[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

i watch an IU cut with subtitles for special episode and in the end LJG said that Wangso feel a maternal instinct from Haesoo and make his wall that he build protecting himself from people crumbling down and he fall in love...

i just love what he said.. not attraction or sexual tension but he just felt love and care from her.. its just purest thing that anybody ever done to him that make Haesoo the most important person in his life even before he fall in love to her.. that's why he felt protective toward her cause she different from others..

just how much obsessive he can be that even LJG admit that?? lol even IU said that this is saeguk drama but it have many real couple argument .. it must be because of Haesoo affection with other prince even not romantically.. he just can't stand that i guess.. lol it must be interesting to see when they actually became a couple.. hahaha

• Like 15

Just had to delurk... I'm watching this show only bcos of Lee JunKi and wasnt impressed much after the 3 eps, even though LJK did a stellar job, the pro that he is. May I be "reengaged"? (Did production team openly admit they did a poor job with editing?)

Pls kind souls, point me to the director's cut and live stream? I want to be convinced this drama is worth watching!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

@pwnkl Thank you for posting that song. Initially I was kind of shock that the song was used for a saeguk...but now I really liked it. :) 

Hide contents

Based on the song, Haesoo and Wang So will be together in the future?....maybe she won't remember him? But his reincarnation has all the memories of his past life? The souls meeting again?

I really loved that song! I hadn't really paid attention to the lyrics until you pointed them out. They do seem really significant when I match them with the plot.

C-DRAMA SPOILER ALERT!!!

In the Chinese version, they ended with Ruoxi (Haesoo's counterpart in the c-drama) dying from an illness and heading back to the future where she woke up from her coma and met a guy who looked like the 4th Prince when she went to the museum to check if she really existed in the time period. He obviously didn't recognize her, and they parted ways with her just looking after him crying. I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN IN THE KOREAN VERSION. That has too many loose ends and it's too sad after everything the two have gone through together in their other life. //bawling  

I don't think I'll be able to live with that ending. The lyrics to the OST make me believe that Haesoo did end up returning to her own time, where she met her lover again. One of them still has their memories, the other doesn't remember (yet), since the lyrics are saying that one of them will wait for the other to remember. I hope that we will get a well-wrapped up closing with the two recognizing each other through time, even if that seems a bit far-fetched. Plus some interaction... Please, please don't let Scarlet Heart: Ryeo be like the dramas/movies that end with just the two making eye contact from far away. It's too unsatisfactory.

As for Yeonhwa...Wang So will probably end up marrying her, but the series may or may not show the marriage. Like another user pointed out earlier, So probably married her after Haesoo died in order to follow history. I can't imagine her and Haesoo living in the same household at the same time as official wife and concubine respectively. I feel like the concept won't be that popular with SK viewers- Why must the lead female be forced to lead a life as a lowly concubine, even if she has the guy's love? At least, it isn't appealing to me. Yeonhwa also definitely hates Haesoo, evident from their first meeting. It certainly wouldn't make life pleasant if she's being bullied.

Side note [Regarding the official mv for that OST]: The particular moment shown at 0:53 and that song felt so right that I was clutching my heart every time I listened and watched because I couldn't contain the feels. I still am, after over 20 watches

I look forward to discussing episode 4 with you guys when it airs!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, chingu0825 said:

BTW, this kinda reminded me of the Chinese movie "Time to love".

BTW, It looks like three eps aired this week, why?

It's because that movie also was based on the novel of Tong Hua (writer), very different from the original material but took some points. Last week were 3 episodes on SBS because a week before the previous drama on the timeslot didn't aired because of the Olympics…so they need to fix some things and released a double episode on Monday (ep.1 and 2)…the other episode on Tuesday (ep. 3). This week and the upcoming ones we will have 2 episodes a week. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

It's because that movie also was based on the novel of Tong Hua (writer), very different from the original material but took some points. Last week were 3 episodes on SBS because a week before the previous drama on the timeslot didn't aired because of the Olympics…so they need to fix some things and released a double episode on Monday (ep.1 and 2)…the other episode on Tuesday (ep. 3). This week and the upcoming ones we will have 2 episodes a week. 

actually it's not because Doctors drama, they aired 3 episode MLSHR 3 episode last week.

from begining, MLSHR confirmed released date airing on 29th August. ONE ASIA also promote this drama will air on 29th August 2 episode back to back. so Doctors drama must ended 1 week before MLSHR release date airing. Because of the Olympics, Doctors aired double episode on Monday (episode 18 & 19) & final on 23th August (episode 20).

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Niki Azia said:

actually it's not because Doctors drama, they aired 3 episode MLSHR 3 episode last week.

from begining, MLSHR confirmed released date airing on 29th August. ONE ASIA also promote this drama will air on 29th August 2 episode back to back. so Doctors drama must ended 1 week before MLSHR release date airing. Because of the Olympics, Doctors aired double episode on Monday (episode 18 & 19) & final on 23th August (episode 20).

But SBS wasn't planning to respect the date (August 29th) that was announced months before. I remember we were panicking here :lol: because ONE TV decided to air 2 episodes on Monday (August 29th) and SBS (days after ONE TV announcement) said: "we can't confirm the date for Moon Lovers"…and Lee Jun Ki (in the V live with KHN and HJH) said that also. Imagine that…spoilers everywhere. Thanks God it didn't turn out like that. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, kookiemonsta said:

Just had to delurk... I'm watching this show only bcos of Lee JunKi and wasnt impressed much after the 3 eps, even though LJK did a stellar job, the pro that he is. May I be "reengaged"? (Did production team openly admit they did a poor job with editing?)

Pls kind souls, point me to the director's cut and live stream? I want to be convinced this drama is worth watching!!

Is not much of a difference with the original released version but is better. SBS only said that they will re-edit the episodes for a better understanding of the story...because people were saying that the story was hard to understand and also they fix in the re-edit version some ost that were distracting. @MadraRua uploaded the episodes.

• Like 11

I have the theory that Haesoo traveled in time with a purpose, to help Wangso be the king of Goryeo. Before she arrived he wasn't interested in be the king, so I think she will play an important part of his decision to reach the throne. 

One of the main reasons that attract me to watch MLSHR, apart of see Lee Joon Ki, is the thing about travel in time. I watch Outlander a serie about Claire, a woman who also travel in time, and is mesmerizing how develops the love story between her and Jamie, and how they sacrifice everything for the well being of the other. 

• Like 12