Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

On 26 October 2016 at 2:29 AM, jadecoral said:

Couldn't agree more. Have you seen The King and The Clown? Old movie but his acting is PHENOMENAL

Yes I have watched the movie. Moon Lovers is the first drama I watched of Lee Joon Gi. I was enthralled from his first appearance as Wang So in the first episode.Then I watched the movie after that. Gongil was a masterpiece. For me, he is the best Korean Actor. He is just phenomenal. 

• Like 19

On 10/24/2016 at 4:20 PM, Brenda Capers said:

I really need to say this: Why is this Drama having to follow History.......as in the exact kings in order the father then mo then yo then WS and why is YH having to be the queen...Im confused this drama is based on a Novel and is not a biography or documentary therefore why is it that it has to be exact history and not up to the writer and directors imagination.......ALSO BUT WHY IS SOMEONE FROM THE 21ST CENTURY IN A DRAMA THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE EXACT HISTORY?

I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND THE IDEA OF YH BEING QUEEN AFTER ALL THE DISGUSTING THINGS SHE HAS DONE ITS LIKE UNACCEPTABLE....I DETEST IT TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!!!!!!

I MUST REITERATE THIS AGAIN............WHY IF THE WRITERS/DIRECTORS HAVING TO BE PRECISE ON EXACT HISTORY....WHY IS HAESOO IN THIS DRAMA AS 21ST CENTURY CHARACTER WHICH WE ALL KNOW ISNT BASED ON HISTORY.........I HAVE STOPPED WATCHING THIS DRAMA SINCE EPISODE 14 BECAUSE I REFUSE TO WATCH WS MARRY YH AND I FEEL THAT IS WHERE THE DIRECTION HAS BEEN HEADING......AND AS FAR AS A PART II OF MOON LOVERS IN THE 21ST CENTURY IT WILL NOT MAKE UP FOR THE TRAGIC LOVE STORY OF WS & HS IN THIS DRAMA....SO I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THAT !!!!!!!!

• Like 9

After watching last ep i feel sad for both HS and WS :(...both of them r all alone there...they were each other strength and now?...they should of go away that time they were on a horse trying to escape from her wedding to old king...3 princes r dead anyway

Now...he will end up in his legal queen arms to have a CP then will hate her even more and call HS in his sleep...she might go with Jung and be even more miserable...BTW when Jung said all she have to say is that she wants it i had to laugh...all men say this at the beginning then comes sorry but its imposible

WS mother died and i still don't understand why she didn't love him...not even a bit...can't say i feel sorry she died

Seems that Wookies pay days r coming...not sorry as well...wish he did say he wants to marry HS right after his wife died...though is not moraly right it might be fair enough...at least it would be honest...his wife made a peace with their love before she died...they loved each other...but he wanted more yet he was coward...all that came after was just pathetic...BTW, thing that WS will be suprised Wookie was her crush doesn't hold water for me...he's not stupid, she said it was not Jung or Baek, certainly not Yo, Moo or Eun...so was that hard for our clever guy to realize?

Still exist just one bubble in that palace but will burst soon when he finds out she was spying on them

Yesterday i hesitated to watch and was afraid for last couple of eps but now i'm really eager to see how will they resolve all this

• Like 18

1 hour ago, trizha1 said:

And Hae Soo was supposed to be 16 correct?

My gosh, no wonder then...they were TEENAGERS, in addition to it all...add in the crazy hormones...

Although...Ha Jin was 25...but her body was 16 right, so she was plunged back into the crazy teen years too?? Just when you thought you were done with all the hormonal attacks..

If So and Wook are 17 (born in the same year)..

Won is..what.. 16?

Eun is...also 16 (he never calls HS noona or whatever old school form of noona there is)

Would Baek-Ah be 15 then?

Jung is..14 when this all starts?

Eun is a Prince. He will not call Hae Soo anything as a respect.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Adnana said:

@liddi That was honestly the one decision of Gwangjong's that initially made me raise a brow, because it seemed out-of-character for the man we knew as 4th Prince, who is compassionate and caring--as shown in the way how he deals with the forced laborers, which you pointed out as well. But only initially was I disconcerted.

Then I saw a comment somewhere, and it clicked for me: 4th Prince might have an essentially good heart, but he carries a lot of emotional and mental baggage that will take precedence when it comes to his hot-button issues. And for this man who's been shunned practically his entire life--by both mother and father (to a lesser but still significant degree), brothers, adoptive family, even the common people who feared and despised him despite his status as a prince--the issue of acceptance/legitimacy would be his greatest sore spot. He was barely a prince (he even has a line, I think around the rain ritual, where he bitterly remarks that while his brothers lived as princes, he was treated as less than a butcher's son, which is the lowest possible position on the social ladder), and now even after becoming King, he was being undermined yet again. 

The rumors were extremely dangerous and needed to be nipped in the bud before they grew out of control because:

1) they struck at the core of his hard-earned position, questioning the very legitimacy of his claim to the throne; and

2) they were also his detractors' way of testing the new King's power/boundaries

all of which meant, really, that Gwangjong's swift brutality was the only appropriate response. Sad but true, since his opponents needed to know they couldn't mess with him indiscriminately or they would have done it again and again.

But also, and I think this is very important, those rumors scraped the open wound of 4th Prince's lifelong rejection issues, so his extreme reaction was not just a politically expedient response but also came out of a place of awakening old hurts and lashing out in response. The innocent lives affected became incidental in this scenario.

It's not even out-of-character for 4th Prince to shrug off the deaths of many as long as he can justify his actions in his mind (even if an outsider wouldn't necessary agree with him)--we've seen it happen before, when he wholesale slaughtered an entire temple of (assassin) monks. Let's be clear: afterward, he wasn't upset because of the river of blood he'd shed, but because it failed to win him a positive reaction from Queen Yoo. His later discussion with the General proves it. But I digress.

Basically, I'm saying that 4th Prince had already shown himself capable of monstrous acts and killing on a large scale, and with even less excuse. It's not out of character for him to order all those people killed; moreover when it was essential in order to protect his throne and when the rumors circulating were felt like a personal blow against him, the perennially unwanted former Wolf-dog. And lest we forget, his new status as King is apt to amplify all the darkest sides of Wang So as he gradually becomes Gwangjong.

Very well said. Your explanation is very profound. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

LOL I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Can you imagine a male Go Ha Jin zapped into a ruthless king's body whom everyone is out to get. The poor guy wouldn't survive a day, they would immediately declare him crazy and kick him off the throne or worse. That scenario actually could make a good sageuk comedy. :lol:

Can someone make this into a SHR fanfic? LOL. This would be hilarious!

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Adnana said:

@liddi That was honestly the one decision of Gwangjong's that initially made me raise a brow, because it seemed out-of-character for the man we knew as 4th Prince, who is compassionate and caring--as shown in the way how he deals with the forced laborers, which you pointed out as well. But only initially was I disconcerted.

Then I saw a comment somewhere, and it clicked for me: 4th Prince might have an essentially good heart, but he carries a lot of emotional and mental baggage that will take precedence when it comes to his hot-button issues. And for this man who's been shunned practically his entire life--by both mother and father (to a lesser but still significant degree), brothers, adoptive family, even the common people who feared and despised him despite his status as a prince--the issue of acceptance/legitimacy would be his greatest sore spot. He was barely a prince (he even has a line, I think around the rain ritual, where he bitterly remarks that while his brothers lived as princes, he was treated as less than a butcher's son, which is the lowest possible position on the social ladder), and now even after becoming King, he was being undermined yet again. 

The rumors were extremely dangerous and needed to be nipped in the bud before they grew out of control because:

1) they struck at the core of his hard-earned position, questioning the very legitimacy of his claim to the throne; and

2) they were also his detractors' way of testing the new King's power/boundaries

all of which meant, really, that Gwangjong's swift brutality was the only appropriate response. Sad but true, since his opponents needed to know they couldn't mess with him indiscriminately or they would have done it again and again.

But also, and I think this is very important, those rumors scraped the open wound of 4th Prince's lifelong rejection issues, so his extreme reaction was not just a politically expedient response but also came out of a place of awakening old hurts and lashing out in response. The innocent lives affected became incidental in this scenario.

It's not even out-of-character for 4th Prince to shrug off the deaths of many as long as he can justify his actions in his mind (even if an outsider wouldn't necessary agree with him)--we've seen it happen before, when he wholesale slaughtered an entire temple of (assassin) monks. Let's be clear: afterward, he wasn't upset because of the river of blood he'd shed, but because it failed to win him a positive reaction from Queen Yoo. His later discussion with the General proves it. But I digress.

Basically, I'm saying that 4th Prince had already shown himself capable of monstrous acts and killing on a large scale, and with even less excuse. It's not out of character for him to order all those people killed; moreover when it was essential in order to protect his throne and when the rumors circulating were felt like a personal blow against him, the perennially unwanted former Wolf-dog. And lest we forget, his new status as King is apt to amplify all the darkest sides of Wang So as he gradually becomes Gwangjong.

I agree 4th isn't acting out of character I think he's a victim of bad editing. But, even still, we've seen 4th throw his tantrums alone or in front of those he love.  Of course, he can jump up and down and gnash his teeth in front of Baek Ah, Hae Soo, and to some degree Ji Mong because those are the ones he feels most confident in their feelings for him. They are his people and should be on his side.

I think most are drawing a conclusion from the preview that he finally lets Soo go because of the past romantic involvement with Wook, that was in talks of marriage. I think this may be a cultural disconnect for some because even in modern dramas we have families take issue with a female that had been engaged before; Hell we've seen dudes have a problem with finding their girl had been on an arranged blind date.

Knowing this I have even gave the side eye towards 4th but, then I have the Chinese version in my head pushing my bias forward to 'Why 4th, that's not so bad. Chinese version she actually slept with 8th before going to 4th. .... But, hey, I know it's still not out of character for him. 

Dude has:

1. Mommy issues

2.Body dysmorphic disorder

3. Abandonment issues

4.prone to acute stress disorder

5. PTSD

6.hostile attribution bias

8.dependant personality disorder

9. eating disorder

And he still finds time to do his makeup and hair. I think we should cast blame at HS. Gee, he killed your sister. Your sister caused the deaths of everybody, ruined your marriage, then left the most narcissistic love letter goodbye  letter ever using menstrual blood(where'd all that come from?), on your dresser. Yes, 4th prince has problems HS, but that 'sister' of yours was one sick puppy. HS needs a time out to think, not a new address.

• Like 17

Yesterday morning....after the episode maybe something relate to me also i cant go to work my heart was so sick ...like i the one who being So soo ....ohh gosh i dont want to follow any saeguk or anything after this ....cause i love history so much  and what gappen cause its true story go to my nerve and brain and realised that whether you are a king or not you can't get perfect life  ..if one cannot get love mayb can get something else...in this life this is a choice to make......

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, shae said:

Dude has:

1. Mommy issues

2.Body dysmorphic disorder

3. Abandonment issues

4.prone to acute stress disorder

5. PTSD

6.hostile attribution bias

8.dependant personality disorder

9. eating disorder

And he still finds time to do his makeup and hair. I think we should cast blame at HS. Gee, he killed your sister. Your sister caused the deaths of everybody, ruined your marriage, then left the most narcissistic love letter goodbye  letter ever using menstrual blood(where'd all that come from?), on your dresser. Yes, 4th prince has problems HS, but that 'sister' of yours was one sick puppy. HS needs a time out to think, not a new address.

Nice WS description ;)

She will...WS will too...the problem is they both can't do much coz they r not alone in the world

• Like 10

4 hours ago, briseis said:
Spoiler

Never Letting Go

“I have to live with you. Let’s live together. Marry me.” 

Unfortunately, in the Goryeo Era not even the third time is the charm. Only a complete masochist and sucker for punishment proposes twice in the same week after getting rejected the first time. Any other man would have given up a long time ago, but WS even after all those years of rejections keeps soldiering on like a trooper, even though his heart breaks each time. He hasn’t changed at all - it’s so similar to the time 8 years ago when he came to her from Later Jin and she rejected him, only for him to return days later, asking her to marry him and getting rejected again.

IcnEx8B.png

“I cannot. I cannot do anything for you except provide comfort. It will be hard for me to marry you.“ 

Their night out together is the one moment of selfishness HS allows herself, stealing the king himself from the Palace, to have him completely for herself one last time before she sends him away to an other woman. It’s relatable, but absolutely cruel towards Wang So, that she knows the whole time SO WANTS TO PROPOSE TO HER and that she will reject him and that she will hurt him BUT STILL WANTS TO HEAR HIM PROPOSE TO HER, WANTS THAT ONE MOMENT OF PERFECT HAPPINESS. She said it to Jimong herself, didn’t she? That she’s been WAITING A LONG TIME for this, to finally be with WS - she’s been constantly waiting and THAT’S HER BIGGEST MISTAKE IN AN ERA with a short life expectancy, where people could get killed each day or die from disease. WHILE WAITING for the right moment SHE MISSED SO MANY CHANCES, LET SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES PASS BY, she was always living and hoping for future that wasn’t guaranteed, and now it’s simply too late. On the other hand, So, who knows how precious and short-lived is each happy moment, has wanted to live with her from the beginning, to live for the moment not caring about the future. 

UCfxwcS.png

“I will not give up on you over that scar. No one can force me to. I won’t give up either.” 

Some people say that they want back the wild WS who didn’t care abou rules defied everyone and who would do anything for HS, BUT HE IS STILL THAT WS, HE HASN’T CHANGED AT ALL. He is ready to FIGHT THE WHOLE WORLD FOR HER (just like he did many times before) - HE’S READY TO WEATHER THE STORM, PREPARED TO ABOLISH A CENTURIES-OLD STUPID RULE ABOUT SCARS, FIGHT THE CLANS AND ALL FOR HER, SO HE COULD MAKE HER HIS QUEEN! And you know that in the end, he would have won because he’s smart and ruthless, he would go over dead bodies to achieve it, but all Goryeo kings went over dead bodies. It’s HER WHO IS GIVING UP, who is afraid to fight for them - it’s because she wants to stop bloodshed and to protect him, but the truth it’s noble idiocy in it’s purest form. In the end, HS hasn’t changed either.

“Even if I can’t marry you you can’t leave me. I won’t let you go. You have to be mine. You can’t go anywhere. I will never allow it. You are my only queen.” 

In the end, HE RESPECTS HER DECISION no matter how much it hurts him and gives her the only promise he can give her now - to be hers in all ways if he cannot be with her in name. However, after So’s tear falls the expression in his eyes promises RETRIBUTION to everyone WHO HURT THEM, TORN THEM APART AND TRIED TO CONTROL THEIR LIVES.

pRb8H74.png

Reading your post makes me cry buckets again...

• Like 13

I for one, want YH to tell HS WW involvement in lady's oh dead...she might not be able to do anything now but she deserves to know...i want her to know..

• Like 7

23 hours ago, ldwon4 said:

Yup, the shot of WS is from his drama Two Weeks in 2013. And HS's is probably from producers. She should have her brown hair btw unless she "decides" to dye her hair back to black or something.

Good point. There were high expectations for UF as well, but that didn't turn out well either. Hard to predict what drama would do well I guess. Just got to get a bit lucky.

UF was also tagged for a sad ending like ML so maybe people in Korea like happier and funny shows and don't really want all the angst associated with sad dramas. I am sure that if LJG did a good rom-com it would be a hit but it really isn't his style to go after an easy script. He likes the challenge of a difficult multi-faceted character which is why he is so good as Wang So. After such a heavy duty character maybe he ought to relax and do a lighter drama.

• Like 11