[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Has anyone of you watched a kdrama and reacted the same way before? This is the last time I am watching a drama live. It has destroyed my daily life! But I cannot let go. I will endure till next Tuesday.

Ep 18 is hard to rewatch. We have body count in almost every episode since ep 5. It is tiring and depressing.

Good stuff: couple date. OTP looked so lovely together especially when he hugged her from behind and planted a kiss on her cheek. 

Sad stuff: HS telling So that she was alright with not marrying him. They were both not ok - neither were we. So's longing for motherly love never stopped. I wasn't sure if Queen Yoo was trying to touch or scratch his face. Oh well - just assume she caressed his face.

Bad stuff: Jung's facial hair is magnified on TV. Awful. He needs facial wax asap. 

Soo and her departure: Many are hopping mad. Some  mad with Soo, some mad with So.

In one of my earlier posts - I mentioned about love changes over time.  Soo is still Soo. But the rest of her world is changing. Gwangjong is no longer the So she knows. Chae Ryeong was also one of her first friends in Goryeo. The first few people that she met when she was first transported to Goryeo are no longer around - Lady Hae, CR, Eun...how many deaths can one take in a span of 10 years? I am afraid I can't take even a death of a loved one every 10 years - what more one almost every year or every other year for Soo? She witnessed the deaths of Lady Hae, CR, Eun, Soon Deok, Lady Oh (she didn't see the hanging but it was bad enough), King Taejo, CP Mu, Prince Yo...did I miss out anyone? 

I will give Hae Soo a break. I don't agree with everything she does - but I can understand. So is angry but at least he already knew there was someone before him. His ego is terribly bruised and he is hurt by Soo's misunderstanding of his actions. 

Her heart has weakened significantly - starting with the decision to let So marry YH. I am not sure how long Soo stood at the praying rocks on the wedding day but she was there from day till night - thus CR brought her the pillow or warmer for her aching legs.  Every step So makes that she doesn't agree with weakens her further. Jung's exile, refusal to let Jung see his mother, So's anger and sadness...the list goes on. CR's death is the first nail into Soo's coffin (CR's death inevitable in my opinion - not that cruel compared to steaming! She was chirpy even in her death letter. Duh!) 

If So misses the opportunity to say his final good bye to Soo - that will complete the cycle of pain for this ill fated couple. I am as tired as Soo. Had she known so much could happen - she should have either died when she cut her wrist or marry King Taejo in ep 6. Had I known, I wouldn't have started this painful love affair with MLSHR. (I didn't watch BBJX live so that doesn't count.)

I am too tired. Sleep beckons. 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, jadecoral said:

The message the writer wants to give us is: Always have a rose petaled bath when you're thinking about putting your son on the throne.

maybe like Queen Yoo, she was planning to get rid of HS while taking a bath.. either her or Wook will telltale of the past rendevous..

• Like 6

Wait lemme think how to phrase so y'all who are still angry or confused can at least consider this point.Erm...I get why most or some of you like don't seem to feel any regret or sadness when ChaeRyung has to die.But remember that Many ChaeRyung-HaeSoo scenes were omitted from being aired due to time constraint(was mentioned in an interview before I think).So if we had seen those scenes,maybe we might have viewed ChaeRyung's death differently.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, geexx said:

Hi ! I am a new member after a long time being a silentreader kkk~ anyone can explain to me why did yeon hwa become the queen ? I mean, where is wang so's first wife (Mu's daughter) ???

If I remember correctly, Moo said that because the girl was so little to make offspring she can be the second wife instead...and the title for queen/first wife was empty. 

• Like 11

so in the end So never know about Soo illness???

this even make me even scared to see how So will react knowing all this time that she suffering with him , smiling happily and stand by him knowing she will dies... and the thought that he keep pushing and punishing Soo for thing that happen 7 years ago , adding to him can't even see her at her last moment just make my heart hurt so much... at least 4th in BBJX know RX sick so he always taking care of her even when she hate him... 

if So did't make it when Soo dies and for me its more heart breaking than 4th... cause So did't know how much Soo suffer from her sickness and in the end he the one that send her away.... 

brace your heart cause i think this scene will break your heart into a billion pieces......:tears:

• Like 23

Just now, geexx said:

Hi ! I am a new member after a long time being a silentreader kkk~ anyone can explain to me why did yeon hwa become the queen ? I mean, where is wang so's first wife (Mu's daughter) ???

Moo and WS agreed that she will just be a concubine since she was just a kid.. its like its only on paper, so that they could protect the child..

that's why that richard simmons became a queen... with the clans behind that pressure...

i think, they have that privelege to choose who will be the next heir and wife....

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, rumasa79 said:

The ship has not sunk yet. Wang So is still very much on board, isn't it Hae Soo who decides to jump ship to Jung's lifeboat?

I ain't blinded by LJG's royal hotness, I sorta surrender to it. LOL

LOL I burst into laughter reading this :D

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

though i hate YH here, its the best ive seen her so far... i pity her in this ep because she kept lowering herself to WS.. you deserve that richard simmons..

LJG looked so haggard,,, like so stressed being a king... LJG the best actor (as ive said, SBS... just give the damn award to my WS)

Haesoo haesoo haesoo... i would leave too with all those happenings... but i cannot leave either because i wanted to protect WS from getting more berserk mode...

though i dont understand anything, when they flashed back the scene where WS said that Queen Yoo will only look at him, that was the thing why he was the one taking care of her.. its some kind of twisted revenge... however, at the expense of Jung...

its kinda refreshing to see them argue like husband and wife (because of Jung).. its feels like its just one of those times you have to understand your husband even if you don't..

CR, sad to see her like that, WS should have told HS and just locked CR for a long time.. why does he have to resolve like this? it should be WWon...... Argh!

my heart's failing me right now,, i can't also breathe, but i do understand... what the heck...

Maybe he still needs Won to get to Wook.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cojulie said:

Another thing I'm curious about - aren't there implications of trying to make Wook into a traitor?  Wouldn't that also strip away the alliance with the Hwangbo clan since their entire family would be labeled as traitors (like Eun)?  That would make his marriage to YH pointless wouldn't it?  Maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

Yeah, I was thinking about this too.

2 hours ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:

such an angsty episode

thank goodness this calmed me down a bit!

I don't normally save pic/gif of any dramas, coz if I start, I won't have enough space in my laptop. But just have to save this one for calming and healing purpose while waiting for next week, and maybe till after the finale, depending on how the drama will end.

And now presenting the death tally:

Ep.01 – Horsey

Ep.03 – Mute Monks

Ep.05 – Lady Hae

Ep.11 – Lady Oh

Ep.13 – King Taejo

Ep.14 – Wang Mu

Ep.16 – Wang Eun couple

Ep.17 -  Wang Yo

Ep.18 – Queen Yoo, ChaeRyung

Ep.19 – WooHee/Wook/Won?

Ep.20 – Hae Soo?

Did I miss anyone? Sorry couldn't include YH in the list.

• Like 15

@moonlover399993 You can come and we can take with us the old version of Wang So as our guardian, with all its bad temper but he was funny. The actual one is too influenced by the bad atmosphere in the palace, poor him that has to endure someone equal to his mother as his wife for the rest of his life.

I don't think all this mess it's Hae Soo's fault, or the itself Wang So he just wanted peace and that there was no more bloodshed, but neither took into consideration that the real danger were the evil siblings, Queen Yo and WY are two tender lambs compared with these two. The poisoner and ambitious sister, and the cowardly and murdered brother, who played their best card with the help of their beloved mother who didn't kill even a fly but eventually pulled out her claws. Although this story can have a sad ending, I'll be happy if the Hwangbo receive a spoonful of their own chocolate  evil smile onion head

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

however, the betrayal began even before WS became king.. second maybe he purges first before making those changes to fill the positions in the government, maybe it is usual that clans starts planning behind his back

That's why 5 more episodes will do more good to the story. Everything felt so packed to reach the climax (typically a crisis) so that the story can be wrapped up in 20 episodes.

• Like 5

And next GJ say will not seeing HS again, but still can't let her go? Oh yeah, his love truly abussive.

And that's remind me with anotha chinese novel Gu Fang Bu Zhi Shang (A Lonesome Fragrance Waiting to be Appreciated), where the heroine can't free herself from hero's destructive love. 

And here I lost hope for our happy ending OTP :bawling:

• Like 6

I read some of you think WS change too fast,somehow I feel the other way around.He started to change since WE death then enforced by sitting in that Damn throne. I feel I already lost my cute adorkable WS since last episode when he didn't share with HS whatever is in his mind or whatever it is that concerned him.my reaction to that was.."oh no..no,no,no" it's a symptom I know personally. He's building up a wall.

He was someone who used to built walls around his heart to protect himself from heartbreak because of the what happened when he grew up.when someone/HS breakdown those walls he become vulnerable.

Being on the throne lonely with nobody to trust except 4 people (General Park basically "abandon" him,JM priority is Goryeo not WS so he only have HS n BA against the world now) must be very hard especially when other people are trying to plot against you,manipulate you or basically trying to put a new leash on you 24/7.it's another betrayal after betrayal for him. building a higher,thicker,stronger wall than before is a natural defense mechanism for him other wise he will brake under pressure. HS's "betrayal" will only make him throw away the key of that wall..then when there's no more people to be trusted..bye,bye sanity..

I might not like WS 2.0 but I can understand him coz I myself has already been in his position (without siblings blood bath of course)..heck,I can be his female version actually..haha

HS's role in Goryeo done already..WS has become the king..time to go back sweetie..there's nothing you can do to change anything anymore :tears:

• Like 18

WHEW I finally caught up LOL So Soo many emotions, pun intended :bawling:

Thoughts on GJ's willingness to throw So away so quickly after learning about WW:
He was basically pushed over the edge by all the other contributing factors that's why he threw his tempter tantrum.
1. Ever since he took over the throne, he'd have to fight for it. He cant even sleep well at night for fear of everyone, minus BA and JM, plotting against him.
2. His mom, who only treated him like he's an animal, died without making him feel like she loved him at all.
3. Proposing and then getting rejected by the woman that he loves AGAIN and then being FORCED to get married to a half-sister snake by his brother snake.  

Of course he'd feel betrayed. It's all too much for one man to take. Cut him some slack. Yes, its a shame that all his character development for the past 17 episodes went down the drain, but honestly after all he's had to go through, and is still going through, after taking over the throne - finding out the man he loathes the most almost took his woman away BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO MARRY HIM  is just the cherry on top. But dont loose faith guys, I'm sure we'll see a snippet of WS back next Tuesday :dissapointed:

DRAMA GODS PLS BE KIND.
EDIT: dont want any rumors being spread because I said we'll hopefully see WS back on Tuesday. I say Tuesday because the Monday episode would most likely have GJ ruling over everyone. Episode 20 is where we see WS back pining for his lost love most likely.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, I was thinking about this too.

I don't normally save pic/gif of any dramas, coz if I start, I won't have enough space in my laptop. But just have to save this one for calming and healing purpose while waiting for next week, and maybe till after the finale, depending on how the drama will end.

And now presenting the death tally:

Ep.05 – Lady Hae

Ep.11 – Lady Oh

Ep.13 – King Taejo

Ep.14 – Wang Mu

Ep.16 – Wang Eun couple

Ep.17 -  Wang Yo

Ep.18 – Queen Yoo

Ep.19 – WooHee/Wook/Won?

Ep.20 – Hae Soo?

Did I miss anyone? Sorry couldn't include YH in the list.

You forgot horsey in ep 1:bawling:

• Like 12

I don’t know if it is the writer’s intention (or just a case of bad editing) to let the story unfold in such an open-ended and ambiguous manner. 

We might be watching the same scenes, but all of us interpret them differently. Whose fault is it (or maybe it's no one's fault) that the So-Soo ship is sinking? Is it HS and her 21st century bubble?  So and his iron fist? Wook and his jealous ex-bf tendencies? YH and her ambition? Won the Weasel? CR’s blind love? Jung’s mamas boy personality? JM’s words of wisdoms (or gibberish)? Fate? A series of unfortunate events?  A series of bad decisions? Bad luck Brian? Wrong place wrong time aka Goryeo? Certain things should have happened? A combination of everything? 

Well one thing is for sure. This drama is very good for film and literature studies because students will have a lot of opportunities to analyse and make their own arguments. I once took a course on fiction of love: film and literature during uni, and I had to read/watch so many tragic love stories. I can’t believe that I am putting my heart on the line again. Anyway good night from this side of the world! :wub:

• Like 15