[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

5 minutes ago, chingu0825 said:

I came to the forum to see if there was any news on ep 16 but now I'm so confused. Did ep 16 air already? I thought it was cancelled and only one episode was going to air this week. What happened? 

@chingu0825

It was cancelled in Korea, but China's site YK leaked ep16 out...(accidentally? or revengefully for the raw editing version they have got?)

So oversea and Korean audiences can now watch ep 16 everywhere online...(except YK becoz they put it down after the leakage)...

That's why Korea's audience is now very angry and everyone requested SBS to air two episodes tonight on SBS guestboard and requested apologies from SBS for the cancelling (since the game just overrun for 5 mins only and they could still air it like last week....but they choose the 8 o/c news broadcast instead...)...

• Like 13

25 minutes ago, msgolightly9608 said:

Thoughts after watching ep 16

Reveal hidden contents

I can definitely see what people are talking about with the change is WS. But it can't be helped honestly. He needs to change. He needs to become a little more of his old self. Cold hearted and uncaring or people will continue to use him.

This episode was amazing. And as much as I cried...I also laughed way too hard when WY threw the cup at WS. :lol: It reminded me so much of a little kid throwing a tantrum.

Sharing my opinion on episode 16.

Spoiler

I am liking what I see because FINALLY, yes finally, we get to see Wang So demonstrating the qualities of a king, setting his purpose straight and being driven and ambitious. Man with power is way sexier than a man wondering around and just becoming a love sick puppy which how he was a few episodes back. But I do have serious problem with Haesoo because I really could not like her due to her lack of intelligence. Sorry that this is harsh but a dumb heroine really turned me off. Her mindset is in no way demonstrating a woman of 21st century. She has seen power struggles which led to blood bath first hand where she could do nothing to save the people that she cared for and all this happened because she was powerless. She should have known power is important at that period of time and could she not be realistic and think of why Wang So needs to be King? And I think it is selfish of her to ask him to give up his quest for the throne for her. Even making me angrier when she mentioned that their love alone is sufficient and nothing else matters. I am sorry but what kind of modern woman having that kind of mindset? She does not represent modern woman at all. 

Enough with my rants. I am looking forward to episode 17 where Wang So is all set to usurp the throne. I hope they storyline would be more coherent since Yo's coup was not done properly, so at least give us glorious moment when Wang So actually ascended the throne. 

• Like 13

Last night was so odd...just when I almost got over the disappointment...the link appeared with the leaked ep 16. Major blunder from SBS. Good for the fans, bad for the network and ratings. There will extra scenes in the K version for sure as the leaked ep 16 had a scene between So and Yeon Hwa from ep15 SBS version. Being more So-Soo focus - the lovey dovey scenes should be more detailed. 

Can't believe PD used the candle to depict a night spent together. That's so old school - like in a Louis Cha drama series in the 80s. LOL. 

I am not going to say anything more about ep 16 until the 2 eps are released tonight. Just a quick comparison between BBJX and Scarlet Heart: Ryeo focused on Jung. 

Spoiler

The 14th Prince in BBJX and novel were pretty similar except that 14th in BBJX came across as more platonic while the version in the novel fell in love with Ruoxi much earlier. His feelings and concern for RX remain steadfast from beginning till the end. Nothing like the child-like, starry eye depiction in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo. Over the years, 14th Prince transformed into a swashbuckling general (14th was supposed to be tall and well built like a warrior) that women swooned and men admired. Emperor Kangxi genuinely wanted happiness for Ruoxi and felt 14th was the best choice. His favourite son for his favourite court lady whom he treated like a daughter. But like most women in love - we go with what our hearts feel - not what our brains tell us.  For BBJX - I would have chosen 14th though - LOL - 4th was too cold for my liking. 

In MLSHR - one honey-laden Wook was enough to cause a lot of confusion and dragged out a doomed romance which caused multiple problems down the road. If the writer gave us another likeable 14th prince - audience would be further torn. 4th Prince Wang So has to be the central figure for Soo to gravitate towards. Hence Jung is left to be a not so good tasting garnish on a dish. Jung is never going to like So - they are as different as night and day. And to Jung - everything changed when So returned to Songgak. He didn't realise that Soo was the reason for all these changes (TBH even Soo herself didn't know she was the cause of many changes). His happy world slowly slipped away - the rose tinted glass shattered one by one. Eun and Jung were very close as brothers - and Eun's death broke Jung. He blamed So as much as Yo. But in his mind - these might not have happened if So didn't come back.

While I am not inclined to forgive Jung for wronging So over and over again, I understand his perspective. Jung is a plot device to take Soo away and give her some comfort in her final days - that's all. He didn't mean any harm but he would be the reason for creating the biggest regret between So and Soo.

• Like 15

wow... what a day yesterday.. what a night last night.. how i want to join you all with the angst towards sbs but i couldn't cos of this cold, but i was and still with you all chingus..

first of all i want to say wow again for : those tons of still cuts and all the comments about it (bed scene.. bed scene..), the hilarious and amazing moments in awaits of eps 16, the baseball recap (thumbs up and thank you to @meahri_1 for spread the acknowledge about baseball) that only can happen here in in this kdrama forum :wub:, the ultimate fault that sbs did to not airing eps 16 followed by those leaked at youku (double wow), and in this hurtfull and dissappointment about everything.. here come the dearest couple calming everyone with their update and comments (really made my day). wow what a day yesterday...

i haven't watch eps 16 yet, but i sneak a peak from the spoilers here, i won't comment about anything yet, but i just want to praise @briseis for all those beautiful thoughts about the reason why sooso had to separate and i couldn't agree more about wangjung :angry:. i love all your analyzis and all your thoughts. 

for tonight episode, i think sbs should air 2 episodes back to back for the sake of the ratings, if they still care about the rating actually. i just can't deal with sbs's stupid schedule about the baseball game thing on mlshr day. if only they could make a decision earlier about it, this leaked episode will never happend, i guess. they should decide not to aired eps 16 hours before, not 15 minutes for god sake. i just felt so angry that this awesome drama and the hardwork of the cast and crew treated like this by sbs. they deserve better. 

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

I just saw ep 16. I'll be back with a more thorough review, but I need to get this off my chest.  

Eun and SD. Why must you do this to my heart? Andwaeeeeeee?!

Jung - is a freaking moron. All this time he is pissed off at So, while not accepting the fact that Yo is the evil mastermind of everything. He was tolerable in the beginning, now I just want to downright beech slap him every time he opens his month. He will definately ask for a marriage decree form Yo. I hope Soo will just downright reject his azz. He has done nothing to deserve her and thinks he can just waltz right up and take her. Boy, go back to the borders. No one wants you in the palace.

My SoSoo...I am so proud. They are getting their freak on without a care in the world. Look at how many days passed. They are spending time like newlyweds. So trying to pronounce Pegasus, LOL. Soo teaching him. Their laughter and hand holding. GAH! So freaking cute, these two. I am so happy that Soo chased after So this time. Girl, about time your chased after your man. Go to him. Give him dat sexual healing! 

Spoiler

You don't think he's angry at Yo and his mom too? Jung willingly chooses to go to the front of the borders as a way to get away from them. It's not like the C-drama, where the king orders him to go. And Jung drops the arrows that killed Eun in front of Yo before he goes. Its the words that Jung says that starts off Yo paranoia and hearing Eun's voice. I think he's angry at everyone (and not just WS) and the situation where he's helpess to save the people he cares.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, liongurl said:

@missluxedo “Darth Wook Lord of the Sith” made me laugh so much. But honestly, there are some parallels between Wook and Anakin Skywalker. :X they were both thought of as the epitome of noble/good despite having a rotten core.

As a sidenote, it's interesting how almost every single prince's character has been flipped around over the course of the show with the exception of perhaps Baek Ah. Although even in BA's case, it's arguable that his image of a 'playboy' hasn't held up to inspection ...

I agree, the characters and the writers tout him as a playboy - dubbed as the weakness of every Goryeo lady, the man who can smooth-talk his way out of everything. But I haven't really found any indications or scenes where he lives up to that name.

• Like 9

Aaaaaaahhhhh seriously, SBS. If I were one of the advertisers or If I were the production companies I would take the cancellation into legal action. I'd sue them for material and immaterial damage incurred from the cancellation. ugh.

Wow. gotta be proud with korean fans who stay away watching leaked episode 16 before its actual airing time tonight. They've got a lot to refrain from posting all the spoilery stuff. SK and its acceptance of episode 16 is still important factor for SH's ongoing struggle to be well received at homebase.

Therefore guys, maybe we can follow them by not so obviously having discussions on episode 16? :)

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Hide contents

You don't think he's angry at Yo and his mom too? Jung willingly chooses to go to the front of the borders as a way to get away from them. It's not like the C-drama, where the king orders him to go. And Jung drops the arrows that killed Eun in front of Yo before he goes. Its the words that Jung says that starts off Yo paranoia and hearing Eun's voice.

Nah, he's angry alright but still doesn't see that So was not at fault. That's what I'm actually frustrated with. He has always regarded So with disdain. He hasn't changed. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Some info

But quite a lot of guest said they watched it on YT on SBS guest baord? 

Some said " 저도 유튜브에서 시청했습니" and many fans requested SBS to apologise, and many requested SBS to air 2 episodes tonite, it's time to see if SBS has any sense of crisis management...

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/verticalBoard.do?pgm_id=22000009610&pgm_build_id=17623&pgm_mnu_id=44108&pageIdx=1&bbsCd=ct_bobo02&searchCondition=title&searchKeyword=

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Nah, he's angry alright but still doesn't see that So was not at fault. That's what I'm actually frustrated with. He has always regarded So with disdain. He hasn't changed. 

Oh. I think its also because Wook is poisoning him against So and while we know Wook has turned evil, Jung grew up with Wook as the caring older brother that you go when you have problems. I hope we'll see Jung learning the truth in Wook soon.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Some info

SBS made history with their mistake. International saw the leak first, but not k-fans. Unfortunately I don't think they will ever learn. If you have a drama that is supposed to air and fans want it, don't be a jerk and air something else. If they desperately need to air sport or other news, fine do it but still air the drama. Even if it's a couple minutes later, fans will watch it. Never underestimate ML fans or fans in general.

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, msgolightly9608 said:

Still putting this in spoiler for those who have not seen the ep 17 preview.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think HS should really have to explain the difference between WS and WW when it comes to wanting the throne. WW wanted the throne for more selfish reasons and he was USING HS to do so. WS on the other hand is doing it because he wants change in the dynamic of how the palace is run and he's not using HS to do that. He's doing it to protect everyone he loves and he's not stepping on anyone to get there.

More over...WS quest for the throne so far hasn't caused any life or bloodspilling...but for WW , we had seen him being an active conspirator in late Prince Mo 'slow assasination' that ended up with HS taking the blame. Not to mention him being the reason Prince Yo taking the idea of keeping HS as a 'hostage' to keep WS doing his bidding...which lead him to have to slay Eun. It was all his doing to begin with.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, amisyka77 said:

More over...WS quest for the throne so far hasn't caused any life or bloodspilling...but for WW , we had seen him being an active conspirator in late Prince Mo 'slow assasination' that ended up with HS taking the blame. Not to mention him being the reason Prince Yo taking the idea of keeping HS as a 'hostage' to keep WS doing his bidding...which lead him to have to slay Eun. It was all his doing to begin with.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was a little sad that WS grew out of his love-starved puppy phase, even though though it makes sense that his world has expanded from HS after two years of overseeing slaves die to build the new capitol and Eun's death.

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Some info

Only antis talk about it on DC because fans have agreed to wait. It is copyright infringement, and some are talking about screenshotting those that discuss ep 16 to send to the production company to sue. In fact, most people have decided not to visit the gallery until ep 16 is aired because antis are running wild with spoilers.

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Oh. I think its also because Wook is poisoning him against So and while we know Wook has turned evil, Jung grew up with Wook as the caring older brother that you go when you have problems.

Spoiler

Yeah, I agree. They have always been close. Even when Wook and So saved him from those hoodlums, he still only thanked Wook. He always goes to Wook when things go wrong and they're always together. I am mad that he never tries to understand So and continually blames him for things. He has been passive regarding all the wrong doings of Yo and rather walks away from the problem. Saying he'll kill So when Yo clearly shot the arrows and began the witch hunt on Eun and SD? Foo needs to open his damn eyes. Who this boy kidding?

• Like 13