Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

On 3/2/2018 at 10:51 AM, pixelsticks said:

She hands him the diary written by Hae Soo….in hangul. <<<which we never see again. Oh how I wanted that to be the way So figures out about her....meets up with her...>>> 

But he figured it out at the end... and tey meet for sure... it's only that we didn´t see it :tears:

JiMong tells her to give up on So and to not marry him. Soo says “I don’t want to.”  Image result for i don't' want toShe HAS BEEN waiting for so long…We HAVE waited for so long…gosh darnit MLSHRmouse girl 21 DON’T DO THIS….

We have waited and waited and got nothing. But what JM said sounds true and very similar to YH's words

12:19 DATE TIME!!!!!!!!! Image result for best date<<<time to relish in the last bits of joy left viewers!!!!>>>> We’ve got romantic lantern light, long So hair, boom chicka boom music.  They reminisce about how she first saw him run around, they finger play, they walk around, they hold hands, they play with masks, they pray. He grabs her from behind and gives her a kiss on the cheek. cute-rabbit-emoticon-10.gif?1301940529 <<<oh my heart>>>

Why don´t we have more of this??? WHYYYYYYYYYY?

<<<THIS THIS THIS…was SUPPOSED to be the Image result for best thing ever memeBEST THING EVER…but its all TEARS and PAIN and not right. It’s just like the first proposal time…frickin bad timing>>> QUESTION:  HOW MANY TIMES DID SO ACTUALLY OFFER MARRIAGE TO SOO??? Like at least 4 - 5?   Soo, with tears in her eyes, refuses him. piece-of-cake-smiley-05.gif?1301944212 He is surprised. He doesn’t want to give up on her.  She says she won’t either. She tells him being Queen doesn’t suit her, but she will still stay with him and that she will be alright. <<<I love how she touched him on his face….tears>>> He tells her that he needs her and she cannot leave him.  And they hug <<<WHY Image result for whyDIDN’T THEY FREAKING KISS HERE???? Give me a bone>>> Image result for bamfGwangjong tells her that she is his only Queen in his eyes. <<<more tearscrying1 onion head>>>

I can´t say a thing... it all hurts so much :bawling:

20:20 <<<oh how ironic>>> Image result for bamf Gwangjong is in his chambers, unveiling his new bride. <<<it is actually kinda hot…these 2 actors do have some chemistry>>> 

Great chemistry... that worried me a lot!!! but i won´t mind watching them together in a new project

33:50 So tries to feed his mother broth but she refuses. She has refused his help for 5 days now.  Related imageAnd all she mutters is Jung. So cannot believe what he is hearing. “I have become King and I am protecting you.”  <<<so why don’t you give him a break MOM!!!>>>  We see this is So’s final payback….to make it that So is all she sees…and that he will spread lies about how much they treasured each other. It’s his revenge!!!Image result for revenge is sweet or is it It’s too much for Yoo….and she dies.  Her death  awakens So’s pain.  And he desperately holds her and loses it. <<<OK…she didn’t deserve the DEATH SONG- that’s for amazing people only>>>

She didn´t give him a break because she's evil!!! she has no feelings. and she doesn´t deserves the death song

42:45 piece-of-cake-smiley-14.gif?1301944213Soo visits the Damiwon looking for Chae Ryung. WooHee shows her that Chae Ryung is being tortured and the King has ordered the Court Ladies watch. <<<is this really Gwangjong? Image result for disgustingHis anger is palpable>>> Soo looks ready to fall apart.  She faints. And we get the flashback of their friendship <<<to remind us to actually care about this…even though CR HAS been a SUPER SNAKE>>>

I think it's the normal punishement in those times for her crimes. and she es a SUPER SNAKE indeed. to me the worsh character in the drama

•  <<<you would think that with ALL this news…that is pretty damning?  That she would not be as mad at him…BUT>>>  Soo say’s CR's only crime was being born a slave…uh what?  Is she saying that CR had no choice in the matter?  <<<So she should be absolved of the NUMEROUS crimes she actively participated in? Because she was in love??? Image result for bad reasoning>>>

That's madness. I think the writers run out of ideas to justify Soo hatred for So...

•  BA tells him to take it easy. So doesn’t want to.  <<<I wish BA was a stronger brother at times…instead of such a sweet Image result for cinnamon rollone>>>

Me too..

56:35 Soo is frozen<<<her normal reactive state>>>Related image at the Damiwon, holding So’s flower pick.

:lol: you are so right!

Overview:  This Episode hurt and confused me so much the first time it aired. WHO were all these characters?  WHERE did their reason go? WHY is everyone good giving up??I remember yelling at the TV numerous times. I remember thinking…this is NOT going to end well.  But my hopeful side kept saying… maybe?!?!?! …they are just gonna torture us a bit more...but bring it right around...right??? <<<wishful thinking>>>  I didn’t like So and his decline to the dark side. I didn’t like Soo and her decline from being aware of what’s going on and not fully supporting So when he needed it. I didn't like the weak BA. It was a tough episode.

I still yell at this episode!!

On 3/4/2018 at 12:24 PM, pixelsticks said:

This made me think of the line Soo uses....I protected what I wanted to protect. She didn't want to protect a nation (although I guess you can kinda say she did when she encouraged So to be a better man/King). But she didn't want to protect it by being a Queen and taking charge in her own way. Then again, she was constantly reminded NOT to interfere or change history. She protected Seol and I believe she felt she protected So as well...in her own way.  One wonders if that spunky 21st Century Soo arrived right before the coronation, would she have fought to support So and become Queen. 

Sorry, i can't agree. maybe she protected Seol but i don´t think she protected So. In the end even she realized that she abandoned So. And she was willing to change history so So won´t be seen as a bloody monarch so, so it doesn´t matter how many times she was reminded not to interfere

Hahaha.... probably just like poor JG in real life. 

So true!!!

Are you advocating that he was to still hide his affection towards Soo? Play pretend in public? 

Well they wouldn´t use Soo against So. to be honest i don´t know what is better or not. I just wanted them to be happy and didn´t get what i want. i'm just a wounded puppy myself

I think she was trying to stay. Even though it went against her initial wishes. I do believe she was trying to make it be OK. But they both stopped clicking, listening and understanding each other. 

She didn´t try so hard me thinks

OK I'm having some troubles quoting, so my next coments will be about your episode 19 Emoji Review @pixelsticks

she is a STUPID GIRL>>> So doesn't want to be treated this way due to Chae Ryung. Soo is NOT BUDGING and believes CR was loyal to her. So Gwangjong asks, "Now what?  You're going to trust her over me? 

We already know the answer and it's pure nonsense. i'm really angry at Soo in this episode

10:30 SO... it's DAMIWON BATH TIME!!  Time to bond before dying....<<<damn this show>>> BA brushes WooHee's hair. They promise love & marriage. Ya right.Image result for ya right <<<nobody gets both in this show>>> 

This makes me feel nothing.. well maybe that it's a waste of screen time. i don't care about them as a couple

16:00 BA sees WooHeepiece-of-cake-smiley-09.gif?1301944213 on the top of the palace wall. Her people are about to storm the castle. BA runs to stop her.  But here comes the DEATH SONG. Because she jumps from the wall and kills herself. Image result for wtf Soo, So & BA are shocked. <<<someone explain to me this whole storyline, but whatever...I am crying....>>> 

I don´t understand this story line and i don´t care about it. i'm not even crying anymore...

19:45 Soo joins BA outside and they chat about WooHee. BA says he was too selfish. Soo says that WooHee was the bad one.  Image result for wtf<<<how can she say that but not to Chae Ryung???>>> 

Because she's a stupid girl, don´t you remember?

Spoiler

BA is convinced that So knew about WooHee and this is his fault. So tries to tell BA that it was all to protect him. But BA cannot deal. Image result for cannot deal"It's hard being by your side, your majesty."  <<<-----------THIS is WHAT EVERYONE SAYS TO SO.......BEFORE THEY ABANDON HIM. 

<<<BREAK TIME.....RANT TIME....Image result for rantOMFG MLSHR.....WHAT THE HELL....THIS IS SO PAINFUL!!!!  EVERYONE IS LEAVING/DYING/LOSING/HURTING.  THE LEAD IS SUPPOSED TO GET RESOLUTION.  NOT LIKE THIS. EVERYTHING IS GOING WRONG FOR THE LEAD. EVERYTHING....EVERYTHING.  I think I cried more this Episode than I did other episodes because it was JUST WRONG.  Everything is going wrong for So even though he is trying his best to be the fair King. BA & Soo are going to leave. Jung will not step up and support. Wook & Won are just evil little shits. JiMong is just playing along. Yeon Hwa is the only one happy at this point. BLAH!!!!!!! 

everything you said...

24:20 So visits Related imageYeon Hwa...to make a Crown Prince...I presume. <<<at this point, I was hoping that maybe So could be happy with Yeon Hwa, since I was miffed with Soo & BA.>>> 

Totally understand you, but at this pount i was hoping i could time travel, so So could be happy with me! 

32:15 Wook is back in his library. <<man most of his scenes were filmed in there Episode 11 onward>>> You can see he is a prisoner.  Image result for snake jailBut you're alive...dork! 

And he married and had a girl and left the palace to say his farewell to Soo...

So says its fake. So is about to exile Jung when Jung tells him that Hae Soo wants to marry him.  

i thought he was about to execute him. lol

46:00 Wook visits his sister and So in the throne room. Related imageWook asks Yeon Hwa to leave. Yeon Hwa asks So to listen to him. Wook confesses his love affair with Hae Soo. This is the NAIL in the coffin....who are you calling NAIL Image result for queen bitchYeon Hwa?  

i said it before. YH only tells the truth when it suits her...

<<<OK  BREAK TIME....DEEP BREATH....I just cannot.  NO.  This is the straw that will end this all for me....I think I went through one whole box of Kleenex already this episode. WTH.  This just made my chest hurt SO bad. It still does. What can become of this??? How can anything be good after this??? Why did I spend 19 Episodes to watch THIS???>>> 

Not only once... i lose counting how many times did i spend watching this!!!

<<<BREAK TIME....DEEP BREATH...OK JUST CRY....OK I am back....barely....I just have to say that LJG kills it with the emotion and crying.  He IS the death of me when he angsty acts. He just rips my heart out.  Everytime. Even IU was devastating here. I was so sad I couldn't even throw pillows at the TV.  I just couldn't. I was devastated. I am devastated. The Love Line I wanted to succeed is permanently severed. And it hurts. Like a MOFO. Especially because of the music. And Soo's stupid ill-timed choices. Is it really the LAST time they will see each other???? Maybe Yeon Hwa will be the new true love?  I'm grasping at straws here...>>> 

everything you said and more.. i think i will never recover from this breakup

Wook even shows up.  <<<man...Gwangjong allows his brothers to hang out at the palace even when exiled.  He has the patience of a Saint.>>>  

i really don't understand, where are the soldiers who were guarding his door?

55:00 Wook arrives.  <<<my stomach hurts. I don't want or need this>>> Image result for jungle book snakeWook wishes her well with Jung. <<<Hey Snake, if you would have really loved her, you wouldn't have destroyed her happiness for the last decade>>> "I think you might understand me."  What is it with these Wang boys thinking that Soo will get them? Image result for understand me They hug.  <<<but this just hurts more. Where the HELL is Gwangjong? Related imageShow up!! Stop it all? But part of me is done with her...and part of me wants her to GET THE HELL OUT>>> 

I am done with her... seriously

On 3/8/2018 at 1:42 PM, maui-chan said:

Hello,

I wanted to apologize for not jumoing in as I hoped to give my reactions to re-watching the episodes. I have been trying to finish writing the season 2 fanfic, and it has taken more time out of my week than I expected. We are up to chapter 20 now! yay!. There are so many worldwide fans still missing MLSHR. I have been so surprised by how many different countries read the fanfic. Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading the season 2 fanfic, it's called Heart of Goryeo, and this is my blog: https://heartofgoryeo.blogspot.com/

Have to read! i already read some of your fanfic and love it. 

Some of my friends and I wrote a fan collaboration defending MLSHR. We submitted it to the open thread at dramabeans. Sadly, after all our work it did not get published. I still feel strongly about MLSHR and the storyline, the quality of the production and the cast. 

we know that dramabeans doesn´t like and support MLSHR so it's not a big surprise....

I enjoy reading your recaps of the re-watches, I come here to read when I need inspiration or just a good laugh to remember MLSHR.  @Pixelsticks you have a gift for writing, you always make me laugh.   @Antoniaclamens also enjoy your comments on the re-watches. @Bluelilac1214 ditto, love to read your recaps.

Thank you for your kind words! we do this out of love for the drama (and i love everything about the drama, even the things i say i hate. lol)

In Defense of Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

By @Pei, @Anne, @Persian, @Maui (fan collaboration)

Over a year ago Moonlover’s Scarlet Heart Ryeo (MLSHR) aired to disappointing ratings at home.  Worldwide it garnered attention including 2.5 billion watches on China’s Youku.  Setting the drama on dual platforms. Success abroad but low ratings at home.

Thank you for sharing it here! It was beautiful! 

As fans we appreciate the good, the bad and the ugly.  Feeling grateful for the details and quality.  It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but MLSHR universe found a solid place in many fans hearts. Making it the standard by which they judge other sageuk.

Its real characters continue to haunt us and the yet unexplored storylines. The endless possibilities for the story. These thoughts leave us with no real closure.   

In fact MLSHR became the standard to judge every drama, every leading man, everything... it kind of spoiled my kdrama experience, cause everything pales in comparision

On 3/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, pixelsticks said:

Hey...I was the same way.  You should have heard how many times I sighed before doing it. I really haven't watched Episode 19 more than 3 times.  It just HURTS SO BAD!!!  It is the Episode where everyone abandons Gwangjong. 

So true...

On 3/9/2018 at 11:01 AM, pixelsticks said:

You need to read my re(take).  I felt that So was so forgiving in terms of his brothers and their sentences.

Yes, because deep down he's not evil. he can do bad things, but only when he thinks they are unavoidable..

On 3/9/2018 at 12:22 PM, glassnokamen said:

Saddest news...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

But he figured it out at the end... and tey meet for sure... it's only that we didn´t see it :tears:

Hankie Hankie Hankie Hankie Panky PD Nim!  Sitting on that footage!!  Driving us all bonkers....

Because she's a stupid girl, don´t you remember?

Hahahahehehehehahahahehehehe I'm hoping I'll love Ha Jae Yi...and that SHE isn't stupid. 

Totally understand you, but at this pount i was hoping i could time travel, so So could be happy with me! 

OK... I support that OTP as well!!

MLSHR Reactions Around the World

• Like 3

I'm extremely late, but here it is:

FANGIRLING Observations (which might be inappropriate for this thread),  RANTINGS and definitely-not-a-review-thingy of MLSHR – Episode 17

I apologize in advance for the monstrosity below. I really am sorry. :ph34r:

On 2/24/2018 at 4:18 AM, pixelsticks said:
  • 0:00 Rehash of why So has decided he wants to be King. He wants to do good!

And So asks whether Soo doesn’t like him becoming the king, as always he wants to know her thoughts. She too tells the truth; she does not like that idea. As soon as he hears it, his lips turn downwards subtly. :( “However, I dislike being apart from you even more” she continues. Finally she is being open about her feelings; she can compromise too – being with him is more important for her.

• Soo tells him she knows he will be king, but warns him against hurting his brothers.  <<does she ever listen to herself??>>>

Maybe she is trying to save him from going through the heartbreak if he had to kill his brothers. Everything she has seen in her visions have come true so far and So is known as a bloody king who killed his brothers in history; at least according to her distorted memory. She knows how much he loves his brothers, so she might be trying to protect So as wells his brothers.

And So too promises her without any hesitation; and with his beautiful smile too and covers both of her hands with his so lovingly. They are in this together and they will stay together and face all the problems together as a unit too, right?taichi crazy rabbit

• 2:00 The Soldiers lock the doors because Prince Wang So is marching towards the Palace.  A very sickly Yo <<<btw…how did they not notice Soo was gone when he got sick while she was away>> tells Soo that she has been the cause of all his troubles.

Maybe Yo was so out of his mind that he didn’t notice that she was gone. And for how many days and nights was she away – just one, right? Maybe they said that she was sick during that time?

Question: Yo reigned for 4 years and sent So away when he became king. So came back to Songak after two years, right? And patched up with Soo. Therefore, between the night they spent after So got injured to when he become the king there was at least 1.5 to 1 year’s time, isn’t it? So how many times did Soo sneak out of the palace to meet So during this time? confused onion head I’m sure she did because, come on, do you think that So would be that patient and not dying to be with her after they have “blown out the candle” once or many timespanda 29

Just as snake Wook blames everyone else – ladies particularly, if we think about it – for his evil deeds, Yo does the same too. Yo blames Soo for killing his family, as if he hadn’t planned it all along. Even before the rain ritual he tried to kill Moo – remember the exorcism rite? That was way before Soo started to “interfere”. Coward! get out crazy rabbit

• 4:00 Evil Queen Mother Yoo tries to get Yo to abdicate the throne to Jung by forcing his hand.  Yo sees that she is sacrificing him. And can now understand how So feels. He orders her to be taken away. 

But it is not like this is the first time Yo realized his mother’s true nature, isn’t it? As long as she supported him, he doesn’t care about her love either.  All Yoo cares about is to make Jung the king; and stop So from becoming the king. <_<

• 6:30 Queen Hwangbo & Yeon Hwa talk about choices.  Yeon Hwa wants the whole world. So they plan to throw Wook away.  

It is not about survival anymore; it is more about greed. There is so much greed in both of their faces. And their evil smiles! <_<

• <<<Main Lesson of MLSHR – want something Grand – gotta throw away something even Grander >>>

… and lose everyone you consider precious. You would get the materialistic things you wanted but lose your happiness and inner peace! depressed1 onion head

• 7:50 A long-haired BA <<< in soldier gear as well…hubba hubba>>>, So and The General are outside the Palace…ready to storm it!  <<<I was SO ready for some BIG BATTLES, FIGHTS…here we go….>>>

BUT

• 8:00 Yeon Hwa  has to OPEN THE DOORS and let WANG SO in!!

And earns some brownie points; or at least put So in a tough position. I hate her but I have to admit that she is clever. Too clever.<_<

• <<<damn girl is getting what she wants-aarrgghh. 

And she does get everything she wants – except So’s love. That is the only consolation I have.

• I want some MORE BATTLES!!!  ACTION!!! SWORD FIGHTS!! And you OUT OF THE WAY!!! Ugh! >>> 

I want the same too, Pixel. And I wanted the highlighted part the most. Why does she have to exist???? calm down crazy rabbit

• 8:54 Yo keeps talking with Soo.  He is a broken man, in pain and dying. <<<why isn’t anybody else with him besides Soo?>>> He asks her who he should pick to be the King.  

Maybe Yo is keeping Soo with him because she is the senior court lady; and also because he does not trust anyone else.

He does not stop blaming her and now he wants her to choose who the king should be as the “punishment” for interfering! Coward! <_<

• He starts to write and hands her the parchment. She doesn’t want it. And his heart fails. 

And something is wrong with her heart too – she keeps on clutching her chest. Did she never think of checking the condition with the doctor? *Blue sighs*

• 12:00 So enters, he finds Soo, dead Yo and the note.  He asks if she has read it…and then tears up the decree.  <<<THIS SHOCKED ME >>> Yoo & JiMong arrive. Soo gets the ball rolling by saying “Manse Manse ma manse” to So.  So tells his mommy that Yo gave him the throne.

First of all, So looks so hot in this scene! :w00t: His voice is so clear and full of determination when he says that Yo abdicated the throne to him.hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615 The look in his eyes!!! :wub: It is Soo who first recognizes/ acknowledges  So as the king. With Moo it was snake Wook and for Yo it was So. And for So, it is the love of his life! love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

• <<<my OTP…being kinda deceitful???>>>

Because they do not have a better option? Everything is for the greater good. Besides, they are a team – they have to support each other! info onion head

• 14:45 KING SO---or I guess it’s KING Image result for BAMFGWANGJONG!! He enters the throne room with that beaded hat. 

YESSSS! BAMF Gwangjong is here!! yesss crazy rabbit He comes in with a very serious expression. Only BA is truly happy that his brother has become the king. YH shows her dimples too. But where is snake Wook?

• Jung looks pissed. <<<OMG DUDE…seriously…get a brain>>> 

Well, he is an idiot. Further, now he cannot openly blame So for every single thing, can he? Then again, he would and get away with it too since everyone thinks that he is cute. crazy monkey 078

• 16:00 Soo sees him for the first time in his robes, and knows that he will be remembered as a good King and says she will help him

Soo looks absolutely beautiful! :wub: She does not look like a court lady either. And BAMF JG GJ looks magnificent in his black robes – the most beautiful king ever! The moment he sees her, his eyes soften; his whole face softens and he smiles so lovingly!admire2 onion head

• <<<OK…so this SOUNDS like it will end happy…doesn’t it?????>>>

So is the most powerful person in Goryeo. So and Soo are together and in love. What could possibly go wrong? Everything is perfect, right? Right?

• 16:33 Wookie is sulking since his mother and sister have abandoned his quest.  Their goal is to get Yeon Hwa  to be the queen. <<<dog crap>>>

Snake Wook is having a pity party in the dark. YH knows how cunning her brother is, so asks him to help her become the queen. She says that she would become queen and “repay for that pain you are going through”. How? Snake Wook said he is doing everything for his family and Soo. Is YH going to make Soo come back to snake Wook? Or is she going to separate So and Soo? But that is impossible, right? They are the best friends who excel at honest communication, right? She also says that she will share his burden. What burden?

• QUESTION: Why doesn’t So send Wook off as well? Is it better to keep your enemies close by?

Probably. Maybe he did not want to have a bad image as soon as he becomes the king – he is already seen as the one who killed Eun and SD, right? Maybe he is waiting for a good opportunity?

• 18:00 King Image result for BAMFGwangjong is doing his kingly duties…which is reading paperwork and making fair decisions.

He is working well into the night. And he looks so beautiful while doing it.:wub:  He knew what the labourers went through during the construction work in Seokyong and he wants to compensate them in whichever way possible. Such a considerate King! Is BA acting as his PA/ Secretary?

Random thought: Soo would have done his makeup and hair in the morning just like CLO did for king Taejo, right? Why couldn’t they show at least 10 seconds of it?

• He is told that Hae Soo is waiting for him. <<<for some other  duties??? hehehehe>>>

panda 29 Heheheh….  Oh, the way his voice and eyes change when he hears that she is waiting for him! :wub:

• 19:00 He finds her asleep in his room.

Everything that is needed for his protection and security is in that room – his armour; his sword; his mask; and his Soo. He never forgets his past.

She is asleep by the bed on the floor. He kneels down to wake her up – the mighty king BAMF GJ kneels down in front of a mere court lady. Captain BA stands behind and looks at his ship sailing successfully with a contented smile.

Soo gets up hastily after noticing that along with So others are present too. She stares at him and looks at him from head to toe with an openly happy and proud smile. :wub:

• He apologizes for making her wait.

Remember the time when he told her that he would have to kill her if he said sorry to her? How the times have changed! love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

• They eat dinner with BaekAh. They giggle!  They have fun.

Ah, the OT3! :wub: So is all smiles. He even serves BA meat and wants BA to call him “brother” in private. So and Soo prank BA as a team! And the way they laugh so happily – especially So!! My sweet, sweet So has been waiting to have a family meal with them. love you crazy rabbit “This is nice. I really like this” says So. :wub: Oh my heart! And feisty Soo is back too. “If you keep making me talk, when I’m hungry, I won’t share a meal with you again” she threatens him. And everyone is so happy! cheer2 onion head

Oh, happy, happy times – these will last forever and ever, right? 

• 21:30 So is sleeping.

Why is So sleeping in his king’s robes? He even has that headdress. Wouldn’t it be too uncomfortable for him? Why no comfy clothes? confused onion head And so many missed scenes here: they should have shown how Soo helped So to take off that headdress, get into comfy clothes etc.Why didn’t they? <_<

Oh, did I say that he looks so beautiful sleeping? Because he does. love onion head

• Soo tucks him in but he awakes from a bad dream. And he hugs her.  He was afraid she would disappear <<<foreshadowing>>> 

He clings on to her so tightly. Just imagine, how many times he would have had nightmares after she is gone? Probably every single night – multiple times too, perhaps. And there would have been no one to hug; no one to comfort him. And when he would have realized that it is not a nightmare but only the reality! How many times he would have called out her name; how alone he must have felt; how many times he would have cried! Oh my heart – now I’ve made myself sad!   crying1 onion head

• He makes her lay down with him. And he wants her to sleep with him. 

It is cute how he moves to get comfortable after pulling her down with him. He hugs her and gets ready to sleep with such a contented smile. :wub: And his voice!!! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615

• <<<but for some reason, the girl won’t.  >>> 

He pouts when she gets up and asks her “Why”. And oh my god, his voice when he says “why”!!! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615How to resist that voice??

• She is afraid of rumors. He is afraid of the spirits in the room. “Stay with me,” he pleads. 

Didn’t the royals usually sleep in their own separate rooms? But So wants Soo to be with him – he does not care about those stupid customs. He holds her hands so tightly when he asks her to stay. And no, he does not order her – he begs her instead!

• <<<how can ANY girl turn THAT down???>>> 

I really do not know. dunno crazy rabbit

• He snuggles into her lap.  

When she does not answer, he holds her down by snuggling into her lap. So is so, so cute! :wub:And the way he smiles!! :wub:And he still holds her hand too!!! Oh my heart! admire2 onion head

• Question:  Why do Korean Dramas like to have the guy lay his head in a girl’s lap?

Because it is a gesture which shows how comfortable they are with each other – both the girl and the guy.I also find it to be a vulnerable position for the guy – the mighty guy who usually saves, has completely given himself up to be taken care of by the girl. Urgh, I can’t explain properly what I’m thinking. And because it looks good on screen too – the rough and tough guy being all cuddly and cute with the girl?

• He asks her to tell him a story. 

Oh, the way he asks her to tell him a story!:wub: “We are nowhere near a thousand yet” he says. Is this is reference to Arabian Nights or am I forgetting something from the previous episodes? And she tells the story of Little Red Riding Hood – a story about wolf and a girl to the Dog Wolf himself! She smiles at him so lovingly and pats him when she tells it.

So is so, so cute in this scene! :wub:And his voice!!hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615 I heard all kinds of emotions in his voice like confusion, pleading, playfulness, sleepiness and happiness. My ears are blessed! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615*Blue is dead*

But to think that maybe he would have never had anyone to tell him bedtime stories when he was just a kid before this….:tears:

• 24:50 She wakes up (with her hairclip still in her hair) surprised that she is still in So’s bed.  But he is gone.

Again so many scenes that they should have shown us. How did Soo get to be in that position? Of course, it was So’s doing. They should have shown us how he lovingly caresses her face and kisses her forehead before leaving to do his kingly duties. Could not they show us at least 5 seconds of it? <_<

• 26:00 Queen Mother Yoo wants to see Soo.  Jung is there. He’s frowning again.<<<his only face reaction lately>>>  They have found the ripped shreds of Yo’s decree. They want to know what was on the paper. And drill her about Yo’s declaration. Yoo calls her a liar. 

Soo looks so, so beautiful! :wub:

And the idiot Jung is still not supporting or being loyal to his king BAMF GJ! He too questions Soo along with his mother. I’m curious. What if Soo said that Yo did not abdicate the throne to So verbally? Yoo definitely would have wanted to make Jung the king. Would Jung have liked that too? confused onion head

• So enters and tells them to stop. And he lies to his mother.

He looks majestic and fierce! :wub: The look in his eyes and his voice and the way he talks with that smirk!!! :wub: I love how they focused on their joined hands when he talks – they are a team and they have got each other’s back. And the way he shuts idiot Jung’s mouth when he asks “He has a son so why would he leave it to his younger brother”! So clearly explains to them how it could have been if he had decided to take the throne by force; he tells them indirectly how different he is being compared to the previous kings and how kind he is being with them, all with that perfect smirk! :wub: BAMF GJ indeed!!

• He asks her to plan Yo’s funeral. She gets mad that he calls her mother and says he is just a thief who stole the throne.

With that reply from Yoo his heart is broken all over again. He is the mighty king, but still he needs validation from his “mother” too; maybe he thought that she would accept him if he becomes king. My poor So! And his “mother” is planning to dethrone him. I cannot help but think that she would be ecstatic if he dies now – after all she is the one who was trying to control her smile when he drank poison to save Soo and Moo! get out crazy rabbit

• So tells Soo he doesn’t want her visiting Yoo again, and that he wants to know who she is meeting with. <<<for her protection, but it sounds pretty controlling>>>

Maybe it sounds controlling for us because of our 21st century values. He is doing that for her protection; he cannot come to rescue her every time she gets into trouble if he does not know about it – even then it would be difficult as he has his own duties. He sounds so harsh too; maybe that is because he is trying to mask his sadness of being rejected by his mother again with anger.

They let go of each other’s hands and the door is closed too, separating So and Soo. *Blue sighs* Foreshadowing, huh? :(

• 30:25 Gwangjong  gets mad when he hears of any one saying he shouldn’t be the King.  He orders the death of many

He does not have a choice but to silence those who oppose if he wants to stabilize the throne and the country. He is the 3rd king after Taejo – that too in such a short time period. Considering that Goryeo is relatively a young nation, if they don’t have a stable and strong king, its chances of surviving are very low. But most importantly, he does not order any of his relatives to be killed – not even Yo’s son.

• and looks scary while doing so.

and so damn HOT!!! :w00t: The shallow me couldn’t help but notice that. And all those expressions in his face and voice!!! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615BAMF GJ is so fierce. Bless those close up shots.

• 34:00 The General  wants to leave.

The General helped So to become king and now he is leaving. It is as if he has been waiting to fulfill his promise to help So to secure the throne so he could leave him. And So’s heart is breaking – there’s so much sadness in his eyes and voice. :tears:The general has been like an adoptive father to So, perhaps more of a father than Taejo, and now he does not want to do anything with So.

The general is the first person to leave So.

• 35:00 Soo finds So at the  throne.  He is sad that the General has left. He feels everyone around him is abandoning him.

He does not look like a tough guy anymore; rather he looks so defeated with his stooped shoulders. He is heartbroken by the way his own family treats him and feels all alone. Even after becoming the king, even after defeating the obvious enemies, So still has not got what he always wanted – the love from his family. And he cries! :tears: My sweet, sweet So, who always wanted nothing but love from his family is crying again.:tears: :tears: :tears: Did he ever stop crying though? crying1 onion head

Soo could not bear to see him suffer anymore; she sits beside him and promises him “I am right here. I will not leave you.” I love how they focus on their hands – her small hand covering his big one and patting to comfort him. But most importantly, SHE SITS ON THE THRONE BESIDE HIM! When have we ever seen anyone sitting on the throne with the king? They are that close with each other! For her, he is not the scary BAMF GJ; he is her love So – her best friend So. At least for now….

And no, I’m not going to talk about her saying that she would not leave him. No! I am just going to focus on the love and positives as much as possible as they are HARD TO COME BY! head crazy rabbitdepressed1 onion head

• 38:00 Soo moves into her new quarters.

And she brings all her important belongings there – the arrow and the numerous sheets of paper with So’s writing! :wub:

• Chae Ryung wants to stay in the palace but she is to be dismissed. Won wants her to remain in the Damiwon. <<<why?>>>

Umm…. Let me think. CR was in the damiwon as per Won’s orders and she helped him poison Moo; she probably would have spied about So and Soo during that time too. So why does he want her to stay in damiwon? No, hidden sinister motives behind it, right? get out crazy rabbit

And who was the person who was noticing/ eavesdropping on the conversation between CR and Won? confused onion head

• 40:00 Image result for BAMFGwangjong talks to a distrusting/frowning Jung and his mother’s family.

While idiot Jung is being all frowny and whiney and copying So’s dress and hairstyle, BAMF GJ looks majestic with his sarcastic smile. love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634 I know, I know that I have said so many times that BAMF GJ is majestic, but how can I not repeat it when that is the absolute truth? hehe onion head

• <<<why does Jung ALWAYS side with his mom and not So?>>> 

Because he is an idiot. That idiot says “Loyalty can only come from trust”. get out crazy rabbit He did accept Moo when he became king without questioning. But was he loyal to Moo and warned him about Yo being alive and would come for the throne? Noooo. What happened to his loyalty then? get out crazy rabbit He does not care his clan wanting autonomy would destabilize the country. Nope. He does not care about the country or the people. And he dares to shout at the king!! Urgh! Please tell me that I’m not the only one who wanted to punch his stupid face! whaaat1 onion head

• So cannot believe his mother still won’t accept him as King. 

depressed1 onion head Why do people keep on hurting my So? Why? desperate2 onion head

• 41:30 Soo & WooHee  chat about choices and forgiveness.

WH seems to be feeling guilty about her deeds. Maybe that’s the only difference between her and CR? On the other hand, Soo is full of positive thoughts and hope – she just wants to be happy with So!

• 43:00 And then Wook has to show up on our TV screen.

crazy monkey 179 Up until snake Wook showed up Soo was walking with a spring on her step and a lovely smile and pretty hairpin too. And the snake had to slither in and ruin everything.

• Wook is pissed that she went to So, and not to him.

“Now you are the king’s woman. How am I to accept that” asks snake Wook. Um… who cares if he accepts it or not? Besides, how dare he think that he has any right to ask for explanation regarding her choices? Did he marry her when there were so many chances to do so? Did he come to support her when she almost died? Did he even spare a glance at her when she was suffering as a lowly water maid? Selfish, self-righteous snake! get out crazy rabbit

And the ever forgiving Soo explains to snake Wook how different So is to him; how honest he was with Soo. Communication has always been the strength of their relationship and it will continue to do so, right? depressed2 onion head

• 45:15 Wook  is sulking in his library….staring at the bracelet he gave Soo. He remembers all the pretty times they had Episodes 1 – 6. And he destroys the bracelet. 

And they had to waste so much time on him reminiscing about his “memories” with Soo *Blue gags* when they would not even show us at least 10 seconds of SoSoo moments most of the time! <_< Yes, I’m bitter.

Snake Wook destroys the bracelet as if it was Soo’s happiness itself. How can snake Wook decide to ruin Soo’s life and tell that he cares about her at the same time? Boy, is he delusional or something? And most importantly he is driven by jealousy. He is jealous of So. It does not matter to snake Wook that So had to go through hell to get where he is today; all he can see is how So now has “everything” while he has nothing. It does not matter to the selfish snake that he was not willing to risk anything to achieve what he wanted! Argh!! get out crazy rabbit

Maybe I should have thrown some kerosene on snake Wook, so that he would have slithered away and hidden somewhere dark!

• 46:48 Soo & So are doodling….letters… over and over again.

…in her room. He came to see her right after finishing his duties and continues to write just because she wants him to. Even if he does not know the reason behind it. And it is so cute how she just grabs the paper from his hand after he is done writing. :wub: And really what is the purpose behind him writing so many copies of the same poem? Am I forgetting something?

And the cutie pie So is pouting at being given only herbal rice as a reward for preparing her room. He does not want to share it with anyone either. Neither the herbal rice nor Soo. “It’s all mine” he says playfully. Could he be anymore cuter? admire2 onion head

Soo could sense that something is not right but So is not willing to open up and diverts the topic.

• She is bored waiting around for him every day and she asks him if Chae Ryung can stay around…and bites her lip to make him weak in the knees. 

Even her voice changes and eyes get bigger when she is making a request from him. And the lipbite! He is helpless against it, I’d say. And he keeps on staring at her lips! :w00t: I wonder how many times she had used the same techniques to get whatever she wanted from him; and I wonder how he reacted! embarrassed2 onion head

Oh some happy times amidst all this gloom and doom!

• He starts talking about babies and marriage and it’s all too much for Soo.

Now, it’s his voice which changes when talking about babies. :wub: He wants children – as in he wants more than one. He wants her to be ready too. Maybe he needs the loving family which he always wanted to become a reality as soon as possible. I bet he already has formed so many plans about the future with his Soo and their kids in his mind. depressed1 onion head

• She wants a better proposal. He teases her that she is harder to deal with than the warring families.

He is so willing to marry her. He is ready whenever she is. Everything is in her hands only. And he would have come up with some awesome proposal too. If only the snake Wook hadn’t meddled! depressed2 onion head

• 50:30 The Doctor   visits Soo.  He tells her that her knee will cause problems in the future. And that she has a weak heart and may not live long. Soo visits prayer stones to ask for more time with So

depressed1 onion head Ten more years with So is definitely not enough for her. She wants to spend more time with him. HAHAHAHAH!  She might have wanted to have a family with So too. She tells the doctor that she would inform the king about her condition herself and I’m sure that she did not do it. sigh crazy rabbit

Observation: Soo looks so pretty; everything is perfect! The dress, hair, accessories – everything!:wub:

• Frowning Jung arrives and they have it out over So.  

Idiot Jung says he feels betrayed that Soo took So’s side. Betrayed! get out crazy rabbit Even Soo could not take any more of his stupidity. She reminds him of who killed Eun and SD. What does the idiot say? He still thinks that everything went wrong only after So came back to Songak; the same way he thought years ago, before he became a general! Maturity, my richard simmons! And the idiot is worried that everyone will be in danger because So became the king. get out crazy rabbit

• He reminds Soo that she will just be one of King Gwangjong/So’s many women.  He tells her that if she ever wants to leave the Palace, he has a way for her to leave.

get out crazy rabbit Soo already has so many insecurities and idiot Jung just increased them by many folds.

• 55:10   Wook visits So in the empty Throne room. He gives him conditions for any support from the court.   

All the officials have boycotted coming to the court as per snake Wook’s orders. Really, why does he have so much power over them? Does he know any of their dirty secrets? Has he promised them substantial rewards for their support? confused onion head

• And he demands that he marry Yeon Hwa.

get out crazy rabbit And what’s with the dramatic zooming into his face at 55:17? It made me lol.

• 56:40 Yeon Hwa  visits Soo in her room, gloating.  I will be Queen,” she declares. And Oh btw…you can stay around.  I don’t mind. I just want to have a son withImage result for BAMFGwangjong…to put on the throne.

get out crazy rabbit YH knows how to hit where it hurts the most. Smiling all the while when doing so. YH and her bloody dimples! She does not give a crap about heart or love – all she wants is power and recognition! Ugh!! YH comes to inform Soo even before snake Wook is done blackmailing So. YH has that much trust in her brother!

• 58:00 Wook tells him that marrying Yeon Hwa will get him the  support he needs. But So says he wants to marry someone else.  Wook tells him that Soo cannot be Queen.  If I say I will do it, I will do it,” says So/Gwangjong. But Wook reminds So that she has a  scar…so cannot marry the King. 

get out crazy rabbit shock2 onion head nonono onion head

Preview: Yeon Hwa gets a hug, Soo looks sad in Queenly robes, So/Gwangjong looks pissed. 

And they used the happy music of “For You”! Those heartless people!

And when I was watching this for the first time, I searched for BAMF GJ’s history right after the preview. It said his queen’s name was

Daemok and I had a tiny hope. I read further and found out who she really was. I was heartbroken. :tears: I was hoping against hope that somehow there was a mistake or that they would change it in the drama. How naïve I was! lonely onion head

As usual, I could not have done this without the wonderful @pixelsticks 's emoji review! love you crazy rabbit

I've found so many pretty gifs but could not post them due to the problem in my internet connection - maybe I should do a separate post for the gifs and pics only for this episode?

I was not able to read anyone's reviews/ comments either - will try to catch up to it asap!

And as it is very late here now, I might have made mistakes when posting my ramblings/ rantings. I'll try to correct them tomorrow if possible. :tongue:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

On 3/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, pixelsticks said:

Hankie Hankie Hankie Hankie Panky PD Nim!  Sitting on that footage!!  Driving us all bonkers....

I'm still hoping!

Hahahahehehehehahahahehehehe I'm hoping I'll love Ha Jae Yi...and that SHE isn't stupid. 

She has to be smart and proactive! please!!!

OK... I support that OTP as well!!

:wub:

On 3/12/2018 at 9:45 AM, mabelialong said:

Beatiful videos! thank you for sharing

11 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

FANGIRLING Observations (which might be inappropriate for this thread),  RANTINGS and definitely-not-a-review-thingy of MLSHR – Episode 17

I apologize in advance for the monstrosity below. I really am sorry. :ph34r:

No need to apologize. Thank you for being here again! take your time, i think i will finish my review today or tomorrow and i'm afraid i won´t be here for some time, but i'm counting on have a lot to backread when i return :)

Maybe Yo was so out of his mind that he didn’t notice that she was gone. And for how many days and nights was she away – just one, right? Maybe they said that she was sick during that time?

yes :dissapointed_relieved: just one night :bawling: that's all they (we) have.

Question: Yo reigned for 4 years and sent So away when he became king. So came back to Songak after two years, right? And patched up with Soo. Therefore, between the night they spent after So got injured to when he become the king there was at least 1.5 to 1 year’s time, isn’t it?

But how long it was since Yo became king and Eun was killed and So left?

Just as snake Wook blames everyone else – ladies particularly, if we think about it – for his evil deeds, Yo does the same too. Yo blames Soo for killing his family, as if he hadn’t planned it all along. Even before the rain ritual he tried to kill Moo – remember the exorcism rite? That was way before Soo started to “interfere”. Coward! get out crazy rabbit

You are right, but i'm not sure if it's Yo's or writer's fault

But it is not like this is the first time Yo realized his mother’s true nature, isn’t it? As long as she supported him, he doesn’t care about her love either.  All Yoo cares about is to make Jung the king; and stop So from becoming the king. <_<

I haven't thought about it.. but i think you are right. Yo doesn´t care as long as she supported him

And she does get everything she wants – except So’s love. That is the only consolation I have.

poor consolation, isn´t it? but i can´t say much because that is my only consolation too

First of all, So looks so hot in this scene! :w00t: His voice is so clear and full of determination when he says that Yo abdicated the throne to him.hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615 The look in his eyes!!! :wub: It is Soo who first recognizes/ acknowledges  So as the king. With Moo it was snake Wook and for Yo it was So. And for So, it is the love of his life! love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

Love it!

Well, he is an idiot. Further, now he cannot openly blame So for every single thing, can he? Then again, he would and get away with it too since everyone thinks that he is cute. crazy monkey 078

Sadly he still openly blame So for everything. He has no respect for the king, in those times he should be dead

So is the most powerful person in Goryeo. So and Soo are together and in love. What could possibly go wrong? Everything is perfect, right? Right?

don´t make me laugh! (bawl)

Random thought: Soo would have done his makeup and hair in the morning just like CLO did for king Taejo, right? Why couldn’t they show at least 10 seconds of it?

because PDnim hates to see us happy

Remember the time when he told her that he would have to kill her if he said sorry to her? How the times have changed! love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

Ah, the OT3! :wub: So is all smiles. He even serves BA meat and wants BA to call him “brother” in private. So and Soo prank BA as a team! And the way they laugh so happily – especially So!! My sweet, sweet So has been waiting to have a family meal with them. love you crazy rabbit “This is nice. I really like this” says So. :wub: Oh my heart! And feisty Soo is back too. “If you keep making me talk, when I’m hungry, I won’t share a meal with you again” she threatens him. And everyone is so happy! cheer2 onion head

This is one of my favorite scenes, i love these 3 together so much. They're the only true family in this drama

Oh, did I say that he looks so beautiful sleeping? Because he does. love onion head

I know... he's like the most beautiful angel while sleeping

He clings on to her so tightly. Just imagine, how many times he would have had nightmares after she is gone? Probably every single night – multiple times too, perhaps. And there would have been no one to hug; no one to comfort him. And when he would have realized that it is not a nightmare but only the reality! How many times he would have called out her name; how alone he must have felt; how many times he would have cried! Oh my heart – now I’ve made myself sad!   crying1 onion head

Why did you make me think of this???? now i'm more heartbroken :bawling:

With that reply from Yoo his heart is broken all over again. He is the mighty king, but still he needs validation from his “mother” too; maybe he thought that she would accept him if he becomes king. My poor So! And his “mother” is planning to dethrone him. I cannot help but think that she would be ecstatic if he dies now – after all she is the one who was trying to control her smile when he drank poison to save Soo and Moo! get out crazy rabbit

sometimes i got mad for So still loving evil queen in spite of everything... but that's what makes him what he is, and that's why i love him. because when he loves he does it unconditionally

and so damn HOT!!! :w00t: The shallow me couldn’t help but notice that. And all those expressions in his face and voice!!! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615BAMF GJ is so fierce. Bless those close up shots.

I'm totally pro close up shots when it comes about So

The General helped So to become king and now he is leaving. It is as if he has been waiting to fulfill his promise to help So to secure the throne so he could leave him. And So’s heart is breaking – there’s so much sadness in his eyes and voice. :tears:The general has been like an adoptive father to So, perhaps more of a father than Taejo, and now he does not want to do anything with So.

Sorry, but i thinl that So hasn´t secured the throne yet. i think he left So when he needed the most

And no, I’m not going to talk about her saying that she would not leave him. No! I am just going to focus on the love and positives as much as possible as they are HARD TO COME BY! head crazy rabbitdepressed1 onion head

Happy you that can do such a thing...

While idiot Jung is being all frowny and whiney and copying So’s dress and hairstyle, BAMF GJ looks majestic with his sarcastic smile. love-shower-smiley.gif?1292867634

:lol:

I know, I know that I have said so many times that BAMF GJ is majestic, but how can I not repeat it when that is the absolute truth? hehe onion head

you can say it as much as you want... you are so right

Because he is an idiot. That idiot says “Loyalty can only come from trust”. get out crazy rabbit He did accept Moo when he became king without questioning. But was he loyal to Moo and warned him about Yo being alive and would come for the throne? Noooo. What happened to his loyalty then? get out crazy rabbit He does not care his clan wanting autonomy would destabilize the country. Nope. He does not care about the country or the people. And he dares to shout at the king!! Urgh! Please tell me that I’m not the only one who wanted to punch his stupid face! whaaat1 onion head

I still want to do it! you are so right in everything you said

“Now you are the king’s woman. How am I to accept that” asks snake Wook. Um… who cares if he accepts it or not? Besides, how dare he think that he has any right to ask for explanation regarding her choices? Did he marry her when there were so many chances to do so? Did he come to support her when she almost died? Did he even spare a glance at her when she was suffering as a lowly water maid? Selfish, self-righteous snake! get out crazy rabbit

And why Soo stays and gives explanations to the snake

And the ever forgiving Soo explains to snake Wook how different So is to him; how honest he was with Soo. Communication has always been the strength of their relationship and it will continue to do so, right? depressed2 onion head

The ever forgiving Soo is forgiving when it's about everyone but So :angry:

And the cutie pie So is pouting at being given only herbal rice as a reward for preparing her room. He does not want to share it with anyone either. Neither the herbal rice nor Soo. “It’s all mine” he says playfully. Could he be anymore cuter? admire2 onion head

Could he? :love:

I've found so many pretty gifs but could not post them due to the problem in my internet connection - maybe I should do a separate post for the gifs and pics only for this episode?

No worrries take your time! hope you can connect soon

• Like 2

MLSHR Episode 20 Review Part 1

No matter how many times i watched this episode. It hurts the same... or more. I remember the first time i watched it i couldn´t understand much because i was live streaming and i shout: I wish she dies and GJ lives suffering all alone forever and ever... i don´t care anymore. Well and angel passed and said amen. And i was so mortified because i did care. a lot. But then i think, if PDnim included the hankie scene, if i got my closure, would i still be so into this drama like i am? i don´t know. I can´t change the past and JM thought us that there are no coincidences and everything happens for a reason. The drama ended like it ended. there was no hankie scene. We are still here. And i don´t think i could love the drama more than i do. in fact i can´t stop crying while i'm writing this. i better start with my review.

First part of the episode is spent on Jung+Soo... sorry i won´t elaborate about them. When Soo arrives at Jung's house he offers his hand and Soo thinks of So:

Spoiler

CDqvxh0.jpg

So gets mad when reading the reports about Soo+Jung. And I know everything sounds a little bit ridiculous, but even in these times (at least in my country) i don´t think a man (or woman) would like to hear that his (her) beloved one is acting lovingly with her (his) husband (wife) Stupid Jung always spoiling everything

Spoiler

UDqF0k0.jpg

ymRJXKc.jpg

Then So goes to see the truth himself and first is worried because Soo seems to be in pain, then he's hurt/angry because Soo and Jung are sharing a room and are laughing and noisy and talking about Jung's body! first time Jung slept in the same room with Soo and So has to witness it!

Spoiler

sjtS9TZ.jpgAN4LAZY.jpgqGpY4A7.jpg0SNxZF7.jpg29yFWsr.jpgvNRT2pL.jpg

In consequence, no more updates about Soo+Jung

Spoiler

tGq8iHK.jpggR9gGmW.jpg

Soo is pregnat and she's about to die and all she thinks is So. Why did she leave him? while not spend her last days with the one she loves? why is the drama so cruel to us?

Soo: <Finally, there's just the two of us now, away from the palace. Just you and I... me and you. Now I can forget about truth and lies, misunderstandings and jealousy, and the precarious fight for the throne and deaths and just devote my time on loving you.>

Spoiler

At8g3NQ.jpgiSDHIGc.jpgczw77BC.jpgO5v5Tdi.jpgA1ELcv5.jpg

rLJpXlJ.jpg

Spoiler

B54z9rL.jpgWE3qtWb.jpg

Little Seol is born and Soo only wants to see So. She knows she's dying. She sents letters to So, but as always, stupid Jung spoils everything, sending the letters using his name. So So doesn´t read them even when a messenger was sent. Now I wonder, why didn´t Jung look for So himself and tell him the truth? I mean he always left his home when he wanted, why didn´t he do it now? because it would help So?

Spoiler

HeHRzRa.jpgA9LE25L.jpg

RfT55vg.jpg3vOWKHx.jpgpSbhFRd.jpg

And here it comes... the chingu song and i'm dead. 

Singer: There was a court lady the king loved. This is the song they say made him fall in love with her.

This is so So. Don´t you remember when Queen was dying and he said his revenge would be telling lovely stories about them? Now he's spreading stories about him and Soo?

We got a lot of flashbacks and i love it...

Spoiler

4wjaRmg.jpgf4Z1vIh.jpgOZRsUsp.jpgfeM8dpD.jpgBaFcQbK.jpgzthWp9L.jpg

Perfect excuse to see So beautiful face in beautiful scenes again :wub:

It's such a painful scene. And what hurts me more is that Soo doesn´t want to remember, she rather forget everything, So included...

She dies and So finally reads ones of his letters. Doesn´t it seems strange that JM asked if he hasn´t read the letters, when he already knew that all the letters came from Jung and that's why he hadn´t read them? do i miss something in translation?

Spoiler

rykFQoo.jpg6eyjBlY.jpg7y8qSIW.jpgxYNHNxS.jpgw0aaa52.jpgJb13PK8.jpghgICmni.jpg

So is crying while reading her letter and so am I. What a wonderful acting from JG! More flashbacks as So rides to finally meet So. Usually i don't like flashbacks but this time i love them. Because they're sweet and painful memories... because they make me remember the times when i was hopeful...

WsFuVHT.jpg

Spoiler

O4xfsng.jpg

8z7ZQPC.jpgTgTahMX.jpg

4kpaZZ0.jpg

Soo: <Life is like a dream. Right and wrong. Love and hate. They all get buried with the passing of time and leave quietly with no trace. Do you still think that you don't have my whole heart and resent me? I'm always worried that I may have left you with hatred instead of love, not allowing you to rest in peace. I still love you. When you gave up everything and stood by me in the rain... When you threw your body in the way of a flying arrow to protect me... you became someone I could never forget in my life. I came to realize that the opposite of loving is not hating, but leaving. I'm afraid you may think  that I left you and that you left me. I yearn for you so much, but I can't be near you. I yearn for you so much, but I can't be near you. I hope and wait to see you again inside these fences,  I'll be waiting for you... every day.>

To be continued...

• Like 4

Revisited the final episodes of BBJX and MLSHR yesterday and my heart shattered anew as these scenes unfolded, just as it did the first time I watched...

Waiting in vain

6vjpdGSaKfQvWd8s169AidViFDzMyFzQCj9XFQxhtKbI9J2eoKO4wMNcqzvOIlpdetx3kk2_uHV31fm3zezil9MqODk5lM6nuwtc5StV9ojOn8VyuUrXo9NJ__j6XxCYrxhG22XbjqSi_Dcd3MiqOWpFO8TGe-5yvaC2MnrDfMkn0ZEEfDUGiyk3FLz7iXMyZuyo8udO9seSzIVjHjPzJl62K_gfkyaWA1GRCg5xXRECPtzrFG3DaUYv_KSAg4VXzMSTFgJNvtwjPMq0bYv5ASsRZVxCzcJsjw-QtwoiM4axn3GWFWtz3Tbh9jwiO5i26BIN-8ZtV0MJC7_5h0ezXXW90jo_vqDfHWaemEo3EgTmYnts6kFhI7oEdBu64JCb7KCp54Qm_eWGgLTyFnDxO-s-Acgwco3NRdud_f9t1CAjmkAIpkkRrrYzRwW64-QJEvZRXb-zMIz2Q0Nd2nBfMz5rGXbkbXQNAEywTQcEcAIlejfY4Yn-b9BlLk39OM7ptXGT2aol5vWad8b6qDU5S-W3ggjTwn-EbVaJ5gcPWZ3jLCYzc571H3T5iVCGhE2K_8aEJwRRwR5_3OsXTl3cVAnh1rK4u3yGq2A1VHQ=w1920-h531-no

Her death

7M3VWl-k7J9QKNxZd5jdM94z4IXfBCB6hl3lXXyW1YIZdbLzVzk-rqP6XCAoBfld-S9reiojAM7loAIchbqciRrbBY7ndr6A703gSBW4R7BGZ6_4jFMvv5xSBFvSXMMMf_lYGOe9Hy23FNla1dwH468BsCmMgFV7OTr9mO6A7TlsCTcuI3IAgQa3bfvoZkVivvJ5wMxo108vyRSgEUZvjl3J89QojcjVAHQtGpqmNhHOHbV0EpEZuJUBgUJio8QMuthDLT5IBUb24FuEUIASxsa37j7sjQxMrKrGMCnsGqDQCvIcTqmnnfwevPE0ggAX19D5RCY2e6AiP4xnmZPEs_coU1EmUqhmqq1TRplrEx8IPZsaUs7O8n5gG8BygeOfefROr-JwpIYohBk-HGisImtsA5QT7ALw1c5fi-9qdkQZbUJmwUVMpo_R9S5KMa6djZTfiOJDghXJWpLMUTO1dwvDn-pxgt8IUHi9kSHK6HMm75SXnxf-_UQ6PAHsPAIYvBiPTraRFKqXd2CSBFOOU9EJ-AyBwk3Vg8SMpb9RYYEg79sli1lucHUJYDz-7KLHHT6-aMm2ueMfFHaWKZG3xlB4sE35yk2j0wDH_2M=w1920-h536-no

Alone...

C9RjAZb63-4xVRhtiEzG-PjkT4_gdHVj0dVJYs24SEfHoDx41AImHPyoWHec-Mhw5_OvM1d1wOfog2NpPGspeB-SazgT5EU9KKZFb-l22l1N2GcKuECC4ogvK1ug-vsFaYPE4Mks-5cm-gL3ylTxjx4JIU11XwkJebnvdTtSuEjejJKvABx5pa3zeRTNwOtq5STMyfMdCTEsFkmOUhuwKdYaFFZp_1zul_pW8-gv9_hE_Zp24D58VoT8jdDYy4pe9jWxD04MN65OvylgLmDYEUFCBSZMQUldkfrhehhQR-Gyr3yW1hQRQCN-X7_IkLp4ybIoVTEYPdC0KWHJOxGI_SDHvhuZDCjgs-Zbbw6r31rtwbYEpUamHqc7drJOEVbhmV1VHeWEJix6Emh-r8QbD0fcv_Sv5lAP9T6vFHx6isSfmFAKB97RhyDKAawDUqvnClQyPVHeED78J5jCQQOqftornRFi5gY1DnoxGhXxEX9Z0IS4LRrnB-vlKNeyPBNxuv7pxai11mfs4oSXgewV5EmIp0hoAZNYy9wbz32_BT8dsR1kwZP-GbG4AhNq7bwU0GM8W0c1Y6wgLAvTCW_6NRaGdtVYOjeQ3lEq4QA=w1920-h538-no

• Like 4

MLSHR Episode 20 Review Part 2

So arrives at Jung's place, searching for Soo.. he still can´t believe she's dead until he sees her urn. it's heartbreaking to see him crying. He hugs the urn, he wants to take it with him... the way his voice falters when he says "Soo... let's go. Let's go." makes me die a little. I hope he was alone with Soo. Jung and even BA are in their way...

Spoiler

fxsugzT.jpg

vbLAPYz.jpgu8qEBzK.jpgV5XKHjN.jpgtle5r0H.jpg5ppsHaP.jpgP49jV95.jpgow2jWVK.jpg

ONqPRge.jpg

Spoiler

7IgutSO.jpgbLnhA53.jpg5O7YZan.jpgtuTTTh2.jpgx9A3S9C.jpgq9L8sKV.jpggIpNahJ.jpg

He is at their place, remembering her, holding her... it's so sad

Spoiler

32oF6jT.jpgqh5x8ci.jpgWNrpoUO.jpgxPf5QGg.jpg

xPf5QGg.jpgwzDTYaa.jpg

yLyxdT2.jpg

DMUblFR.jpg

The sadness in his eyes... you can feel his grief... So died and he wasn´t with her, her words haunt him: "I'm not alone, so I'll be fine. You're here, Your Highness, so why am I alone?" ,  "I won't leave. I... won't leave."

So is working while YH is asking him why didn´t he show at their son birthday? why isn´t he a good father? why does he see them as a threath? Well YH that's what happens when you marry someone who doesn´t love you, someone you hurt in many ways, your mother warned you: it was love or power. But YH finds guilt in others as she always do. It's all because of HS. and she knows why Soo left Soo, though i don´t think sje does...

Spoiler

NPkq8uL.jpgE9DOeMS.jpgiISDiIG.jpgtRFDHBS.jpgrandom tought: GJ deserves a better crown

So goes to their spot again and little Seol bumps into him. That triggers memories about Soo bumping into him. Like mother like daughter. So is charmed by the little girl who is adorable! Sadly Jung arrives and wants to take the girl away asap! So sees the hairpin and realized who was the little girl. I know he kows.

Spoiler

MIXGt52.jpg

T57Cz3F.jpgt8sNlGk.jpgyyNw2z6.jpgW1Z9TbY.jpghqF76MG.jpg

Stl0XdB.jpg

Spoiler

LlMF9K6.jpg

MvHhys2.jpgpEIiX2m.jpgcVdUb3X.jpg9uLZ3vC.jpge6x6YnX.jpg

ibcKkQi.jpgy2menjB.jpgot8hIRQ.jpgQv1WqGI.jpgUbFPmDv.jpgXEqAuCR.jpgvZquNp5.jpg

It's heartbreaking to see how So's expression changed. He forgives Jung and ask him to come to the palace as much as he wants (like he always did, me thinks). So leaves them, while Jung clings into little Seol...

Spoiler

Y6aAJ0u.jpg

To be continued...

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 2

MLSHR Episode 20 Review Part 3

So arrives at the palace and JM is leaving. The last one to left So. Now he's really alone.

I wonder why if JM loved Moo so much why he did not a thing to save him... I wonder why he leaves now, maybe as So said to Soo, JM was with him only to avenge Moo and now that Won is dead he has nothing more to do. JM also warns So about Soo:

Spoiler

jd3POt1.jpgngWzOUM.jpgZGXm8Ho.jpgD4UKuZE.jpgd1hksMT.jpgcXlnGHJ.jpg

JM: In regards to Lady Hae Soo, I don't think she was from this world. When you think back on things, there are many instances you realize it. You need to forget her. If you long for a person you cannot reach, you'll end up like me.

(So if So doesn´t forget Soo he would end time traveling, right? right?)

Eclipse time...

Spoiler

c38GPXt.jpgoWD3caP.jpgCldVFwY.jpgDYfCyID.jpgPcn1abt.jpgOO6eHBg.jpgcbOAkeM.jpghhYX9Y8.jpg

Sl61baj.jpg

Flashbacks or may i say sad dreams... Soo wakes up crying after remembering a scarred man. She's selling cosmetics, talk with a modern JM and remembers about the same scarred man and almost faints. There are no coincedences...

Spoiler

7dhjt5E.jpgJZYAtT9.jpgjM3BEPc.jpgZqFcln6.jpgD84db3X.jpgxfnuYxr.jpgTAP0yis.jpgMNYmpmG.jpgk03Yf0o.jpgTdE3DjO.jpgXrSL5lz.jpg

She's leaving and see Goryeo paintings They're gorgeous btw)

Spoiler

Z1Kz7Y5.jpg

l9tLzgi.jpgXJd7HLo.jpgPfAScE9.jpgIJYBWQm.jpgi2HbJu7.jpgv5BLRCC.jpg

She remembers everything... and she reads that So became a good king after all

Spoiler

TPeFaA3.jpg7ZnSgWT.jpgUYaYEcf.jpgIS9IZm1.jpgDgDLUJV.jpgVFAPbGO.jpgnQg5tH6.jpg

What to think about this?

Spoiler

QdbeRkX.jpg6IxPE4m.jpg4Hhe9Un.jpgRuHZKx4.jpgg78F6Gq.jpgFOuza2G.jpg

This sequence is something that actually happened or something that happened in her original time frame but not anymore... because in this reality he's standing all alone...

Spoiler

ZZfNBEl.jpgXNQiBhM.jpgVJnLHyE.jpgpUtBwAH.jpgJVMlcjX.jpgeIojV1f.jpg

he looks so sad and so alone...

eSREQQJ.jpg

The death song is playing and i wonder if it's because Wook is dead or because we are the ones dying. By this time i think it's imposible to cry anymore... but it's possible, and i'm still crying while i'm writing... BA is leaving again, he doesn't have anyone to visit anymore

Spoiler

ovVEQsT.jpg5a6hn0o.jpgfeb5TwJ.jpg0KYrJs0.jpgOU9v9op.jpgvsnYlMe.jpgeY2X81f.jpg

He remembers the king's words... life is fleeting. He told Soo the same and he doesn´t like Soo's looks: "I feel nervous whenever
you have that facial expression. I feel like you're going to leave me and go far away."

Spoiler

VJWpqrv.jpgkxShyq6.jpgEJAAauu.jpgBUUSeGH.jpgOzRXmhV.jpgKDwBB2L.jpgmLxxO7H.jpg

eyY3mlG.gif

y7n7X72.gif

QbT3rTk.gif

Pn7sIxO.gif

wPjNJq3.gif

I wish you would love him more in those Goryeo days...

Now i think this is one of my favorite scenes of the drama. I love how he wipes the makeup and show us the scar. he's showing the world his true face, the same face that Soo used to touch, to love...

Spoiler

WnKGMMM.jpgyewJmfh.jpgPQj5H9f.jpg7L4bA0Z.jpgwrfBK1G.jpg91MqkKQ.jpgzjxCICf.jpguDsf8Ys.jpgaW0WM4j.jpgk0E7lWp.jpgt8seARq.jpgnjfrCqU.jpgHYW4Q5V.jpg2MmCziq.jpgfn0IQFE.jpg

a1F5FNB.jpg

So: If we are not from the same world... I will find you. My... Soo.

Time to stop and cry some more...

I'm back. To put the final nail to the coffin we see the most beautiful and cute scene., while listening to my favorite song from the OST. Why don´t we have more of this... they deserved so much happiness, so deserved so much happines and love...

Spoiler

3Sw3ngG.jpggDkgUyE.jpgYMHM0c6.jpgzvcbrRb.jpgyvPbXLf.jpgG00wSv4.jpg

ZV43YJZ.giflIhz1U3.gif

mHPOftp.jpgSiO6snM.jpgVcWHfpn.jpggXuVaf3.jpgciPFZsY.jpgNtqhqdY.jpgopY6TCZ.jpgIxv1ZSU.jpgGZL8pYp.jpgvPACiBY.jpgFa3k4OR.jpgIDrKm9Q.jpg

cpRKnuq.jpg

Look at their happy faces...why couldn´t they live together happily ever after?

I can´t believe the drama is over, i can't believe i'm done with my reviews. I know i still have dearest @pixelsticks @bluelilac1214 awesome reviews and ramblings to read and coment. But i already miss this little project of us... it's been month hanging together, remembering, discussing, comenting the drama together...

I can´t say this drama is my favorite because then i would be comparing. This drama can´t be compared. This drama is unique. The feelings, the emotions that it stirs are so deep. I know i can´t say it's perfect.. i complain a lot about it to say so. But this drama has the perfect mix of right and wrong for me. It's imperfections suit me. I love it so much. Words can´t explain how i feel about it, but i know you can understand me because you must feel the same. And So... So is real. So is still looking for Soo or maybe he found her already and we didn´t know. As the drama is a mix, So is also a mx of good and bad, right and wrong... he's a dog wolf, and he's as tenacious, as loyal as fiery as them. He is the one that makes me love this drama beyond reasons. I know it's because of JG awesome performace, but to me So is So and JG is JG. So is real...

I said many times i have a love&hate relationship with Soo. But in the end love wins. Because i only wanted So and Soo to be happy together. All the cast is amazing too. And their chemistry is so Good. Special mention to Lady Hae and cour Lady Oh... I missed them so much. The cinematography, the scenery, the customes, the close ups... i love everything. Specially the OST.

I know you all must have watched this, but i think the best way to finish my review is posting this: my favorite MLSHR video with my favorite song from the instrumental OST

Gifs and video credit to uploaders

:heart:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe this thread still alive and still on fire... very proud that I was one of the member of this drama watchers back at the time... yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-11.gif?1301940164

even at last episodes I betrayed my king for another king due my heart can't take it anymore on the nonsense brought by the writers... yellow-hair-girl-emoticon-25.gif?1301940166

I probably can't move on from this drama, I need redemption about this one... I need new version of MLSHR.... but please remove the writer name from the start if someone ever want to do remake of this amazing one. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

I will not dock you for that!!!!  This is your first warning.... warning onion head

They are in this together and they will stay together and face all the problems together as a unit too, right?taichi crazy rabbit

Dream on ....baby!!

Question: Yo reigned for 4 years and sent So away when he became king. So came back to Songak after two years, right? And patched up with Soo. Therefore, between the night they spent after So got injured to when he become the king there was at least 1.5 to 1 year’s time, isn’t it? So how many times did Soo sneak out of the palace to meet So during this time? confused onion head I’m sure she did because, come on, do you think that So would be that patient and not dying to be with her after they have “blown out the candle” once or many timespanda 29

Time baffles me here. Was it really THAT long? I thought it was within days...

The moment he sees her, his eyes soften; his whole face softens and he smiles so lovingly!admire2 onion head

May every human find another human who will give them these moments!

Ohhhh Nice thought!!!

She is asleep by the bed on the floor. He kneels down to wake her up – the mighty king BAMF GJ kneels down in front of a mere court lady. Captain BA stands behind and looks at his ship sailing successfully with a contented smile.

Soo gets up hastily after noticing that along with So others are present too. She stares at him and looks at him from head to toe with an openly happy and proud smile. :wub:

Who wouldn't when you wake up to that???

Oh, happy, happy times – these will last forever and ever, right?

Are you trying to use the powers of SOOMPI Suggestion here??

Of course, it was So’s doing. They should have shown us how he lovingly caresses her face and kisses her forehead before leaving to do his kingly duties. Could not they show us at least 5 seconds of it? <_<

You have so so many NICE ideas....!!!

And what’s with the dramatic zooming into his face at 55:17? It made me lol.

It was jarring...

22 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

don´t make me laugh! (bawl)

Right with you!

22 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

And I thought PD Nim was a heartbreaker.  Blue...way to make it hurt more!

I'm having a devil of a time typing and quoting on here again.  I haven't watched/written/read Episode 20 re(take) yet. It may even be next week....but I'll do my best! 

• Like 2

On 14/3/2018 at 3:27 PM, pixelsticks said:
On 13/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, antoniaclamens said:

And I thought PD Nim was a heartbreaker.  Blue...way to make it hurt more!

Yes..  This idea still haunts me. And it hurts so much 

I will wait patiently for a few days... If not I expect to have a lot to backread when I'm back. Btw I'm so thankful that once LLL starts we'll be free cause I don't think I can handle JG new drama plus MLSHR at the same time!!!  But after LLL is over I think I'll rewatch again..  Maybe only favorite scenes or maybe international version,  I don't know yet... 

• Like 2

NOTE:  These RECAPS/REACTIONS can be filled with spoilers/grammatical errors/snark...since I've already watched MLSHR numerous times. Read at your own risk!

MLSHR Episode 20 – Dramafever Directors Cut

Or

I Know It’s Over – The Smiths

Pixelistic Re(Take)

OK this is it.  I remember hoping beyond hope that some repair could happen…that some happy ending could befall my characters….I sat on the couch, with Kleenex and about 15% hope I wouldn’t be completely destroyed.

• 0:00 <<<and it has to start with that piano music….dammit …I am already crying- Stab in Heart #1>>> Jung wearing his hair up like a married man should…is waiting for his bride, Soo.  He reaches out for her…and WE ARE ALL REMINDED OF SO’s HAND. <<<AARrrgh Stab in Heart #2>>> He’s OK being in the friendzone and gives her a house near his. He also gives her back So’s hairpiece. Soo lovingly and tearfully goes through So’s papers.  <<<this will mean something, right? Eh? >>>
  • 2:40 Soo is crafting So’s image on a rock while Jung practices swordplay. But someone is watching them. Jung has arranged for the Palace Doctor to visit a weak Soo.
  • 4:10 It is here where we hear SOO IS PREGNANT. Stab in Heart #3 <<<so I held my breath…and wondered…OMG…is this how it will ALL GET FIXED??? Surely Gwangjong will find out and they will become a family????>>>
  • 5:00 An angry & jealous Gwangjong reads how well Jung and Soo are getting along. He fumes to JiMong who reminds him that Soo is a loving person.
  • 5:40 Soo has finished her painting of So, but is in pain. King Gwangjong is watching…<<<RUN to her you dork>>> but he just painfully watches as Jung carries her away. He seems like he truly has felt she is lost to him. Stab in Heart #4
  • 6:34 Soo awakens in her house to find Jung nursing her. And wanting to sleep in the same room as her. They reminisce when they met.  And laugh.  But who is watching???  Gwangjong…who thinks they are a newlywed couple. <<<NO SO!!!  Stab in Heart #5>>>
  • 9:00 Gwangjong tells the court he wants no more updates on Jung & Soo.  <<<NO SO!!  C’mon BA…where the HELL are you??? Why aren’t you getting to the bottom of this???>>>
  • 9:25 Soo is daydreaming that So is there with her…that they are together…making their letters, drawing on stones, smiling, being....together….but they are not……<<<<Stab in Heart #6>>>

BREAK TIME _ RANT OK…this is all a set up…right? This is to make us hurt so bad…and then swing us around so when they come back together…it will be downright amazing???? Right??? Image result for hope

• 10:55 Jung paces outside Soo’s room while she gives birth to a beautiful girl.  He tells the nurse to say that the girl was stillborn. A weak Soo awakens and Jung gives her the good news. Soo hands Jung a letter and asks for him to give it to So. She just wants to see So….but not tell him about the baby. He hands the letter off, but not after he addresses the envelope himself. <<<it’s the uneasy music they are playing…dammit….STAB in Heart #7>>>
  • 13:50 Soo is holding baby Seol. Yet is very weak.  <<<UH OH>>>  Jung is very worried. The doctor doesn’t seem to have good news.
  • 14:30 King Gwangjong is doing his good kingly duties when the letter is brought to his attention. It is given to him as a letter from Jung. He just tosses it aside like the other ones he has received from Jung. Jung even sent someone, but So won’t hear them. <<<Stab in Heart-with a slight twist #8.  Quit being so freaking stubborn So.  I also wondered why Jung just didn’t go himself.  I mean, he would go to the palace when his mom was dying, etc. >>>
  • 15:40 Jung tries to comfort Soo as she wonders why So hasn’t responded to any of her messages. He wants her to go outside and enjoy the flowers and music he has prepared. <<<oh my…here come my tears>>> The musicians said they want to sing a song that the King heard when he knew he fell in love with a court lady.  It's Soo's song. <<<DEEP STAB IN HEART #9>>> The song plays….the flashbacks happen…the tears flow…richard simmons MLSHR…kill me now!  Ruin any shred my heart had left to beat.
  • 19:10 Soo makes Jung promise to protect her daughter and not let her in the Palace. And the DEATH SONG STARTS TO PLAY <<<OH richard simmons…where is SO??? Hurry the &*(& up!!! I’m not getting "at least he gets to hold her one more time BEFORE she dies???" Stab in Heart #10>>> Jung wants her to remember him in her next life.  She says she will forget everything. Soo dies…knowing that So did not come for her.  DEEP DEEP STAB in the HEART #11.  Jung cries, we all cry.  This FREAKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 21:53 So finds out. He also finds out that those Jung letters were HER letters all along. So many of them.  He opens them all.  Reads them.  And falls apart.  <<<we ALL FALL APART….the words…the flashbacks…just stab my heart and kill me again.  Stab in HEART #12>>>  So/Gwangjong races to Jung’s house on horseback. 

BREAK TIME….ok her words….”I hope to meet you again in the garden”….it’s gonna happen….right…??? In some future time????? Right???? Oh Please….for my sanity?????Image result for hope

• 24:35 A tearful frowning Jung is caressing Soo’s funeral Urn. Stab in Heart #13. BA arrives and receives a letter. So runs in and demands to see Soo. He keeps yelling “where are you?” Stab in the Heart #14.  Jung is pissed that So never came. So tells Jung he didn’t know that Soo’s letters were inside of his.  Jung said you still should have known because you were watching us.  BA tells Jung that since they were getting along so well, Gwangjong stopped getting notifications. So….grabs the Urn and wants to take Soo.

Let’s go,” he says, “She may be dead but she is my person.”

<<<UGHHUGHGHGIGH DEEP DEEP DEEP STAB IN THE HEART #15>>>

Jung doesn’t want to let his wife go, but BA reminds him that Soo loved So and would want to be with him.  BA reminds Jung that Soo spent her whole life trying to make sure the brothers would get along. And we find out that Jung really did love Soo.  Stupid man!  <<<Is MLSHR filled with stupid people??>>>

BREAK TIME….I need moreImage result for kleenexKleenex! Ok…There is still 25 minutes left to this show….Deep breath…that CAN mean something right????  She can be reincarnated.  He can travel to the future. They can find each other? Right??? Or what????DRBrTEc.png<<<Yes BA I know>>>

• 28:45 So/Gwangjong is standing lakeside at their meeting place…holding her urn. Here come the MLSHR flashbacks.  Stab in Heart #16.I won’t leave,” said Soo.  UH..what…she JUST did writers!!!
  • 29:50 A bearded Won is getting his due. They are making him drink poison. BA is present to give Chae Ryung’s letter to him.  <<<Wait…they are letting him be human before he dies??? – here come the flashbacks of their relationship>>> OMG…Won says “Stupid girl?” No stabbing heart here…Won you deserved your punishment.
  • 32:30 BA arrives at Wook’s house.  He sees Wook’s daughter who will be his future wife, Bok Soon. She has WooHee’s talisman. And here come BA/WooHee flashbacks.  Nice…but I don’t want them.
  • 34:55 An ill Wook arrives to walk with BA. <<<note…I never noticed how tall BA is...compared to Kang Ha Neul>>> And Wook talks about King So and his successes. BA reminds him that So has had to give up a lot. He asks Wook if he still thinks about Hae Soo. Wook claims he is aware of his mistakes. And here we go with Wookie flashbacks…which just have Lady Hae in them. Phew.  Heart is OK. 
  • 37:50 Yeon Hwa is mad at Gwangjong for ignoring the Crown Prince Ju’s Birthday. He tells her he knows that her son and her are his enemy and that they will do something against him at some point. Yeon Hwa is also mad that So is still pining over Hae Soo and freeing slaves because of her.  You can see that Yeon Hwa is/was hoping for more out of him, and she tries to wound him with claiming she knows why Hae Soo left him. <<<I’m reminded of “It’s hard to be by your side, your majesty.” Even his one last “ally” is abandoning him.>>>  Heart is in neutral state.  

BREAK TIME:  Blow nose. OK…all the last 3 scenes should have had Image result for Three years later or something before them. Frankly…I didn’t need ANY of those scenes.  WHERE THE HELL IS SOO/SO??

• 39:35 So/Gwangjong is lakeside again. In their spot again. UGH…Stop it MLSHR.  Up runs a cute little girl that runs into So.  She grabs her head and says, “Ouch.”  <<<flashback….when her mommy did the same thing...ahhh good memories!! >>> So is smiling though.  And comes down to her level.  And looks closely.  Jung runs up and the little girl calls him father. So puts 2 and 2 together and figures out Seol is his CHILD.  <<<Might my heart be repaired????>>>  Leave the child,” he demands. Jung falls to his knees and says he is bound to protect Seol from the palace.  It was Soo’s dying wish. Gwangjong, with all the emotion of just discovering he has a child to wanting to protect her as well, releases Jung from his exile and asks him to visit every so often. And then... he... walks.... away.  STAB IN HEART #17
  • 43:40  <<<Uh oh we are running out of time>>> JiMong wants to leave the Palace. He tells So that Soo wasn’t of this world. And leaves. <<<why does HE get to leave??? – Flashbacks again. I want some flashforwards>>> Music changes….and I start to get REALLY EXCITED…OK…HERE IT COMES….RIGHT???>>>
  • 46:20 ECLIPSE!!! Even the music tone is encouraging!! FLASHBACKS OF SO/SOO…OMG…HERE WE GO…THEY ARE GONNA MEET IN THE FUTURE…RIGHT. Right ….????  HTGv4yq.png<<<Yes Won, I know I am>>>
  • 47:10 Soo wakes up from dream.  She has tears running down her face. She doesn’t understand why.  It’s all modern day around her.  The music is light. We hear a man’s voice. It’s not SO. <<<Dammit>>> Soo is back to selling cosmetics. And wondering about her dreams of a masked man. She sees a man give a speech about Goryeo cosmetics. It’s JiMong. <<<It’s damn JIMONG…I didn’t WANT HIM. Stab in Heart #18>>> He tells her that there are no coincidences, that things return to their own place.  She hears BA’s voice in her head. <<<I am starting to get excited>>>….and she even hears So’s voice….<<<OK  c’mon….NOW bring SO out NOW…we only have 10 minutes!!!!!!>>>
  • 51:00 Soo passes the Goryeo exhibit and gets her own flashbacks.  She looks at each picture and remembers… everything! <<<I almost cannot breathe!!  It’s gonna happen!!  She’s remembering…OMG…PLEASE!!!  All these FLASHBACKS!!!!>>> And then she turns to see HIS portrait. So…the one she loves….staring at her…from a painting. STAB IN Heart #19. She turns and sees another painting…where he is standing alone in front of the palace.  STAB in Heart #20. Tears falls while she says “I’m sorry for leaving you alone.”  She falls to the ground.  <<<I still can barely breathe>>> They zoom into the painting….and we see So standing in front of the palace…during the Eclipse.  <<<OK...here we go!!  Wait...BA shows up???>>> BA tells So that Wook has died.  And that he is planning on leaving as well. <<<<Wait….STOP LEAVING SO!!!!!!!!!!!!>>> So turns and looks devastated. He mutters “fleeting life.”

And then MLSHR adds in this scene….flashback So & Soo walking lakeside…talking about fleeting life and being anxious.  If we would have met in another world and another time…” <<<OK is IT GONNA HAPPEN????? HOPEFUL???? C'mon ANOTHER TIME!!!>>>

Back to So in Eclipse time….He wipes his makeup off his scar. Stares into the camera and says….

If you and I are not from the same world, I will find you, My Soo.”  

AND….AND…

The End.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHAT THE HELL??????????????  kill crazy rabbitSTAB IN THE HEART #∞

And then the happy EXO song plays…And we see Soo & So piggyback ride down their path!!! Running and laughing….and END.  UGH!!!

WHAT?  THAT WAS IT??????????????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHERE IS THERE FUTURE MEETING??????????? WHERE IS THE HANKIE??????????? SO WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET HER IN THE GORYEO ROOM IN FRONT OF HIS PORTRAIT WITH A HANKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOOK had died…does that mean HE gets to go to the future???

STAB MY ALREADY DEAD HEART.  I’M DEAD. <<<DOES THAT MEAN I CAN TRANSPORT TO GORYEO???>>>

This show….really did a number on my emotional sanity for a while.  I was a really sad bumpkin for days/weeks afterward. I couldn’t talk about it or think about it without crying.  I still cry rewatching and typing right now. Is it a testament to how strongly I connected to the characters or how much I needed a happy ending and did not receive it or was it my frustration with the storyline and its resolution?  Did the amazing cinematography and excessive use of close-ups have me overly bond with the actors? Or a combo of it all?

Am I glad I met the characters in MLSHR? Yes. Getting to experience Wang So? Thank goodness for Lee Joon Gi making me forever believe that :wub:WANG SO IS LOVE™:wub: !!  Am I glad to have gone on this journey of 20 Episodes in this drama…..reluctantly…yes. Do I wish it had a better ending?…yes and no.  Did I want a sequel?  The first couple of months afterward… Hell Yes.   I would still love a revisit of Wang So in some format.  I don’t need So/Soo as much as I just need Wang So to be happy. And Eun & Soon Deok to be happy.  And Court Lady Oh to be happy.

I’m so honored that @antoniaclamens and @bluelilac1214 labored and fangirled through this 20 Episode Re(take) Journey with me!  I know there were others who gave their input here and there and I appreciate that as well!  This is a special drama.  I don’t recommend it to everyone.  Only those I feel that can handle the pain. But I do wax on about Wang So! <<<ergo...Lee Joon Gi>>>

Wang So is LOVE™!!   Maybe someday I will meet him again!a3eSCs4.png

You Better.... Wang So...

• Like 2

On 28.2.2018 at 4:20 AM, pixelsticks said:

MLSHR Reactions Around the World

I will be a hypocrite if i will say that i don't want the money but with hardwork you will certainly have lots of it so i will choose the scarlet ryeo/hwarang guys. Finding the perfect/right guy, you know when you have that someone who loves you more than he loves himself is more than winning the lottery.  And if i were to choose only one, it will be So. Not because of LJG but because of his qualities. Also, he had me when he said "i will find you" at the end. Being a one-man woman, i can't not consider its meaning.

Scarlet Heart Ryeo left a beautiful scar/mark in my heart when it comes to watching dramas.

To be honest, until now, it's still upsetting sometimes when you think about how they ended it but the ending made the drama just meaningful and memorable and it's actually the purpose of a drama so it just successfully showed its purpose.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

Dear Chingus I’m late! Was busy with RL and managed to read the last episode’s retake. U all are fantastic! I’m not good with words but till now MLSHR has left a deep impact on me. Wang So is definitely real, not just because he was portrayed by LJG (ok Jg’s Handsome face helped) but just felt like watching the show is like going through So’s life story and ups and downs. It is so beautifully tragic. I often ask myself would i be so sad if the ending was a happy ending? The ending totally Mirrors real life that’s why it’s so sad. 

The love story between So Soo was well written because they started off as good friends so there was no danger of infatuation having seen each other at their worst. It is during these times when Love was built up from friendship. I was particularly moved by So Soo’s love. Even though they were not husband and wife they were man and woman. Not bound by marriage but by pure love. How many people can truly say they love each other without marriage? Though YH was his official wife, she never had his love. Is it torturous to marry a man whose heart did not fully belong to you? 

But I still feel the reasons for parting not valid. It was something I couldn’t comprehend. They loved each other so much yet can stand to be apart for so long? Wouldn’t their hearts break? It was easy for So - he thought she didn’t love him. But how hard it must be on Soo, pining and thinking of the man she loved, reminiscing their happy moments together yet not being able to see him. She literally begged him to see her through the letters. But her wish was never fulfilled. 

I really loved Mlshr and cried many many times watching the show. I only watched it once because I couldn’t bring myself to experience all of it again. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, summer2017 said:

The love story between So Soo was well written because they started off as good friends so there was no danger of infatuation having seen each other at their worst. It is during these times when Love was built up from friendship. I was particularly moved by So Soo’s love. Even though they were not husband and wife they were man and woman. Not bound by marriage but by pure love. How many people can truly say they love each other without marriage?

They had a very good solid foundation. That is one of the reasons why their union is perfect. 

4 hours ago, summer2017 said:

Though YH was his official wife, she never had his love. Is it torturous to marry a man whose heart did not fully belong to you? 

In reality, there are people who marry for power and money and i am not a fan of it. I don't understand it, to be honest. My stance is that we only live once so why compromise? But that's just me. In YH's case, i think for her the torture is worth it. At the end of the day, it boils down to one's preference.

In history YH or Queen Daemok had a lot of power. So it was natural in those days I think for her to marry for power. But I couldn’t stand the way she plotted and instigated Wook to destroy So Soo’s love. 

14 hours ago, summer2017 said:

In history YH or Queen Daemok had a lot of power. So it was natural in those days I think for her to marry for power. But I couldn’t stand the way she plotted and instigated Wook to destroy So Soo’s love. 

What she did is selfishness at its finest but if you think of it, it is also the very definition of YH. To understand why she did that is to understand why there are bad things that exist in this world. And the picture is more than that so i suggest that let's just leave it like that.

On 3/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, antoniaclamens said:

No matter how many times i watched this episode. It hurts the same... or more. I remember the first time i watched it i couldn´t understand much because i was live streaming and i shout: I wish she dies and GJ lives suffering all alone forever and ever... i don´t care anymore. Well and angel passed and said amen. And i was so mortified because i did care. a lot.

Wow!  You had the power of Soompi suggestion even way back then?  :wink:

Then So goes to see the truth himself and first is worried because Soo seems to be in pain, then he's hurt/angry because Soo and Jung are sharing a room and are laughing and noisy and talking about Jung's body! first time Jung slept in the same room with Soo and So has to witness it!

Ugh... I know.  I remember not knowing if GJ heard the Jung "baby" reference or not.  If he had...and he had not just bust forth and gone towards her...I would have been REALLY mad.  

Soo is pregnat and she's about to die and all she thinks is So. Why did she leave him? while not spend her last days with the one she loves? why is the drama so cruel to us?

It's all so Seol won't have to be a Princess and deal with all that Palace crap. And be another foil in Gwangjong's life. <<<keep reminding myself>>>

Now I wonder, why didn´t Jung look for So himself and tell him the truth? I mean he always left his home when he wanted, why didn´t he do it now? because it would help So?

I had the same thoughts.  2 reasons hit me....Nice thought: Jung wanted to stay next to Soo due to her fragile condition and that she had someone she cared for around her. Mean thought: Jung subconsciously wanted Soo to himself and not repair the So/Soo line.  But where the hell was BA during all this?  Why wouldn't he know...and say SOMETHING??? Unless he was promised to secrecy as well....but c'mon!!

He stayed out of his 2 favorite people's lives???? For 9+months???

This is so So. Don´t you remember when Queen was dying and he said his revenge would be telling lovely stories about them? Now he's spreading stories about him and Soo?

Ahh....so this should have made Soo feel some love before she died. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, antoniaclamens said:

The sadness in his eyes... you can feel his grief... So died and he wasn´t with her, her words haunt him: "I'm not alone, so I'll be fine. You're here, Your Highness, so why am I alone?" ,  "I won't leave. I... won't leave."

Quit making me cry again. 

On 3/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, antoniaclamens said:

So sees the hairpin and realized who was the little girl.

Heck yes he does. blush crazy rabbit

On 3/13/2018 at 8:44 PM, antoniaclamens said:

This sequence is something that actually happened or something that happened in her original time frame but not anymore... because in this reality he's standing all alone...

I think it was to show the power of Soo's love...and what it accomplished. 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:44 PM, antoniaclamens said:

This drama can´t be compared. This drama is unique. The feelings, the emotions that it stirs are so deep. I know i can´t say it's perfect.. i complain a lot about it to say so. But this drama has the perfect mix of right and wrong for me. It's imperfections suit me.

Well said!  It's a LOVE/HATE thing at times. Will we be driven to wax on about another drama in the future???  Time will tell! 

Again...thank you for taking weeks/months out of your personal time to reminisce with me. 

• Like 1