Quantcast

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

13 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

You are an amazing person. Thank you for sharing your story :heart:

Thank you!  :heart:  And you're welcome!

Like I said, life is full of surprises.  Sometimes God placed us in unthinkable circumstances for us to find out what we are capable of. :blush:

If I am given the chance to speak to Uri WS & HS, I'll tell with them something that I've learned in life.

Every relationship is a learning experience. Getting hurt is inevitable but at the end of the day, it makes you a stronger & better person. Pain and consequence for wrong choices and decisions are just part of the learning process. Sometimes we just learn the hard way so it's like we are paying for our education.  Besides we are all God's work in progress and we will commit many more mistakes in our lifetime.  The important thing is, you get up and start again because it will never be a failure unless you both give up.  So please be strong and stay together, we want to see you happy and give us at least a happy ending. **** praying**** :blush:

• Like 13
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

anyway, just another thought about the elliptical nature of the writer's style and why she had to write in the part where WS was thrown into a wolf den during his days with the Kangs, its not just to endear viewers to his character:

1) WS is sent to live with the Kangs. Despite being lonely, he retains a speck of his idealism and makes do with the situation by being best friends with a tree called Pat Pat

2) WS gets thrown into the wolf den. The incident teaches him about survival and strips off his idealistic tendencies and yearnings for companionship. In order to stay alive under attack from the animals and the harsh winter, he does what he has to do, he burns down his only companion pat pat in order to survive. 

3) WS is hardened, he is apologetic for this actions but has no regrets. The incident shapes his character significantly. 

4) WS meets another companion in a human form, HS, whose hanja name means "Tree"

5) WS enters the palace, a metaphorical den of wolves (key wolf figures, Empress Yoo, WY, WWon, WWook, YH etc). He fights to survive and but will eventually be forced to make the decision to sacrifice HS, his only true companion. Only this time it is not a tree, but a human with the name of a tree. This eventually makes him into the true GJ.

From the very beginning the writer has given us hints that HS is doomed from the way her name was penned....it also serves to highlight the looping nature that fate likes to operate in (what comes around goes around). The story of WS is often told in circles (i.e. the incident with Eun's birthday). which also cleverly alludes to the theme of reincarnation; i think our OTP is forever fated to spiral endlessly into each other through time and space. Its my artistic opinion, but i am sure the writer had similar intentions, had she had the support  and resources to fully flesh out these poetic ambitions. 

It saddens me that this drama could really be that good. Sometimes i wish that this is not a k-drama, but a movie or some other form of production that is not as dictated and restrained by the demands of commercial success or popularity. However i will stay tuned to the ending, hoping that she will draw parallels from an insignificant incident that happens earlier in the drama and completely change the way we appreciate the story again. I wonder what that'll be. 

Ooo, this is wonderful. I do think that when you find something that you connect with so deeply, it does not matter that naesayers love to point out the flaws. You know what you connect to you and finding that richness is what keeps us compelled to tell more stories. 

• Like 14
17 hours ago, qwenli said:

oh, I just dived into the book and skimmed through and saw alot of 13th, 14th being mentioned. The book is quite different from the Korean drama. 4th appearances are really few and far in between. I also went to the look at the ending and indeed the book ending is quite sad :tears:, the C-version already improved on this. I wonder what made the original author wrote such a sad ending...perhaps she herself is unattached... I cant imagine a person in a relationship writing such a sad story. in the novel, 13th prince has a daughter and she was featured quite prominently towards the end. :blink:

Just want to bring over the 2011 prologue from the original writer Tong Hua

Spoiler

Wanted to reply yesterday but no time :lol:

K-drama is definitely a different story, nothing like the novel or C-version because the personalities of 4th,8th,RX are different.
What amazes me is how many posts on this thread are still asking and talking about the novel and BBJX which shows the impact of the original novel. 

The book was written from RX's perspective. Her time with 4th prince was not very long. After RX broke up with 8th, she was with 4th for a short time before 4th had to retreat to the rural areas as he got into trouble with the emperor (victim of 8th's plan; repercussion of RX's warning; which also caused 13th to be kept in solitary confinement). Before he left, he told RX he can't honour his promise to marry her anymore, which effectively means breaking up with her but she was already so invested in emotions in him that she disobeyed the emperor's order to marry 14th and was sent to be watermaid. When 4th eventually returned to the palace and found out, he was very moved by RX. So indeed the pair did not have very long time together (as compared to RX-8th) but the dialogues from RX's internal emotions reflected the depth of her love for 4th.

13th and 14th are indeed pillar characters as you said. I just love these 2 characters and the C-version developed them well. 13th was a very loyal friend of RX. 14th was on 8th's camp and eventually love and supported RX. 

13th prince's romance and daughter was another tragic arc. His partner, Lu Wu, was not mentioned very much in novel and appeared briefly in C-version but their love story was very impactful. RX was closely connected to these two : It was RX who caused emperor to allow Lu Wu to be with 13th during his solitary confinement and only RX knew the truth about Lu Wu's death. RX kept her promise to LuWu not to reveal to 13th even when RX was on her deadbed. The story ended with 13th died without knowing Lu Wu sacrificed herself for him. 

13th was the only prince by 4th's side and his daughter was named by 4th. Because RX miscarried and couldn't conceive anymore, I guess 13th's daughter is the "child" element in 4th-RX relationship towards the end of the story.

4th and RX only shared one kiss but there is one segment on the consummation of their marriage (which is quite graphic).

I read Tong Hua's 2 other work and they are both heart-wrenching sad as well. :tears:

• Like 13

From Weibo: 598 lucky fans had been drawn by Namoo actors, for the final ep viewing with Lee joon gi next Tuesday. 

There was one lucky China fan and one Japanese fan.

Hope they all bring tissues along :)

• Like 23
1 hour ago, pass3rby said:

Hi everyone, is the photo collection still open? where can i send it?

I lured my son to go here this morning and then take a picture. I put the photo here. HOpe it's not too late yet.

Here is the link of the details. It is in Page 1 of this thread.

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/378975-current-drama-2016moon-lovers-❤-scarlet-heart-ryeo-달의-연인-보보경심-려-~-0-final-two-episodes-oct-31-nov-1/?page=1

• Like 9
12 minutes ago, karenestoya said:

Vote for LeeLee Couple here!! The SongSong Couple is already winning in http://www.hallyuvote.com/ let's show them our support! Thank youuu

I have voted during the Lee Joon Gi's poll. Straight 3 days did not allow me to vote. That website lost it's credibility since then.  I wonder who's the organizers of the website. They are just making money out of poor fans, may  not be directly but from every view of the website.  I'd prefer Lee Joon Gi to win acting awards.

• Like 12

My dear fellow inmates 

I know you might dislike me in a few seconds:

I don't want a second season .... the second season from the c-version was s**i and I don't think I could cope with our cast going thru another hard season.
Thru the fan-project some of us participate in and thru millions of comments we know MLSHR was not received in Korea as we feel about it and so they might as well say "No way"

And I am good with that.

I am still not sure if I can cope with Moonday and Tuesday ... *sigh*

• Like 17
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner