[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Actually I really wish there is some back story to yeon hwa , like why is she having a crush on the 4th when everyone consider him ugly in those times also being a mean mercenary as she is, she should be looking for someone strong and powerful but 4th is quite an outcast now, so it doesn't make sense.

• Like 20

Here I am again... Emoticon 0128 Hi hours and days late... and trying to read all this....it's like trying to absorb War and Peace in minute intervals... ACK:w00t:  I manage to read and enjoy three posts and another 10 pages are added..... Emoticon 0108 Speechless 

I just wanted you all to know I am faithfully watching as the translations are added.  and I am here and skulking around periodically and am loving what I have time to read. Keep up the great work everyone!  The writing and comments are amazing. Love to all. Emoticon 0152 Heart

• Like 16

@qwenliI believe, Wang Wook loves his wife like she said, she loved him more than he did. However, there is no reason to deny his feelings for her. Besides, there are different kind of love. Therefore I agree with @lyn09. He always acted like a polite, calm and distanced husband, yet he spent a lot of time with her and he worried about her. That's why her death will upset him as he could never say that he loved her too. In my opinion he will guilty therefore he won't ask Hae Soo to marry him.

• Like 17

42 minutes ago, theseasasleep said:

I must admit I didn't see this path to So falling in love with Soo coming. The angle opens a conflicted avenue because when So hides Soo away it is at least partially as a favor to his brother who, I'm guessing, will all but admit to So he loves her. If that's the case it's an extra tangled and painful web for So to fall in love with Soo because 1) he has been entrusted with her and 2) he starts the love race knowing he's the third wheel. I mean, for the narrative it is kind of brilliant because the story can play upon all of So's inferiority complexes and longings for closeness and love. Yet it is heartbreaking because, well, he's falling in love with a girl he knows is in love with someone else and not just any someone else but his universally respected brother. Talk about feeling like the ugly duckling!

This leaves me curious about everyone's mindset going into the plan of hiding Soo away. Is Wook doing it with the mindset he will never see her again, with the idea of letting go or rather burying his heart? Is Soo leaving with the mindset of loving Wook til the end or will she resolve to clear her feelings because of her cousin and her new circumstance? So involves himself in helping to protect Soo because he was asked? Because he saw she was in trouble? A little of both? The scene with the astronomer where he repeats Soo's declaration about so many stars in Goryeo indicates he is falling for her a little more each day, with or without her around. It's no small thing that he willingly trades what he has desired most for 15 years (living in the palace with his family) to hide Soo away; I wonder if he even understands the meaning behind his actions just yet.

Apologies dear for cutting your post, you have raised great questions and comments (as usual from you) which I am looking forward to being addressed and answered by next week's episodes. Granting So has been aware of Soo yet it is not to the extent of being in love with her yet unlike in Wook's case. Also, if So is indeed helping Wook in hiding Soo, it is not the usual case for a male lead in kdrama plot. So falling for Soo whilst knowing Wook and Soo's feeling for each other adds another layer to his very complex emotional state already.

Such a sad episode but I'd like to share 1 of the episode's highlight for me, thanks to @AuroraRain's twitter post. So's hand on Soo's shoulder, his little smile and I thought a pat on her hair/head but alas he pulls her a little too forceful..ah LJG how can you be so adorable at 34:wub:

Empress @MadraRua may I please be allowed at least in the presence of LJG? I won't ask to be in his harem.I'll be content looking at him all day.

Good night Eclipses from my side of the world.

• Like 24

9 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Erm, he is supposed to be king...

HS's life is the one in question.....

but he will not end up with hae soo right ? i guess i have to blame Baekhyun's OST because i was too much listening of the OST that baekhyun, chen and xiumin sang, i end up rooting Hae Soo with Wang So hahahaha. I am the minority of Wang Soo and Hae Soo shipper here guys.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Actually I really wish there is some back story to yeon he's, like why is she having a crush on the 4th when everyone consider him ugly in those times also being a mean mercenary as she is, she should be looking for someone strong and powerful but 4th is quite an outcast now, so it doesn't make sense.

I need this too... plus 4th had been gone for so long yet YH seems to like him a lot, wonder what it is founded upon. And tbh i look forward to their scenes together bc they have a lot of chemistry

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Wang So will die in the end right meanwhile the reason i watch this because of him saying bogosipotta to Haesoo. gosh, don't tell me it will have a tragic ending.

Spoiler

Wang So (4th prince) isn't going to die, in history, he will become the king meanwhile his other brothers some ended up with tragic fate. Since this is an adaption to the cversion, the story will get darker later with politics involved with the main princes fighting for the throne. So in this version it looks like it will be 3rd, 4th and 8th that will fight for the throne and in the end its 4th version 8th in which the other princes will allied themselves between the two princes. In the cversion the one that supported 4th was only 13 while 9, 10, 14 supported 8th . 

So if this adaption is base loosely on the cversion, it will have a tragic ending so prepare tissues

• Like 12

1 hour ago, whyo said:

Hi eclipses..
I think.... WangSo come from the future?? haha
There is something fishy about him ever since ep.4.

After Haesoo said "Fighting" to Jung and Jung said "Fighting" too, the camera look at WangSo and its look like  WangSo said "what?"  *he speak english?? seriouslly??

Is it only me who think this way? Any of you think the same?

And today, the only one who know the answer of HaeSoo's letter was WangSo. How come he know the meaning of that emoticon?? 

Much that I like the idea, it is too far fetched. Can you imagine someone from the future being able to kill like that, he would have to be a psycho??

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Wang So will die in the end right meanwhile the reason i watch this because of him saying bogosipotta to Haesoo. gosh, don't tell me it will have a tragic ending.

I really hope this drama won't be a sad ending drama. I looked at the history about Goryeo at wiki and found that in the real history, So will succeed the throne for around 50 years, but before So rule, there was 2 more king ( his brothers ). 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wang So (4th prince) isn't going to die, in history, he will become the king meanwhile his other brothers some ended up with tragic fate. Since this is an adaption to the cversion, the story will get darker later with politics involved with the main princes fighting for the throne. So in this version it looks like it will be 3rd, 4th and 8th that will fight for the throne and in the end its 4th version 8th in which the other princes will allied themselves between the two princes. In the cversion the one that supported 4th was only 13 while 9, 10, 14 supported 8th . 

So if this adaption is base loosely on the cversion, it will have a tragic ending so prepare tissues

WHAT ? NO ERRRRHHHHHHH

why lee joon ki in saeguk drama always has a bad ending errrrrrr

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

but he will not end up with hae soo right ? i guess i have to blame Baekhyun's OST because i was too much listening of the OST that baekhyun, chen and xiumin sang, i end up rooting Hae Soo with Wang So hahahaha. I am the minority of Wang Soo and Hae Soo shipper here guys.

Remember Soo is from the future; therefore, somehow, she will be transported back to the future; either by death or some other means.  WS will become king and will marry HY, the 8th prince's sister.  Apparently, WS and HY were childhood friends as well has half siblings, therefore, to solidify his position as an heir to the throne, So will marry HY.  The 4th prince might make Soo his concubine, or he might not get married until she is out of the picture.  We have to wait and see which way the writers take the story.  The one thing I am certain of is Wang So and Soo will get together and, as good as their on-screen chemistry is, sparks fly.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

line that caught my attention among all episode's recap... khamsahmnida for giving one adjective to Gominam..

Am so Glad u understand what I mean even tho there is a typo:D

sometimes I type too fast and don't see that autocorrect has done some tricks.:D

• Like 6

Just now, bebebisous33 said:

I know we have been questioning Wang So's feelings for Hae Soo, but honestly, I am wondering if Hae Soo really loves Wang Wook. Sure, he has been so gentle towards her the entire time, yet we shouldn't forget that before that, she had that bad experience with her cheating boyfriend. Then she also witnessed the killing of people therefore she must be so receptive to kindness. I won't say that she doesn't love Wang Wook, but to me, it is more infatuation. Finally, she doesn't know the real Wang Wook, the calculative and intelligent man. She never saw how rude and mean he was to Wang So. She saw that he didn't protect her like he said, but since he came to give her some cream for her pain and apologised to her, she overlooked it. In my opinion, she hasn't shared her inner thoughts to Wang Wook like she did with Wang So. 

Interesting bebe sensei. I feel like Hae Soo is more open mind with Wang So rather than Wang Wook. Tbh, i don't like nice guys. Hahaha

• Like 19

Hi guys, some more article comment translations, this is from the current #1 article in the Naver trending articles sidebar (entertainment section- article talks about how Lady Hae is ill). Again, my Korean knowledge is not that great so I apologise for any mistakes.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000647733

1. [+5607, -97] Park Shi Eun is pitiful..ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+4634, -93] Today was the story of Lady Hae-ssi (wife) and Kang Sky (they typed out Haneul's name as 스카이) ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠso much heartache ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+3652, -153] Kang Ha Neul was really cool ㅠㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+2902, -96] Ah, it's so sad ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+3278, -230]  It was really fun and also sad today, Lee Jun Ki  분량 (word I don't understand)....

6. [+1334, -24] Shi Eun unni (some talk about how she was pretty, sorry I got confused here)

7. [+1228, -28] Whoa, speaking for myself today, don't wake [Lady Hae] from her sleep (???? This is the full comment 와 개인적으로 오늘 명대사 부인의 잠을 깨우지 말자..)

8. [+936, -22] Park Shi Eun is really pretty ㅠㅠㅠㅠ today was really sad..

9. [+940, -31] Kang Ha Neul's acting at the end [지림, idk what this means]

10. [+894, -31]  (talks about Hae Su getting Lady Hae's makeup things and how it's really sadㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 맴찢)

It's really noisy outside so I'm waiting for it to be quiet before I can watch ep 5, at least translating/attempting to translate makes me less frustrated while I wait!

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, ruzikie said:

Spoiler

since this is a adaption to the cversion, then it probably go like this, when 4th became king, he took in Hae Soo character in as his "concubine" but she wasn't officially a concubine nor given the title. But he did spend time with her and she did get pregnant but in the cversion, 8th prince wife told her it was all her doing that cause 8th downfall because in the cversion she warned 8th to beware of 4th that cause him to attack 4th's people (the 13th prince) in which when 4th became king, he took revenge on the people that harm him and 13th prince. She lost her baby in which 4th blamed 8th prince and his wife and made him divorce her and she committed suicide. Hae Soo character fell into depression and wants to leave the palace so she told 13th to give 14th a message saying "okay" to what he ask her before in which was before the king died, he gave 14th a edict in making Hae Soo his concubine so she got a chance to leave the palace but 4th didn't agree to but he doesn't want other to say he's being disrespectful to the past king so he hesitated till 8th said some stuff which pissed off 4th and he let Hae Soo leaves. But due to her illness and depression, she was getting sicker and her time was ending so she wrote a letter to 4th in which he put aside thinking since its coming from 14th its nonsense. So she died without seeing 4th but 14th was beside her when she died. When 4th read that 14th prince concubine died he regret it she went back to present day in which she was wondering was it all a dream. But when she went to the museum of history she saw a painting that included all the princes and she noticed a girl that looks like her and she realized it wasn't a dream then she bump into modern day 4th prince

That's how the cversion went I'm pretty sure kversion will change it up to match their history but they probably keep some details. and who knows they might do a sequel since the cversion had a sequel in modern day lol

• Like 15