[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Wow! Seems to be a daebak episode. I'll be back after watching the subbed version. :D

Making Soap = Great job

Wasting Paper = Poor trees... Did she forget that she is from 21st century? Seeing Soo crumpling that lovely piece of paper and throwing it was sad.....

• Like 13

Uh.... totally daebak ep... my tears still flowing but I have to write it before I forget T_T

1. We know that Lady Hae will soon die. But it's just too sad... She really love Wook and she show that even she know her husband love doesn't belong to her. God this woman literally goddess. So mature and loving. (I'm not sure I can make the same choice as she did, if I were her. I will turn into evil to separate Soo and Wook 8th of course)

2. This episode is dedicated for Wook 8th. After last night ep full of So 4th. Now it's time Wook 8th to shine. And he did. I found he has cute side too. And thank's to Soo for that. We never know before he could grin (and he did it in front of the queen). He surely lost his calm mask, but after BaekAh confrontation he use that mask again (the self control). He tried to be best husband, but yeah we know love can be cruel right.

3. After today ep I think I need to give applause to IU. Let me quote one quotation from Chon SunYi (MLFAS) "If you really cry, then your face will get ugly". And she did that. I hope other people see this too and appriciate IU too. She develop for sure.

4. BaekAh indeed in love with Lady Hae, but he respect Lady Hae decision to stay with Wook 8th that she love. He is the turn over in this ep. He make us clear how Wook feels to Soo and how Soo feels to Wook 8th. We just need next ep to see how that going. (ups I forget we have to wait euhm... 6 days again. Sighn)

5. For So 4th. Sorry this ep trully not yours (but my heart still your of course). Just a little develop (like he like black (he really just wear black) that finally Soo sees it directly how bad So's mother towards So 4th. (Ugh I hate her very much, but until she dies she will be like that right? God, she can't be helped.)

I like the emoticon scene and how So 4th can recognize that (he sure smart)

6. The king is begin to recognize Soo. And that's bad. Ow...

7. JiMong is so suspicious. He just like tell Soo that she have to behave well and not to interfere the history. Uh oh, are he really time traveller too?

8. YeonHwa is like the next Queen Something Something (I like this name) she is ambitious and she know what she can do to reach that. 

Random thought:

a. why it's suddenly full of snow? I never know that snow is really easy to be piled up.

b. why Lady Hae plan doesn't work? She already prepare everthing for Soo to become Wook 8th wife, she even tell Wook's mother.

c. In the end of the prview Wook 8th is the one who help Soo wears pink hoodie. But the strange thing is Soo that he brought is too huge for Soo and If I not mistake we have scene that Soo in pink hoodie with So 4th. Are there exchanging Soo that Wook 8th doesn't realize? Or it's just my mistake eyes?

d. I got bad mark in history and I hate that subject but after this ep I think I need to read my historical book again so if (maybe) I got dragged to the past I know exactly what to do. I think I will use this drama to make other people love history too (that's a great idea isn't it?).

Edited by ahriev
add thought about YeonHwa
  • Like 13

Hi eclipses..
I think.... WangSo come from the future?? haha
There is something fishy about him ever since ep.4.

After Haesoo said "Fighting" to Jung and Jung said "Fighting" too, the camera look at WangSo and its look like  WangSo said "what?"  *he speak english?? seriouslly??

Is it only me who think this way? Any of you think the same?

And today, the only one who know the answer of HaeSoo's letter was WangSo. How come he know the meaning of that emoticon?? 

• Like 11

This episode!! I cried so much!!

but to be honest I feel that the chemistry between Wang Wook and Hae Soo is stronger then between Wang So and Hae Soo:(( I don't know why maybe it is because So treats Hae Soo like a good friend and ally but not like a lover...

• Like 14

Okay, despite of less So in this episode, I might say EPISODE 6 IS AWESOME in many other various aspects! 

KANG HA NEUL! once again! HE NAILS IT! I was so glad it was HIM who's got the role as 8th Prince! Really! He delivers every emotions and body languages needed to translate all the feelings more transparent as if we were there before him witnessing all those things that happen. Kudos to you, Kang Sky! :D

And yes, I agree that Kang Hanna's doing awesome portraying Prince Yeonhwa as she's got so many facets in her character I want story to flesh out one by one. She's not that really complicated one but her interaction with WS is fun to watch thus I'm really curious on her ultimate goal as a member of the palace. 

Lee Ji Eun aka IU's doing fantastic in this episode! She's really way much improved than the last time I saw her (which is YRTBLSS)! I look fwd to see how she emotes all the feelings once she falls in love with WS as I'm impressed with her showcasing her feelings towards WW in this episode and maybe for the next 1-2 episodes. 

Good to see more princes got their airtime and be involved in the entangled plotline. I bet more fun stuff await for us in the following episodes! 

I've never been loving MONDAY so much as I am right now! UGH! Monday, please come faster! *glad I had public holiday on next Monday* :D

• Like 23

17 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Another name: red queen :lol:

EDIT: Big Claps to the actress...she is portraying her role really well. ;)

in red isn't she looks like heart queen in alice through the looking glass?? :P

another thing i love from tonight ep... the BGM getting better. that last scene when lady hae die.. the song really jjang..good-job-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you that based on the preview, Eun and Baek Ah seems to be upset. However, it seems to me that Wang So is asking to wang Wook if he likes Hae Soo. I guess, he will help Wang Wook because of that and bring Hae So to this little cottage. 

However, the time he will spend there with her will make him fall in love with her. That's my theory.

Queen Yoo wants to get rid of her because Hae So has become the attraction of the princes. Even Wang Jung is visiting her. Yeon Hwa is definitely jealous of Hae Soo for two reasons: Wang So and her brother.

Even Mr Old King could laugh and become gentle/ less stern when he interacted with Haesoo. Maybe in her twisted mind, the Evil Red SMS Queen thinks the King wants that pretty young girl become his concubine :crazy:

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, Niki Azia said:

ONE channel Wang Wook on the horse with HS

SBS channel Wang So on the horse with HS

i think they re-edit for Korea SBS version .. that why we seen two different version who's on the horse with HS

but .. i believe both of them on the horse with HS. mybe Wang Wook safe her 1st. then, Wang So safe later 

28 minutes ago, sharreb said:

I'm watching frm One HD too and the preview is shorter n diff from the one @Adnana shared. But it looks like what evyone is saying.. Both Wang So and Wang Wook will help her escape the arranged marriage. WW rode off with a decoy.. Maybe it will be the maid chae ryung? While real HS rode off with WS.

27 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

I thought It's gonna be so who take away Soo and riding a horse together. But It's Wook.. Am I seeing things? Did my eyes deceive me? I'm pretty sure it was So I saw in the trailer!

This is a plot twister.. Daebak! Uri wang-eun really do can help being a part from his love. 

It was Hae Soo I saw and a glimpse of Wook. And at the end I saw Wook's back. 

What the hell is this????

25 minutes ago, qwenli said:

watching this drama is interesting, because there seems to be differences in korean and overseas preview and some slight differences. very intriguing.

Seem every one sees this too. So it's not my imagination.

I think the one that with Wook 8th is the decoy (that big features can't be Soo). Or maybe it's So 4th that using pink hoodie? (Nah. that's impossible, that's just to random)

I think in the begining of the ep we will get the mourning scene -> Soo getting closer to Wook 8th and other princes -> Yeonwha gets jealous -> Soo arrange wedding -> the escape

• Like 14

2 different previews causing a stir with lot's of puzzled minds and we be like.... 

e96803088e9a122493ea854078f5e7d7.png

Spoiler

93c7e0673816cd2317bac88ddf0a165f.png

308d01cd3426a1372a5f86db5cb1a4b3.png

8th Prince or 4th Prince?? But I agree its a decoy or diversion tactic from both Prince and HS to escape an arrange marriage.

• Like 21

Is it Taeyeon's OST that was played in some parts of tonight's episode?

A little rant that may be OOT hence 

Spoiler

i hope the obsessed fans of Baekhyun won't add hate to what SHR has been getting in SK. They oftentimes make a big deal out of every Taeyeon-Baekhyun possible interaction.

i sometimes ask myself if i'm too old or what but i can't seem to understand the crazy obsession of some fans. i have been a fan of 2nd,3rd gen idol group myself, and still don't get these young fans.

Now that's out of the way...

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, junee22 said:

I wonder whose The Empress here.. @MadraRua ? Hehehe..lololol

I'm one of her concubines by the way :))

I've been promoted.... Wahhh Love it wet-kiss-smiley.gif Don't worry I'll share.. after  I have like ten babies outta him babies-smiley.gif

Thanks to all for the recaps, and pics. I'm still catching up. Can't wait to see that scene where she draws Wook a smiley face :D 

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you that based on the preview, Eun and Baek Ah seems to be upset. However, it seems to me that Wang So is asking to wang Wook if he likes Hae Soo. I guess, he will help Wang Wook because of that and bring Hae So to this little cottage.

However, the time he will spend there with her will make him fall in love with her. That's my theory.

Queen Yoo wants to get rid of her because Hae So has become the attraction of the princes. Even Wang Jung is visiting her. Yeon Hwa is definitely jealous of Hae Soo for two reasons: Wang So and her brother.

I must admit I didn't see this path to So falling in love with Soo coming. The angle opens a conflicted avenue because when So hides Soo away it is at least partially as a favor to his brother who, I'm guessing, will all but admit to So he loves her. If that's the case it's an extra tangled and painful web for So to fall in love with Soo because 1) he has been entrusted with her and 2) he starts the love race knowing he's the third wheel. I mean, for the narrative it is kind of brilliant because the story can play upon all of So's inferiority complexes and longings for closeness and love. Yet it is heartbreaking because, well, he's falling in love with a girl he knows is in love with someone else and not just any someone else but his universally respected brother. Talk about feeling like the ugly duckling!

This leaves me curious about everyone's mindset going into the plan of hiding Soo away. Is Wook doing it with the mindset he will never see her again, with the idea of letting go or rather burying his heart? Is Soo leaving with the mindset of loving Wook til the end or will she resolve to clear her feelings because of her cousin and her new circumstance? So involves himself in helping to protect Soo because he was asked? Because he saw she was in trouble? A little of both? The scene with the astronomer where he repeats Soo's declaration about so many stars in Goryeo indicates he is falling for her a little more each day, with or without her around. It's no small thing that he willingly trades what he has desired most for 15 years (living in the palace with his family) to hide Soo away; I wonder if he even understands the meaning behind his actions just yet.

Although expected, Lady Hae's death was incredibly sad. I won't praise her generosity of spirit because she tried to push Soo and Wook together but rather, I'll praise her spirit for its ability not to be burdened by bitterness. To navigate the heartbreak of watching the one you love fall in love with someone close to you with that much grace is special. It's a bit disturbing to me that she gave up on her life in a way by the end, I mean, she burned her own things the way one does for the dead! Sigh. She chose the happiest way for her to die and she wouldn't accept a lie even to make herself feel better at the end. That's strength.

Not enough So, not enough So, not enough So. Sigh, but it is understandable. This was tragedy's time to shine.

• Like 24

Today's ep is a bitter sweet one for me. Sweet because it's mainly about Wook and Soo. I love how he remember things that she loves and try to give her that happiness without being obvious (but obviously fail). I can feel his love for her, so great it makes me sad. He gravitates around her and easy to smile when she's around. Don't want to see her but seeing her is a necessity. One silly letter can make him forget his surrounding. It was obvious he's in love. Bitter because Madam Hae was a great lady and she really loves Wook eventhough she knows her name was never in his heart. Both Hae Soo and Wook feeling guilty because of her kindness. And guilty is a heavy burden. 

You know the words Hae Soo and Wook said at the lake is as good as a gobaek (love declaration) to each other? That's why Wook smiled a sad smile and Hae Soo felt helpless and guilty. 

I'm glad So is feeling things now towards Soo. From the happily gazing stars to looking not happy when Soo tried to give her letter but failed. There were not much interaction between the two of them this ep but from that little things we see in LJK's face we know how great that short meeting mean for So. They are friends now. 

The meeting with the king cracked me up but also making me worried. Wook's mother seems to realize Wook's feeling for Soo. Maybe his son was never smile like that before. The scene in the reading room where the princes met is also funny. It is fascinating that it was So who can interpreted Soo's 'modern' drawing.

I'm also glad So and Wook will team up to save Hae Soo. Both know they rather suffer than seeing Soo married another man. Maybe Wook's feeling greater than So for now but it won't be long. Maybe Soo still has feeling fo Wook too but I think she will know better by the end of ep 6 later that they can't be together and So who's there by her side is the one whom she turn to. If it reach to that point then we are going to see something interesting from Wook and So character. My Wook is going to finally come out from his sheep's clothes and be the real wicked wolf hahaha.

I can't hardly wait for the next ep.

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, Berou said:

i was looking forward to seeing the birthday party scene but it didn't air :mellow:, it seems like they cut it when the re-edited it.

Really?? T-T I was really looking forward to it too. Maybe... just maybe, it'll air next episode? Because next episode seems like the last time we'll see Hae Soo in Wook's household, or somewhere where they can hold the party. Once she enters the palace, she'd likely only be dressed in servant clothing, as opposed to the dress she wore for the party. It seemed like it'd be such a good scene! I was even hoping that IU would actually sing during it so that the princes could be mesmerized by her. If the female lead is a top idol singer, the directors might as well make use of her talent.

• Like 14