[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

50 minutes ago, Glamour90 said:

Chingues, I heard Lee Jun Gi is going to have a Vlive app update today, can anyone tell me please it's true or not???

And can someone please give me the live stream link with english subs? I watched from SBS site yesterday and i could understand just a little. Thank you soo much

True 9:10 - 9:55 KST at vapp here is the link to his vapp channel http://www.vlive.tv/channels/FCA51

• Like 6

PD-nim will make me bawl my eyes out in that piggyback scene,won't he?it's that "what-could've-been" scenes where the funeral song played out,isn't it?

Anybody has any tips for swollen eyes?cause I have to teach tomorrow morning and I predict tonight I will get my heart ripped out.they granted me my wish.. :tears:

• Like 8

Happiest birthday @enigmaticangel! I hope you can celebrate your birthday today with the best present from SHR ending!

*chanting a good ending* :wub:

4 more hours to FINAL EPISODE! I'm looking fwd to any news about the private screening too btw! I need to see if they prepare boxes of keenex for those who come hahaha

• Like 6

The ironies in this show. At a point, Wook had chosen his family over Soo - and later his family turned their back on him. How in a way So wanted the throne to protect and have Baek ah and Soo by his side...and now he is ending up alone.

I had expected to be heartbroken by the time the story reached the point where Hae Soo leaves the palace....but i ended up feeling frustrated. i didn't exactly end up understanding or feeling Hae Soo's conflicts. I know the adaptation has not been the best out there, but i thought atleast this crucial arc would be handled well.

I would have been fine if Hae Soo had acknowledged Chae Ryung's betrayal and yet called out So and not forgiven him. I would have been convinced of the separation citing that all this was too much for her to handle. What hit me was she turned a blind eye on the fact that she was being sold out by Chae Ryung and looked at So as some lying criminal. 

Same for her accusing eye at So when she calls him out for planting the dead hawk, completely forgetting what Wook did to Moo and Eun! If Chae Ryung was like her little sister, didn't she consider Moo her elder brother too??? It's not about begging for Wook's life, it's about her treating So differently in similar situations. She loves and cares for the princes equally. So i completely understand her begging for wook's life. She'd have done this for any of the Princes  (that is the only thing i found convincing). But her accusing look towards So contradicts her equal care for the brothers. 

By this time the revelation of her relationship had nearly no effect on me. Given that it was one of the most anticipated scenes for me, i was dissatisfied by it's treatment. I felt more during Wook and Soo's farewell. 

In all this i feel So got a raw deal. Yes, granted he became a ruthleas king....but wasn't he always that? At the end of the day his decisions were backed by motivations to protect his people and his kingdom. He didn't take his citizens for granted and stayed firm on his resolve to protect Baek Ah and Soo. Yes, decisions backfired - as with Woo Hee but his intention was never to let her die. I honestly felt Chae Ryung was the only far fetched decision where the conflict could have made sense. But rest all were provocations of other factions. And he had to protect his people. He never killed his kin once on that throne, didn't want bloodshed dealing with Bakjae people...yet somehow he was the one who ended up getting demonized. In all tnis it's tragic how he had to end up alone yet again. 

At the end just one line which is enough to express his agony, pain and melancholy - i didn't abandon her. She abandoned me...

• Like 17

@moonlovertales I agree with you about the importance of Soo's monologues, exactly because she does not verbalise her thoughts to those around her much at all. However, I find editing to be a real issue as well, particularly in Ep19. This time, the SBS version does not do Soo any favours... even phrases within a sentence that she actually says in the international version, was truncated in SBS's.

For example, when So tells her about the marriage edict, the nuances in Soo's explanation as to why she wanted to leave is different: 

International: "Now... Although I see you daily and smile... I am afraid... sometimes, even hate you."
SBS: "Now... Although I see you daily and smile... Sometimes, I even hate you."

The international version allows us to see that it is fear that is driving her... that she could not bear the thought that if she stayed on, they would reach a stage where all that remains of their relationship is hate and disgust. This is not translated well in the SBS version, and all we see is Soo hating So, but not the fear of the fact that she has started to feel thus, and that the only way she knows to preserve the sanctity of their love and the beautiful memories she treasures, is by leaving.

• Like 11

Just done watching the sub version of ep 19 and i was like thia the whole time :mellow: whoever wrote this story has serious issues! I need a hot choco and a pillow like right now :bawling: happy freakin halloween!

This is for you girls 

All this money can't buy me a time machine (Nooooo)
Can't replace you with a million rings (Nooooo)
I should've told you what you meant to me (Whoa)
'Cause now I pay the price

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, debolina said:

The ironies in this show. At a point, Wook had chosen his family over Soo - and later his family turned their back on him. How in a way So wanted the throne to protect and have Baek ah and Soo by his side...and now he is ending up alone.

I had expected to be heartbroken by the time the story reached the point where Hae Soo leaves the palace....but i ended up feeling frustrated. i didn't exactly end up understanding or feeling Hae Soo's conflicts. I know the adaptation has not been the best out there, but i thought atleast this crucial arc would be handled well.

I would have been fine if Hae Soo had acknowledged Chae Ryung's betrayal and yet called out So and not forgiven him. I would have been convinced of the separation citing that all this was too much for her to handle. What hit me was she turned a blind eye on the fact that she was being sold out by Chae Ryung and looked at So as some lying criminal. 

Same for her accusing eye at So when she calls him out for planting the dead hawk, completely forgetting what Wook did to Moo and Eun! If Chae Ryung was like her little sister, didn't she consider Moo her elder brother too??? It's not about begging for Wook's life, it's about her treating So differently in similar situations. She loves and cares for the princes equally. So i completely understand her begging for wook's life. She'd have done this for any of the Princes  (that is the only thing i found convincing). But her accusing look towards So contradicts her equal care for the brothers. 

By this time the revelation of her relationship had nearly no effect on me. Given that it was one of the most anticipated scenes for me, i was dissatisfied by it's treatment. I felt more during Wook and Soo's farewell. 

In all this i feel So got a raw deal. Yes, granted he became a ruthleas king....but wasn't he always that? At the end of the day his decisions were backed by motivations to protect his people and his kingdom. He didn't take his citizens for granted and stayed firm on his resolve to protect Baek Ah and Soo. Yes, decisions backfired - as with Woo Hee but his intention was never to let her die. I honestly felt Chae Ryung was the only far fetched decision where the conflict could have made sense. But rest all were provocations of other factions. And he had to protect his people. He never killed his kin once on that throne, didn't want bloodshed dealing with Bakjae people...yet somehow he was the one who ended up getting demonized. In all tnis it's tragic how he had to end up alone yet again. 

At the end just one line which is enough to express his agony, pain and melancholy - i didn't abandon her. She abandoned me...

Well said. This is exactly how I felt

• Like 5

'One'   (Three Dog Night..partial lyrics)                              

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one,

It's the lonleliest number since the number one

No is the saddest experience you'll ever know

Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know

'Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

.. worse than two

One is the loneliest..

It's just no good anymore since you went away

Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday

One is the loneliest 

caabc9df95c2c12e493d77ec85ad1981.jpg

I also feel like howling..

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Is this photoshopped or still preview in ep 20?  Gosh! Gives me a goosebump and butterflies in my stomach! 

I guess it's just a flashback scene after soo died??? Since their relationship now is impossible to go back as before. I hate it, the korean version makes it even sadder than the chinese version.

Even though I already know it's a sad ending, but I still desperately want to watch it. Why???

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Is this photoshopped or still preview in ep 20?  Gosh! Gives me a goosebump and butterflies in my stomach! 

I have a feeling that its either 1) its a dream that HS saw before she died since WS didn't come to her before her dying breath or 2) that when she was dying it was a flashback to the happy moments she had with WS or 3) after reading that HS died and WS broke down, he started to remember his moments with HS (like the cversion did)

• Like 8

I just don't know how will I up after tonight's episode, I was hoping soo much and my hopes started to crush since last week and got completely burned to the ground with last night's episode. I don't want a reincarnation of WS, turn it over as many times as you want it's not him, same as I doubt the real HS and WS would have a relationship at all, HS and WS have both done soo much wrong to each other, and their relationship became toxic, I'm still leaning towards HS being the one who did the most wrong in this, but I still love them so much, they had such great rapport with each other from the beginning and now they've fallen into this. I could think of a million ways this could have been better, or handled better, just break the final peace of my heart , show, I think I deserve this. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, pixiebelle said:

Okay but why does she need to kill herself infront of the mob and her beloved ? How does that help to propel her cause ? 
I find the character of Woo Hee one of the poor victims of bad script writing of this drama.

The death needs to be in front of her people and the new tenets so they see that she kills herself and supports the king, otherwise they would think the king had her killed. A death like that might also be better for Baek Ah, because otherwise the powerful families could claim Baek Ah sacrificed Woo Hee, but is still a traitor, but I'm not totally sure if that makes sense.

She didn't want Baek Ah to see though.

• Like 7