[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

The more I look at those new stills,  combined with the fact how much story there is still to tell (based on the preview), the more I suspect that they will stick to the original novel and there will be no reincarnation, no waking up for HS in the modern times. Plus there is the fact that HS told no one that that she is from the modern times, unlike the cdrama,

v6oLQNw.jpg

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

I have a feeling that its either 1) its a dream that HS saw before she died since WS didn't come to her before her dying breath or 2) that when she was dying it was a flashback to the happy moments she had with WS or 3) after reading that HS died and WS broke down, he started to remember his moments with HS (like the cversion did)

Still, i want to believe that it will happen not just a dream or memory flash back.  Miracle still happens, correct writernim? Pdnim? ( stubornly believing into something good will happen tonight). 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, liddi said:

@moonlovertales I agree with you about the importance of Soo's monologues, exactly because she does not verbalise her thoughts to those around her much at all. However, I find editing to be a real issue as well, particularly in Ep19. This time, the SBS version does not do Soo any favours... even phrases within a sentence that she actually says in the international version, was truncated in SBS's.

For example, when So tells her about the marriage edict, the nuances in Soo's explanation as to why she wanted to leave is different: 

International: "Now... Although I see you daily and smile... I am afraid... sometimes, even hate you."
SBS: "Now... Although I see you daily and smile... Sometimes, I even hate you."

The international version allows us to see that it is fear that is driving her... that she could not bear the thought that if she stayed on, they would reach a stage where all that remains of their relationship is hate and disgust. This is not translated well in the SBS version, and all we see is Soo hating So, but not the fear of the fact that she has started to feel thus, and that the only way she knows to preserve the sanctity of their love and the beautiful memories she treasures, is by leaving.

This is exactly the reason why I think IU has recorded monologues for HS but they have knowingly not used it at all, why? We may never know unless the editor/pd answers our queries themselves. This is mainly the reason I cannot hate HS the character since IMHO she has been done a HUGE disservice by the writer/pd. I can't defend nor support her until I know properly what was actually filmed and written for her v/s what was shown to us at the end.

It's truly unfortunate to see them destroy their own main lead like this when they have done so well with the second leads like So and Wook. Oh well, no use crying over split milk in this case. I'll just have to take my own interpretation based on the multiple versions.

Btw, has anyone complied all the different versions of an episode into one? I'm planning on downloading all the 1080p episodes after it ends tonight so I wanted to know how many versions and where I'll need to go to download it. 

• Like 8

Who wants to join me in the attack against PD and writer for ruining the last arc of the drama and trolling us with a happy ending that will never be ? Don't worry it won't be anything serious, we'll just do the same things WS did to WY, make him go crazy. 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Okay, I just watch the re-run episode 19  and I have to say this , last night I was to emotional to watch. I don't even get the story.

But I can see clearly now (without the tears and the sobbing) :sweatingbullets:

WH death, well, I know this is her last political move but I just realize she also feel guilty. She just get adopted into a new clan (I forget the name) so she no longer a Baekje. But in her heart, she is always the princess to her people. How can she live happily as BA's wife with a new clan but her people is dying. After all she is the last princess of Baekje. So she choose to die to save everyone.

Hae Soo & WS. This is where my bias start to cloud my judgment.

Hae Soo has told WS REPEATEDLY that she want to leave the palace and she told him the real reason. But he choose not to listen to her. And for her last effort to make him understand, she choose to accept Jung's proposal.

And the last one, how good is LJG portraying the broken heart king. He looks so hurt, disappointed, angry, and defeated when he realize Wook-Soo past relationship. So much pain for Wang So.

With woo hee's death, turned a bloody riot to somewhat looked like our crying riot last night hehe 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

that is just tragic. :bawling:

It's either a flashback, a hallucination, a dream or a fantasy; either way there is no way this is going to be happy.  Or some very bad PD's attempt at a "happy" ending fantasy. Either way, this show taught me to always expect the worst-case scenarios. At this point, I can't muster even a hint of optimism.

• Like 19

Episode 20 preview:

Is it weird if I can't cry or feel anything after watching this, because I have been used to the sad aspect of the story in those 19 episodes?

Episode 20 still cuts:

Those piggyback pics, Hae Soo's hairstyle is in the same style as when she was still in palace. That's why I'm trying to convince myself that it will be a flashback or imagination either from Wang So / Gwangjong or Hae Soo...

I don't want a crappy open-ending. I will be heartbroken if that piggyback is the ending scene of this final episode...

Edited by cancergirl87
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Still, i want to believe that it will happen not just a dream or memory flash back.  Miracle still happens, correct writernim? Pdnim? ( stubornly believing into something good will happen tonight). 

Lol I want to wish miracles can happen but from the trailer and if they are following close to the cversion ending. WS will break down after receiving the news of HS death and when he arrived she's already cremated. I gave up hoping for a happy ending in goryeo maybe there will be a happy ending in modern day instead. that's what I hope for. Maybe its a dream or a flashback when WS is dying like his father seeing Lady Oh before he dies and calls out her name, WS will see HS and those happy moments before he dies and calls out her name and YH will be all pissed saying she stuck with him and all he ever love was HS

• Like 7

I stumbled on this blog. Those who bashed and hate Soo, please read. I can't really bear that Soo character will be hated and bashed. She suffered enough! I cried a lot because my heart goes deeply with her. ( are we really this involved with MLSHR that we even defended a kdrama character? Lol!)

http://overthinkingkdrama.tumblr.com/post/152546803617/scarlet-heart-ryeo-episodes-16-18

• Like 8

Hello eclipse... 
This is my first post on soompi….
First, I just want to say thank you for everything. if I survive till now its all because of you guys.
Second, sorry for my bad English.because this is my first time.

http://imgur.com/Zgiu8My

http://imgur.com/lM8R718

http://imgur.com/dXBZE3d

This is my point of view about Hea soo and her actions:
Read, some awesome analysis here that perfectly compare episode 4 & 18 
just want to add something...
there are so many similarities but there is also one big difference 

soo had a chance to help su choosing a right path.
I am sure if she knows everything after queen yo's death .
she said she understands him. and ease his pain, but because it's not done yet soo wants to help su be the best version of himself.
everyone has their own reasons for their choices and actions and sometime those reasons are not acceptable for us but they are precious for them.
this is her way of showing love. Whatever it's wrong & unacceptable for us .

http://imgur.com/Rh5R8Ub

"what If I can change his life ?"(EP 09)

http://imgur.com/uXa5xnU

"from now on you'll not remember as a ruthless king in history , I'll help you "(EP 17)

http://imgur.com/hglRNrA

"If somthing bad happend to queen yo it hunt you forever"(EP 18)

"if you kill anyone else it will return to you as bad luck.if you are too severe in giving out punishment everyone will eventually consider you the enemy.in the future ,I dont want you to be remembered as a bloody monarch."(EP 19)

it's not because she can not undrestand su or take jung's side.
At first glance it seems that only so is important for him...
and for soo Other people are as important as Wang su.
and that's why su's Love is more valuable for us.but they just love each other differently .
He wants to protect soo from the world.
she wants to protect su from the world and especially himself.

I would like to mention another similarity...
the similarity is between Chae-Ryung and Wang so ...

If they ask us when he was starting to fall in love...
There are various answers: 

When he saved soo.(EP 01)

"I want to live, is it a crime?(EP 03)

my answer is stone pile .(EP 04) 

Why?
she was the first person instead of seeing his wrong actions and judge him, asked him why he did them ?
Instead of seeing the evils of su ,soo saw his goodness.
and she was concerned about him .

"I see your monsters,
 I see your pain.
Tell me your problems, 
I'll chase them away.
I'll be your lighthouse. 
I'll make it okay.
When I see your monsters 
I'll stand there so brave, and chase them all away."

"monsters feat. Katie Sky "

and thats when he was starting to fall in love .
What is her reasons to care so much about su in EP 04?
this is who she really is.she just cares about everyone.
and we know she does'nt change.

if Chae-Ryung kills 3 persons he kills +50 monks. 
I know that the part of it was for his family, but he wanted his mother's love at any cost. 
just like her... she had been slave and she was concerned about her family and she wants won's love.
and yes, I am comparing (Mu, Eun, Seon dook) and monks.
because in soo's eye everybody is equal.
I understand wang su.but also understand hea soo.
she understands that Chae-Ryung should be punished, but hate the method.

http://imgur.com/6HEPfFJ

We always say that if we're soo we do things differently.
but let me ask something first...
with your personality, do you start anything with him in the first place ?
me?? No 
I never go after ji mong  (EP 01)
never go after su to return his hairpin in the jungle. (EP 02)
and after so many times that he treats me harshly, I never go near him in stonepil. (EP 04)
so in the end, we do not become lovers.

there are slso so many similarities between EP 12 & EP 19

http://imgur.com/hdq2ukY

http://imgur.com/uqG0sID

“I will not wait for you,” , “This happened to you because you tried to help me,”
She feels bad because she knows how happy he was to be allowed into the palace, but now he’s having to leave because of her.

http://imgur.com/0OCYwfH

http://imgur.com/Pb2Nmvu

"I'm trying to just forget everything through hard labor"
"I’ll help you just the way you helped me, and together, we’ll find a way for you to forget, without having to live in this way "
"even if the one i want to avoid most is You ,your highness" "when I look at you, I'm reminded of everything I'm trying to forget"

EP 19

"if I had not met him...I would not yearn for him."
"if I did not know him...I would not think of him so much."
"if we had not been together...I would not have to disappear."
"if I did not treasur him so much...I would not have so many memories."
"if I did not love him...we would not need to throw each other away"
"if we had not been face to face...we would never have been together."
"perhaps it's better...if I had not met you at all."

because soo felt guilty she thinks she did'nt deserves to have a happy ending and her happy ending is wang so .
and she thinks she brings misfortune if stay near him .
so she distances herself from him.

• Like 16

we hurt the ones we love the most. All Soo ever wants is for WS to not be the king he is known to be. Having the fact that you know the future in the back of your mind and having to keep the person in check is so frustrating. I choose to be on board with our ship, specially on this last day with moon lovers. No more waiting after today, everything is over, lets support the ship! PD didn't show us enough of HS's side and too much of GJ so we can't understand why its happening. I'm just hoping for them to meet in the future, is that too much to askkkkk huhu... :tears: WW is NOT HS's true love. She fell out of love with WW with a single wrong doing and distanced herself. No matter what WS does, HS will ALWAYS love him. The good and the bad. Forever. :mellow: If she loved wook she would drawing an emoticon on the rock not Episode 2 WS 

Now i wait with a heavy heart... to see whats in store for us and our dear OTP 

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, pauexclusive said:

With woo hee's death, turned a bloody riot to somewhat looked like our crying riot last night hehe 

Yes, that is true LOL

Suddenly realize how embarrassing I must look last night (what a mess, with the anger, the cursing, the screaming, the begging, the crying and the last one is lying on the floor with my pillow, sobbing). I cannot be more grateful I watch MLSHR alone :lol:.

• Like 6

Image may contain: 9 people , people smiling , text

Eclipses... It has been a wonderful roller coaster ride. Hope tonight's ride ends well.

I think it is more of PD-nim Writer-nim lifes depending on us.  They should have think about us first.  Their fate will be judged & decided tomorrow ^_^

• Like 13