[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

22 minutes ago, lazyme2day said:

Hi Everyone,

In regards to a sequel, I think there would be a slightly greater chance if fans request the sequel from NBC Universal Television Group or the other production companies (YG Entertainment,  BaramiBunda inc., and GT Entertainment).

SBS is just a platform to broadcast the drama after buying the rights to show it on television. From SBS's viewpoint, they need revenue from advertisements, if advertisers know that not many viewers are watching, then there's no point in them advertising on that channel, which means SBS won't get enough income from local advertisers in Korea.

The production companies are the ones to invest and produce the dramas, in terms of how they earn revenue on it, I'm not quite sure. They can either sell the drama for a high/ profitable price to broadcasters.  But from what I understand is that not all dramas get to broadcast, the broadcasters have to weigh the risks with the ratings as they either made the right call (chose a good drama with high ratings) or a bad call (chose a drama that they thought was good to sustain high viewership, but ended up with low ratings). So my two cents would be not to ask SBS, but request the production companies to produce another sequel.

Moreover, if the drama is doing much better internationally, I think it would be better to ask other broadcasters to air the drama instead of SBS, like Netflix or other Asian broadcasters.

So another question would be, how would we be able to catch the production companies' attention that a DEMAND for a sequel from a lot of viewers around the world is present?  (Sadly) Unless we are able to do that, I don't think we'll be able to see a sequel.  Of course, if we are rich, we'll just invest money into the sequel ourselves. :lol:

I think some Korean dramas that managed to do sequels, still took a year or two to produce after its first season.

I think the TV rating was just too hyped up. Technically this drama was doing well in Korea as well. It was number 1 on CPI rating in couple of weeks in Sept and regained the top spot from the 10th of Oct. CPI ratings covers wider data which includes online live streaming.

For TV it was number 1 on its last 4 episodes.  This drama is probably the most profitable even before  its initial broadcast.

• Like 15

I know people love sequel for this drama. For me this drama is epic as it is. I think a sequel would ruin this beautiful drama. 

If you repeat the whole thing and pay attention to every dialoque, every movement and facial expression, you would probably understand what I am talking about. Seriously, those zoom shots have purpose.

But if they release BTS, it would be a delight. I am positive there are going to release special episodes, just a matter of time. 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, sese nur said:

We must screnshoot our frustation comments in here and there then send it to PD nim or moon lovers staff as a reminder that they having a debt should be pay

Welcome to our world. I take it you caught our virus? 

It's incurable & there's no turning back! (BWAH ha ha ha...)

• Like 10

17 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:
  Hide contents

congrats for luring a guy into watching this hahahaha..

oh yes apathy... when i looked it up just to be sure, it was also the same from what i read before somewhere, "the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference...",  (those self help books, i might need it now hahaha) i thought leaving WS by HS means she wanted to save the love she had for him and preventing it to turn into hate or regret... but then she realized what she did was the cruelest thing to him, she gave up on him.. “The opposite of love isn’t hate. It was to abandon.” ... i thought, "ah, yes it was still the same thing in a sense..."

but then for the child she's carrying, we cant blame her...

yet after she realized this, letters keep pouring for WS to see him... too sad, WS is somehow an idiot.. we cant blame him.. too much hurt from HS leaving him and the jealousy towards WJ and HS close relationship... i somehow understand him though i am so pissed off when he didnt ask the spy if HS is sick, i realized as i also went through all those things (therefore im an idiot too hahaha).. any news just kills you inside, so you have to stop asking what's happening..

as for LJG and LJE, coincidences or not, i hope they keep on meeting.... ooooh!!! i wanna hear news of them together in IU's concert or LJG's fanmeeting... hahaha... :wub:

i totally agree....

Su leaving just like when she explain to So when she accepted Jung proposal that if they stay together the only thing left is hatred and not love so she choose to leave but i think at that point So can't register anything and he just so loss in term of coping that Su might leave him... its take Wook to make So give up in holding Su on palace.... 

but i think So possessiveness really showing that when he goes to see Su and Jung he himself saw that Su is sick but that night jealousy just make him blind.. both So and Su play a part in why they can't see each other in the end but the biggest reason is Jung... well we have the letter and he did send someone and why can't he told the person that he send want to address the king about Su... i think no matter how mad So is he will listen if its concern Su but drama is just like that.. 

it doest't really make sense..... even when So crying and Jung address the spy he just realize how silly he is all this time and by the time BA said about the night that So saw both Su and Jung sleep in the same room he just totally loss it.. in the end his jealousy eat him alive..... but nobody right and nobody wrong.. 

if its meant for them to meet in the end they will meet but they don't meant to see each other...... up to the end fate screwed them so hard..... So and Su might be the most deserving couple to get a little happiness but nope...... its just so cruel.......

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, violet90 said:

if its meant for them to meet in the end they will meet but they don't meant to see each other...... up to the end fate screwed them so hard..... So and Su might be the most deserving couple to get a little happiness but nope...... its just so cruel.......

image.gif The thought that they didnt mutually say their goodbyes before she died in Goryeo and that she can't even go to his grave(because it's in N.Korea) in the present are very depressing thoughts indeed.Why oh why is fate playing such a cruel game with them?Our SoSoo couple-fated to meet and love each other but not fated to stay together til the end.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, redlion said:

After finished watching BTS scenes..... I envy the casts stylist.... I envy them because they can touch the artists here and there....... :sweatingbullets: 

If I were the costume designer, I would deliberately design So's wardrobe extra complicated, no one could dress him up except me. Ufufufu

• Like 9

Just now, dramu51ch0c10ve said:
The thought that they didnt mutually say their goodbyes before she died in Goryeo and that she can't even go to his grave(because it's in N.Korea) in the present are very depressing thoughts.Why oh why is fate playing such a cruel game with them?Our SoSoo couple-fated to meet and love each other but not fated to stay together til the end.

i know!!! i already watch BBJX but that drama don't even come close with the heartbreak that i feel when our OTP suffering.. both drama is great and BBJX show us more on palace plot and relationship between RX and the prince but ML focus on more on OTP... so when i watch the ending and both So and Su suffer without each other just kill me inside... its really cruel on how fate saying a love story transcend time but later on separate them till the end... on top of that Su left a child that So always wanted but even he can't claim as his and he can just see her from afar.. a child from their love together....

its just so sad..... i don't think any love story more tragic than this......

• Like 13

8 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Hahahaha! Omg, truer words have never been spoken. It was sooo bad. HOWEVER, I think I might (soon ->) hit the desperate point where I'd be okay with a horrible sequel like that just to get to see SoSoo together again. I'm not there yet, but I feel it's a comin'. 

7 hours ago, antiherofans said:

I am so desperate, I'll watch anything with Wang So in it. 

I'll even watch Baseball with Wang So :bawling:

My conditions for a TERRIBLE EPIC sequel before I will watch it: 

(1)  Must have baseball in every episode -- it's #1 for a reason (I hate it with a penchant).

(2)  Must have JM as WS's best friend & YH as his fiance  (don't hate me)

(3)  Must have bad hairstyle or sideburns  (tho' not on my leading man) 

(4)  Must have product placement  (PPL)

6 hours ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

How dare you blaspheme in this thread! *throws holy water*

OOPS! Are we still "friends"?

• Like 8

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's, Please Don't forget to vote for Moon Lovers .  It is one of the best dramas that has aired this year. This was 20 episode drama and This thread beat Empress Ki thread when they had 51 episode. If we also had 51 episode we could have had gotten more viewers. 

http://www.koreandrama.org/the-best-korean-drama-of-2016/

This vote system is cheating again. It says we can vote once daily. I voted yesterday around this time. Few minutes ago  I tried to vote but was denied. It  my I already vote.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, redlion said:

After finished watching BTS scenes..... I envy the casts stylist.... I envy them because they can touch the artists here and there....... :sweatingbullets: 

My sister said she wants to quit her job and fly to Korea. She doesnt mind doing menial jobs as long as she can touch Jun Ki. muakakakakak!!

• Like 13

Honestly I would hope that with them having a deal with Netflix they would go back and do either 25 episodes OR extended director's cut episodes (including original ending). THAT would be the perfect place for them to release scenes that we haven't seen yet. Being on Netflix means they're going to have a wider audience range that will most likely see it.

I myself have several people who are interested in watching it once it's on Netflix.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, misspiggie said:

My conditions for a TERRIBLE EPIC sequel before I will watch it: 

(1)  Must have baseball in every episode -- it's #1 for a reason (I hate it with a penchant).

(2)  Must have JM as WS's best friend & YH as his fiance  (don't hate me)

(3)  Must have bad hairstyle or sideburns  (tho' not on my leading man) 

(4)  Must have product placement  (PPL)

OOPS! Are we still "friends"?

Hahaha give me another week without any news I will gladly accept your terms!

Okay, gladly was pushing it, but I'd watch the hell out of that. Baseball, isoi signs everywhere, subway for every meal, jung's epic flowing sideburns, JM and YH in every scene, bring it on! But give me OTP happy ending, dammit!!

• Like 9

I think we should start planning something special leading up to our 40,000th posting !!!  I didn't realize we are only 75 postings away! 

Maybe @MAROSA_JIN can give us a few epic screen captures for the 39,998* to 40,001 postings! 

* I believe 39,998 is the record for the 4th place right now. 

After that, we can break out the subs, apples, ramens ... and herbal rice too!!!

Look! We are almost at 2,000 pages too!!! 

I'm sure things will begin to slow down but will pick up again in around 12 hours...here we go!!! See you my fellow eclipses for the epic celebration!

• Like 8