[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, geexx said:

Hi ! I am a new member after a long time being a silentreader kkk~ anyone can explain to me why did yeon hwa become the queen ? I mean, where is wang so's first wife (Mu's daughter) ???

Hi @geexx Welcome to this crazy thread:PGlad you can join us to share your opinion.WangSo's first wife is too young and she was sent to a temple to live there as per the agreement between Mu and WangSo.She is to become a priestess as mentioned by WooHee in this episode.YeonHwa's family made an offer to WangSo to marry her.Since HaeSoo doesn't want to be queen,WangSo accepts the offer...YeonHwa is,after all,from a strong clan and he needs to consolidate power.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

We can't catch a break every week. At this rate we will die of heart attack. :lol:

We will all have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) after the finale so dramagods please be good to us...:fearful:

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, I was thinking about this too.

I don't normally save pic/gif of any dramas, coz if I start, I won't have enough space in my laptop. But just have to save this one for calming and healing purpose while waiting for next week, and maybe till after the finale, depending on how the drama will end.

And now presenting the death tally:

Ep.05 – Lady Hae

Ep.11 – Lady Oh

Ep.13 – King Taejo

Ep.14 – Wang Mu

Ep.16 – Wang Eun couple

Ep.17 -  Wang Yo

Ep.18 – Queen Yoo

Ep.19 – WooHee/Wook/Won?

Ep.20 – Hae Soo?

Did I miss anyone? Sorry couldn't include YH in the list.

The horse, the monks, the tree

• Like 11

I feel so depressed after watching ep 18:tears:  

Even if Hae Soo go back 21th century and meet with Wang So, it will not satisfy me at all. Because the main reason of why we like this story so much is the love story between Wang So and Hae Soo in these conditions of Goryeo. They loved each other despite all. I feel sad when I think that Hae Soo will die and how Wang So will continue to live all alone in his entire life. I don't want to face with such a tragedy next week. My heart isn't ready for this:bawling:

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

WHEW I finally caught up LOL So Soo many emotions, pun intended :bawling:

Thoughts on GJ's willingness to throw So away so quickly after learning about WW:
He was basically pushed over the edge by all the other contributing factors that's why he threw his tempter tantrum.
1. Ever since he took over the throne, he'd have to fight for it. He cant even sleep well at night for fear of everyone, minus BA and JM, plotting against him.
2. His mom, who only treated him like he's an animal, died without making him feel like she loved him at all.
3. Getting rejected by the woman that he loves AGAIN and then being FORCED to get married to a half-sister snake by his brother snake.  

Of course he'd feel betrayed. It's all too much for one man to take. Cut him some slack. Yes, its a shame that all his character development for the past 17 episodes went down the drain, but honestly after all he's had to go through, and is still going through, after taking over the throne - finding out the man he loathes the most almost took his woman away is just the cherry on top. But dont loose faith guys, I'm sure we'll see WS back next Tuesday :dissapointed:

DRAMA GODS PLS BE KIND

WS that we going to see next tuesday is the broken and shattered So.. the one who loss his light of life and his one true love.. So that we all loved and cherish will die with Soo and the only thing left in Goryeo as for now is KG.... 

i just want to go to Goryeo pack both of So and Soo bag and drowned them to transport back to 20th century.. put them in the room until they fall in love get married and have a lot of babies..

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Killa92 said:

But fortunately  Wang So didn't lost his virgin to Yeonhwa but Haesoo lol xd ;) 

HAHHAH! Gee, I'm so liking this.. You just made me stand at the byuntae zone's door :w00t:

But this.. I wanted to stick with the thought that they did the deed when the candle went off.. but during when HS makes WS writes the poem over and over again.. their conversation goes like before babies we should marry first.. with that I'm really not sure anymore..

but more of me thinks:

So: marriage? but we've done it before :phew:

HS: *inserts bts clip, HS serving his meal from the rocky steep--chicken*  Poem.. poem.. write me more!! (can't find the right gif :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, bitofmadness said:

I don’t know if it is the writer’s intention (or just a case of bad editing) to let the story unfold in such an open-ended and ambiguous manner. 

We might be watching the same scenes, but all of us interpret them differently. Whose fault is it (or maybe it's no one's fault) that the So-Soo ship is sinking? Is it HS and her 21st century bubble?  So and his iron fist? Wook and his jealous ex-bf tendencies? YH and her ambition? Won the Weasel? CR’s blind love? Jung’s mamas boy personality? JM’s words of wisdoms (or gibberish)? Fate? A series of unfortunate events?  A series of bad decisions? Bad luck Brian? Wrong place wrong time aka Goryeo? Certain things should have happened? A combination of everything? 

Well one thing is for sure. This drama is very good for film and literature studies because students will have a lot of opportunities to analyse and make their own arguments. I once took a course on fiction of love: film and literature during uni, and I had to read/watch so many tragic love stories. I can’t believe that I am putting my heart on the line again. Anyway good night from this side of the world! :wub:

It shouldn't be bad editing if one makes you think. That means the PD and writer don't take the viewers for an idiot. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, violet90 said:

WS that we going to see next tuesday is the broken and shattered So.. the one who loss his light of live and his one true love.. So that we all loved and cherish will die with Soo and the only thing left in Goryeo as for now is KG.... 

i just want to go to Goryeo pack both of So and Soo bag and drowned them to transport back to 20th century.. put them in the room until they fall in love get married and have a lot of babies..

and surrounded by candles. :wub: this is the dream

• Like 14

Just now, dea97 said:

Honestly, I dont know which character I am gonna side on after this episode...I feel confused...huhuhu..

nobody can get a side now.. not even BA will have a happy ending..

for me i will side with the modern character of So and Soo... LOL

• Like 17

52 minutes ago, jadecoral said:

The message the writer wants to give us is: Always have a rose petaled bath when you're thinking about putting your son on the throne.

Haha, your comment made me laugh when I was too upset with all the things that are about to happen. Yeah you're right, we had Queen Yo who successfully applied that method and now YH is doing the same. Those two wicked women should have gone to hell together hand in hand so they wouldn't be lonely (they could either become friends as they are so much alike or continue their hostile talks out of detestation for each other) and left the world in peace :sweatingbullets:

• Like 15

36 minutes ago, imaginary24 said:

@Ainee Etp with the ruckus storyline and two more episodes left, I don't think we have time for the pregnancy to happen. Unless the writer wished us (the viewer) to become mentally and emotionally crazier than how we all already are. :crazy:

maybe the pregnancy thing will happen after she left?

• Like 7

I can't be the only one now looking forward to when So finds out that Soo's dead, right? RIGHT? That scene will be awesome, especially if So starts to put two and two together and realizes that she knew she was dying and that's why she left him.

Man, I can't wait for next week, not only for that scene, but so I can finally get my life back from this monster called MLSHR.

• Like 22

Hello. I've been a silent lurker here since episode 2. After watching the latest episode I feel the need to get something off my chest. Please bear with me. I will not talk about Hae Soo because she was never consistent with her words. Instead, I want to talk about Wang So.

Right from the start Wang So was emotionally scarred and starved for acceptance and love. Hae Soo had been a good influence to him, even motivating him to live like a person. But after Eun died, Wang So had finally become unhinged. His feelings for Hae Soo remained unchanged, but he is no longer the same person whose world revolved simply around Hae Soo.

When he finally became King, he not only felt he was alone, there was so much opposition from all sides. Even as a King he could not freely marry the love of his life. Worse, his own mother even till the very end hated him. The show didn't give him (and us) closure about their relationship. I would have wanted to see her be sorry for past her actions, but she never, not even once, showed remorse. I really would have wanted to see that kind of scene. (Instead we got scenes showing Chaeryung and how she fell for Won. ) What kind of a mother would hate her son, who never did anything wrong to her?

The court was literally empty except for Jimong and Baekha. Even the General left. The people around him are scheming against him. Like vultures, his enemies are just waiting for his downfall. He is now very bitter after being forced to marry Yeonhwa, and equally frustrated at the growing distance between him and Hae Soo.  She maybe his woman, who promised to never leave him, but after Chaeryung's demise immediately decided to forsake him. 

I do miss the old Wang So, the one who's willing to leave the palace for Hae Soo's sake. But I feel the change in him is quite realistic under those circumstances.  It's the editing which is the main problem.  Trying to put everything in the last 4 episodes is simply not possible. There I've said my piece. 

I will watch Moon Lovers to the end. Whatever the ending might be, I will support Moon lovers 100%.

(If I could make a wish, I wished there was no 14th prince in this drama. The actor was so likeable in Page Turner. Sigh.)

• Like 24

I have only read and watched the recaps but I'm starting to feel fed up with the both of them, SoSoo. They both are at fault.  They say one thing and end up doing another thing.  Promises and commitments are a joke in this drama.  But maybe that's why I'm feeling so hopeless right now, yet can't abandon this relationship. Because what this drama does show really well is how freaking flawed and human we all are. How we all have good intentions yet hurt those closest to us.  How hard it is to bridge our differences if we allow miscommunications and misunderstandings to come between us. SoSoo's relationship is so realistic it hurts us because we have all experienced one thing or another that they have gone through.  This relationship between them is not fluffy and warm. One minute I'm siding with So, the next with Soo.  But this is because we can witness it from both point of view. I feel like my best friends are breaking up and I don't know who's right and who's wrong.  I just know I don't want them to break up. I want them to stay together happily and be my best friends forevermore.  Don't make me choose sides!

• Like 17