[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

38 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

They're both good ships to sail. Though I'm biased from the c-version. It will always be 4th Prince for me. I couldn't even finish the movie. 

I'd be lying if I said Wook didn't sway me. He had very expressive eyes and seems to adore Hae Soo. Though I'm not sure that will ultimately be enough. I don't think he'll put Hae Soo first before his political ambitions and familial duties. How did the arranged marriage get that far? Surely he should have stepped in sooner to stop it. It's reminds me of when Hae Soo was being whipped. He allowed two swaths with his hesitancy to get involved and in the end it was someone else who forcefully stopped Yeon Hwa. 

Which brings me back to So-Soo or Hae-So. 4th Prince, Wang So, has no such hesitancy concerning Hae So. He doesn't have to concern himself with familial duties - they would rather he not exist so he can pretty much do as he wants. He said without any reservations that she belonged to him... swoon... so has no problem expressing his feelings. He was the only one to decipher her smiley too. That's show they're on a par with each other and already have an understanding of the other. 

And regarding which one is the decoy and which has the real Hae Soo - Wang Wook wouldn't go that far to squirrel her away somewhere, he'd be afraid of the consequences but there's no such concern with Wang So. He will go all out to save her from that wretched plan. Another bonus in his favour. 

Lastly... Wang So needs her more than Wook does. He says he want's someone to treasure him... she would do that. It wouldn't be about ambition or status with her which is what he needs. He's had such a rough life that I feel he's deserves to get the chance. Wook had a chance at love but just kinda blew it for me. There's no doubt that Lady Hae was the perfect wife and loved him deeply. I know you can't force feelings, but surely after a length of time some sort of love should grow. She shouldn't have died with that emptiness in her heart. 

15 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

And here I come...

I am all in for So2 simply cause I dont feel Wook being the real support for HS. We have seen in the scene where YH was hitting HS and WW had chance to speak up for her but he dint or I say he could not, he is so conditioned to behave in one particular way that does not include doing things out of that way. And taking side to his Wife's cousin means he would have to say his sister is wrong. And in that way his loyality towards his family will be questioned. And surely he would not want that.

He hs feelings towards HS and that must be of attraction-infatuation to HS but thats not love, for sure, cause when you love someone you get all the courage to make that person's life safe and sound even at the cost of your life, pride (all right that might be bookish...but still standing against your family can be included). And until that courage is there no feelings can be translated as love and it will mere be crush. Where one can just dream of having the crush in our life but cant take any step to make it possible in reality. Can stare from afar (just like WW does all the time) but any real chance to prove you have something you back off silently.

For HS...i have already written her emotions for WW are of impressing him cause she thinks of him as some of her Idol and she is worried if he will think she is not good for him (Trying hard to write the letter is one such example). But she cant bicker with him, the moment he says something to her the Spunky HS becomes tight liped with one flustered expression on her face. Being with WW she cant be real chirpy HS but just like another Lady Hae (i have read one quote somewhere that males get attracted to unique qualities of a gal (colorful wings of a bird) and the moment she is with him he pressures her to change those qualities very first so that she will not be unique to rest of the world. I read many of comments abt her being weighed down by the expectation of WWs family and I agree with that. She will lose her charm, her uniqueness cause he cant water those qualities by having those rigid, think abt others before you act kind of attitude.

Now next abt WS-HS.

This is my ultimate OTP from the start and will be till end. Reason....She can be her real self in his presence, the spunky, chirpy, talkative self and him being deprived of any emotional support so far will water it with all his affection. She instigates some unknown emotions in WS that he himself does not know, remember the hill top scene when she asked him why you did that (killing) and turns back without hesitating he questions her back why did you enter the bath house that day and she changes the topic to tasty chicken. I loved this scene...WSs response was not calculative or well thought but unconsciously HS response reaches to his heart he remembered their earlier interaction and referred it here (just like you throw a ball on wall and it will come back to you as a reaction) these two are so well in sync as ones action = other reaction.

He is not someone to be controlled by anyone and he will not let anyone control HS too. They both will be like free birds roaming in the sky. And develop their bond from stronger to strongest. And finally they will be like other's support system to fight all odds life would throw.

Besides this HS already has so much courage that he can stand against anyone to save himself from any il-treatment and he can do the same for HS too, be it his family or anyone. He will never allow anyone to dare to insult her. He stopped YH (knowing he has interest in her and vice versa) but he preferred to speak up for HS and taking her sides even when he had to apologize to YH.

He can be the Knight in shining armor for HS to keep her safe and at the same time she will be sky full of silver lightning for him to give him what he missed so far someone to look upto, to embrace him, to whom he can share his past stories and she will never judge him but will listen and shower all her love to him.

So thats it for me...Hope i could put up well to make everyone understand what I feel about both the couples and hope its not confusing (apologies if it does...)

And thanks for reading till end...

I really like how both WW and WS are both strong main characters but for me as well, I am anticipating and can't wait to see WS and HS learn more and more about each other. I've always leaned towards the under-dog character side haha don't know why. WS really has nothing to lose. Right now it's pretty obvious there is no genuine love between them but there is care there which is so sweet. HS voices her care towards WS which I really love because then we can see WS reactions in his face. WS shows his care for HS more through action. I love HS's face when WS came in after WW when her and prince jung were being beaten. Her face lit up even more. 

I too loved that part where WS understood HS's 'poem'! LOL

I'm glad that HS now knows that WS probably doesn't want to kill her? hahaha

Can't wait!!

• Like 18

thanks for the interview, I love how she calls LJK first LJK sunbaenim then Oppa hihi.... anyway it's cute to see LJK just nodded all the time, you can tell he is the oldest (LOL) and how she mentioned he took care everybody. Looks like everyone really worked hard for this drama, let's just support them and this drama til the end!! 

• Like 23

After I watch ep 5,  i dont understan season in goryeo.. 

When HS and WW come home from palace it was snowing.. But when scene about Baek Ah angry with HS and when HS talking to WW its like spring..

But when lady Har die, snowing again.. 

:astonished:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

I am surprised that you didn't list LJK, his crying scenes always makes me cry and his best was here in MLSHR ep 4 when he confronted his mother, I didn't even have to understand what they were saying. So sad, I wanted to hug him so much.

I think JoonKi is exceptional, because the cry scene is heartbreaking but how can his face still beautiful?  (my delulu fangirling) 

3 hours ago, yourmindisasnowflake said:

Hahaha i'm giggling to myself about what we're going to do when that mask finally comes off and we see his entire beautiful face in those close up shots~ :wub: *faints*

Ack... Please PD-nim make that full close up shots longer so I can R.I.P happily ever after

2 hours ago, Berou said:

it will be one of those moments filled with admiration and tension \^o^/. HS will be  telling herself what a fine man :wub:, and imagine the tension between them when she will be putting the makeup to cover his scar, their eyes will meet and they will be staring at each other . AHHH i'm already hyperventilating

Even in the preview did make my heart shiver... Can't wait that to be happen

Because I have much spare time I watch the ep 6 preview again (both version, or maybe three? because I see 2 version HaeSoo with So 4th one with WooHee and one without WooHee plus 1 version Pink hoodie decoy with Wook 8th), I realize:

- HaeSoo trying to remember her (minimal) historical knowledge to guess who is the next king. Are this because JiMong's advice that she had to carefull with what she did in the palace (because one wrong step can change the whole history)

- Next ep MLSHR will be a busy week. WooHee, General Park Soo-kyung (SoonDuk father), Court Lady Oh, (and maybe SoonDuk) will appear (and make all relationship more complicated)

- The yellow mustard clothes with green skirt is making appearance, that mean HaeSoo is becoming maid. Because I think the arranged marriage is happen when HaeSoo still in Wook 8th residence (she still wearing beautiful clothes and beautiful white pajamas that I want that pajamas very much because it's so cute) so she becoming maid after the arranged marriage and all running scene. So the running scene could be very short.

- The preview indeed deceiving, because they use same HaeSoo voice about afraid not to meet "him" again in different video. The video with So 4th make me think that HaeSoo is afraid not to meet So 4th again, but the video with Wook 8th make me think that HaeSoo is afraid not to meet Wook 8th again. If I have to chose, I would chose the second one (with Wook 8th) because we get the scene where Wook 8th dressing HaeSoo with hoodie and the whole idea that they have to saperate (HaeSoo with So 4th and Wook 8th with decoy) just make sanse.

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, hazzle said:

After I watch ep 5,  i dont understan season in goryeo.. 

When HS and WW come home from palace it was snowing.. But when scene about Baek Ah angry with HS and when HS talking to WW its like spring..

But when lady Har die, snowing again.. 

:astonished:

i know, i kinda got confused too, when they went to the palace and HS gave WW the soap, they walked on the thick snow.... then looks like spring then suddenly winter again til the wife died... uhmmm.. but I'm sure it was supposed to be in winter, same like the scene when HS gave chicken basket to WS, you can tell it was snowing in the background.

but I don't want to make a big deal out of it, sometimes during 6 months period of filming this drama, they probably shoot different scenes at different times and it just happened. :( they probably added that scene when HS & WW talking on later date, to add more justification about their poem/love story.... 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Mona Ys said:

i know, i kinda got confused too, when they went to the palace and HS gave WW the soap, they walked on the thick snow.... then looks like spring then suddenly winter again til the wife died... uhmmm.. but I'm sure it was supposed to be in winter, same like the scene when HS gave chicken basket to WS, you can tell it was snowing in the background.

but I don't want to make a big deal out of it, sometimes during 6 months period of filming this drama, they probably shoot different scenes at different times and it just happened. :( they probably added that scene when HS & WW talking on later date, to add more justification about their poem/love story.... 

Because of the snow scenes, we can assume it's winter in Goryeo. The palace and 8th's residence are situated in different parts of the city. Remember when 4 was sitting on that rock overlooking the valley when Haesoo came to bring his lunch?  Haesoo had remarked that he was looking at the palace...which is in the middle of the valley below.  We can then assume that at 8th's home is closer to the mountainside where it's colder. In the middle of the city (any city), there's more heat generated due to increased number of people and traffic.

In certain parts of the world during certain seasons, it's possible to have both. I live in one of them so I can tell you this is absolutely possible. Granted, it's usually not walking distance.  :)

• Like 15

2 hours ago, shiraru said:

@MoOnLoVeRz Awww what a cute interview! And I think Kang Haneul likes IU~~~~ his gaze at her when she said Liu Shishi is beautiful is like, "Well...you're beautiful too.", aaaaaaah...!! If only IU weren't taken in real life, I'd ship her peacefully with Kang Haneul or Lee Junki. They are just. So. Cuuuute!!

If IU weren't taken in real life and with lee jun ki.. its like a fate .. hahaha like liu shi shi and nicky wu....

• Like 17

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

or what WS will find later when he and HS are in love.. and then he will remember how she "liked" WW's poem.. and the mystery ensues..

Will bring separation of HS and WS..

I don't think she is going back to 2016

Ah its a highly poetic material.. its a love song.. and its found amongst HS's things..it would be a no brainer for anyone to guess that HS had a past lover.. and probably has lingering feelings to have not thrown the poem right away :)

5 minutes ago, ossy91 said:

If IU weren't taken in real life and with lee jun ki.. its like a fate .. hahaha like liu shi shi and nicky wu....

Who is her boyfriend?

And can someone give me some bg on IU?

a) Why is she even called IU when her name is entirely different?

B) b ) what is she or claim to fame? singer - kpop  idol .. which drama catapulted her to fame

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skxz said:

@lebritneeey

I totally agree with you and ship Soo/So them for those exact reasons but there's just something about how KHN personifies Wook that makes me ship him and Soo as well. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but their chemistry brings butterflies to my stomach and makes my heart flutter. 

True, whenever I watched their scenes, it gives me those heart fluttering moments. Although I'm a Soo/So shipper, but sometimes scenes with Wook and Soo makes me melt especially whenever Wook stares at her lovingly. 

• Like 9

@enigmatic_zephy Her real name is Lee Ji Eun as used in this drama credits, however she debut as a talented singer call IU and is commonly known as IU. I dont recall her using her real name until this drama. You can go youtube and search for the songs she sang, her vocals are incredible. My personal favourite is A Good Day.:) And so, her main job is in singing.

A few months ago? She admitted to dating another singer call Jang Ki Ha, whom altho not as famous as her, and 11 years older, is a brainy graduate of the top University - Seoul University.

[spoiler/]

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Berou said:

i went to take a look at the dramafire comments, someone got the exact duration of each emperor reign :

sunggyudear4 hours ago

I'm interested in learning korean history after watching this series.

So from what I've learnt:

1st emperor of Goryeo: Taejo (ruled for 25 years)

2nd emperor of Goryeo: the crown prince (Wang Mo, ruled for 2 years)

3rd emperor of Goryeo: the 3rd prince (Wang Yo, ruled for 4 years, acted by Hong Jong Hyun)

4th emperor of Goryeo: the 4th prince (Gwangjong, Wang So, ruled for 26 years, married his half sister Yeon Hwa who later become Queen Daemok, acted by Lee Joon Gi)

5th emperor of Goryeo: 1st son of Wang So & Yeon Hwa (Gyeongjong, ruled for 6 years)

6th emperor of Goryeo: 2nd son of Wang Wook, the 8th prince, acted by Kang Ha Neul (Seongjong, ruled for 16 years)

So although Wook didn't become the emperor, his son did

source: http://dramafire.com/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-episode-5/

Wow.. that's like I will take revenge on you on behalf of my father..

Actually kind of satisfied with that twist in history.. in a way both our leads get to be associated with the ultimate throne

• Like 11

Hi, everyone!

This is my impresion about princes after five episodes:

Wang So - Despite his painful past, despite the fact that he never felt mother's love, I dare to say that no one loved him, his's not a cruel or uncomprehending person as I expected.

Being stigmatized since his childhood, treated as a toy by the mother who adopted him, threw in a pack of wolves, feared or despised by his own brothers for no reason, he continued to fight and never gave up, dreaming to return in the bosom of the family that exiled him. Many others would have returned with thoughts of revenge being really turned into beasts because of harsh life that they have lived, but he still managed to keep his humanity hoping that eventually his mother will accept him. But it wasn't to be. He's smart, a good observer, and really cares about those close to him, otherwise he would not be involved in the fight in the forest where he saved his brothers and Hae-Soo. I don't want to say that he's a kind and generous person, yeah he likes to scare people, he's rough, but I think that's because of his desire to get rid of the bitterness in his soul. And he never kill without reason.

I want to add that it is obvious that in the time of his hard life he received some support from someone.

Wang Wook - At first sight he's a noble man, generous and understanding who loves his family. He has never loved his wife, but at least he respected her. He had always lived after the rules imposed, trying to be a model in the eyes of other people especially in the eyes of his brothers. Hae Soo didn't matter too much for him until he noticed the change in her behavior. A new Hae-Soo, a very honest one, devoid of constraints, brave, putting herself in danger for others, a bizarre behavior for a young lady in those times who will be able to bring the storm in his life. At first, Wang Soo was intrigued, then his heart began to flutter in her presence. O, yeah, he realized what was happening but he did nothing to put an end to these feelings or to express them. I don't understand why he wasn't honest with himself and to his wife. It is strange but It looks like she (his wife) knows him better than he knows himself. So, he lost his composure and he crumbled between duty and love... or... maybe isn't love. Maybe it's just a hot desire.

Wang Eun - Until now he's an epitome of naivety. Like Hae-Soo said too pure for the world in which he lives.

Wang Yo - he's the mirror that reflects the wishes of his mother. Devoid of the personality is just a tool which unfortunately, will get to sit on the throne.

Wang Jung - spoiled and irresponsible

So far the characters of the other princes are too little develop to say something about them. All I know is the fact that Wang Wook seems to be in love with Lady Hae. Sorry for him.

This is not like an analysis of characters they are just my thoughts. Thanks to all who took the trouble to read it.

• Like 20