[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, ruzikie said:

but he will not end up with hae soo right ? i guess i have to blame Baekhyun's OST because i was too much listening of the OST that baekhyun, chen and xiumin sang, i end up rooting Hae Soo with Wang So hahahaha. I am the minority of Wang Soo and Hae Soo shipper here guys.

In the Chinese version, the main lead loved the 8th prince, but

Spoiler

the 8th prince chose to pursue for the throne..she will later fall in love with the 4th prince but she ended up marrying the 14th...such a complicated loveline..but there are a lot of changes in the Korean version so i think in this version, she will not marry the 14th...but in the Chinese version, she's loyal to the 4th till the very end...even if she ended up marrying the other prince...I hope they did not followed the C-version because it is too complicated.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Reveal hidden contents

since this is a adaption to the cversion, then it probably go like this, when 4th became king, he took in Hae Soo character in as his "concubine" but she wasn't officially a concubine nor given the title. But he did spend time with her and she did get pregnant but in the cversion, 8th prince wife told her it was all her doing that cause 8th downfall because in the cversion she warned 8th to beware of 4th that cause him to attack 4th's people (the 13th prince) in which when 4th became king, he took revenge on the people that harm him and 13th prince. She lost her baby in which 4th blamed 8th prince and his wife and made him divorce her and she committed suicide. Hae Soo character fell into depression and wants to leave the palace so she told 13th to give 14th a message saying "okay" to what he ask her before in which was before the king died, he gave 14th a edict in making Hae Soo his concubine so she got a chance to leave the palace but 4th didn't agree to but he doesn't want other to say he's being disrespectful to the past king so he hesitated till 8th said some stuff which pissed off 4th and he let Hae Soo leaves. But due to her illness and depression, she was getting sicker and her time was ending so she wrote a letter to 4th in which he put aside thinking since its coming from 14th its nonsense. So she died without seeing 4th but 14th was beside her when she died. When 4th read that 14th prince concubine died he regret it she went back to present day in which she was wondering was it all a dream. But when she went to the museum of history she saw a painting that included all the princes and she noticed a girl that looks like her and she realized it wasn't a dream then she bump into modern day 4th prince

That's how the cversion went I'm pretty sure kversion will change it up to match their history but they probably keep some details. and who knows they might do a sequel since the cversion had a sequel in modern day lol

Gosh how i wish Hae Soo and Wang Soo would meet up in real life after she went back from Goryeo

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Am so Glad u understand what I mean even tho there is a typo:D

sometimes I type too fast and don't see that autocorrect has done some tricks.:D

thats completely understood even with typo....cause truth makes the understanding clear itself...lol...

• Like 8

Sorry, I want to ask those who watched the c version, was the poem thing from there? If it isn't then the Koreans have spent quite some effort to dig out this lovely poem for the story.

@bebebisous33 totally agree with you that Haesoo is just enamoured by the current "white knight" Wook, later she will fall deeply with the "dark knight" So, who is her true soulmate because he was the only one who understood her emoticon 

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i seems to remember someone said that HaeSoo will be teleported back in times and also she wake up with nothing change and no mentioned of 'HaeSoo' in that particular dynasty....

I'm not sure if they will set to change this to have a happy ending or they bend on following the adaptation through

personally i really prefer happy ending though but im preparing myself for the worst :x

Spoiler

Like in the cversion she died and her soul transported back to her modern day body in which she was in the hospital and she wonder if it was all jus a dream. She then went to the museum in which they were showing the history and there was no mention of her but she saw a painting in which the girl serving tea to the princes looks exactly like her. So she knew it wasn't a dream. She wasn't in the history was because in the cversion and novel, she never officially became 4th concubine and when she became 14th concubine, 4th didn't add her to the family tree or history because to him she was his not 14th so he rather erase her from history 

• Like 12

It would have been better if they followed the C-version wherein the 8th wife was just forced to marry the 8th. The 8th prince loved his wife so much but she remained cold and distant to him. She didn't showed affection and hasn't loved him in return. I think that was also the reason why the 8th ended up falling in love with Rouxi (HaeSoo).

• Like 8

I am really interested in that guy from the future...makes it all the more interesting....I want to know more about him...and I read somebody's theory as to how even Wang So can be from future...!!wah...that can be a great twist...damn...he is too smart to identify that emoticon...;)

• Like 9

@wackeemarie

I'm putting him behind a glass case just in case... :D 

Have yet to watch the raw, going to toddle off now and do so. I can't believe Lady Hae is gone already. :( That's going to be a tearjerker especially the way you all described it going down. As has been said I think Wook loves her just that he's not in love with her. This guilt will eat him alive and paralyze him so he doesn't act quicker to secure Hae Soo before the Evil Queen starts her plotting. Maybe also Yeon Hwa had a hand in arranging the marriage... and picked the ugliest bloke.... to get Hae Soo out of the way of her scheming for Wang So. She's a toerag - I really don't like her character at all. She's like a mini me Evil Queen in the making. Can you imagine how she would be to Hae Soo if both were married to Wang So at the same time?.... shudder to think...  

@qwenli

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall 8th Prince writing Ruoxi a love poem before. The writing she did do was all in an effort to copy 4th Princes beautiful calligraphy as she wanted to be on a par with his high perfectionist standards. Thinking of it now, it may have been 4th who wrote her poetry.... would have to watch it again to confirm though.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Interesting bebe sensei. I feel like Hae Soo is more open mind with Wang So rather than Wang Wook. Tbh, i don't like nice guys. Hahaha

The thing is that if our theory is correct, Wang So will help Wang Wook to stop the arranged marriage. Here again, Wang Wook could have prevented it, if he had asked HS to marry him. But we saw in the preview that after lady Hae's death, he cries a lot in front of Hae Soo and he seems to feel guilty. This will make Hae Soo feel more uncomfortable than before. Wang Wook is in my opinion too passive, the exact opposite to Wang So who tried everything in order to get love and recognition from his mother. Wang Wook never had to do such a thing. Wang So will risk his reputation for Hae Soo by helping with the kidnapping, while Wang Wook will cover his tracks (two ladies in purple). That would be typical if it really happens like that. This would lead us to the next problem:

- Wang So falls in love with Hae Soo and since he has always been proactive, he will do anything to be loved by Hae Soo. I can imagine that Wang Wook will say that Wang So stole Hae Soo from him.

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Sorry, I want to ask those who watched the c version, was the poem thing from there? If it isn't then the Koreans have spent quite some effort to dig out this lovely poem for the story.

@bebebisous33 totally agree with you that Haesoo is just enamoured by the current "white knight" Wook, later she will fall deeply with the "dark knight" So, who is her true soulmate because he was the only one who understood her emoticon 

The 8th prince loves to write letters in a form of a poem for Rouxi (HaeSoo) because they have this "secret" relationship. His loveletters are disguised as poems. I just forgot the content of the poems if it's the same in the Korean version. Also, in the latter episodes, the 4th also did the same to Rouxi. They really love to make poems for the woman they love.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, mema said:

i have to say about the drama, sometimes watching LJK acting crazy and Mom plotting is more interesting  than the sappy love story. I know what sort of story this drama is and it involves a lot of romance but I rather watch the Princes fighting for the throne than a girl :P

It seems like that in the beginning but if its holding any similarity to the c-version, its not all about fighting over Hae Soo. You do have 2 brothers that love her deeply but towards the end it's really all about fighting for the throne and the bloodshed that comes with it. Hae Soo or Ruo Xi (chinese version) is caught in the middle of this maelstrom because she knows history but she has to tread carefully. She knows that everything she says and does will alter history. Thats why when she saw the astronomer Choi Ji Mong, he advised her to watch what she says. Thats why the name of the series is means to tread carefully step by step.

Major spoiler here for ppl who haven't read or watched the original novel source:

Spoiler

Ruo Xi knew history but before she broke up with the 8th prince, she told him to be careful of the 4th. But by doing that she caused the bloodshed and the imprisonment of 13th prince. She caused the things that she wanted to avoid which contributed to her depression.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@wackeemarie

I'm putting him behind a glass case just in case... :D 

Have yet to watch the raw, going to toddle off now and do so. I can't believe Lady Hae is gone already. :( That's going to be a tearjerker especially the way you all described it going down. As has been said I think Wook loves her just that he's not in love with her. This guilt will eat him alive and paralyze him so he doesn't act quicker to secure Hae Soo before the Evil Queen starts her plotting. Maybe also Yeon Hwa had a hand in arranging the marriage... and picked the ugliest bloke.... to get Hae Soo out of the way of her scheming for Wang So. She's a toerag - I really don't like her character at all. She's like a mini me Evil Queen in the making. Can you imagine how she would be to Hae Soo if both were married to Wang So at the same time?.... shudder to think...  

I hope the writer won't do that. Scarlet Heart is all about how the princes fought for the throne. It's never been about the queen scheming to get Hae Soo out of the way. It's always been about who will be the next King.

Spoiler

Honestly, what I don't like about the Korean version is they made the queen so involved with the fight for the throne. In the C-version, only the princes did all the scheming and killing. Though the queen has always favored his other son than the 4th (Wang So).

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

In the C version

Reveal hidden contents

They are exchanging letters for a while,specially when Rouxi entered the palace. There was also the first letter she gave to 8th. Also being a historical bluff as she is, she can write tradional chinese.

So maybe while Hae Soo shall live in Wang So's stead , she and Wook.will exchange letters. 

However she still have to learn how to write hanja 

So maybe like the chinese version

Reveal hidden contents

Hae Soo will learn how to write thru Wang So if WS have secret affiliation with 13th most prolly he also learned how to read and write. BECAUSE 

There was a moment in the life of Rouxi and 4th were they also secretely exchanged letters to that point Rouxi studied 4th's penmanship/handwriting. 

It is one of the reasons why I loved BBJX because of the love letters and poetry. So happy that we also have to see it in SHR . 

I totally agree!

Spoiler

It was a crime punishable by death at the time to emulate the emperor's penmanship too. But because Ruo Xi was able to it only showed how much she loved the 4th. Ugh, still remember that scene and it had me crying my eyes out.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

It would have been better if they followed the C-version wherein the 8th wife was just forced to marry the 8th. The 8th prince loved his wife so much but she remained cold and distant to him. She didn't showed affection and hasn't loved him in return. I think that was also the reason why the 8th ended up falling in love with Rouxi (HaeSoo).

In the cversion he had 2 wives but in this version 8th only had one but it looks like they combine the wives into one, like 

Spoiler

in the cversion his first wife help bring 8th status up since his mother was low rank concubine while in the kversion she help bring them back from exile. in the cversion the 8th second wife knows how to ride horses that's how he fell in love with her and in the kversion, she knows how to ride horses. in the cversion, the 2nd concubine asked for a divorce on her death bed since she got sick while in kversion she knew she was dying so she ask him to marry somebody else or divorce her

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, ofeliaslie. said:

It seems like that in the beginning but if its holding any similarity to the c-version, its not all about fighting over Hae Soo. You do have 2 brothers that love her deeply but towards the end it's really all about fighting for the throne and the bloodshed that comes with it. Hae Soo or Ruo Xi (chinese version) is caught in the middle of this maelstrom because she knows history but she has to tread carefully. She knows that everything she says and does will alter history. Thats why when she saw the astronomer Choi Ji Mong, he advised her to watch what she says. Thats why the name of the series is means to tread carefully step by step.

Major spoiler here for ppl who haven't read or watched the original novel source:

Hide contents

Ruo Xi knew history but before she broke up with the 8th prince, she told him to be careful of the 4th. But by doing that she caused the bloodshed and the imprisonment of 13th prince. She caused the things that she wanted to avoid which contributed to her depression.

Spoiler

Nothing was changed in the history. So, I guess, the real Rouxi is also the reason why everything happened in the past.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I know we have been questioning Wang So's feelings for Hae Soo, but honestly, I am wondering if Hae Soo really loves Wang Wook. Sure, he has been so gentle towards her the entire time, yet we shouldn't forget that before that, she had that bad experience with her cheating boyfriend. Then she also witnessed the killing of people therefore she must be so receptive to kindness. I won't say that she doesn't love Wang Wook, but to me, it is more infatuation. Finally, she doesn't know the real Wang Wook, the calculative and intelligent man. She never saw how rude and mean he was to Wang So. She saw that he didn't protect her like he said, but since he came to give her some cream for her pain and apologised to her, she overlooked it. In my opinion, she hasn't shared her inner thoughts to Wang Wook like she did with Wang So. 

You pretty much wrote down what has been on my mind for the last two episodes. Hae Soo has the mindset of a modern day women but is captured in the body of a 16 year old Goryeo girl. She is completely lost and at first can't seem to rely on anyone. She quickly grows fond of Lady Hae who is the closest mother figure and anchor Hae Soo can get in this strange and unfamiliar world. It makes sense that they connect quickly.
But Wook is different. Since Lady Hae is almost like a mother Hae Soo, to some extend he seems like a strong and protective father figure at first. As they become closer their barriers break down and she starts to view him more like an Oppa. After a while the lines between brotherly Oppa and potential boyfriend Oppa don't appear as clear anymore as she begins to rely on him. However, at the same time she's afraid to rely on him too much. She doesn't want to cause a misunderstanding and she tries not to see him as a potential lover. Hae Soo feels uncomfortable with the thought of Wook having two woman and she gives her best to keep her physical distance from him.
Above this 
Wook might tries to protect Hae Soo but at least half of the time he also fails while trying to do so. While he seemed like the only male person to defend her at first, Hae Soo's situation slowly changes as she develops relationships of different sorts with other people as well. She will slowly realize that Wook isn't as perfect as he seems at first, but since he is the closest thing to family she has left (after Lady Hae's death) it is just natural for her to be fond of him, too.
As for Wang So, he did cause Hae Soo to feel all sorts of negative feelings at the start. But we gotta admit, he pretty much does save her in every crucial moment she encounters. He is different with her than he is with everyone else. When they are together we see two outcasts who can drop theirs masks as long as they are only in the presence of each other. Wang So might be rough and cruel on the outside, but he is also not as calculating as Wook's character was planned to be. He even said it himself. He wants a wife who loves him for who he is. He needs an emotional ally more than someone with power and money. This is way closer to Hae Soo's modern mindset and therefore I guess she'll be able to relate to So even more in future.
It will be interesting how the love triangle will unfold and what it does to the relationship brothers...
What I really like about Scarlet Heart is that Hae Soo would definitely have a reason to be with either of them ( 4 or 8). The writers made the two male leads almost equally appealing. Her choice therefore isn't as obvious as in other dramas; it's less predictable.  

• Like 23

7 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:
  Hide contents

Nothing was changed in the history. So, I guess, the real Rouxi is also the reason why everything happened in the past.

Spoiler

Exactly. It still happened the way it was supposed to happen which was the irony of it all. She thought she could spare some of the bloodshed but at the end she was the cause of it bc she planted the seed of doubt in the 8th prince's mind by warning him. 

• Like 7