[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, W1nt3rB3ar said:

Too much death in this drama.

Wang Wook's wifey , the king , Crown prince( Wang Muk) , Wang Eun & his wifey, Wang Yo, Wang So's mother, and who's next ? 

Goryeo, the land where everyone dies if you put so much trust to a person.

BTW, HS will reveal to WS she's from the future right?? That's what happen in C Version.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Weird, GJ and JG, this role is really destined for Lee Joon Gi :D

I miss that Wang So ponytail.

And Hae Soo taught him the promise gesture .  sweetdrop onion head

i really LOVE wang so's gesture to protect HS so the big guy walking doesnt hit her (03.00 - 06.00)  the only scene besides the kiss on cheek scene that is very light to watch this episode. other scenes are just too much ;/

Edited by LyraYoo
  • Like 16

12 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Can't think of any actor who can play this role to a T!! Just love him to bits:wub:

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, paldia said:

After today's episode I have a feeling that when HS is dieing Jung won't let WS see her for the last time. :S

I read somewhere that said K-drama is adapted from novel instead of C-drama. And in novel, 4th prince does see HS before she dies.

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

HS is still around in the preview of ep 19 so I guess it took some time for BA to deliver the hairpin to Jung. I want to see HS now trying to convince KG that he is her one true love. The sadistic side of me wishes that KG orders HS to marry WW, better late than never, and while WW is in prison for his crimes, HS will be home making soap.

Sorry for the rant.

Lol, that last part about making soap gave me a good laugh. 

I agree. If you weight the scale So has done so much more sacrificing for Soo. Ofc it was out of his own choice but seriously Soo's reaction to how he delt with CR is a little too over board. CR helped killed Moo pretty much. I have no sympathy for a murderer. HS needs to see things clearly it's annoying. Her love for So is him doing what she wants? How much longer can he do that? Besides he's King if he's not killing those plotting against him should he just sit nicely take her advice get poisoned and die too? It's Goryeo not Seoul there is no justice like Yo said I was just trying to survive!!!! At least So isn't just killing to kill he has reasons legit reasons not made up reasons. 

At this point, if So seeks solace in YH it's totally understandable. Shoot, in his shoes I would too especially after finding out it was Wook all along? Seesh. He's king and still does his best to make Soo happy but all she sees is his bad side? As if So is having it easy. Instead of turning to Jung she should stay by his side but oh talk about breaking promises. 

I get she's not from that time and can't cope with their methods but hasn't she realized by now nothing is going to change in Goryeo. My biggest disappointment in Soo is her lack to try and understand So. She wants things her way and when it's not she's fed up and wants out? You knew getting involved with him wasn't going to be a smooth ride you still chosed it but now it's too much? What about him, his feelings don't matter? After all he has done for you? You can't look pass one evil deed?  That in my eyes was just lol. This girl has no loyalty. Her love can change. I guess it makes sense she did jump from Wook to So. Learn a little from CR hehe and her love was false yet her loyalty stands even over their friendship, even when she knew she was wrong. 

I love IU but Soo at this point not so much. 

• Like 19

24 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

This episode at least consoled me by these fact:

1. WS never thought of marrying YH for even a second, even when facing numerous threats. He only marries YH because HS asked him to do that.

2. He left YH on their wedding night, practically ask her to do her act as a queen and never to cross the line ever again. I think he meant, going near HS and talking about how HS will never be a queen on his concubine. WS has gotten smarter, knowing YH is the one telling HS about her scar being the obstacle to their marriage. He is so cruellll to YH and I was SO happy about it!!

3. He pushed YH away, knowing she's not HS just by her snake smell. And when YH thought she can convince him on baby-making scheme, he gave her another cruel option. To throw away Wook and her family. I must be a pyscho, cause I love it!! I love it every time WS threw cruel words at her and she looks like she's going to lose it! YES!!

What I hate:

1. HS is so adamant about CR's punishment is too cruel. Yes, CR is like a sister to her, but remember when she said Wang Mu is like a brother to her? CR killed Wang Mu! And Wang Mu is WS's beloved brother (other than BA).

2. Just one incidence of CR's death and now you wanna leave WS?? Where's your promise to stay by him forever? At least RX is leaving the palace because 4th prince was so angry with her and never visit her again.

I hope HS has better reason to leave the palace. Like she did not want WS to know she's dying.

Where I cried :

The part when WS marries YH and HS wearing her own wedding gown, alone and thinking of WS. That's so choking sad...

Me too. Who write this drama? :tears: Do you have to be so cruel to us?

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

Also, was it just me or was anyone else bothered they chose to play the Death Song during Queen Yoo's death scene... I'm sorry, that song is reserved for good people who don't deserve to die. You should have gotten an out of tune bagpipe playing over your death or something (though that would ruin WS's tearful revenge scene and that was beautiful). 

Like seriously, Lady Hae, Court Lady Oh, Eun and Seon Deok, .....and Evil Queen?! *sigh*

100% agreed. The evil hag doesn't deserve that beautiful song. Playing it during her death scene makes her equal to Lady Hae, Court Lady Oh...? -> NO WAY!!!!!

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Isache said:

Aigoo, I should have just stuck with re-watching my Pyeha's cutie butt clip instead of going for ep 18.

The actings are all good and our So is so awesome as usual but the pace is just too rushed. Squeezing all into one episode and leaving no room for viewers to go deeper into the emotions that each scene would have warrant. It's akin to taking a roller-coaster ride.  By the time, you decide to give in to your emotions and scream at the TOP of your lungs and take in the thrill, you find that you've reached your station. Whoever decides on 20 episodes is simply too ambitious and ought to join CR in that sushi mat. 

Surprisingly, my pitchfork wasn't going for loser Wook or CR or YH or Won. It was gunning for .......

:angry: Soo ya, why are you doing it again and again and again? Breaking promises thrice isn't cool at all. You promised So that you will never break the trust and turn your back on him but you did when you misunderstood those visions and he forgave you. Then you promised not to lie but you did when you hid Eun and he forgave you again! Now you promised never to leave him and will always be by his side but you are asking Jung to take you away? Not only that, you gave away your beloved's gift of love to another man? 

Seriously, didn't BA explain clearly to you that So's reason of killing CR was because he wanted to protect you from being used by CR again. The fact that you were almost accused of poisoning Wu if not for the crazy Yo who wasn't not keen in taking your life? You could have become another Oh Sanggong. BA also told you that So initially didn't intend to kill CR but to release her from the palace as he's aware that she was someone dear to you and hurting her would hurt you. However, CR used you again to plead with So to let her stay so that she could continue as a spy. Even after realising how much CR has lied to you, you still decide on leave So. 

At the rate that it's going, I'll very soon be joining Soo having that clenching-of-heart disease. :confounded:

I said this already and I say it again. HS or Go Ha Jin is stupid. Not just stupid but too stupid to use her head to think. That is why she got cheated by her boyfriend and best friend. Believe me, I have met this type of people. My late father told me, this kind of stupidity is actually some sort of sickness. This type of people need drama in their life. Without drama they will find life is empty and boring . The keep repeating the same mistake. What I mean by drama is, they need some sort of issue in their daily life to think about. So that they can rant, cry, sob,beating their chest and  whatsover.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

i think i'll just repeat this scene and forget about anything else... :tears:

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 9

This episode frustrated me in so many ways. I absolutely will watch this till the end but I'm pretty much frustrated with all of the characters except Baek-Ah. I think Soo disappointed me the most though with CR - I get she's a close friends, but really? She murdered the first brother for a love that seems to be very one-sided and she betrayed HS knowing all of this would go down. I could understand if HS chose not to hate CR, but to rag on So for doing what was right was just wrong. She's been understanding thus far and now everything logical just got ripped to shreds. And now So is just starting to lose it and becoming vengeful in everything he does without much sign of softness, and I don't know how I feel about that. I have no sympathy for the evil queen's death though.

Not sure if I'm excited for the last 2 eps or not...

• Like 10

I cried most during the lantern scene. They were so happy, and yet it was their last moment  of happiness. It's gonna be a downhill, aEp very fast one. In this scene, WangSo looked really beautiful, the most of all Wangsolicious looks from the very first episode.

I felt like wanted to throw up everytime I see YH. Especially when YH in the room with Gwangjong. I felt really sick.

I can't believe what the writer has done to them, to us. 

I am gonna curl myself into a ball and weep some more.

• Like 16

gosh....

WH? is she dying too... i mean now that KG dig up all past matter and who involved WH name surely will goes up... 

please not even BA will stay with KG??? no wonder he will go mad when none of his person stay with him and only 2 person on this list Soo and BA..

i think Jung will hide the fact that Soo is dying from So.. as far as for now Jung will likely hate KG to death even more than 14th in BBJX and in BBJX he even trick the spy that 4th send that they have a happy marriage life so Jung knowing that So hurt Soo i think he will protect her at all cost and not letting So knew about it... i think it will go down as BBJX version of drama not novel..

• Like 9

2 hours left to the end of the journey of these silly men who loves the moon so much, they get mad in the attempts. GAH. Why do I have the feeling that Soo finally leaving the palace will be eps 19's cliffhanger.  Then we'll see Soo's dying moments and So's agony for another 50 minutes, and we'll be left with 10 FRIGGIN' MINUTES of Go Ha Jin walking in the modern streets of Myeongdong and seeing So's look-alike in the end of the street. DARN IT SHOW! 

Sadly, what comes to my mind right now judging from this episode, So&Soo's love story ain't epic. It's dysfunctional. If I were a relationship counselor in Goryeo, I'd sit them down and tell them in their face that ending the whole thing is the best for now. For they weaken each other with this infatuation/love/attachment. 

I'm pulling my hair right now. This drama is the one that got away, that perfect man I had loved wholeheartedly, things could have been amazing, but it just slipped away. I'm crying for you, show. My heart bleeds for you. But like a loony, I will be here again next week to torture myself with your gut wrenching scenes. 

Happy ending? I want it oh-so-badly. But, it's a defense mechanism to expect the very worst from this show. It's a natural way to protect (what's left of) my sanity.

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

I read somewhere that said K-drama is adapted from novel instead of C-drama. And in novel, 4th prince does see HS before she dies.

Actually the cdrama is close to the novel itself and at the end, 4th never got a chance to see RX/HS before she died it was Jung/14th next to her when she live her last days. 4th will find out about her death when they sent a documentation to 4th to read stating 14th concubine RX/HS died yesterday and that's when he drop it and knocked everything off the table and scream and crying without my permission you cannot die. And it turn out that 14th did sent something to 4th but he ignore it cause he thought 14th sent some stupid stuff but really inside was a letter from RX/HS to 4th on how much she miss him and wished to see him before he died. 14th hide the letter within another cause RX/HS handwriting was exactly like 4th and that is a death penalty for one to write like the king.  

10 minutes ago, paldia said:

After today's episode I have a feeling that when HS is dieing Jung won't let WS see her for the last time. :S

When she died, she wanted to see 4th and 14th did sent the letter just that 4th didn't want to read it assuming it was from 14th so he ignore it so when RX/HS passed she died without seeing him only with Jung by her side :(

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, cojulie said:

Thank you to all the recappers!  I got into work later than usual and couldn't stream it til the final minutes and without sound (couldn't find my headphones).  Looks like a sad ending is in store for Goryeo couple.  BLAH.  I should have stopped watching once I found out how the Chinese one ended but I COULDN'T!  Darn you LJG for being so captivating in your role as WS. 

Anyone else get disgusted when WS says "OUR son".  Gross.  Just stop.  Can't you have someone else impregnate her like in Frozen Flower?!

Another thing I'm curious about - aren't there implications of trying to make Wook into a traitor?  Wouldn't that also strip away the alliance with the Hwangbo clan since their entire family would be labeled as traitors (like Eun)?  That would make his marriage to YH pointless wouldn't it?  Maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

DUDE FOR REAL.  How can she have so much empathy?  Didn't she consider Wang Mu her big brother too?  If my sister basically murdered another person I held dear all because of some stupid one-sided childhood crush where she was obvioulsy being used and basically FRAMED me for it (remember Yo/Won used it against her/WS that they would reveal she killed the king).  Nope - we ain't friends.  Karma is B and you can get what you give.  BYE!  Sorry HS but I don't agree with her here - CR got what she deserved although WS could have talked to her about it first instead of her having to find out the way she did.  I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt since he's busy being KING and all and fending off a bunch of snakes.

Preview:  WS now you're the one being stupid - get over it.  She doesn't love Wook anymore.  If you angry bang YH because of it, I'm going to be less inclined to want a happy ending in the present tense for you guys!

I don't really like Jung but I guess he's what HS needs.  Someone who is constant and consistent and doesn't want the throne.  He's always been (inconveniently) there for her but isn't really pushy in his affection for her - he offered her an out but it's not like he's going around badmouthing WS to get her to marry him... he's just waiting for her to decide on her own so I GUESSSSSSSS I can't really hate the guy.

I feel like my life has been shortened by this drama.... LJG owes everyone hugs at the mini fan meeting.

it's not automatic really, it's up to the king. when mo was king, he did nothing to yo's family, evil queen mother, jung with the exception of so who was on his side already.

while eun family, yo was framing his family, so he order the whole family killed. 

with wook, he asked YH to cut ties with his family for just that purpose i think, he wants only wook to be punished, not the hwangbo clan.

i am still depress :(

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Siracusa said:

Re: Episode 19 preview where So becomes angry at learning about Wook and So's prior relationship. Did he really not know? I felt like it was an open secret back in the earlier episodes since So and Soo were NOT good at hiding their googly eyes at each other. Baek Ah, Lady Hae, Oh Sanggoon, everyone knew! So even made the comment, "She must have really enjoyed Wook's poem." 

Is it more lazy writing just to move the plot along?

I haven't seen Ep-19 yet so I don't know if the writers close the loop, like in C-BBJX:

JEALOUSY:  Knowing Ruoxi-Prince 8 relationship, courtesy of Prince-8's revelation & embellishment.

* Gotta remember this is not the 21st century, where past relationships are just part of dating game. Also in C-BBJX, Prince-13 asks Ruoxi if there's intimacy...that is probably on Prince-4's mind too.

* When So asks Su about the person she likes previously...liking someone is not the same as being umm...touchy, engagement (marriage), that kind of thing. Maybe So is also pissed that it's so easy for Wook but Su makes him jumps through hoops ... :lol: (just kidding)

BETRAYAL:  Ruoxi warns Prince-8 about Prince-4 

* Unlike the clueless Su, Ruoxi knows history. But then again it's a very famous piece of history (fighting over the throne amongst brothers, rife speculations of changed royal decree with regards to succession, etc.) I don't study Chinese history and even I know that bit.

Jealousy + Betrayal:  Not a very good combination, don't you think?

I can see why some are hopping mad about the Korean script. I myself am not bothered (except the excessive close-ups) and simply enjoying the show for what it is. Don't compare, it's pointless.

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, paldia said:

Omo... Karma... I bet he hold grudges as Wang So didn't let Jung go see their mother in her final moments.

• Like 9