Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

On 10/25/2016 at 1:10 PM, butterflysaga said:

I want to answer one of eclipses here who said that Su ACCEPTED Wook proposal. I'm sorry I forgot his/her username.. I tried to quoted before but *sigh* suddenly got crashed cuz I online via mobile.

The detail I wanna say is: Su never/NOT accepted Wook proposal YET. As far as I can remember.. They got interrupt by Lady Oh presence in those cave. So, Wook never know what Su have in mind (until now). But, when Lady Oh asking Su about her feeling she say yes, just because her naïveté beliefs that she can change everything.

Different with WS.. Su blatantly asking him to propose her. Albeit she's still playing hard to get. Pffftth.

EDIT: Ah.. thanks for liking. It's been you @Aramyas ^^. Sorry >_<

Well actually, when she asked Wook to give up seeking the throne and go away with her at the beginning of Mu's reign, that can be taken as an acceptance to his proposal.:P Sorry but she can't squeeze out of this one.

• Like 7

Dear @kdramawriter I beg your pardon, but I don't hate HaeSu. How could I hate my OTP?

My statement above (answering Gabi) is none other than just a satyr joke about how hopeless both situation. Chill :)

Regarding HaeSu leaving (my older post) its my personal interpretation of their selfless love, both gave the same impact who can't live without.

Unfortunately they ended up hurting each other (ep. 18).

Hah. This drama driving me nuts >_<

• Like 6

1 hour ago, briseis said:

A Dying Flower

Wang So chose the lotus hairpin for HS because it reminded him of her, of her will to live, her innocence and perseverance to survive in his terrible world while remaining untainted by its evil. But in reality she is not a lotus, SHE IS A HUMAN brought to a world so hostile that she cannot survive in it for long, no matter how hard she tries; no matter how much she strives and fight that world will always defeat her. She DOES NOT BELONG THERE, SHE NEVER DID. This world in which even the air itself is toxic that each breath Soo takes is slowly killing her, but WANG SO IS DIFFERENT - HE WAS BORN IN THIS WORLD, IT’S HIS WORLD - the poison is literally and figuratively coursing through his veins which makes him virtually immune to it; it can hurt him, but not kill him, because it’s just another dosage that wil make him even stronger and more resililent (just like the poison incident). He is like a diamond - undestroyable and shining brightly, so hard it doesn’t even crack. Unlike her, he can strive there.  They are two star-crossed lovers coming from different worlds and his world is lethal for her. SHE TRULY IS HIS SUN, SUN THAT SHONE SO BRIGHTLY THAT IT’S BURNING OUT NOW.

Soo’s presence, her mere existence in that world is a miracle. But miracles are rare and short-lived and just like the eclipse that brought them together, even this miracle must come to an end. The fact that HS’s managed to survive in it for so long already is a miracle alone, and it’s all thanks to Lady Oh and Wang So - without them she would have died long ago - he saved her so many times in so many ways.

“I can’t go back anymore. And I can’t change the way things are now. Then, I want to live! I want to do whatever I can to survive and live. I want to live. - HS (EP01)

“I am only in my twenties. 10 years is too severe. I will live a bit longer. With him… I want to be with him a little longer. - HS (EP17)

The story is truly coming to its end, just like HS’s life in the Goryeo Era, and it’s coming full circle, as well. 10 years ago, HS wanted to survive in this Era for her own sake, to simply survive, but now she is praying to have more than 10 years with Wang So, BECAUSE SHE HAS SOMEONE TO LIFE FOR, she decides to fight once more and prolong her life because a long time ago HE BECAME HER SOLE REASON FOR LIVING.

this sentence is so true i'm bawling :( that's why their love story is very epic. Tonghua is a genius, so much respect. Plus lee joon gi and IU's chemistry is so on point that this epic love story came to life. I hope this drama gets the recognition it deserves

• Like 20

just watched it in subs (i cant let it delay til tomorrow, im more curious than hurt) , and now i understand how powerful (the words used in) some scenes..

1) HS wants to hear WS propose only to tell him she cant marry him (my 1st cry).. seeing those eyes of HS from happiness turn to tears was so heartbreaking.. esp when HS wore the dress... :(

2) Jung proposing to HS in a sense - i found it somehow romantic though sure enough HS thought of WJ as little brother...

3) Words uttered by WS to his mother, esp the part where he said he'll make up stories of being them happy as son and mother was also a desperate call for love (my 2nd cry).. and the last touch of QYoo (even i think it was more of anger) WS didnt let HS touch his face showing how he loved QYoo despite of all she did..

4) Drunk scene with YH - now she need to choose when originally her motive to being Queen is to save her family and not the throne (or the entire country for that matter).. it was somehow brilliant for GJ to give that kind of response (though i have to admit i cannot take it if they're going to consummate just because..) Im liking YH being queen though-starting this episode when she told HS about dethronement plans and HS was starled coz she actually asked WS abt issues and yet he declined to tell her... it was a bitchy encounter, but that was the truth, at least YH could protect GJ in her own way but on the other hand, still powerless to GJ.

5) Now i understand the burst of anger of WS to HS (Won really is a coward, but at least he did something right on telling its all Wooky).. All the tragedy happened was because WS let WW live in consideration of HS request, and now he found out its because of her love to Wook...

6) When CR's letter told HS "whether there is value of doing something or not, only you can answer" and HS looking around the room like "does it make any sense that she's here? she cannot make any difference even if she wanted"

7) i just dont like the part where it looked like she will leave because of what happened to CR when actually its a culmination of her frustration and sadness (it should have been "i cannot breathe in the palace anymore" instead of "CR was just a person in love" because if it were her, she wont do treason, so its not a reason at all..)

this episode was nicely executed and does not feel rush unlike ep17 (the funny scenes with BA and sleeping GJ was like "zoomed" or fast forward version in international... tsk tsk...) im somehow not satisfied on the editing of ep17 on both versions and you also have to see both so that you would understand what's really happening..

Happy it went up in ratings again, hope it'll end with highest rating and no. 1 on their time slot...

ok, time to sleep (somehow my heavy heart lightened.. i must be more frustrated in the editing of ep17 rather than the story) :P

• Like 19

On 10/25/2016 at 1:55 PM, liddi said:

That's what I gather, from the scene after Soo collapses due to CR's death. In both DF and C-subs, he berates the doctor for not telling him that she was so weak. Though you do have a point... perhaps the doctor did not say that she had not long to live, and it was only So who concluded she was weak. Gah. I dunno. Whatever knowledge So had about Soo's condition, it was not enough to stop him from pushing her away once he knows about her relationship with Wook. Ah well...

And I sound like a broken record, but in the original, Ruoxi kept the truth of her condition from 4th Prince as well, so it never occurred to him that she had not much longer to live, apart from the scare following her miscarriage when she pretty much gave up on life.

If the doctor valued his own life he would not have told him about Soo's heart condition. The wolf prince is scary enough let alone a wolf king who may not be able to control his temper at such bad news. 

• Like 10

A parody. From what i understand , Wang So twins ?

:lol:

• Like 16

On 10/25/2016 at 2:06 PM, shae said:

Okay so HS conveniently forgets that ChaeRyungie is responsible for Moo's death, Eun and SunnyD's death and the death of her marriage?

Chinese version : I understand you, I can't hate you, but, why must you be so cruel?

Korean version: I don't understand you, let me find the quickest exit before you're fully aware how much I really don't understand you.

Even Cliff Notes wouldn't have left out so much for misinterpreting.

Did like the marriage sequence in the international version. This has 4th standing outside his own door (YH) and then deciding to leave. Makes more sense to me than SBS version. I was left thinking why 4th wouldn't go comfort HS if she were still awake after seeing her at prayer rocks. It couldn't be guilt for marrying since she agreed and clearly he would be showing nonconsummation by being with her instead. 

Yes, he should have gone to Soo and stayed with her, it would show her his love and promise that she is his only queen and a slap in the face for YH to satisfy us.

• Like 15

Spoiler
2 hours ago, butterflysaga said:

Y1nu3k.jpg

Look how verklempt WangSo is.

That scenes was Evil Queen Dowager death. Can you imagine how much WangSo despair when HaeSu died? ARGH.

She’s WangSo Achilles Heel. She can bring down everything he have if she wants, even YH won’t be able to stop it.

XbVyX7.png

If someone gets a hold of her, they will turn WS entire empire into a house of glass. That I know of, WS got a couple of hotheaded ministers who know exactly what she is to him and exactly what she’s worth.

WS also have a pining WW who wouldn’t mind seeing him hurt, not that he would ever hurt HS directly, but I’m just saying.

He should be never tell anyone else what she means to him. His enemies will try to use her against him any way that they can.

But this doesn't mean WS has to be less affectionate and loving to HS.

What he need to do is less Neanderthal and stop threatening people with his power when it comes down to her. Apparently he is putting a big red arrow over her to let opportunists know she’s a great mark.

On ep. 17, WS very possessive of her. He scolding her just because she is out of his sight for the first encounter with Evil Queen Dowager. She’s his biggest weakness and his enemy knows that. Look at what Hwangbo clan did to them :(

She’s already been tortured once with very little effort (tea poisoning scam). Don’t think someone else wouldn’t try in near future once she become royal concubine.

I think the main reason why HS wants to run, not just for a mere freedom but she trying to protect WS from afar. Albeit WS will thinks she is deceiving her promises. UGH.

nBmr8G.jpg

And Chaeryung death becomes their sink-ship catapult.

Now, she got plans to escape the palace via Jung, this could be another catastrophe of WS wrath. Is she going to be the next Helen of Troy?

Come to think of it.. whenever an empire reign was collapsed HS presence is somewhat affected direct/indirectly in a way or another. She's always been there! Taejo (bedside), WangMu (damiwon bath) & WangYo (his chamber). Good Lord..

WangSo will shifts for sure.. become the relentless Gwangjong that we know as historically written.

GAH! I need my Advil now :bawling:

-yeah, i also think HS running away was also to protect WS since he will do what he have to do as king without her interfering or used by clans against him..

-the last picture,, yes,, thats my reaction on that line...

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, hiluna said:

Yes, he should have gone to Soo and stayed with her, it would show her his love and promise that she is his only queen and a slap in the face for YH to satisfy us.

it might be since GJ knows WW and Won planned the troubles, if they knew she didnt slept with him (via CR, if GJ approached them) theyll might do something abt it? just a thought... she'll be a laughing stock in the palace as a Queen, so YH wouldnt tell the others about it..

• Like 9

On 10/25/2016 at 3:04 PM, imaginary24 said:

I believe that there are many things we've all learned from this drama. But, one thing I'm definitely sure learning now is LJG acting is DAEBAK! Of course having a handsome face is an added bonus! Can I say that his acting skill surpass the other so-called A-list actor in Korea? Or... is he already in the A-list? Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I don't have knowledge about this. 

He is already in the A-list

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Maral said:

Hi everyone this weeks episode were both tense. I tried to catch up with the post but couldn’t.  however I’m surprised that some of you are chocked by WSs actions, specially when it comes to CR….

In the beginning of ep 17 WS trays to be a good king. Remember? He returned the laborers to their homeland. Those who had lost their lives, their family got compensated. But no one accepted him as a king. His mother still despised him, Jung hates him and so on…. They forced him to marry some one he doesn’t love. WS  was ready to fight but HS gave up….yes I know it was  out of love but still.

As for CR I understand HS got frightened, but think about it. Because of her action WM died, some one WS desperately tried to protect. That event was a turning point. With WM as a king WS could leave with HS. But he became Yos dog instead.  He saw  Eun being chased and day in the worse possible way!! Jung turned his back on him. ALL because CR! I’m not excusing his actions but I understand.. 

And let’s face it HS is doing the one thing WS asked her not to. WS asked her to NOT leave him!

Abut Wook, he’s getting what he deserves! IMO  

And YES I’m sold to the dark side thanks to LJKs awesome portrayer of WS:wub:

He also said HS was his only queen....but in the scene before the one of HS with BA he was telling YW he will make her his only queen and making the baby crown prince if she betrays Wook (and family)? Mmmm. I don't know anymore. And if that happens, It won't be "for the nation"...It will be for auto satisfaction of framing Wook, Wook who (for him) is making him look as a monster in HS'eyes.

• Like 14

No matter how long I think, the only thing comes my mind about happy ending is when Hae Soo goes back to 21th century and wakes up from coma, she will not remember her times in Goryeo. Then as her true self Go Ha Jin will meet with modern Wang So. They will fall in love and live happily together. What do you think? Am I so daydreamer? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 16

Spoiler
39 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

A parody. From what i understand , Wang So twins ?

:lol:

wow, fans really are amazing... its nicely done hahaha... im so convinced there were 2 different princes.. :blush:
i think LJG will like playing doubles in the future hahaha..

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

He also said HS was his only queen....but in the scene before the one of HS with BA he was telling YW he will make her his only queen and making the baby crown prince if she betrays Wook (and family)? Mmmm. I don't know anymore. 

but that's after his knowledge about WW. I though it was an excellent politic move. By the tree where he poposed he was WS, a man devoted to his woman. when he told YW she'd be the queen he  was a king seeking for revenge. 

• Like 13

23 hours ago, may6 said:

This is my take on their interactions...I honestly do think that it was love at first sight for him ,but since he was regarded as the lone wolf , a terrible guy capable of so much violence.. and to top it off his low self esteem and poor  social skills...he just choose to ignore it ...how  could HS ...a pretty upper high class lady of the nobility will ever came to consider him far more love him...he just choose to  ignore his initial attraction for preservation...he wouldn't be able to recover if we were to be  rejected by a woman like his mother rejected him... he knew he was not worthy by the social standing and demands of that particular era...he wasn't even consider a prince or  an eligible  bachelor...so for WS it was better to keep away and not fuel the fondness...the only time that i though he was  acting cruel to her was when he told the monk to get rid of her ...but to his credit ..if you look at LJK expression on that particular scene you can see he is concern ...i read that scene as him surprise by her unexpected  appearance  ...he took a risk...perhaps trusting that the monk was not going to truly hurt her for if he were, he would have done something by now and the monk took too long ...and he WS wanted to have a witness for interrogation...the matter of whether he was able to stay in Songak or return to shinju as a hostage depended on it..he was desperate...and she ruin the momentum of him getting that ...i don't what version you watch but when Soo bit the monk and he was going to be head her, So became more proactive ...he was going to help her but WW was faster and ended up killing the monk....the other actions are defense mechanisms...when he was forceful with her face  ...he was mad ...not particularly   getleman like behavior ...but he thought he had lost his chance of ever staying in the capital...i don't see that as a cruel act...just something that spur in the moment and to intimidate her into telling her all she knew...Ws is not very patient when he is desperate... the don't look at my face ...don't show up in front of me...ect..are all i don't like your pity ...and because i might like you in a romantic sense ... that hurts me even more....because that makes me know that i'm unworthy to love you ...i can't love you because of this scar...ect..and he choose to ignore her marriage  at first because deep down he knew there was nothing he could do to persuade his father  not to marry Soo ...and also because like i said it was easier to ignore his feelings when he thought all hope to woo her was lost to begin with...so i don't think he was particularly cruel with her ,which is why she always came back to him...looked actively for him...a argued with him , and talked back to him  without feeling threatened...oh sorry my grammar is probably bad ,but i just wanted to share that... 

I think you have a point there and wonder whether in the preview when he tells Soo that he doesn't want to see her again, it is a self defense mechanism rather than a rejection of her.  The old So would have considered himself unworthy to love her with all the blood on his hands. All the doubts and lack of self confidence has come flooding back knowing that she had at one time accepted Wook but never accepted him, and he thinks that he is a monster in her eyes. He doesn't want to feel the hurt anymore and puts up a wall between them. The timing for our OTP  was off since the beginning and for the next 7 years plus :tears:

• Like 12

Writer-nim of this drama is a genius.  I cannot even fathom the headaches in trying to synchronize the drama to the historical time. Not only did she do this so well, but the drama itself is so outrageously well thought out that it creates not only misunderstandings and misconceptions within the drama but also among us.  Just to name a few: We are analyzing who loves who more? Who is more evil? Who sacrificed more? Reasons behind those sacrifices? Did So changed after obtaining power or was he always this way? Did Soo change at all?  

Whats even more interesting is that we are having dialogues about the ending because the darn drama is again not predictable.  Will So see Soo before she dies? Will Soo even die?  Did or didn't they sleep together? Is Soo pregnant?  Did So and YH sleep together or will they and when? Next episode? 5 years from now? Never? (I prefer this one personally myself). Will WW die? 

Let's pretend that the drama is a person, it follows the C-version but still maintains it's own personality and characteristics that it leaves us viewers disoriented because we expect or want certain things to happen and when it does or does not happen, our hearts either is happy or it gets broken.  These things to me exemplifies how good this drama is.  Don't y'all agree?

• Like 22