Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

8 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@pwnkl The ratings here refer to Korean household ratings, nothing to do with international and online (pirated) ratings.

@Yippeuni Thanks for bringing all the comments here. 

--------------

the ratings is dismay again, and so I dont care about it anymore. It looks like it is on track to be a cult favourite, the people who like it really love it and the people who dun can go watch the candy floss show on the other channel. Ours is a dark chocolate, full of flavour and lingering aroma.

-------------

I wanted to read everyone's comments, but wow, the thread moved about 10 pages after I woke up, will back read during lunch time.

@qwenli I can't agree more :) we love dark chocolate than cotton candy... 

• Like 17

guys don't care ratings...at same time spot at same days in a two rival channel there is a two historical drama and actually this kind of rivalry always brings one side playing dirty and try to drop other drama ratings by negative articles. A lot of people also think this "bad acting" article was unnecessary and unrealistic, ıt happened at 1st ep!.. everyone knows there was no real public reaction behind it... you write "public reacted to this and that artist acting skills and suddenly public really react after reading that! they show their reaction with losing their interest!.. I saw this so many times. After the news Scarlet Heart ratings dropped and Lovers in the moonlight ratings increased! 

but again I always say  5-6-7-9%... this are not really bad ratings! ıf you are old drama lover, you also have to know most of the very popular korean drama took bad ratings at korea. for ex now a teenage drama Cinderella and four Knights is in everywhere...people keep talking about it but ıts ratings are 2-3%...Pinoccho was very popular drama for i-fans..ıts rating was 5-6%...Healer was very popular drama..ıts ratings was again 5-6%...there is so many like this...

so don't be sad, just watch and have fun. 

• Like 20

Just watched the preview for Ep 5 with subs and I feel like it's gonna be such a sad episode. The part that caught my attention the most was this.

27%20copy_zpscg2bs6m7.jpg

24%20copy_zpsujzg7ypu.jpg

28%20copy_zpsqpbvwvea.jpg

When Wook refers to him he is talking about So right? Why does So need taking care of?! My gosh what is happening. But just Hae Soo and Wook both teary eyed has me very nervous for what is about to happen next.

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@kiklaminHo Chingu, just want to give you some peace of mind and assure you there are actually a lot of Kang Ha Neul fans that are a part of our community. You might have just popped onto the thread during a time when some of our chingu were just expressing disappointment in the character, Wang Wook...or were just deeply appreciating Wangso's character.

Might I also add that we sail a few ships here on this thread, and one is definitely for Wang Wook and Haesoo.  So please get comfortable and know you are not alone in your admiration of the very handsome and talented Kang Ha Neul, aka 8th prince. :wub:

My friend, truth is I dont follow closely the thread and generally soompi anymore . I used to be a regular the old days...lol...

You are right on this. I read some posts from chingus that were unfamiliar to KHN and I wanted to introduce him.

On the other hand as much as I like him as an actor ,in the Moon Lovers series I want my WS/HS ship to sail.I hope I did not mix up the initials .In other words Junki/IU.

I am glad that we have strong performances to enjoy and I hope the story will be interesting until the end.

I did not know the drama had a C -version before. I will wait for the K version to finish and might I watch it later.

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, meahri_1 said:

@akinahana89 Chingu, when you get a chance, revisit Ep1 when Chae Ryung and Haesoo were walking around 8's residence. Chae Ryung was trying to remind her of the things she liked to do. In that conversation, I think you'll learn what you want to know. CR actually suggests that Haesoo is lying about not remembering, and wonders whether this is perhaps about a rendezvous with someone from another household or that Haesoo has a lot of debt. Mind you, Chae Ryung has been with Haesoo for a long time, and it sounds like she's been hiding a lot about herself from everyone.

Knowing this, my theory is that Haesoo was indeed there to spy on the princes. :lol:

LOL! The thought had crossed my mind too, but when Ha Jin asked her, "is Hae Soo really this kind of girl?" Chae Ryung says, "well, she's actually not that bad." So I thought maybe she wasn't that naughty enough to go spying on the princes.

• Like 13

The power of Hae Soo: 1. Can make a wounded heart always mistaken as a villain man smile and do aegyo. 2. Can maka a totally calm respectful always hide behind his smile guy cry and take off his mask once in a while. 3. Can make a boyish men suddenly want to grow up and be a handsome men to adore.

One thing I regret about this ep is not enough YoYo scene. There's no scene of them alone together even. Me as a member of YoYo club is kind of sad. 

• Like 17

@skxz The line of "take care of him for me" is in Hae Soo's cousin's voice. Along with the previous line of "Please accept Soo as the prince's second wife," it seems that she's asking Soo to take care of Wook once she's gone. Wook's line is more like "It's all my fault, so don't beat yourself up about it." This is probably about 13th prince getting mad at them because Wook wrote a letter for Soo confessing his feelings? At least that's the speculation in DC.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, skxz said:

Just watched the preview for Ep 5 with subs and I feel like it's gonna be such a sad episode. The part that caught my attention the most was this:

Hide contents

When Wook refers to him he is talking about So right? Why does So need taking care of?! My gosh what is happening. But just Hae Soo and Wook both teary eyed has me very nervous for what is about to happen next.

No. I believe it was Madam Hae who said that to Hae Soo. She wants Hae Soo to take care of Wook after she died. In that scene, Wook only say sorry because Soo get to be blame by Baek Ah for having an affair behind her cousin's back. Wook thought he should have restrain himself more (yeah right. Might as well become a monk then). Oh My God. I keep playing the preview because of KHN's voice when he said sorry. So smexy...

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

One thing I regret about this ep is not enough YoYo scene. There's no scene of them alone together even. Me as a member of YoYo club is kind of sad.

yes, we need more YoYoo scene!!!!

1 minute ago, solelylurking said:

KHN's voice when he said sorry. So smexy...

i agree. second lead syndrome is so strong for me. god, i love WW's character so much!

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

LOL! The thought had crossed my mind too, but when Ha Jin asked her, "is Hae Soo really this kind of girl?" Chae Ryung says, "well, she's actually not that bad." So I thought maybe she wasn't that naughty enough to go spying on the princes.

LOL. It actually could be that there was a prince in particular that she wanted to spy on. Just little things that have been said by 8 made me wonder whether the original Haesoo had had a crush on 8 that he was already aware of. I'm probably reading too much into some of the commentary. Still...I wholeheartedly believe she went to the bathhouse intentionally. If not to spy, then perhaps to meet someone?? ;)

• Like 12

Last week the release of 3 episodes was both a blessing and a curse. The character development in the initial 3 episodes left all of us wanting more and having to wait a whole week was just pure torture. Episode 4 was purely amazing with further character development as well as relationship developments. I shall share with you guys my favourite scenes. (I’m sorry if it just ends up being the whole episode)

Ep 4 opened up with So visiting his mother in her chambers completely covered in blood.

Spoiler

2%20copy%202_zpskkqgmhgm.jpg

Although all he had done for her she still told him “You are not my son. Get lost.” That part literally broke my heart. How can a mother treat 2 of her children with so much love and adoration and another one of her children with utter hatred and distaste?! What is wrong with this lady ma gosh?! And even if you disowned him as your son cause of his face you’re the one that slashed him across his face when he was just a baby. 

My god Queen Yoo is a real piece of work.

Spoiler

4%20copy%202_zpswsipv6rc.jpg

For someone who has only known hatred from the people closes to him, So being cold to his brothers as well as always talking about killing is understandable. He acts vicious like an animal cause that’s how he’s been treated. 

LJK’s outpour of emotion to his mother’s word literally made me sob. It was a terribly heartbreaking scene but nonetheless an intense start the 4th episode.

When Hae Soo goes to see if he’s okay and he tells her he has killed people and her reaction was not what he expected.

Spoiler

5%20copy%202_zpsic33jc03.jpg
6%20copy%202_zpspu6edlmm.jpg

Hae Soo talks about how she understands why So kills people. It is because he wants to live and this demonstrates a parallel between the 2 as Hae Soo talked about wanting to live in Ep 3.

And how LJK looks amazing while crying is beyond me.

Spoiler

12%20copy%202_zpstanojvb0.jpg

Absolutely loved the first 10 minutes of this Ep.

The beating scene which we saw in the previews was definitely a highlight of the episode. You can definitely see Yeon Hwa’s distaste towards Hae Soo. When Chae Ryung was getting beaten she was only watching and one of her maids was beating her.

Spoiler

7%20copy%202_zps9nguknwq.jpg

But when Hae Soo offered herself in place of Chae Ryung Yeon Hwa immediately grabbed the cane. That smirk tho.

Spoiler

8%20copy%202_zpsbjpva8fl.jpg

The exasperation and shock on her face when So stops her and states that Hae Soo is his. I feel that Yeon Hwa feels threatened by Hae Soo in the fact that she’s getting all this attention from the princes and this could ruin her chances from standing on top. I mean who wouldn't be she is the princess and of higher ranking than Hae Soo and no one took her side. Idk just some food for thought.

Spoiler

11%20copy%202_zpsqjolt3qx.jpg

Notice Baek Ah running into save Hae Soo with So. Is this a subtle hint that their relationship is strengthening and they’re forming an alliance?

Spoiler

10%20copy%202_zpsynbmbo6w.jpg

Another interesting thing was Chae Ryung looking sadly at Wang Won (9th Prince) and him just looking away. 

Spoiler

Prior to Hae Soo getting whipped he states "I think that servant has been beaten enough." Is he protecting her? I'm pretty sure they will eventually have a relationship so is this a subtle hint that it's happening? This is rather interesting cause we don't know much about Won yet except for the fact he's always following Yo around.

14%20copy%202_zpsez5elnez.jpg
13%20copy%202_zpsrcscof6d.jpg

This was by far my favourite scene where Hae Soo hugs Wang Jung and just look at those reactions from So and Wook. Priceless.

Spoiler

18%20copy%202_zpsytcyhr5z.jpg
17%20copy%202_zpsnmjvqpwj.jpg

This was just OMG. I wanted them to kiss. I knew they weren’t gonna kiss but I thought they were gonna kiss. Wook was so going for it but Hae Soo was like nope.

Spoiler

16%20copy%202_zpskkkdxbo5.jpg
15%20copy%202_zpsdpx60msr.jpg

We start to see the confusion and turmoil that is building up within Wook. He knows his wife is sick and that he should take care of her and love her but he has fallen for Hae Soo. The sadness and worry in his eyes was just unreal. KHN you are just amazing. KHN jjang!!

So being allowed to stay was the biggest YESSSSSSSSS moment for me.

Spoiler

21%20copy%202_zpssrnh83ct.jpg

The final scene with Hae Soo and So sitting and just talking was beautiful. The use of BGM and the cinematography was just so on point. And when the snow fell I just melted (dat irony). The way he looks at her is just adorable.

Spoiler

22%20copy%202_zpsior8scyc.jpg
23%20copy%202_zpspfyrkq4j.jpg

Honestly I’m still stuck on who I am shipping. The development of Hae Soo and So’s relationship in this episodes was amazing and I loved every second of it. But KHN’s acting is just OMG. You can really tell Wook has fallen for Hae Soo but he is caught between loving his sick wife who is nearing death and his wife’s cousin. Right now I think I’m even more confused than Wook is. It’d be funny if by the end of the drama I still don’t know who I ship man that will bother me for centuries.

All in all I loved this episode it was a great job, very well put together. Keen for Ep 5! Hell yea!!

Sorry this post is long just wanted to document and share me thoughts. I have yet to catch up on everyones post but I shall do that now. And thank you to all that kept the forum updated last night I’m so glad I found you guys! Love my MLSHR family <3

• Like 21

54 minutes ago, qwenli said:

the thread moved about 10 pages after I woke up,

indeed...look at how this drama thread progress in just 4 episodes....so forget ratings just enjoy the crowd in this drama...so far this is the most interesting  saegeuk for me...refer to myself who never enjoy watching one before....

I haven't watch the sub but from all the recaps I've read I can imagine how sad Wang Soo was last night...ugh that crazy eomma..I cannot stop my self from cursing her. WHY SHE HATE WANG SOO SO MUCH WHILE SHE CAN LOVE THE OTHER TWO SO DEARLY......

• Like 15

Not sure if someone posted about this but hey I really wouldnt mind if this happened.

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

The power of Hae Soo: 1. Can make a wounded heart always mistaken as a villain man smile and do aegyo. 2. Can maka a totally calm respectful always hide behind his smile guy cry and take off his mask once in a while. 3. Can make a boyish men suddenly want to grow up and be a handsome men to adore.

Just think about it as Queen Mom skipping her bath so no YoYo scene.

• Like 11

CroBdHEXYAEE600.jpg

c as labeled 

======================

• Like 21

55 minutes ago, lostmymusic said:

The beating scene..wish WW reacted better. He was too slow.

I was less annoyed with Wook about his slow reaction than I was with his deliberate psychological undercutting of So, a thing that completely bewildered and hurt So because he defused the situation yet here he was being kicked yet again. Wook's phrasing was chosen for maximum damage to both discourage So and remind him of his place, which is nowhere. It had no root except in jealousy and (self-directed) anger unlike his slow reaction that was bound up in a lot of hierarchical stuff.

I compare it to the scene where we met the flower princes for the first time. 3rd Prince (one day I'll remember his name and that's the day he'll die, lol) was about to hit a servant for spilling wine on him but Wook *immediately* halts/distracts his brother and the servant is given a reprieve. It was nothing for Wook to instantly interfere because there was a clear-cut way to handle it without having the higher rank/his brother lose face to the lower rank/the servant. This is not the case between Soo and Wook's sister (I will learn her name, someday). Not disciplining a servant could be seen as magnanimous but with his sister, Wook would be undercutting her authority and social ranking for a social "inferior". This leaves Wook caught between upholding social/cultural norms and the right thing because choosing Soo in this instance runs a bit deeper than the matter of his feelings. Soo is someone who 1) is righteous enough to take a beating in place of her servant and 2) is under his household's protection. No wonder the perfect Prince who everyone thinks should be the Crown Prince freezes, his actions stuttered. He instinctively moves forward but deliberately stops himself and it takes a couple of strikes before he makes a serious move to stop it. This isn't the only time he's been slow to react when Soo has tangled with a social "better" - there was also her fight with Eun. The fight was already in session by the time he arrived and everyone watching was amused or surprised but also knew her fate was sealed the moment she laid hands on a Prince. Only So bothered to stop her as soon as he saw the situation because it was better to do something than nothing. We're likely to repeat this theme throughout the drama: Wook's inaction versus So's action which will likely lead to a situation where Wook overreacts to compensate.

Now for So, who arrives later than everyone else, the decision is easier because he's been set outside of society for all his life. He quickly assesses the situation, understands the costs of stopping Wook's sister and still chooses to do so. Why? Probably partially because societal/cultural norms have done him few favors in his life. Protecting the Princess's pride is not (should not be) worth more than protecting a person from being beaten over a mistake/misunderstanding. So doesn't completely throw away the norms because he does explicitly apologize to the Princess afterwards. The other reason to stop it is he's growing to like this strange Soo girl and while it's not at the depth of Wook yet, it is enough for him to put himself out there.

I'm not sure how much Wook stood to "lose" if he had stepped in sooner and really, he could have stopped it before it all began because nearly all the Princes were there long before Soo exchanged herself for her servant. On the surface, it doesn't seem as if So loses too much because he's already on the outs but Wook's sister is one of the very few people who seem genuinely on his side. Disrespecting her could cost him a rare ally and friend (?), so he might have less face to lose but more to lose personally. My take on the dynamics of the situation as I await the next episode.

• Like 24

I'm sorry about my post before..I was backread the pages and i clicked like(coz I like all your comments chingus) but then my connection acted up and I don't know what to do..so I just click submit reply..my bad..I'm very sorry for this :( ..oh well, I watched half ep 4 with eng subs..and I know now what our frinds here mean with WS is so cute..hihihi..but yes..there are also too many close ups faces and that kinda bothering me (I don't mind seeing LJKs face anyway :D)..

• Like 14