Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 2: People from Cat. 1 who hoped K-BBJX would end differently than C-BBJX.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy was going to be based on history

Which category did/do you belong to?

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

I am category no. 2

• Like 8

I went out jogging while listening to the OST of MLSHR. When suddenly there was a pain squeezing my heart and can't help myself not to cry.  I was thinking that why SBS is so unfair to this drama. Jun Ki's acting is beyond par and the OST songs are all great. Why they have not even nominate them?  Where is justice? Then, i laughed at myself saying " Shai, you silly girl." I am too involved with this kdrama. The MLSHR virus is  all over me.  What can i do?  Tomorrow, it will come to its end and Every one is uncertain  what the ending is. There is only one that i am certain, MLSHR wiill always be in my heart. Gaining kdrama buddies in this  thread is a pleasure. Just tell me where to meet again ( what thread) and i will be there.  THANK YOU, ECLIPSERS! 

giphy.gif

• Like 17

I belong to Category 2, i was hoping that creative license was = happy ending for our OTP, i mean c-version was sad but MLSHR is devastating. Subjecting myself to this torture was baaadd but i enjoyed the ride.... I was hoping it would have been good to have 30 episodes to close all the loops and not rush it. But oh! Well. One thing i would be missing about this drama is you all. This thread is my support system while waiting for my monday and tuesday fix :blush:

• Like 12
31 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

It occurs to me this fandom was divided into a couple of categories during the course of the drama:

Cat. 1: People who had read/watched the C-BBJX and knew going in that the possibility of a happy ending, thereby deviating from the source material, was extremely thin and therefore didn't even hope for anything different.

Cat. 3: People who had no knowledge of the source material and assumed some kind of happy ending was imminent.

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

Cat. # 2: I liked that the drama was (or is) unpredictable but i fear now that the final episode will be predictable. Haesoo dying in Jung's arms, Wangso not being able to be with her in her last moments, etc. But still I have like 25% of hope for it to end happier.  

• Like 13
17 minutes ago, enigmaticangel said:

@nightwitch @chrissydiva OMG!! Even my birthday is on NOV 1..I think the finale will be one of d greatest gifts we receive on our birthday i think..:D

Yeah a "screw you" gift lol Sorry I'm not holding to any hope of happy ending. Not being pessimistic just being real. Whatever words people are holding on to from the PD (if he really did say that) is moot. From my experience, writers, pds, and even actors lie! They are not above that. The only ending I'll believe in is the rolling credit of epi 20 lol

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, millie10468 said:

Cat. 4: People from Cat. 3 who got their google-fu on quite early and realized just how unhappy the ending was going to be based on real history.

I ask because it makes me wonder how different our viewing experiences were. Especially for the people whose viewing pleasure are spoiled by spoilers and those that find spoilers to just whet their anticipation more.

Did having a general gist of what was going to happen make the drama more or less interesting to watch?

@MAROSA_JIN and @briseis Thanks for the new stills.

Sigh. Soo's determination (and devastation at having) to poke a few more holes in her already sinking ship is pretty clear from the pictures. Tomorrow's episode's definitely not going to be easy to watch

Im category 4. 

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, briseis said:

- WHEN HE IS WITH HS. Just imagine the situation he told her that he decided to kill CR - HS would be as much heartbroken as she is now, she would have begged him to pardon her, to show mercy, and he would have probably given up and fulfil her wish just like he had allowed CR to stay. He couldn’t have allowed that BECAUSE CR WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO BE KEPT ALIVE

I don't deny HS's right to disagree with the inhuman punishment - it's one of the things which I admire about her - so I'm not blaming her for her initial reaction. However, what I truly can't bear is the sheer hypocricy of her reaction - she so quickly forgives CR for all her crimes, crimes which are 100% more terrible and inhuman than the punishment WS sentenced her to, crimes she committed for selfish reasons. Even after learning that CR was betraying her for years she chooses CR's side not WS, the side of a multiple murderess. Yet, she puts all the blame on WS - it's her who's being unjust here - giving forgiveness to one while completely vilify the other. And it's not a separate incident - vilifying him, blaming him, distrusting him without giving him the benefit of doubt, thinking the worst of him is something she's been doing thoughout the 10 years

I think we're in agreement here. I believe that Wang So did what he felt was necessary for his kingdom and for his regime. Was CR's death justified by the reasonings of preventing further damage to his regime? Yes. Again, it's his vengeance, not justice. Justice is served impartially, and this was not, YMMV. WS could have easily sent Hae Su away so she didn't have to witness the burrito beating, yet he didn't. I think in some way, he did want her to see it. This again is the major clash in their values. He was making an example of CR which secures his position as a king, but to HS, there would be no justifiable reason for such a brutal death. 

I don't see the Hae Su hypocrisy here. Why should HS be mad at CR? CR's already dead. What ever there was left of her feelings for CR can't get resolved because of death. Should we see Hae Su angry at her dead friend? Would that help you digest this information? Hae Su feelings about Wang So killing CR are completely valid because he did sentence CR to death. There's no way to feel better about that decision and why should she, so that she can stay with Wang So longer?

I think Hae Su didn't rise in anger because she was truly in despair, that she has allowed herself to be in a situation that has gotten to the point of no return. The CR death is really only a straw that broke the camel's back because it demonstrated bar none how Hae Su could not survive in the palace. If it wasn't CR's death, it could have easily been something else. What the writer is narrowing down a series of decision points where Hae Su has no option other than leaving.

So let's say that CR's death didn't happen, another thing in the palace would happen to make Hae Su realize that she didn't belong there with Wang So. For example, if Wang So finds out that Woo Hee was a spy and he sentenced her to death. This scenario essentially plays out the same way as CR's death. Hae Su realizing that the palace is cruel and she cannot protect anyone she loves. 

The writing is on the wall for Hae Su. Should she forgive Wang So right away because what he could have potentially prevented more dangers to his regime? To her? No. She's believes that human life is more important above everything else and if she stays in the palace, she has to let go of that belief to survive. All the things that you mentioned as important to Wang So (protecting the throne, avenging his enemies) ARE NOT important to Hae Su. This is the fundamental difference between them. 

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

Yes, this is all Jimong's fault :sweatingbullets:

yeah, let's anticipate Jimong's death tomorrow. Please, I'm tired of his smug self, having prime palace real estate.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

Oops, totally forgot Wang Mu's daughter. Thought you were referring to Yeon Hwa. Regarding the second one, the break up was for real. Trust was the main issue and it resulted to Eun's death. It was a huge blow to him, though she later told him how sorry she was. It wasn't just someone, the person who died was his innocent little brother. 

I minorly quibble with this because there's no indication that had she told him about Eun's death that WS could have saved Eun. We're just assuming that because WS is such a badass that Eun would be safe. Where as we know from Hae Su's 100% accurate visions that her death-scene flashbacks are the true killers :P 

• Like 11

Sorry if I'm going to sound super negative.

I really feel like not watching tomorrow's episode or the final for some reason. Every couple that we began to love and grow attached to is dead: Eun and Soon-Duk, Baek-A and Woo-Hee, and now from the still and preview Wang So and Hae Soo.  All those couples that we rooted for, cried for, and grown attached to like best friends are no more.Plus all the good people: Madam Hae  and Lady Oh-You are remembered:bawling:. "Re-write history for love"--I don't trust you anymore. Moon Lovers has taught me not to believe in previews anymore, throughout the end bad guys get what they want (YH) if not all then half (Yo, Wook and Won), and good things never last, period:heartbreak:. Maybe the writer wanted to show how the emperor became who he was before taking the throne, sure show it, but why state "Re-write history" when everything that we know about So and his wife and kids is happening correctly as we know it. My mind is 50/50 on watching tomorrows and the final. I'm for sure going to check this forum and everyone's posts, but I'm like Hae Soo, my heart literally can't take the pain especially the breaking up part. The General was right, so many deaths that you really don't want to breathe the same air. But on the other hand, the more I think about it, I want closure. If your guys posts sound so negative and angry and everyone's crying, that lakes and oceans can form, then my  closure would be my own imagined ending, haha. I desperately need it. Though I think I will watch both episodes with turning my emotions off ( I sound like Damon from TVD, :sweatingbullets:). Like really a robot just watching without crying or feeling bitter, especially since I have classes on those days. I don't want to snap and kill someone and blame it on ML and LJG incredible acting.

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

I think we're in agreement here. I believe that Wang So did what he felt was necessary for his kingdom and for his regime. Was CR's death justified by the reasonings of preventing further damage to his regime? Yes. Again, it's his vengeance, not justice. Justice is served impartially, and this was not, YMMV. WS could have easily sent Hae Su away so she didn't have to witness the burrito beating, yet he didn't. I think in some way, he did want her to see it. This again is the major clash in their values. He was making an example of CR which secures his position as a king, but to HS, there would be no justifiable reason for such a brutal death. 

I don't see the Hae Su hypocrisy here. Why should HS be mad at CR? CR's already dead. What ever there was left of her feelings for CR can't get resolved because of death. Should we see Hae Su angry at her dead friend? Would that help you digest this information? Hae Su feelings about Wang So killing CR are completely valid because he did sentence CR to death. There's no way to feel better about that decision and why should she, so that she can stay with Wang So longer?

I think Hae Su didn't rise in anger because she was truly in despair, that she has allowed herself to be in a situation that has gotten to the point of no return. The CR death is really only a straw that broke the camel's back because it demonstrated bar none how Hae Su could not survive in the palace. If it wasn't CR's death, it could have easily been something else. What the writer is narrowing down a series of decision points where Hae Su has no option other than leaving.

So let's say that CR's death didn't happen, another thing in the palace would happen to make Hae Su realize that she didn't belong there with Wang So. For example, if Wang So finds out that Woo Hee was a spy and he sentenced her to death. This scenario essentially plays out the same way as CR's death. Hae Su realizing that the palace is cruel and she cannot protect anyone she loves. 

The writing is on the wall for Hae Su. Should she forgive Wang So right away because what he could have potentially prevented more dangers to his regime? To her? No. She's believes that human life is more important above everything else and if she stays in the palace, she has to let go of that belief to survive. All the things that you mentioned as important to Wang So (protecting the throne, avenging his enemies) ARE NOT important to Hae Su. This is the fundamental difference between them. 

You can still get angry with a dead person, trust me on that. And her feelings can be resolved with CR, just CR won't be involved in the process (haha). I agree Hae Soo's feelings of anger towards WS are valid because feelings are feelings, can't control 'em. The problem I have is the lack of palace savvy shown in the scene in question. This HS is not the HS that just landed in the bathing pool, it's the HS that has watched friends die because of intrigue before. So, while she can be angry with WS for ordering the kill, she can and should be angry at CR for endangering both of their lives. The writing or the editing is what has caused the strange read on the events. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

I'm totally a category 4 disaster. I don't even like sad shows but by the time I found out,  it was too late... I was hooked!!

• Like 12
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner