[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Oh my....... so much hatred for YH ( hate over flow from page 1491 to a few pages ) Uhh .... me too  ! This should do the job. 1morte.gif BUT if it is of consolation to anyone... 4th prince / king's wife and therefore Queen in the C-version was a very gracious, understanding and supportive wife. When she saw 4th pining for Rouxi she actually spoke to Rouxi to be always be with the 4th and to continue loving him. She also told 4th , seeing him so broken heart at the " break-up " to continue his relationship with RX because she only wanted his happiness. She put her husband's desire first. Perhaps the writer should have imbued some of this Queen's virtue into YH rather than this conniving and manipulative " witch ". A little softening of her character may let us sleep a little better.... Do I make sense ? :P

She did tell Soo that she can be with the king day and night but never his queen! Still hate her no matter what! Lol.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, hsiehijen said:

I did feel quite sorry for Yo in his last moments. He only wanted to survive and act as what his mother and clan wanted. He didn't want to be abandoned like So. Think the actor played the role truly well. If only the prince had let Eun go, then he wouldn't have to suffer all the pain and mental torture.

Ah, this drama. Why do they did their best when dying ? Even the actors did their best performance when dying scene.

What is wrong with you MLSHR?

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

Someone up above said it quite nicely: You don't need love to make babies

Seriously. You can't picture Wang So pretending YH is HS to get through the process and get his heir? It sounds terribly messed up and I pity everyone involved in this (fictional!) situation, but you have a Queen who get there by basically forcing the King's hand, and the King who is desperately in love with someone else and doing everything to protect them but driving her further from him because of his efforts. I see no love there, no matter how many children they would have had. Maybe it can settle into tolerance..So and Yeon Hwa didn't have a terrible relationship before, but imagine if he ever found out that she had a hand in the tea poisoning incident that caused HS's torture and Lady Oh's death? 

To each their own opinion, but for me, WS never loved YH like that even after all the tragedy ended. I don't think he ever moved on from HS, which you know, ties in with the tragedy of the show. *sobs*

Ah true plus if he finds out that HS life is shorten due to her torture and punishment and it was cause by the tea poisoning incident and that YH is the one that started it all. How would WS take it? He can dethrone her and kill her but then she probably threaten him with something and her clan can petition to get rid of him off the throne probably that's why she is still queen

Spoiler

maybe its me but the drama is sort of taking a route of this other drama in china, "Qing Shi Huang Fei - The Glamorous Imperial Concubine" and WS is basically Liu Liancheng and HS is Ma Fuya. He longs for her and love her truly with his heart. He was force to marry her cousin and tricked into believing the one he loved died and when he was force to consummate with his wife. The way he did it was like I don't care I just do it and he did it and didn't bother looking at her after the deed was done lol

Overall I feel like the ending will be like cversion she probably will die without seeing WS one last time which is gonna stab the audience in the heart :tears: I need to get bunch of boxes of tissues for next week gahh. But I believe he will become ruthless after HS death cause the light in his life is gone and he's living in a bunch of liars and traitors that is out to get him and his throne. The woman he married has a motive and his in laws. Probably something will happen to BA and he also probably ends up dead leaving WS all alone like the cversion where the king at the end stands looking out the forbidden city. He has the world, the power, the throne but in the end he lost the light and love of his life. 

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, liongurl said:

I think I read somewhere (or was it mentioned in the cast interviews) that filming was rushed towards the end because they ran out of time? It shows sadly :(.

It was Lee Joon Gi who mentioned that in an interview. He said they had so much leisure of time in the beginning and since the entire production team was totally not familiar with pre-produced format, the kinda rushed a lot towards the end. It is completely evident in this episode. Even Lee Joon Gi's brilliant acting prowess could not save this episode. And everyone seem to have their energy sapped out of them. And boy, Lee Joon Gi is so painfully skinny and I know what I am about to say may not sit well with his many fangirls here (I am his fan also) but he is not that smoking gorgeous as compared to him in the first 8 episodes. As Mad Hatter would say "he has loss his muchness". The excessive weight loss has taken a toll on his appearance. Putting aside myself sounding all superficial here but this (if according to him) would be his last saeguk for now and I wish he could look all glorious as paying homeage to his saeguk bravura till the very end. His acting is still superb but the rush and all over pacing of this episode somehow bringing down his performance which could have been a standout should it was done better. 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, violet90 said:

but the scene when So have to keep writing for Soo making his snack is just pure LOL....

he as a king and owned everything still have to paid for the snacks from his loved one and i loved how he always do what Soo want.. and Soo know she can control him like asking CR to stay and do her best cute face and So just give up... they act like a normal husband and wife..

can't they just stay like that and far far away from those nasty Hwangbo clan???

I really like when HS sort of bite her lips, just a little, when asking something from Wang So

It is so cute :wub:

• Like 21

Supplement of my thoughts:

History of the story is unchanged

The view is changed

Yeon Hwas punishment would not have been born to the crown prince. A happy end would be if Ji Mong put his son in his arm and told him something about who Hae Soo was. And they'll see each other again. That would be a transition to the future.

• Like 19

Thank you everyone for the recaps.  I felt like I was watching the episode with all of you. I'm at work and can't watch but trying to read every comment is impossible.  Although I was able to finish reading the recaps.  My heart is beating.  This thread is flying.  

I'm really sad.  Episode 18 has Ji Mong asking Su to give up on being So's wife.  She's sick and doesn't have much time left. I think she's going to give So up. She will leave not only because palace life will be too hard but because she will not want to be a hindrance to So becoming the great king that he will become.  If she's always there to get all butte hurt because of whatever methods that is necessary to keep a throne and improve the nation, this will effect So's decision making.  As much as I hate to say it, So needs someone just as ruthless to rule next to him. My one consolation is that So will only marry that person out of duty. He will stay faithful to Su otherwise by marrying no one else (besides already marrying his niece).  History states this as so.  This is what I'm going to choose to believe. I think this is what the writer wants us to believe base on the fact that as king, So really only married a couple of times and had children only with that person (hurts me to think of him doing that with her! ), I'm sure because as king, he was pressured to do his husband duties to have heirs. 

Gosh this drama is something else isn't it. 

• Like 20

At this point in the story So doesn't know yet Yeon Hwa implication in the assassination attempt of prince Mo. He only knows that his mother put this up to. He doesn't know about Wang Wook role in poisoning Mo. It seems like he only suspects that Won was involved. I wonder if he ever finds out the truth and from who. If he will find out about all these plots and lies I'm not surprised if he will become berserk and will punish all of them. My hunch is that he will not find out about Yeon Hwa, because only WW knows about that.

Even after all these years WS doesn't know who was the man that Hae Soo loved before him? In this moment Hae Soo loves him she made love to him ? (still isn't clear to me) and yet she has kept this only for her. If I remember correctly he asked her twice (in the previous episodes) who is that man. It may have been a clue in last week's episode that he knows about WW and I missed it? There are many Questions that perhaps will remain unanswered. Anyway at this point of the story may not even matter and this drama is going in the direction I've been waiting for. I knew there wasn't going to go against the history and it's end in Goryeo will be sad, so I set up my heart.

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, violet90 said:

you know the saddest thing for So right now??? General already leaving him cause he tired of palace , JM can't be used at all cause his loyalty is to history and Soo going to leave him forever...

he got the throne and power but he will end up living in place full of snakes and people that don't love him except BA but i think BA too will be broken when WH gone so in a way So have nobody beside him at the end... its just sad knowing that he think throne will protect his loves one but because of the throne he loss everything..

its history repeating itself from Taejo to Yo that the throne have a price and its likely your own life and happiness...

I think the same, Wang So has done all this for them but eventually will left without them, it is a sad story that might his reign will be long and becomes the best king but will not have what he always wanted, someone who loves him for who he was. Is the price that he has to pay for be king, therefore I said that this throne seemed cursed, who occupied it could never be happy: Taejo, Mo, Yo and now him.

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I wished that Hae Jin would die soon because Goryeo is like hell. I would like Hae Jin to go back to the future so that she spends more time searching for the past and finding Wang So in the future. Fact is I don't want the ending to be too rushed!!

I agree the past is horrible, now it is a little better, but for those who don't learn from history they repeat it, if you see now in Korea for example all that plastic surgery and judging idols for having a blemish it has to come from those rules, a king can't marry someone with a scar, the king himself has a scar he covers up with make up still the rule applies to his woman. Not fair.  The future is better, just a tad better.

I liked the explanation for Rouxie not marrying him in the Chinese version, it was because the queen doesn't see the king that often that being just his woman was better, she can visit him everyday.  Remember kings used to share their beds with different women for political reasons so they had a lot of them, but some were hid and left there to die alone, that way Rouxie had her happiness.  In this one that rule seem so extreme that it hurts her more than comforts her. The writer or writers should have given it a better explanation. But then again they didn't want to make  it exactly the same so they made her suffer more.

• Like 17

5 minutes ago, lyserose said:

It was Lee Joon Gi who mentioned that in an interview. He said they have so much leisure of time in the beginning and since the entire production team was totally not familiar with pre-produced format, the kinda rushed a lot towards the end. It is completely evident in this episode. Even Lee Joon Gi's brilliant acting prowess could not save this episode. And everyone seem to have their energy sapped out of them. And boy, Lee Joon Gi is so painfully skinny and I know what I am about to say may not sit well with his many fangirls here (I am his fan also) but he is not that smoking gorgeous as compared to him in the first 8 episodes. As Mad Hatter would say "he has loss his muchness". The excessive weight loss has taken a toll on his appearance. Putting aside myself sounding all superficial here but this (if according to him) would be his last saeguk for now and I wish he could look all glorious as paying homeage to his saeguk bravura till the very end. His acting is still superb but the rush and all over pacing of this episode somehow bringing down his performance which could have been a standout should it was done better. 

I think they push him to hard. He looks tired :(

• Like 8