[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

7 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

I love this x1000!!!! 

The scene where So promises to make Yeon Hwa HIS ONE AND ONLY QUEEN and QUEEN MOTHER happens BEFORE the scene with Soo and Baek Ah.

I saw it as So condemning Soo to a lifetime of grievances! Making Yeon Hwa his only queen and promising her that her son will be the crown prince gives her so MUCH more power over Soo!

Can you imagine living with such a EVIL, HEARTLESS, UNDERHANDED SNAKE who hates you? Who'll probably torment you endlessly? Who will stop at nothing to get rid of you? And knowing you have no status....no family....ABSOLUTELY NO POWER to fight her off.......(think of Lady Oh and Queen Yo. King Taejo LOVED Lady Oh but that didn't protect her from the evil clutches of Queen Yo!)

And Yeon Hwa is only ONE person!....Imagine all of So's other enemies who will come after you and cause harm to you or him!....

i just can't sentence Soo to that kind of life.

So in the next scene with Soo telling Baek Ah she's willing to leave with Jung....

I was like "Yes! Save yourself and get away!"

Yup, totally agree with you.

There is no way Hae Soo will survive in the palace as long as YH is the Queen. Gwangjong will rule Goryeo but YH as Queen will rule the palace. Everything that happen in the palace will be YH's responsibility as Queen.

I can only imagine how miserable HS if she choose to stay in the palace.

She has to visit YH to show respect to the Queen

In every occasion or ceremony, YH will be the one sit next to WS, not her (she even might not get invited)

She has to witness YH giving birth to WS's children and congratulate her

Even if she has her baby, YH can claim and adopt the child

There is no way WS can always protect her because they have to follow the palace protocol to maintain stability. She will be Lady OH 2.0 that has to "wash the body of the woman who will become his", the woman who also kills her unborn child.

That kind of life is worst than death

• Like 20

One thing I do love about this series is that HS doesn't become the traditional heroine. She stands up for what she believes in even if it is front of WS. It takes great strength to stand up against your enemies and greater strength against your friends/loved ones(one of my fav lines from Harry Potter). The crazy queen may have deserved what she got in the end but HS was right to point out that because of WS, Jung couldn't be with their mother at the end. What she is also worried about is that this will cause a further drift between the brothers. Even WY had to acknowledge that the girl had some spunk in her. So all of the sudden, if WS becomes obsessed with her and tries to restrict her, she will break free. In the beginning, she was ready to die rather than be the kings woman. So WS knows unconsciously that she will leave him---thus the nightmares...

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I wasnt too keen on the idea of a season 2 of SHR in the modern era... Yeah the cversion one scared me but this mesh up WOW!!! I've changed my mind.  I want to see it but ALL casts must return. I hope to see the brothers bloom more and be happy together. Is that too much to wish for??

I'm so wish that ending will ALL of them in the modern setting. Please, but I dont think I will get that though. But hey, one can dream, right? :phew:

Anyway I was reading this one poem books by Rupi Kaur and this particular poem strikes me and instantly reminds me of our SoSoo couple. Here is the poem:

I didnt leave because

I stopped loving you

I left because the longer

I stayed the less 

I loved myself

Probably this one of the reason why Soo takes an immediate action after she read CR letter. Maybe she is just realized what she has becomes after loving So. 

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@enigmaticangel it could be. because of the surroundings. The rocks and grass seems like where the forced kiss took place. 

So many folks has asked about this Miryang lake :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

FYI, it has been touched up heavily by effects especially the flowers, the actual location doesnt look as good. The filming locations are in my signature.

Thank you so much:)  

• Like 6

The dreaded EPISODE 18.
When I thought I cannot handle it, i just watched bits and pieces of it, and read some spoiler, the crying reactions of those who viewed it.
I was kinda preparing myself, lol, to have the tenacity to watch it full.
And so I did, and it was like a dagger -to -the- heart ordeal. no kidding.

WHICH PART DID YOU CRY THE MOST THEN?

Spoiler

Me, i cried the most when So married YH.  I know I should have been prepared already and WS seemed to have just been "manipulated" to marry her.  But seeing it in actuality, it still hurt like hell ! 
And from there..So seemed to have gone down to a spiral of madness, his relationship with HS has become strained, When he married his niece he did not informed her, when he married YH, he did not informed her himself either. HS has to learn about it from everyone but him.
Then he lets those clans threaten him, and let Wook's mind-games get to him.  Then of course that barbaric brutality done to CR which he was not careful enough to not let HS witness such a traumatic incident. absurd isn't it?
Maybe indeed the throne is cursed, and whoever becomes King will never be at peace.

And so as I have read in several social media sites, there are few on the side of HS (because most is siding with So).
Hey, admittedly we cannot put all the blame on Hae Soo, she is a victim as well, plus her health is failing.  More of this stress and aggravation can easily kill her. 

We know HS loves So, truly loves him, but the question is, IS HER LOVE ENOUGH to heal him at that point? she is pouring her love to him, but his mind is all of keeping the power, controlling the clans, the ministers, getting even with Wook and the fact that he cannot accept why his mother is a Richard Simmons to the very end.
HS love is great, but the weight of the other things he is obsessing for is  great as well.

At first he said, he wanted to be King just because he wanted the madness to stop, and the killings to stop, of brothers against brothers.  But upon acquairing the throne, it seemed everything has changed in his mindset.  Disturbing.

With that being said, still we can hang on to hope that they still get a chance to happiness, if not in Goryeo, in another lifetime.

• Like 19

After analizing the leaked kiss and the BTS of the scene, I think is the forced kiss because at that time it was dark but the lights they use to shoot give the impression there is more light as if it were day as seen in the image. The collar of Hae Soo's clothes is white but here looks dark, it can be the sleeve of Wang So's clothing because while they were rehearsing the scene the sleeve was near to her neck giving the impression that she was wearing dark clothes, and about the hand in a moment she put this on his shoulder. The director maybe was analyzing what was the best angle to shoot the kiss, so the leaked kiss can be the rehearsing of the forced kiss. My assumptions may be wrong, we will see in the last episodes what is going to happen.

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1141826/list/93990

• Like 14

when Su announced that So is the king after Yoo dies JM face is really shocked... i wonder why he look surprise cause he did know that after Yo will be So turn to rule Goryeo.. maybe something also changed when Su did that.. history that being changed as far as now is Yo became a king when he not supposed to so what did Su changed by announcing So as a king.. this one i think maybe only JM will conclude but hey JM role is to make history real so any chance that its diverted he will be there... side eyes...................

also seriously do we really need a prove whether Su love So after episode 17??? she basically hand over the throne for him and lets face it whether that paper is blank or not only So know.. i loved how the writer insert the controversies whether 4th changed the king will in the novel too... but she don't waver (RX did pounder whether 4th did that) and just accepted what he said.. she sacrifice a whole lot allowing So to married YH and in a way denied her true self when she did that cause even So know that she hate multiple wives and now he got 2.. both of them for me love each other equally now but its just they in the wrong time and place....

i think deep down So already know that he will loss Su slowly when he married YH.. So know Su the best so in a way he know sooner or later she will break but the CR incident just make it faster.. So have no way to protect Su in term of feeling.. he can protect her in physical form but emotional scar he can't do anything to heal that one.. also the promise to YH about her as his only queen... this one for me show WHY KG don't married other woman.. its because he promise that she will be the only queen if she be his puppet and its not because of love but a bargain between a king and queen... there is no love just pure biz...

• Like 20

I just came back from travelling and wow the forum has moved very fast! 

I just want to share some of my experiences with watching the show... recently I went on another trip with my friends and Scarlet heart was showing on a streaming service in that country. My friends do not watch korean dramas because they find it too fluffy or there are just too much manhandling scenes (this is just their opinion, i think people are allowed to have their own diverse opinions on what content they like)... however since they have watched the C version before, and there was nothing on TV, we decided to give it a try (I kinda kept it to myself that i was crazy over this drama as i was initially very self conscious about it!). Anyway on the first episode, all of them agreed that it was a very bad drama, it lacked depth and some of the plot devices were just too "convenient" to be true. However, since we had nothing else to do, we just let the drama stream to the next episode while we each did our own things. Somehow by episode 2, they were hooked! and by episode 4 there was no turning back. Everyday we were hovering between life and death, making do with just 3-4 hours of sleep each day  as we had to wake up early to fulfil our itinerary but we still marathoner the drama until 2-3am every night! Till this day, everyone still agree that it was a bad drama, we still make jokes about how bad some of the scenes were (like how WS was so devoted to his mother because he was scared if he did't behave, she might push him like how she did in the scene with Jung). But the reason they continued to watch the show is because ever since WS was properly introduced in ep 2, they were invested in his character, it doesn't matter even if they found the plot preposterous, it doesn't matter that they had watched the C version and hated how the characters are now portrayed frivolously in the early episodes by kpop idols, they just wanted to find out what happens to WS in the end. 

After coming back from the trip, i gather that a lot of viewers have expressed anxiety over the ending or displeasure over HS's character. I think rather than trying to explain or debate this logically, and although i do agree with the fact that the female characters are grossly underdeveloped (it is a k-drama after all), i think the bias against HS's character is rather justifiable for 1 reason:
Since the beginning, many of us were invested solely in one character, which is WS alone. 

While some might say that WS is one of the most well developed characters in the drama, i beg to differ. I think the main problem with the drama is that it cannot decide what it is and tries to do too much. Same with WS's character, it is so ridiculously multi-faceted that some parts seem to be incompatible with others. I must admit that the writer has some shining moments, but in writing WS's character, i think she was too ambitious; he is at times ruthless, at times compassionate; at times cunning, at times naive and innocent. At times deadly serious but sometimes funny. Sometimes unreasonably possessive, but sometimes operates with a god-like benevolence.....Honestly on paper, i really don't know what to make of this character. I think this is one of the reasons why people got anxious and distressed when they introduced WS 2.0 in ep 17, because huh? more variations are introduced at such a late stage of the story? really?

I think the key reason that makes WS such a compelling character is not the writing, but the performance. Despite WS's ridiculously duplicitous nature, LJG's performance still manages to convince the viewer of his character, every single time. We believe in his character unquestionably because he is acted out perfectly by LJG. I feel that the other cast members are good actors in their own right, but they just couldn't  rise above the haphazard plots or the lack of screen time to build characters compelling enough. As a result, most of us are watching the show invested in only 1 character, which is WS played by LJG. 

On a separate note, i too have anxiety over the ending, after investing so much of my time, i want the production to give me a satisfying closure.

Spoiler

I have been speculating non stop about how it ends... and somehow, i think we are unlikely to see a modern day reunion. There are just not enough episodes to left squeeze all the plot in and still show a proper reunion in the modern day. my opinion is that if its not well done, better not show it. 

anyhow, here is what i think will go down for ep 19 -20:

1) showdown between WS and WW. out of spite, WW shares his past history with HS

2) WS is broken by this, confronts HS and threatened to never see her again

3) at this time, WJ leads and army to the palace to take HS/ or revolt

4) (this is the missing baek ah scene) in the revolt, richard simmons goes down, and maybe WH gets killed.

5) WJ claims HS using the hairpin that was given to her by WS. WS is inconsolable

6) BH is seriously pissed of at HS as he felt used as a pawn in a situation where HS was unable to predict the devastating consequences of her actions. 

7) WS is finally broken. Despite many years of convincing himself of the contrary and claiming possession of BH and HS, he finally accepts that he is alone. He drives away HS, BH and perhaps eventually JM.

8) after this fiasco, HS moves on with WJ, but is traumatised again by the consequences of her actions. She sends a final letter to WS and passes away. (I think they might rush her death, maybe have her accidentally transported back to the future by falling into a lake etc). 

9) HS goes back to the future, survives and meets JM. JM shares that he retains memories of his past life in his dreams. In his dreams, he dreamt of GJ devastated upon hearing of HS's death and eventually imprisoning himself in a den of enemies (a wife who schemes against him and children who do not side with him). While GJ continues to rule efficiently, he has emotionally collapsed and JM keeps him sane by constantly telling him that HS is from the future, and they might meet again. 

10) before dying a lonely death, GJ, after depleting all his resources to travel to the future with no avail, asks JM for a final favour. that if JM ever travels to the future again, he should find HS and recite to her his reply to her final letter. In the letter, he promised again that he will never let her go and that he will keep trying to meet her even after death. (this will be the same line as the one he said after the bb cream application scene) 

11) in order to keep his promise to the king in his dream, modern day JM purposely sought out Ha Jin during an eclipse. Somehow with the knowledge of Goryeo Ji Mong, he realises that one can experience their previous life at a point of near death during an eclipse. he stages this so that Ha Jin can remember her past life as HS before he recites GJ's letter to her (if not it would not make sense) 

12) JM recites' GJ's final message. Ha Jin/Hae Soo obtains closure. As she treasures every word that GJ has returned her, even if he is not there, she feels his presence everywhere in this kingdom that he created for her future self;  in the softly wavering trees, in the breeze and the efferverscent lake etc (even as i am writing this, i'm like richard simmons don't let this happen). 

13) As the show closes, JM reminds HJ that both he and her exists in this era, who is to say that WS doesn't?

14) . and maybe we might get a very very short glimpse of modern WS somewhere, doing his own thing and waiting to be discovered by HJ. 

SHOW ENDS

REAL LIFE RESUMES FOR ME. 

but anyway, i have decided to not be anxious about the ending anymore, it may happen like i want it to, it may not, but one thing is for sure. LJG will absolutely kill it and I will just relax and enjoy his performance. 

• Like 24

Chingu, while nursing a depressing heart. I decided to stalk IU and Joongi's account for a hint of any possible ending. Remember in ep 1, Ha Jin's hair was dyed brownish color. I saw a photo of IU, 20 weeks ago that is the similar color and hairstyle as her ep 1 hairdo as Ha Jin and... before that, her hair color was black in color and Joon Gi's first scene with her is around Jan which was winter in Korea. Winter in Korea is different as it is from Dec to March and generally very cold. Apr to end June is spring and ep 1 before she drowns, the weather was sunny, people are wearing clothing that they wear in spring/summer. Somehow, I believe, the modern scene was shot as the last few scenes before they wrap up. By then maybe Joongi already cut his hair. I believe someone said his last scene was the riding horse scene that was used when he was going back to Songak from Jin but maybe he just use that picture in order to keep the ending from revealing. Joongi did say in an interview that Moon Lovers is to be view as a different workpiece from the novel even if it is an adapted from the novel. Somehow I feel maybe even if they meet in modern days, So might remember Soo as his character description did say he still wish to be Soo's lover in the next life. To cure my broken heart from reading the recap and for not being able to watch ep 17 and 18 yet, I decided to write a fanfic while waiting for the ending to come.

It was fun reading all the analysis and jumping between this thread and the shipper thread. LOL

• Like 20

4 hours ago, hrkharis said:

It seems that HS will leave the palace already in WS's dream.
In episode 17, when WS was sleeping, he had a dream and suddenly woke up and called HS's name.

Spoiler

I was thinking the same thing! It just kills me how panicked he looks when he first sits up. Then when he sees her.... the relief is palatable. Ugh. I'm going to be a MESS at the end.

4 hours ago, kilovekyo said:

Sorry i couldn't remember who has shared this video before. Thank you for share it also who made this :heart: so please take a look again... 

:tears: I'm so sad remember all those words from our beloved Wang So and Hae Soo :bawling:  

Wang So "i love you"

Hae Soo "next time, don't forget it"

Wang So "i will never let you go"

I love this video so much. It just perfectly captures all their beautiful interactions... you can really feel the love. <3 <3 <3 <3

Way to go, you guys. Now I'm crying at work. *sigh* This show.....

Edited by LyraYoo
pl
  • Like 15

What would So say to Soo if he meets her again? Maybe something like this?

"Don't think I'm crazy, but I've been having these dreams ever since I can remember, and, and in my dreams, you're always there....sometimes you're happy and laughing, and sometimes you're sad, you're crying..." his voice trails off. He looks at her mutely.

"And, sometimes in my dreams, I'm riding a horse, and there are men in armour, and strange faces, angry faces, raised voices, swords..."

"And sometimes," his voice falters,"there's blood," he brushes a hand over his brow. "Lots of blood...," he stares down at his hands. "Those dreams," his voice drops to a whisper, "are the worst."

• Like 14

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

Has anyone been reading A Bit of Moonlovers? Her chapter 13 with the imagined ending is fantastic: 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8292413/chapters/19020331

Basically, Wang So wakes up in a body in modern Korea 7 years earlier than when Ha Jin goes back in time. He figures out how to live in the world and he sees her once, but she doesn't recognize him because she hasn't gone back in time yet. He's devastated, but decides to wait until she does remember him. 3 years later, Ha Jin suffers the accident that causes her drowning. He recognizes her on the news and when she comes out of her coma, she's really different. You gotta read the rest, it's SO GOOD. 

Oh. This made me cry.  It is good.  

• Like 8