[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Well, if things go like in this episode then private screening event will resemble funeral, screams and sobs will be heard from outside and floor flooded with tears. May I hope that if ending was too sad, LJG management wouldn't risk their mental health to organize this party?  haha I'm trying to cheer up :tears:

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Okay, I am officially depressed now. Not sure I can handle anymore of this. Apparently, the drama refuses to allow me or the OTP happiness for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Bye soompians. I needa catch up on my sleep deficit. And then, I'll watch the episode with subs.... but I don't think that will help my mood one bit. Just kill me now.

i was depressed every since the beginning because they followed c version and that's why i kept silence.... the sadness is just begun... 

• Like 11

This story is like Empress Ki about the villains, first was the Temur and Tanashiri and after the empress Dowager. In MLSHR after Yo and the evil Queen, is the evil siblings whose sole purpose in life is to annoy others. Wang Wook is the character I most hate  hate onion head  because he never did anything good for Hae Soo and is still ruining her life. I think his worst punishment will be see how he ruined the life of the woman who supposedly he loved and this dies of sorrow.

Long ago I was suspecting that Hae Soo was suffering from a heart disease and is not new, is something that she has from the first episodes. I think it is a problem that has been in that body from the original Hae Soo and it is aggravated by the situations Ha Jin has had to live.

• Like 18

51 minutes ago, qwenli said:

This is a very DARK ep.....

woohee killed someone too.

Baek ah to woohee: I need you to be adopted by a clansman.

wh: its because I am from Hubaekje right?

------------------

CR to HS: I received notice to leave Damiwon. 

CR: could you request that I stay in the palace?

cut to CR meeting Eun, telling him HS will talk to the king. Won to CR: you must stay in Damiwon

CR to Won: why cant you marry me?

Won: when the time comes, I will take you with me...

CR is a stupid girl  ... and WON is a sly guy  :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 15

Ahhhhh here are some of my thoughts about ep 17 I'm sorry if it went a bit out of control ughhhhhh; I’m so upset. Maybe it’s just because it’s the international version but that was so bad narratively, editing-wise, and also for our characters like...

Plot things that could have gone hella better:

Spoiler

• what the richard simmons was happening when So tried to take over the palace okay as far as I could tell this is how it went: 
    • Soo knows there’s going to be a revolt; tries to clear a path inside the palace
    • wrench in plans; gets called in by Yo for tea and witnesses his fight + his crazy
    • So getting ready to fight his way into the palace 
    • Yeon Hwa plots with mum and decides to support So; opens the gates for him
    • So crashes in, tears up the blank will, Soo hails him as king and shocks the richard simmons out of Worst Mum Ever 

• Why was Yeon Hwa’s help necessary at all if Yo was going to keel over and die ?? I know in theory it stopped bloodshed but most of her help seems completely negated now that the king is suspiciously dead while alone with Soo (think about it if you were anyone walking in that room and seeing the king dead the the usurper and his known woman is standing there how richard simmons shady is that) Also if they were going to make the “make me queen” thing a thing why can’t Yeon Hwa have made it clear from the start it’s so weird that So is saying i’ll remember this without suspecting that there is one thing Yeon Hwa is ever after
  • So if you are smart enough to start a richard simmons revolution why did you tear the will up and throw the pieces up in the air?? Especially since he knows the paper is empty either show Soo that first to make her less frightened, or forge it, or at least keep the will and burn it to dust later not leave it out in the open 
  • Soo I like that you had the balls to hail your lover as king after being manhandled and stared at by a demented old witch but instead of falling unconvincingly to the floor or staring at Yo in a wide-eyed manner when he shoved the will in your face, couldn’t you have taken it and at least read it, then decide that if you are really going to throw in your lot with So, the least you could do was forge his name or just hide the will and said you got the verbal will whatever anything is better than leaving it up to fate??
  • Yo I finally love you after like 17 eps and this is really sad because you really touched me talking about how you tormented all your brothers and one in particular because you don’t want to end up like him (I’m only being a little sarcastic) but like MAYBE SOME OF THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SHOWN EARLIER AND NOT AFTER YOU TRANSFORMED INTO A NUT 
  • Soo you are really stupid to not have thought about being queen if the king asked to marry you and for you to have his children i mean he said it literally as many words and if you did consider becoming his wife proper CAN’T YOU JUST STICK IT TO JUNG and tell him to richard simmons off instead of let him talk about camels do you really thing he’s going to bring you to the desert 
  • On a related note, Jung you are clearly beyond help after acknowledging that your hatred is irrational and then sticking by it anyways please leAVE
  • Woo Hee killng that guy and trying to hide it is going to bite everyone in the richard simmons just you wait 

Editing: The whiplash was so real in this episode what is actually happening 90% of the scenes looked chopped up and smooshed together and it’s even worse than usual WHY CAN’T WE HAVE NICE THINGS EP 16 WAS SO GOOD i mean case in point the scene when So, Soo and Baek Ah were eating together what the richard simmons it cut from them in court to them at a table and then random food piling up on a bowl before they giggle while Baek Ah looks bewildered like I FEEL YOU BRO IM CONFUSED TOO WHAT THE richard simmons IS HAPPENING HERE  

In-universe stuff:

• This has to be the fastest richard simmons is falling apart at so Soo is already dying?? Damn please tell me they don’t go the miscarriage route if she already knows her heart is barely able to sustain her body and she wants to spend more time with So please for the love of whatever deity that sent her back don’t try to get pregnant 
  • I love Gwangjong who stuck it to his mum mostly and patronisingly told her that she’s empress dowager whether she likes it or not but also that descent into madness was richard simmons terrifying on the upside he doesn’t seem to have reverted to pre-Soo rawness but on the downside he seems to have lost it 
    • When he yelled at Soo that she cannot speak to anyone without his permission and then slammed the door in her face without hearing her explanation oh my lord that was such a 180 from his usual sweetness to her
    • It’s creepy because its showing through even in the nice scenes like when he asked her to have his children maybe it’s the new get-up but he seems to have a newfound coldness that is so unnerving
    • The scene when he tells Jimong to kill anyone who opposed him like yep I see the ruthless king coming out and LJK brought a crazy out alright but I’m not sure why we had a puppy So for the past 6? eps when he was going to turn right around and lose it the moment he sits on that godawful throne
    • Did anyone notice how uncomfortable Baek Ah looked in some scenes in court because I feel you bro what the richard simmons is this trainwreck several days into our hero’s reign but also im afraid that Baek Ah is afraid of his brother it’s heartbreaking and a bit terrifying 
  • The Hwangbo clan is on Queen Hwangbo is my new bae always knew those 2 children must have gotten it from someone; i really liked how she out-snaked even her daughter and threw away her son so to speak, and it seems like today’s theme is scheme to make everyone miserable because Wook’s part in the last part to force Gwangjong to marry Yeon Hwa was predictable but beautifully nasty, cunning, petty, and so, so consistent with the Wook that we know now 

•  
  • Like 9

I guess I will stop recapping for tomorrow episode as my heart really aches to see So...oh if he can't be happy with Hae Soo at least give him people who support his monarchy...not a bunch of wolves who's waiting his weak spot and attack immediately.

But..haggin...that the plot must tell.....

I need to calm my self after tonight episode and really need to forget the greedy hwangbo family.....

Why the writer keep delaying Hae Soo died...please don't make its ending sequence as exactly the same with the C-Version....if it is why bother put "rewrite history for love" or "this drama already taken creative license to history" ...oh please.

I'm so sorry that I quit recapping this drama but we already have great live blogging team and many of them are doing good job than mine....as I know this thread has the most live recappers than other...Hwaiting!!!!!

• Like 24

24 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

Yo was ailing, wook and jung rides to get support from wang ryeok sim (not sure spelling). when wang So, baek ah and general park storm the palace to take over the throne from ailing Yo. palace guard closed the gate.

Yeon hwa was ask by his mother what she wants, she said she wants to rule the world. yeon hwa and her mother decided to abandoned wook and choose to support So as king by opening the gate to the palace, allowing So's entering the palace without resistant. 

i am assuming as payment, yeon hwa would be queen. a political marriage.

Thank you dear. Yes, i think so. So will be forced to do so. ( a lot of "so" lol! ) 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sharine Phinisia said:

Episode 17:

1. What's with Yo-Wohee's scene and Yo's silhouette nightmare? I have seen this in previous episode. What? :blink:

2. Flabbergasted at the moment when Yo ask Soo which name should he write on the will. I guess he smh realize that Soo is the variable in the course of events.

3. Soo's tears when Yo finally died after multiple heart attack. Such an excruciating way to die. She never want to take any side from the beginning.

4. The moment when Soo salute So as the new king makes me shudder

5. Queen Hwangbo turn 180 and decide to forsake Wook in order to survive. Perhaps Queen SMS isn't the only nutjob in the castle

6. Soo's eyes when So hug her all night to ease the nightmare. WHY YOU TWO SO ADORBS

7. Chaeryung... :angry:

8. Hae Soo's health have reach its toll. At this point I'm almost sure she will leave with Jung and living a secluded life in the mountain.

9. I wish I could just stare at my OTP moment without all the pain and suffering that follow it

10. Soo cannot become the queen because of her scar? How about So? You have one of those you know, Bb cream... either because SHE'S A GIRL or the wound is just too scarring to be covered with any concealer. I love how we can see the trace of So's scar even though he already become the king

11. My faith on PD' words every moment are getting thinner than So's eyeliner. *sister groans in frustration*

You'd think HS would've come up with a form of TCA peel, or a Layered BHA or AHA in the least.

• Like 18

LOL at those cursing at Jimong. Give him a break. Isn't it Soo who should know or realize that she can't change the course of history. She knows for damn sure Gwangjong didn't marry her. My heart bleeds (literally. I'm on the floor right now...) for her but what the heck did she think was going to happen once So became King?

• Like 18

16 minutes ago, thelegendary said:

Won't be expecting anymore sweet, cute, lovey dovey OTP scenes from ep 18-20 :( I'll put my predictions in the spoiler tab although they're technically not spoilers...so here we go:

Reveal hidden contents

From what I've seen and based off the Chinese version, Jung will be the one to take her away from the palace, as he mentioned in this episode. MLSHR will follow history, which means Yeonhwa will become queen and Hae Soo will not have an official title as queen nor consort/concubine. Chae Ryung's sins will surface and she will be punished with death (hitting to death as seen in preview). In the Chinese version, this happened too, and Ruoxi never truly forgave him for so brutally killing her friend. Hae Soo's health is likely to worsen, given her depression after Chae Ryung's death and the new Wang So who becomes cruel and cold blooded. We saw that Jung asked the king for a favour in the previous episode, which was most likely a marriage decree with Hae Soo, which will be used when she can no longer stand living in the palace, If they follow the Chinese version, Wang Wook will help Hae Soo for the last time, provoking Wang So to let her leave and marry Jung. Wang So would not have permitted her leave from his side if not for Wang Wook informing him or their past relationship. Hae Soo will then die in Jung's arms, and Wang So will be left feeling regret and grief when he finds out that she waited for him all that time, in order to see him one last time. If all goes well, they will meet again in the future. She will also see other people from Goryeo, such as Lady Hae, as modern day people.

note: my predictions - based on Chinese version and may not be fact.

I don't want that to happen!!! Not in this way at least. I know that, as a king, So has his responsibilities... but to become cruel is such extreme! I also saw many people complaining that if they follow the c-version, they will not be rooting for otp anymore.

The writers have done a wonderful job in painting So in a much better light than the character on which he was based, so I hope they keep it consistent.

I'm so afraid! these last episodes can sail or sank this drama for me. I don't mind a sad ending, as long as the characters remain true to themselves.

• Like 14