[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

12 minutes ago, karenestoya said:

Vote for LeeLee Couple here!! The SongSong Couple is already winning in http://www.hallyuvote.com/ let's show them our support! Thank youuu

I have voted during the Lee Joon Gi's poll. Straight 3 days did not allow me to vote. That website lost it's credibility since then.  I wonder who's the organizers of the website. They are just making money out of poor fans, may  not be directly but from every view of the website.  I'd prefer Lee Joon Gi to win acting awards.

• Like 12

My dear fellow inmates 

I know you might dislike me in a few seconds:

I don't want a second season .... the second season from the c-version was s**i and I don't think I could cope with our cast going thru another hard season.
Thru the fan-project some of us participate in and thru millions of comments we know MLSHR was not received in Korea as we feel about it and so they might as well say "No way"

And I am good with that.

I am still not sure if I can cope with Moonday and Tuesday ... *sigh*

• Like 17

2 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

anyway, just another thought about the elliptical nature of the writer's style and why she had to write in the part where WS was thrown into a wolf den during his days with the Kangs, its not just to endear viewers to his character:

1) WS is sent to live with the Kangs. Despite being lonely, he retains a speck of his idealism and makes do with the situation by being best friends with a tree called Pat Pat

2) WS gets thrown into the wolf den. The incident teaches him about survival and strips off his idealistic tendencies and yearnings for companionship. In order to stay alive under attack from the animals and the harsh winter, he does what he has to do, he burns down his only companion pat pat in order to survive. 

3) WS is hardened, he is apologetic for this actions but has no regrets. The incident shapes his character significantly. 

4) WS meets another companion in a human form, HS, whose hanja name means "Tree"

5) WS enters the palace, a metaphorical den of wolves (key wolf figures, Empress Yoo, WY, WWon, WWook, YH etc). He fights to survive and but will eventually be forced to make the decision to sacrifice HS, his only true companion. Only this time it is not a tree, but a human with the name of a tree. This eventually makes him into the true GJ.

From the very beginning the writer has given us hints that HS is doomed from the way her name was penned....it also serves to highlight the looping nature that fate likes to operate in (what comes around goes around). The story of WS is often told in circles (i.e. the incident with Eun's birthday). which also cleverly alludes to the theme of reincarnation; i think our OTP is forever fated to spiral endlessly into each other through time and space. Its my artistic opinion, but i am sure the writer had similar intentions, had she had the support  and resources to fully flesh out these poetic ambitions. 

It saddens me that this drama could really be that good. Sometimes i wish that this is not a k-drama, but a movie or some other form of production that is not as dictated and restrained by the demands of commercial success or popularity. However i will stay tuned to the ending, hoping that she will draw parallels from an insignificant incident that happens earlier in the drama and completely change the way we appreciate the story again. I wonder what that'll be. 

OMG. Can anyone give me the Hanja of "Hae Soo"? Isn't the Chinese symbol for tree this  one?

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

ROTFLMAO!!!! This is where the actual scene happenings not that beautiful as it shown. Kekekekke~~ PD-nim jjang! You executed it very well.. the infamous horse scoop riding.

*cough* pardon me.. I didn't mean to be pervert. But look at LJG left hand when his right hand holding blow-dryer.. He was placed on it at WHERE??!?!? Pfffth. *wrong focus*

I kinda regret watching it. Its destroy my fantasy :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

Completely skipped my mind.. can someone help me remind when did HS realize she fell in love with WS?

After lady oh's death, WS went away.. HS was sent to laundry dept... time skip.. Ws returns but HS rejects him then.. 

Infact the king dies and up until that moment HS has not considered WS romantically? And Mu becomes the king..

What happened then? I cn't recall...

I remember those outings at night and star gazing..where WS is wooing her and she is playing hard to get (meaning she has started to look at him in a romantic way)..

But what happened inbetween..

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Is there any video that has an English sub of this? 

OMG! Is that MLSHR and King&Clown mashed up to become Masquerade (2012 Lee Byung-hun film)?!!!

Yes, yes, I desperately need subs for this.

Edited by zi4r
  • Like 14