[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Chingues, I heard Lee Jun Gi is going to have a Vlive app update today, can anyone tell me please it's true or not???

And can someone please give me the live stream link with english subs? I watched from SBS site yesterday and i could understand just a little. Thank you soo much

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I wonder why there's no Kang Ha Neul in the latest naver cast video

Maybe, since GJ/WS is doing such a bad job at punishing WangWook, LJG has taken upon himself to be an avenging angel, and assassinated KHN instead.

head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377Sorry for the lame joke. Still in recovery mode.

@30orsomething Haha. Yes, me again. And I'm (kinda) gonna miss writing these "essays" after the end of MLSHR.

Just wanted to say, thanks for this part:

15 minutes ago, 30orsomething said:

And my speculation is that armor thingy must be super expensive that the PD decided that tainting or damaging them is a sin so he decided to play "Will be back" instead. And maybe screening fighting scene is not the PD's cup of tea? And maybe the budget for public actors and actresses is limited? Whatever the reason is, I can't help but feeling we are watching a sitcom without any comedy in it. T_T

Made me laugh. Hysterically, so it might be less because of your post, and more because of my slowly eroding sanity. But I laughed, nonetheless.

Sorry that I cannot make this into a more intelligent response to your post. Brain's still rebooting.

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, moonlovertales said:

I was thinking whether I should post this or not, I'm still unsure because the episode is yet to air and frankly, I'm still upset with the writer/pd about HS.

But reading @enigmaticangel's post and then watching the new stills + my friend also told me to post to heal a few broken hearts here so I'm going express a little of my thoughts on what I thought from the stills and preview:

Spoiler

Untitled_1.gif

It's really quite telling how as she lives out her remaining short time, she seems to draw him from her memories as the scarred prince, the wolf dog, the prince who was shunned and wore a mask to hide what he felt was the most horrible aspect of him. I feel that this scene is to say that HS always loved him and cared for him, not as the 4th prince or GJ but So. The scar that he considers the bane of his existence, the root of all his misery and self-loathing, the main source of his darkness and ugliness is the scar that she remembers and loves. It's like she really did love him by loving what he considered to be his most horrible and ugly side. In a way, she did accept the worst side of WS.

BUT, I'll remain steady on my opinion that the writer ruined HS's side of the love even now. This scene would have been very impactful and meaningful if the writer hadn't messed up HS in the past few episodes with such a weak POV.

Agreed, we hardly got to know about HS's inner turmoils and what she thinks..it would have justified the breakup scene more..

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

Newbie here:) None of my friend is watching it and talk about this drama, so I created this account.

I don't understand why the rating is dropping even in this critical moment?? So sad, they deserve better.

I started to search the episode rating after every new episode aired, but it just never rise and I just don't understand why..why..why..

I know some "part" of their acting is awkward, but how can the rating be so low???? Are koreans care about the acting so much?

I believe the ending will be the same as the chinese version since it has lots of scene "adapted" from chinese version too including the some plot too.

(sorry for my poor english)

it was in competition with moonlight (KBS?) back then, so they prefer the light romance versus the melodrama... but it looked like many were still watching this so we are not sure how the ratings work

it rose when moonlight ended, however, the OTP moments were almost gone.... *Sigh*

• Like 8

Just now, enigmaticangel said:

Agreed, we hardly got to know about HS's inner turmoils and what she thinks..it would have justified the breakup scene more..

I think this drama really fail in part of how inner dialogues will help us understand and hate HS less. And the new BTS still kill me. I wonder who is the one who dreaming of GJ carrying HS. HS or is it GJ?

I will thanks all recappers in advance as tonight I got to miss the live stream again because of a class. =( And I doubt I can focus in class.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, enigmaticangel said:

I'm not going to defend HS much because the writer has given me little to no grounds to understand her, basically I feel like I'm on thin ice that can break any moment if I defend her. And also the past few episodes has really sucked out the emotional investment I had in this show for these characters, right now I'm basically rooting for the actors.

But I agree, more insight into her and more active participation in this entire story could have done wonders for HS's characterization and probably saved a lot of energy that people are expending on hating HS or SoSoo.

@LyraYoo

Dude must be crying in some corner of his house with no candle.

• Like 10

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2016]Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo 달의 연인-보보경심 려 ~ \^0^/ FINAL EPISODE 10 PM KST
Just now, LyraYoo said:

Haha i almost believe those words ! 

no worries @zi4r , i can understand the turmoil and all those emotions coming through and through.. i just can not react now, am so numb to digest these.

But I am looking forward to the PIGGYBACK behind the scenes, can we have that please.

Looks like he's enjoying his so-called exile tho

@LyraYoo Oh...if I'm not mistaken, we do get to see Wook with a beard in one of the trailers/stills - can't remember which! Maybe a scene ala Soo waiting by the lake, with the changing seasons to indicate time skip? And perhaps, finally one day, we see So and Wook talking civilly to one another, seeing they historically became in-laws.

I want the piggy back scene too! I don't care whose imagination it was - So or Soo's... I need to see it. Ahh... where are BTSes when you need them??

• Like 6

Hi fellow eclipsers, i've been lurking in this thread since ep1. However today i decided to post this short message to say that i truly enjoy this drama.  Its not perfect but  i am thankful to be able to watch LJG at his best.  Its my first time to watch IU and i think she has the best chemistry with LJG among his leading ladies, so far.

Aside from the drama itself, i am also impressed by the sheer passion  of fellow eclipsers who provided insights, reactions and interpretations of each episode, i actually enjoyed this part more, most of the time :)

i am also looking forward  to see a happy ending for Soo-So lovers when the last episode  airs tonight :)

• Like 15

Untitled_1.gif

Borrowing this from you @moonlovertales.  And Happy birthday @enigmaticangel!!

I know many of us are very unhappy with Soo. Despite that, it's still painful to watch how she spends the remainder of her time...immersing herself in memories of So. I can imagine him finally coming...likely too late, but rooting among her things. How bittersweet and heartbreaking for him. Though there's some level of solace in the fact that she loved and thought of him till her last breath, how utterly painful that she'll forever be missing from his side.

14937188_677033632455731_900557288038706

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, moonlovertales said:

I'm not going to defend HS much because the writer has given me little to no grounds to understand her, basically I feel like I'm on thin ice that can break any moment if I defend her. And also the past few episodes has really sucked out the emotional investment I had in this show for these characters, right now I'm basically rooting for the actors.

But I agree, more insight into her and more active participation in this entire story could have done wonders for HS's characterization and probably saved a lot of energy that people are expending on hating HS or SoSoo.

Feel like cursing the writers sometimes..i mean i can completely get why Ws reacts to things ..but with HS..harddly i can relate to her decisions..but that doesn't mean that i don't like her..but in certain situations showing her monologue is a must ! 

The scenes in which it was needed are

1.After reading CR's blood letter.

2.What are all the changes she is seeing in him to is making her to "hate" him?!

3.What particular incident "actually" made her to leave the palace..?!

4.Which was the final final straw to their break-up?!

I keep assuming things but i can never truly pin-point it the reasons..

• Like 8

I am speechless. Not in a good way. For the first time i'm complaining about how short Wang So and Hae Soo separation. Even Wook-Soo scene is a little longer. Seriously, i don't have the energy to rant or complaining much on writing or whatever. 

This is me after watching eps 19:

Spoiler

12407467_448671228665914_2110649025_n.jp

Even Monica don't have the energy to scold.  

I don't know what will happen in eps 20. :expressionless: 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, siobhanne said:

She killed herself because her connection to Baek Ah leaves him vulnerable to attacks from the powerful families. WS doesn't have enough power to protect Baek Ah. So one option would be for him to go to battle and survive. But her people would suffer. Because to suppress the traitor allegations they either need to be super harsh to her people or she needs to be gone from Baek Ah's side. So she cuts a deal with WS, give freedom to my people, I will save Baek Ah. Just stopping the mob isn't enough to save Baek Ah, she needs to be gone from his side. If WS had enough power she could just give a speech and calm her people down. But the powerful families would just raise suspicions that Baek Ah is a spy. It doesn't matter what WS thinks, it's whether he could stop their machinations. So instead she needs to kill herself (I mean, I think it would've been better if her speech were longer than a few characters, a bit ambiguous, but that's more the director's choice). By sacrificing herself she can save both her people and the man she loves.  

Okay but why does she need to kill herself infront of the mob and her beloved ? How does that help to propel her cause ? 
I find the character of Woo Hee one of the poor victims of bad script writing of this drama.

@zi4r Bravo Bravo Bravo for your post !  Thumbs up for your honesty and eloquence.
Totally agree ! "THE IMPACT IS THE NOTHINGNESS !"

• Like 6

Yeah, that new still is definitely a dream, I cannot get my hopes up at all for a happy ending. And I will say it, HS brought in herself, that's the way it looks and that's how it's gonna be. She always failed to try for her relationship with WS, and she's gonna regret it everytime she looks on and doesn't see him coming to her, I'm still ally mad at her, but I don't want her to die thinking he hated her ( to say I'm conflicted is an understatement ) WS on the other hand is going to suffer from guilt for not replying to her final wish, but he's also in the wrong for expecting her to understand him all the time. 

• Like 8