tidbits you find on DC inside). So it wasn't you who posted about when WS marries YH--I apologize for my error.

On that note, I went and immersed myself in my Internet browsing history for this month (:w00t: a herculean effort) and FINALLY managed to locate the aforementioned post.

@peny It was you, right? Found you! :)

Spoiler

I actuaIly don't want to spoiler you but someone said from the korean novel version wangso will only marry yeonhwa after haesoo died. And his first son from queen daemok/yeonhwa only born after 6 years of his reign.

You also said: "I think nobody believe me when I said wangso married yeonhwa after haesoo death XD LOL"

I wanted to believe you! Still, how do you think the drama deals with the fact that, historically, WS married YH before ascending to the throne--whereas HS will certainly only die later after WS is king.

Btw, I'd totally love more spoilers, any spoilers you know (based on the novel, or whatever). ;)

And also, how come there's a novel for Scarlet Heart Ryeo?!

• Like 10

Hi everyone, I really enjoy reading this thread. Thanks for those lovely GIFs, mini videos and live feeds during the show! 

Personally I think IU's doing a great job. In real life, she's not a talkative girl but you won't pick that from the HS who's always bickering with WS. I like the quiet but definite chemistry between the actors LJE and LJK off screen, HS and WS on screen. 

And about the ratings...well when I was posted to seoul for work, I never got home till past MN bcos there's always something fun to do and watched all my shows online. So that's how 'accurate' TV ratings are! 

This show is great!keep spreading the news and tell your friends to watch it!

• Like 21

ML is moving differently than C-Drama BBjX.

The revelations in Ep 5 that there is another traveller other than HS speaks volume and the idea of how long he has been in the Palace for the King prior to HS appearance.. Interesting is it not?  That is not in the C-Drama BBJX unless we are considering the other rival, Palace.

WS marrying YH, there is 2 possibilities.. Political marriage or she is actually HS.  Historical facts stated it is YH but knowing it is the past, no one outside palace actually seen YH but her name and status.. That is if the writer pushing for happy ending.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

WS marrying YH, there is 2 possibilities.. Political marriage or she is actually HS.  Historical facts stated it is YH but knowing it is the past, no one outside palace actually seen YH but her name and status.. That is if the writer pushing for happy ending.

Sorry to cut your post! But I don't get! You mean that there's a possibility that HS will became YH?!:blink:

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Two love birds and their cottage :wub:

Yes...lovely. I kept looking at Wang So outfit... He has such a weird fashion sense when it comes to brighter colors hahaha. 

EDIT: Thank you all of you for the updates + videos + gifs and more! And welcome to the newbies! \^0^/

@MoOnLoVeRz I really loved that SoSoo music video! Well edited, good song. :wub: All the feelings.

• Like 16

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Haesoo, Wang Wook, and Lady Hae relationship.

I feel that Lady Hae is  such a loving character who loves both her husband and Hae Soo so much. It is heartbreaking that although her husband is good, caring, and respectful husband, he never measured up to how much she loved him. I think she accepted that from the beginning because it says that she pushed the marriage on him. When she notices how naturally drawn he is to Hae Soo, it must have been sad to know that although that's how she feels for him, he doesn't naturally feel that way for her. At the end right before she died, I think Wangwook wanted to let her know that he loved her, but she stopped him and said that it was okay that she loved him more; I think that was so sad, because at that point I think she knows for a fact that what he feels for her can never be how much she feels for him or what he can potentially feel for Hae Soo and accepted that. It was enough that she loved him and didn't need equal measure, but just wanted him to be happy because she loved him.

The fact that she knows she was dying, I respect her for just wanting her loved ones to be happy. Although I think Hae Soo although obviously attracted to and trusts 8th prince, wouldn't want to act on it because she wouldn't want to hurt her closest person, Lady Hae. You can see in like most of the episode where she is helplessly attracted to the 8th prince but denies it. It makes sense because she knows how it is to be betrayed by her closest people in modern times.

That being said, I have no idea how 8th prince and HaeSoo's romantic lines will play out the next episode after Lady Hae's death. Grieving and guilt?

• Like 21

2 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Brace yourself

The very jelous and obsessive Wang So is coming \^o^/

QN8RW0T.jpg

ooo....I usually don't really into obsessive guy. but Why all butterfly in my stomach activated  just to see WS in obsessive mode caption wow2-onion-head-emoticon.gif 

• Like 19

31 minutes ago, MrKobegiant said:

And about the ratings...well when I was posted to seoul for work, I never got home till past MN bcos there's always something fun to do and watch all my shows online. So that's how 'accurate' TV ratings are!   

Hi hi, thanks for sharing about life in Seoul. Now we know! In any case, were you having a good time  singing in norae bang and eating at the roadside stalls? :D

---------

Hmm this question of when WS will marry YH is interesting. Yesterday I was watching one Chinese interview of joongi and he said he watched only the first half of the original drama, I wonder if that means that the ending will be different between the c n k version.

Also I went to Google kang Hanna who portray yeonhwa, only to find out that she was in the same movie Empire of Lust with Kang Haneul, although I think she doesn't have any scenes with him. Well the more important point is, she had an erhem.....nude make out scene with another actor. Hmm. Seems like an ambitious person both on and off screen. Am sorry, I know I shouldn't gossip about actors real life but well :P

[Spoiler/]

• Like 13