[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

59 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i personally think Soo already accept it that she can't change the history... So will ascend the throne whether she agree or not and of course So would assured her that everything going to be fine when he got the throne (obviously NOT!!)..

in BBJX there a slight suspicion that 4th changing the emperor will from 14th as a king to 4th.. they never really showed whether its true or not but its a myth... that's why 4th not getting his brother support when he became a king.. and the scene where Queen Yoo question that So stealing the throne also happen in BBJX... So hugging Su in the preview is because he have a bad dream about Su... i just remember after all the drama when 4th became a king he have a nightmare when he sleep with RX...

gosh everything is in this drama became more and more similar in BBJX... and to think the ending make me cry a little bit..... 

@violet90 What did he dream about? *anxious already :o

1 hour ago, missluxedo said:

@penelop3 I found a link for the director's cut ep 1-3 w/ subtitles (it's not hardsubbed though so you have to use a player that can add subtitles), let me know if you want me to pm you the link. ;)

@missluxedo Yaaaaaayy... thank youu! Please please PM me the link! Muaaahh 

• Like 4

I think ep 16 could be a real turning point for So. Previously So has placed Soo as his main focal point and is willing to forsake everything and just escape the palace with her. But with the impact of killing Eun, and his new resolution of becoming the dog wolf who will bite and take over the owner's house, how big of a change will that induce in So? With the inclusion of Baek Ah, Ji Mong, and possibly General Park in his plan to rise to the throne, So no longer has the luxury of just throwing everything down for the sake of his love, since every decision he makes now can easily decide the lives of those who chooses to follow him as well. With the realization that the world changes when the king changes, does So finally convince himself to accept the fate that he might be the chosen one to become king? Does this also mean the throne will be prioritized over his love for Soo in future?

After witnessing how Mu and Yo experienced crazy hallucinations while on the throne, I wonder does it not deter So from it at all? Or his determination to end this senseless bloodshed among the brothers so immense that he is willing to take the risk, even at the expense of possibly losing his mind like his predecessors?

I think Lady Oh's last words that everyone changes in the face of power(and the throne) might come back eventually to haunt Soo. Changes in So are inevitable, maybe the question remains how drastic they are. Will Soo be able to pick herself up again, if ever there's a possibility  that her trust in love being broken for the second time?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

IU: "Boyfriend? What is that? When I am filming, I am always single. B)

NOTE: This is not a real quote of IU. 

@Gabi Bros This BTS is enough to sustain me for the whole week waiting for next Monday's episode... *content sigh :mellow:
Wait.. I just lied.. give me moooooree!! What about the back hug BTS scene, the bed scene, the Pegasus scene???
OMG so maaanny.. :blink:

40 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

It's a letter from Yutan/CR to Ruoxi that asks Ruoxi to take care of Yutan's family, she wanted to tell Ruxoi the truth, but its too late now, that Yutan doesn't regret her actions, please dont be sad. Later on, 13th prince tells Ruoxi that Yutan was a spy planted by 9th prince.

Compared to CR who killed Mu, I feel like Yutan's actions weren't nearly as bad. Yutan spied on the emperor and tried to ruin relationship between emperor and one of his sons from one of his wives.

@fuyukoneko From the way I read about Yutan, YES she's less evil than CR! And to think, CR doesnt even feel slightly guilty.. no remorse over what she did to Moo. I think she's as bad as Won! They're perfect for each other. 
If she truly has conscience, she would know that her action helps kill a man, a good man at that! I really really hate her for acting so carefree and lightweight in ep 16. What happened to Yo, madness by guilty conscience...THAT should happen to CR and Won! Ugh.. :angry:

14 minutes ago, glacial said:

does anyone else get the feeling that wang yo slightly cares for wang so? idk if I'm imagining things but now that he has like all the power to kill him or get rid of him or torture him, its not what i expected from before, like not as cruel as i expected. maybe its because he's from the same mother but idk, its just an inkling that he doesn't entirely hate him to the core, anyone else get that feeling? :blink::crazy:

@glacial I think even enemies have a certain respect towards each other. Otherwise, they wouldnt be enemies. Yo must have some awe at So and the thought that he can 'possess' So is the twisted kind of caring. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

I was happy to have the BTS kissu scene to be released . But am getting greedy. Is that all, PD-nim?  shy onion head

OMG this is the cutest. Look at that HS's uncertain and somewhat shy smile and WS's mischievous smile!!! 

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

WARNING!!!

This is purely an ff. Read it on your own risk and don't complain to me about the character, event or scene. If you don't like it you can simply move on and scrolled down. Thank you. Sorry for typos and grammatical mistakes.

O...EM...JI.....YAHAE!!! 33  .

PD-nim....help me I'm dying because of this drama.....please end this drama beautifully and add scenes like this in next episodes for the birthday gifts that you never give to me this whole time (Eun style asking So for he gift...LOL)

• Like 22

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

We've been directed to view the throne as the holy grail in this drama right from the start. The seat of power that is coveted by men seeking the power that it holds for whatever ends. Watching Yo descend into madness (albeit somewhat quickly) suggests that the throne was not meant to be his in the first place and the means he used to consolidate his position would become his ultimate undoing. The truth is that no one can wield its power without being unscathed in some fashion but the more interesting question then becomes how much of an impact does it have on the soul of the one that sits on it?

It certainly has interesting parallels with the Ring of Power... the One Ring... from LOTR. Is it an instrument of corruption or does it merely show what is in the heart of the man who wears it? In the case of ML... the throne represents the gaining of absolute power but the question then is... what manner of man can hold such power in his hands?

What will the throne do to So... will he be a Gollum or a Boromir (which is what Yo falls victim to) or will he will be something closer to an Aragorn or even a Faramir or a Frodo? 

I think it's clear from the books that the Ring of Power takes what is inside the wearer even with the best of intentions, amplifies and corrupts it. A wonderful allegory of sin developed by Tolkien. 

In Lang Ya Bang (Nirvana in Fire) there's a fascinating conversation between the Emperor and the protagonist about what the throne represents. The Emperor insists that the throne changes people. Even with all the good intentions in the world to do good when one attains power, one is inevitably changed by it. Power... as the saying goes... corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. The protagonist disagrees... he postulates that the man who sits in it determines the quality of the rule and determines what that seat becomes. A good man who doesn't seek power for its own sake won't ever be corrupted by it. Well, at least not to the extent that he will eschew all the principles he holds dear. From this perspective, the throne is a revelation... it becomes a mirror of the man who sits in it.

It's a great debate... probably one that has been raging since time immemorial. 

So then... what man can rule? What kind of man can handle so much power and will never completely consumed by it? That is the million dollar question.

In Spiderman talk... the other side of power is great responsibility. Used for altruistic purposes, power can do much good. I am also reminded of another piece of popular culture, Ever After, about a prince who didn't want to be King. He was constantly running from it, calling it his "gilded cage". But when he met the right woman, she opened his eyes to the possibilities of what being a King could be. He could use that position to do a lot of good. (Lots of references to Thomas More's Utopia which was incidentally satirized by Voltaire in Candide) All the things he was passionate about could be a platform from which he made his contribution to his land.

I believe Gwangjong could be that kind of man. Although the woman by his side never wanted him to become King... which is perhaps in part why she was loathed to get involve with him romantically... Through the ironies of fate, she becomes the means by which his eyes were opened to its possibilities for good. To protect her and whatever's left of his family, he's finally put his hand up for the job after being misused, abused, bullied almost to the point of losing his own sense of self (constantly labelled pejoratively as a "dog" or a "wolf").

What kind of man can potentially be a good king? I think the message of the drama is... one that has suffered and loved through suffering. 

And in this story really no one has suffered as much as So... and no one arguably has loved as greatly as So. 

This!

i think that's why this show is so engrossing to me. It feel like a grand piece of literature. Probably due to extremely well written source material and the on point acting skills of this cast.

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Evangeline Yang said:

Slavery was a big issue in the olden days and I guess that is one of the reasons why So was hated by the nobles as a King because most rich families owned slaves in the olden days. For So, he saw the world clearer because he was held as a hostage by Shinju clan in his early days. The ways he saved King Mu's daughter and how he will follow up with the freeing of slaves showed how the early days had shaped him to be a king that can has compassion for the commoners that most royalty can't.

Someone bought up that Jung in this drama was not very talented with knowledge etc. The 14th prince in the c version was smart, knowledgeable and good with martial arts. Somehow at the near end of the c version drama, due to his resentment toward the king, he been writing poems with an intention of provoking the king thus ultimately, this reason led to the king ignoring Ruoxi's letter because 14th hid her letter with an envelope with his handwriting as Ruoxi's handwriting was the same as the king. Somehow, in this case, I doubt Jung will write poems to provoke So in future because first of all, he totally failed at poems. That is one comfortable knowledge that this might not be what cause So to fail to see Soo the last time. Additionally, in novel, the King managed to make it in time to see Ruoxi and she died knowing she was being loved. I see this ending more fitting.

Chingu @Evangeline Yang .... Thank you for telling us what happened in the Novel. It seems the CVersion made Ruoxi's ending so dramatic because they were planing to make a Part 2. I wonder was the C version preproduced Chingu.  

Someone said this drama will have a happy ending.

If Hae Soo does dies knowing Wang So has never stopped and will love her for eternity this would be the perfect ending. It will be the most memorable drama I have ever watched so far this year. 

This drama has my stomach in knots. I am having difficulty staying away from this forum and watching the drama as it airs. I wanted to stop watching it until it was finished and then go binge the whole drama.

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, lunaluna33 said:

Also I'm sure many of you know that the Chinese translation for Hae Soo is Hae Tree (I don't know the Korean, but I think it's very similar)). At the time of the Patpat story I thought, what a clever pun, this lonely prince burned one tree, but found a living human tree to mend his heart.

I have no idea if there's a hidden meaning behind trees but Hae Soo (해수/海水) means seawater in Korean and tree is namoo.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, lunaluna33 said:

So I've been forcing my husband to watch Ryeo in an effort to bring us to equal level of madness (he is curiously unswayed by the utter perfection that isLGJ's jawline). As a result, I've seen and had to explain a number of previous episode to my #1 Dude. I thought I noticed something and wonder if our more senior member of the community can comment on it (or if it's already been discussed, point me in the general direction)

Is there an allegory to trees that is being played out?

We all know that WS told HS about Patpat, apparently his one friend in Shinju (a tree) that was sacrificed to drive out the wolves. Through that sacrifice, WS presumably took on the moniker of Wolf Prince

but here's two tidbit that I'm picking up more recently.

At Eun's wedding, presumably all the Princes brought gifts that represented their hopes and wishes for the new couple. Won, typically, brought "silver" and WS stated he is giving the new couple a tree. Something that provide them shade in the summer and fruits when they are hungry.

Also I'm sure many of you know that the Chinese translation for Hae Soo is Hae Tree (I don't know the Korean, but I think it's very similar)). At the time of the Patpat story I thought, what a clever pun, this lonely prince burned one tree, but found a living human tree to mend his heart.

Now I'm much sadder thinking of above. If Patpat's death (still remembered all these years later) gave him his identiy; Eun and SD's death (their marriage tree's death) gave him his new purpose; is our HS (his last tree) next in line? what would this sacrifice teach him??

Wow...!I love this.

We did discuss about this tree symbolism waaayyy back but to relate all the trees in WS life ended up being sacrificed in his quest for his ultimate fate as the King of Goryeo is brilliant! So, Hs being his 'living' tree, at the end of the day, inevitably has to be 'sacrificed' to make way for his fate. Why is it so sad and beautiful at the same time?:bawling:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, cojulie said:

I have no idea if there's a hidden meaning behind trees but Hae Soo (해수/海水) means seawater in Korean and tree is namoo.

So the Chinese translation for Soo is 樹... Literally Tree. So every time So says Soo's name, the translation in Chinese is... Tree-ah. How curious about the Korean symbolism being much more rooted in the water.

• Like 9