Quantcast
kaiskloset

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

15 hours ago, cojulie said:

Rather than a season 2 where they try to modernize the same scenario, I'd much rather just have the main leads appear in a brand new drama all together with a fresh script.  I think a romantic comedy would be nice to see both LJG and KHN in :)

Since I want So and Soo to have a happy ending and live a happy and boring life together my idea for season two is a mockumentary style comedy with confessionals (similar to The Producers where the characters talk to the camera). So and Soo start dating and the series is how they encounter the usual dating and life milestones/obstacles in the context of them having memories of their previous lives.

e.g. what does the reincarnation of Gwanjong do for a living in the modern world? How does Soo introduce So to her parents? Soo encounters her ex boyfriend and ex best friend on the street, does she rub her happiness and So in their stupid faces? Do they move in together? 

Both IU and LJG have comedic timing so I think they could pull off this style very easily.

• Like 20

27 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Because traditional, conservative families (especially from privileged classes like royalty) keep meticulous family trees. While there are many Lees, Kims, and Parks in Korea, they are not all the same. There are different clans. LJG is from the Jeonju Lee clan, Prince Yangnyeong's branch. Also, each generation has a character that all members of that generation uses in their name. The character for the 19th generation after Prince Yangnyeong is 基, and there happen to be several Korean celebrities from this generation.

This doesn't mean all Koreans whose names are Lee **** Gi/Ki are from this generation, but there have been press reports that have specifically identified LJG or some other Korean celebrities as being from this generation. Important members of this clan do keep the records somewhere (and I've even found a website for them, but you had to be a member to access it).

This rule isn't as strictly followed any more, as modern families are letting go of many traditions. My father's siblings and all the cousins of his generation share the particular character assigned to them in their names regardless of gender, but I wasn't given the character for my generation because I'm a girl and the character would have made the name sound too masculine. 

The stuff you learn from watching mlshr. It's amazing.

@ruizaio thank you for the info. 

• Like 17

26 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

They post nasty, malicious stuff and try to get the fans to fight. They're bitter that the show is doing well otherwise or are fans of other celebrities they feel are threatened by the stars of this show. Or they just do it for fun because they are trolls.

It's a bit like kindergarden, isn't it?
I just don't get that, not my way of living

Why do I need to rip your or any comment/actor/celeb. apart, just because I did not like what was said/how it was performed?

I got into arguments before and I guess I will get into those again, but I am still happy to admit if I'm in the wrong, or just let it drop.
Each of us has a different opinion about things, we even see things different. The same scene might play and still our fixed point is
different. May it be because we have a bias twards an actor/character or we like/dislike the interaction ... oh whatever

I am so freaked out ever since I know about LJG that his ear piercings are so low on the loop ... I think it's so wrong, that he has them so low,
they should be further up and even them in his job there is the risk of ripping. I just hate that. There I said it ... I kept my mouth shut for YEARS
and I finally said it.
LEE JOON GI did you freaking pierced yourself! Looks stupid!

Done!
Back to peace and harmony :wub: 

• Like 18

Can someone please help translate? And why only yo have that sparkle in his eyes?

RO34219404_w1000_h0.jpg

RO45753777_w1000_h0.jpg

Thank you in advance for translating. :)

• Like 14

@ruizaio thank you so much for the details about naming convention in SK.

And not sure if I am right but I did some research long back after watching SKKS about how siblings get their names in older times (and some now too) as you said one character assigned to their generation is common between siblings (first or second) and other character is what selected by parents as their name (this naming convention has one name too but i cant recall that) Also the character given to one specific generation is derived from hanja character of their previous generation's character in  such a way that its meaning is related to previous one.

could you please let me know if what I know so far is true or not and if not then please correct so that It can help in correcting my SK history knowledge. 

• Like 12

Guest maniac-moon

OMG.i'm too young for die,but now i need CPR... I need to stay alive till ep 20.

Thanks for all stills

@aypopa  WOW. Chingu........This is an AWESOME video. Perfect Timing for something with a lot of humor since we have a lot of heavy coming our way. 

Spoiler

• Like 20

I think episode 16 will be a good episode. Too bad that the ratings of the episode will probably be affected again (just as in episode 14) because of the baseball game/uncertainty of airing... antis will bring again that is because of IU's "kiss jinx" and stupid journalist will make a stupid article about that. :rolleyes: Again and again.  

• Like 23

18 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@zagigirl  I too would love to see Wang Wook see them kiss . I also want Wang Yo, Yeonhwa and Jung witness their kisses. That would make me the happiest fan in the whole wide world. I am so tired of people not seeing the way Hae Soo feels for Wang So.   Yeonhwa sees their romance as something childish but I see a an endless love. Knowing Hae Soo she herself hasn't realized HOW MUCH SHE LOVES WANG SO.

I'm sure she didn't yet...coz he's almost always there and all over her... but regardless Wook from the start he catched her eye...always did have something to tell to each other and they spend pretty much time together...she's afraid coz of her visions...but the momment he's in threat she's worried...remember the poison thing and their encounter at the prison...she will soon...can't wait :wub:....more touches and kissess :)

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

I think episode 16 will be a good episode. Too bad that the ratings of the episode will probably be affected again (just as in episode 14) because of the baseball game/uncertainty of airing... antis will bring again that is because of IU's "kiss jinx" and stupid journalist will make a stupid article about that. :rolleyes: Again and again.  

Kiss jinx? What does that mean?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Akiddo said:

There was a famous poem used in BBJX when Ruoxi professed her love to 8th Prince. He later recalled this line to 4th Prince in detail to hurt him deliberately. Since this line was never used in MLSHR and was written many years before the Goryeo era - I hope perhaps Hae Soo could use this for Wang So.

死生契阔,与子成说。执子之手,与子携老。

- whether in life or death, making a solemn vow. I will hold your hand and grow old together. 

This photo inspired me to think about this verse for So-Soo. 

Hi! Akiddo, you seem to understand chinese, I wonder if you can translate a scene in BBJX for me. I'm not chinese, so I don't know much about chinese culture/custom.

Spoiler

After 4th prince became king, there is a scene, Ruoxi playfully told the king that she doesn't want him to allow anyone to touch his braid tail(hair). And only Ruoxi can touch it. What is the significant meaning behind chinese men braid tail(hair) that Ruoxi doesn't want anyone to touch it?.

And in the scene, when the king stand on top of the palace wall watching Ruoxi's horse carriage leaving the palace for the last time. The camera specifically close in on his hand holding the braid tail(hair). I think there is a connection between this scene and the first scene above. Since, I don't understand the first scene above, there's no way for me understand this scene.

Or, anyone who understand chinese culture/custom can translate the above scenes, it's fine too.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

1. Landon Carter ❤ Jamie Sullivan Lee Joon Gi ❤ IU

Oh cool, nice to meet another A Walk To Remember fan. I was totally obsessed with these two back in the day.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, soorani said:

Kiss jinx? What does that mean?

A kiss that gives bad luck. Yes, her haters are like that.

20 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

Now I need to re-organize my list of OTPs of All TIME (just top 5, might consume too much space keke~) cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif

4. Me ❤ Baek Ah 
:phew:

Hahahaha! :lol: Invite us to the wedding. 

• Like 13

@KdramaSwimmer actually, there are rules about the order of the assigned characters for each generation. It gets more into feng shui type of things, so I don't know the details. My father's family followed the radicals of the five elements (wood, fire, earth, metal, water) so my grandpa's character was based on water, my dad's character is based on wood, and my brother's character is based on fire. For the other character of the name that is individualized, you made sure there was no overlap with your ancestors. Unlike the west where it's common for sons to have the same name as their father or grandfather (so-and-so junior and such), it was considered a great disrespect to use the same character as your ancestors. There is even a record of someone who refused a position the king had appointed him to because the title of that position included a character of his father's name. The father did not want his son to refuse the king's order, and ended up changing his name so it wouldn't be an offense.

@MadraRua Smaller forums have volunteer mods, but big ones like MLSHR Gallery is supposedly moderated by DC employees, who are probably understaffed and don't really care. There is a reporting system, but the sheer number of posts makes it very difficult to mod in a timely manner. People also abuse the system. This is why single drama related forums don't spell out the names of the cast. This is one way we know whether someone's a genuine fan of the drama or a troll. If they spell out the name of the cast in their posts or comments, they're either clueless noobs or antis who want to trash the actors. 

• Like 24

I woke up with determination to do all postponed job today, then decided to take just one look on Soompi and... OMG, my heart is melted and my day is ruined again :sweatingbullets: I have no words to express how adorable these scenes are! Just look and look and look :wub: 

I wish WS was shot twice, in his shoulder and thigh as well hahaha forgive me :D

And, baseball! Wives and GFs of baseball team, please make sure your guys know their time limit! After 9.20 just throw bats away and go home to watch MLSHR :D:D

• Like 23