[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Am I the only one who miss our OTP good old times when they were just being best friend (well at least on Soo's part) and fooling around, but at the same time having meaningful conversation? Eventhough the earlier episodes are lacking of OTP moments but every single moment was beautiful and memorable. Now we will never have that kind of interaction anymore, with the first visible change of So's hair starting on eps 17, followed by many changes that we are dreading to happen but are bound to happen unfortunately. Things really started to go awry after Taejo's death, Soo should have just left the palace when So proposed to her. That chance, sadly, is forever gone now.

Watching this FMV gives me so much feeling. It's so tragic because it shows how beautiful that friendship they were having, how their mutual feeling eventually grew and how close they were actually to that happy ending. But as the song's title Goodbye, we know that the good time is coming to the end. I'm bracing myself for a heart-wrenching ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqjlMepPeo

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

Not sure if anyone has posted this before. Just some trivial on Z. Hera - new found respect for this girl. She has a strong martial arts back ground after learning it at Shaolin with her brother for 5 years. She speaks fluent mandarin. 

http://www.hk01.com/韓迷/48455/-步步驚心-麗-伯賢老婆池赫拉原來好打得-9歲上少林識玩九節鞭

last night's opening scene with Soon Deok and Eun was worth watching. All I can say is this PD does death scenes very well. Baek Hyun was very believable. The disbelief, trembling...the tears...everyone brought their A game to that scene. Excellent stuff. 

It is heartbreaking, right? still cannot make myself watch sub for the first 30 min...the moment

Spoiler

Eun pleads his beloved 4th brother So to end his life because he prefer to die on the hand of So rather than the evil 3rd brother Yo. So's face at that moment...*cry*

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, akinahana89 said:

Joon Gu just updated his IG with a happy, silly dance! ^^ So cute!

He's such a YG stan which makes me love him more!

Spoiler

Anybody watch the ep 17 spoiler and go :fearful: put your hair back down Wang So!  I will miss that beautiful mane of his...

• Like 7

I think after all the confusion its safe to say the strongest ship/love/romance/bromance in this entire series is no other than    

WANG SO X BAEK AH 

NONE of these ships are as constant, happy, and unconditional as these two!!!!  :lol::wub: 

ALSO if baek ah was the one who died instead of Eun, I could see wang so barely ever recovering. bottom line is everyone just root for wang soxbaek ah and no hearts will be broken. lol

• Like 22

29 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

This maybe a very stupid question to ask at this stage of the drama. It might have been asked and answered before (sorry) but I wonder why the title Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Goryeo ?

Moon lovers I guess has something to do with the solar/lunar eclipses that happened when Soo was transported from the future to the 10th century. CMIIW

But why Scarlet in scarlet heart? Can anyone here please enlighten me? Thank you

Ah, and of course I'm in awe with LJG. He's a great actor.

It's a Korean remake of the popular Chinese series "Scarlet Heart" based off Tong Hua's book. That's why it's "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" or "Scarlet Heart: Goryeo" to signify that it's Korean or someth

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

These casts are adorable ! 

LOL does LJG think she's watching the leaked episode?  I had assumed it was a screen capture of their filming camera....

*edit" she replied to his comment "Yes, yes.  That is so.  See you later So orabeoni"

I think LJG translation was meant to be "are you really going to watch it" (future tense vs present) because her original post is asking if we're going to watch it tonight at 10pm.

• Like 15

31 minutes ago, smitten1710 said:

This maybe a very stupid question to ask at this stage of the drama. It might have been asked and answered before (sorry) but I wonder why the title Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Goryeo ?

Moon lovers I guess has something to do with the solar/lunar eclipses that happened when Soo was transported from the future to the 10th century. CMIIW

But why Scarlet in scarlet heart? Can anyone here please enlighten me? Thank you

Ah, and of course I'm in awe with LJG. He's a great actor.

Yes, moon because Su was transported to the past during the eclipse.

Scarlet , the colour red of blood, because of the blood spill...a lot of people die.

Heart, a love tainted by blood, yet stronger despite, and because of it.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

@jetsu just to let u know i am not taking on u yeah.

What I want to say is that sbs has no respect for viewers watching this drama, granted it has the lowest ratings among all 3 free to air, but its still a respectable 7-8% and if u multiply it by the korean population, its a good 3 over million people

U cant just ask people to sit around and wait and see if the drama runs or not . No doubt there will be folks who watch both baseball and drama but i think for a large majority its either or programmes. The two groups just dont overlap much. 

@Evangeline Yang

I realise sbs perhaps didnt make as much money or even earn very little becos i notice in the ending trailers 4 production/investors companies (universal, yg and two more) were credited, not sbs, so the rights to youku n other overseas platforms goes to the investors not sbs.

Bottomline is, the baseball game probably brings them more advert revenue than the drama.

Thanks for sharing! But still it is very sad at how poorly they manage the whole things. My friends and I are all so disappointed. It is the first ever drama that gave us so many mixed emotions and not just from the drama but from everything else. So upset with it.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, aypopa said:

What they just give us episode 16 today and make us wait for 17 new week why why why they do this to us what happen with double episode ??? Pls who have info share .... 

They were never supposed to air 16, that was a mistake, so they'll probably re-air 16 tonight along with SBS and everyone else.

• Like 11

SBS is literally sucking my soul out. I'm so drained emotionally that sometimes I zone out most of the time. When this drama is over, I will wait for the next popular drama to be over and watch it peacefully. It is the only way not to kill yourself. I feel like I'm entering depression, a very serious one at that . I will give up on SBS if they don't air 17 this week. They better get their act together. I really want to hug something!:bawling:

• Like 20

48 minutes ago, amisyka77 said:

It is heartbreaking, right? still cannot make myself watch sub for the first 30 min...the moment

Reveal hidden contents

Eun pleads his beloved 4th brother So to end his life because he prefer to die on the hand of So rather than the evil 3rd brother Yo. So's face at that moment...*cry*

*Big sigh* I feel really drained watching MLSHR. I need this madness to stop ASAP! I should have just avoided the show and wait till the whole series is over. But curiosity killed me. Arghhh.......

Yes...heartbreaking. Lady Hae, Lady Oh, Taejo, Prince Mu, 10th Prince/Soon Deok, Prince Yo (soon!) - who's next? What's the final body count going to be like? 

It is like I knew this was going to be a dysfunctional, emotionally damaging relationship but I went in to see how bad it could get. Too painful. No more sagueks with LJG for me. He makes me cry too much. Only no brainer, fluffy rom-coms from now on. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, fuyukoneko said:

Oh. I assume its because Won wants her to be there, it would be hard for anyone, including her to leave the palace, and she has nowhere else to go even if she succeeds in escaping. In C-drama, 4th prince has her killed because she keeping spying on him for 9th prince and has enough influence on one of 4th prince's son to get him to say what she wants. In C-drama, 4th prince and other princes (except 10 prince who only had 1 wife) had 2-3 wives. 

Not to mention , ...also in the C-drama - this HS assistant will die a horrible death , sentenced by WS and witnessed by HS. I believe this was also instrumental in her "decision" towards the end in the C-drama. Wonder if the K-version will follow suit.  But the execution needs to be shocking, otherwise .... in that era, one death is probably like any other by the time she has been WS concubine for a while and bear witness to the ongoings then. But WS stressed that he wants to be king to stop all these wilful and rampant executions. So let's see what's the k-twist, folks... 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, cojulie said:

They were never supposed to air 16, that was a mistake, so they'll probably re-air 16 tonight along with SBS and everyone else.

I know but they talk that they give us two episode today episDe 16+17 because we all know what happen yestarday..... and now what again bad news ... 

• Like 4