[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@MadraRua yeah that dream was worth sharing as I cant keep all the happiness only with me... sharing is caring you know.

yeah no hesitation thing kinds fits his character and adding below line again that I edited to previous response.

Ok so now got the reason behind desperation it was after that mask was hijacked by HS...and WS must have seen his beauty himself and wanted to thank the genius who made it possible and wanted to give her a kiss...is it ???

And thats my fav song of all the OSTs listening on repeat on my cell....

• Like 17

My internet died since almost 24 hours ago. Not able to check out this thread as it is quite difficult with poor reception on my handphone. Now good reception so wanted to leave a quick thought, if anyone notice the same. (Sorry not able to back read yet)

During the encounter of WS, YH, WY... It seems like WS is not against marrying YH at that point. Because when WY said that the King certainly will not let YH marry him, WS replied (almost like challenging WY's statement) "Wanna see how it turns out?".... Almost like saying to WY "I'll prove u wrong"

Just made me wonder. That conversation is loaded. I'll be back with more comment. Now gotta go run an errand. 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

G Her comment can be interpretated in two different ways: 

- either she does consider Wang So as an animal

- or she doesn't but she is only using the words Yo used and she is actually defending Wang So. Yes, I know, you must wonder. First, we shouldn't forget that Yeon Hwa hates his mother (Queen Yoo) above anything. She resents her for being the reason why her family was banished back then. And I am quite sure, she knows how close prince Wang Yo is close to his mother. In my opinion she is very careful, when she talks to him so I don't think, she would tell him what she really thinks.

Then it was Yo who described Wang So as such and not the other way around.  So she used Yo's description but she underlines that Wang So can definitely change (he can turn into a human). In my opinion, she is acting as if she accepts his point of view, yet she is also warning him that he shouldn't consider Wang So like inferior. The detached words (it would be fun!) don't reflect her own thoughts from my point of view. She doesn't want to appear too serious about Wang So, although she is really interested in Wang So. She is hiding her own thoughts and I don't think, she likes prince Yo since he is supported by his mother. She can't act offensive in front of him therefore she is acting as if she sees all this as entertainment, but she is not. The bet between Yo and So made her happy actually (see her reaction), but she got disappointed by Wang So's comment. However, she doesn't give up on Wang So, quite the opposite.

I agree with the second interpretation, she definitely has the hots for our darling So, and being from a very cautious and diplomatic family she can't openly let it known yet.  Much that I hate her with So there will be a time when it looks like he will be favoured by the king and then she will push for a marriage with him :bawling:

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Some people her felt disappointed with Hae Soo's historical knowledge. However, I do think that it was a good choice to not turn her into a history genius right from the start. If she was, pretty much all of the comedy moments would have needed to be cut from this drama and that would have been a shame. Scarlet Heart then would have turned out to be very depressing. The way the writers planned it, Hae Soo knew enough to keep up with her current fate. It's much more appealing to see her struggle. I know this is different from the C-version, but I enjoy that they changed the approach.

thats one valid point you have put. HSs character's spontaneity makes her unique and how she was trying to recall what was taught in school to please King Taejo... and thats the USP of HS and SHR as show. It keeps one complete balance between being serious-dramatic with funfilled comic moments.

• Like 18

@bebebisous33 hi chingu...how was your trip? I agree with you and @Immortal_Angel and @pujajain.....YH was probably close to WS when they were young and she might feel extra familiarity with him given how they both faced hardships being ousted from the royal household so to speak. Puja raised a new line of thought that I hadnt considered and that is that it is highly possible Wook and YH give a lot of thought and planning towards their interactions with others in the royal family......so much so that it is quite likely they are civil to WS thinking to make him a possible ally and thus have a legend like warrior on their side should they need him in future. It is quite mercenary to think of them that way but it might just be possible.

The whole marriage talk in ep 5 was extremely well done and pretty indicative to me of YH's wishes, Yo's goals' and ofcourse WS's hope. Starting with Yo, he wants the throne period and will do whatever needs to be done to get it. Since it was earlier indicated that he has a political marriage and that move may not have endeared him to King Taejo, so he would definitely like to get married to YH to get back in his father's good graces (dad's pet daughter being his wife ought to do the job........also I can't quite believe I am just writing such stuff with relish :sweatingbullets: my poor dear modern sensibilities!). Yo will definitely flatter and primp YH's ego just for this purpose.....and if by any chance he does happen to get married to her then as another chingu had said........the servant of the family is gonna be in hell :D

Wang So is friendly with YH, again probably because they were close before but I dont think it is in a romantic sense at all. He was gonna just walk past her and not notice had she not called out to him......clearly he doesnt bother much with her. He was actually happy and normally curious to know if any groom had been selected for YH and its only Yo's goading that made him issue the challenge. Whether its HS's influence on him or its his own realisation that he is a worthy man, his own person and cant be treated as trash by anyone, I loved the fact that he thought of his own wishes and needs when talking about a wife. He didnt pander to YH's ego and kinda took himself out of the competition for her hand the moment he called out YH's avoiding the whole "he is an ugly animal" issue with declaring he wanted a wife who would be comfortable with him as is...that is ugly and wild.

Coming to Yh, she is intelligent no doubt and is extremely diplomatic.....to the point I think she habitually studies each member of the royal household thoroughly. King Taejo said that she always speaks what he loves to hear.....she actively avoided taking sides during the marriage talk with Yo and So when called on by Yo to give her opinion of So as husband.....she didnt want to be at a disadvantage with either Yo or So. She was extremely civil to Queen Yu even when she probably wanted to hurl at her. I think that even though she likes So, she wouldnt have thought of marriage to him had he not piqued her interest by issuing that challenge and Yo practically goading her to it. I still think that her ambition for power is more of a priority and thus finding the perfect marriage alliance to secure that power, preferably staying in the palace, at this point of time. Taming So by marriage to him may be an idea that takes much more of a hold on her in future episodes. What I want to know is what had happened in the past that has made her so mercenary......or is it a part of her inherent nature?

• Like 21

2 hours ago, chi13lou said:

Maybe the story will not reach the part where So will marry YH and just "end" (the Goryeo part) in HS traveling back to the present, assuming that she will return to modern day.

I´m naiv enough to hope for it...

If I can trust in that.... there are marriage Line for the Future Marriage - but noone for Wang So and Yeon Hwa... So - until I have to suffer and witness it in the Drama I will hope it will not happen in ML. sob...

It would kinda let go Wang Sos Word go to waste - what he said about her value and marriage.

• Like 19

@hiluna and @pujajain hi chingus :) we thought alike. Even as much as I like watching Wook and Su....I have always felt that they were both experiencing infatuation and the giddy feelings that come with it. With Su its probably thankfulness, reliance and a rebound crush while for Wook it looks like his first crush....and we all know how emotional first crushes/ infatuations and loves make us. I honestly wouldnt call it love yet even on Wook's part but he may mature into that feeling in the coming eps.

I was also wondering if Wook might have been much more carefree and cheerful previous to his ousting from the palace and that after he came back to songhak he realised the need to be calm, calculative, under the radar yet shrewd and all observing inorder to survive in the current political environment and as well as plan to beget more power in future. When he looks at Su being free spirited it may evoke in him a strong desire to be the same since he has claimed before that he feels bogged down by the responsibilities (his sister's, mother's and probably her clan's too). Thus he felt attracted to her so fast and so much.

• Like 16

finally done backtracking *fiuuuhh*

Thank you to you @ShinRaeMi and @akinahana89 for the insightful feedback. I hope the flow of the storyline can allow us to believe that HS and 13th are destined to be soulmates and bestfriends after all that happened with Lady Hae. I guess I only need to be convinced with some scenes and logical reasons for their budding relationship :)  

Also thank you to @ruizaio for all the historical background you share with us! It really helps us understand better!

I've been amused with all the speculations and theories thrown here as preview of episode 6 feeds our mind with wild and creative imagination on what would come! I do wonder if that 6-minute preview covers only couple of first episodes (as always been the case for other dramas as far as I know) or the whole 20episode-long drama?! I mean, if the first one is the case then are we seeing earlier battle between WW and WS? (as in I really want to see another evil stunts pulled by 3rd and Evil Queen so maybe WW's got to be in 3rd's side thus he fights against WS)? However, if the second is the case then I wonder what kind of trouble happen in between?

Anyway, anyone knows why I couldnt post picture here? :( I already uploaded in my imgur.

And I guess I'm quite happy to see preview of episode 6 hits over 500k view in 2 days!

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1097164/list/67096

Keep watching them in Naver as it helps people to try click on it and see what's going on in the drama! :D

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, leejongsuk said:

OMO. I love that BTS video!~~ I smile like a fool at Lee Joon Gi every time hahaha. :wub: Especially at that bit when IU forgot to interrupt him when he was about to apologize and he mimed stabbing her. Just too much cuteness. I think my ovaries exploded (too dramatic? hahaha).:astonished:

I think Lee Joon Gi would be such fun person to be around in person~~ He seems to have a lot of bromance with Kang Ha Neul off screen too~ hmm i wonder if i have been shipping the wrong couple lololol

• Like 21

yorobun annyeonghaseyo! been reading this thread for the past few days and its getting a lot attention, keep it up! :)

Well, I had some time today to watched epd 5 and I must say that it was heartbreaking. I didn't expect Lady Hae could really act (as in she is very into her character) whereby she made me teared when she was speaking to HS about being foolish about her feelings with WW and when she passed away while being carried by WW during snowy season. :tears: 

On the good side, I laughed so much when WE was being asked to reenact HS's emoticon by the WS. \^0^/  Also, I ship WS + HS as couple :heart: and I would expect more of WS's on screen time. SBS - could you please edit the remaining episodes with more of WS's character? ^_^

Anyhow, IMO all the actors and actresses have been portraying quite well with their characters so far and I believe that this drama may gained more attention in the upcoming weeks given that we have so many international fans around globe speaking about this. :) I just can't wait for the following episode to brighten up the Monday blues away.

Now off to re-watch epd 1 - 4 and download the latest OST. hehe.

P.S: oh ya, thank you everyone for the lovely and amazing gifs/bts vids/images. :wub:

• Like 21