[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, chi13lou said:

Naah.. I think it's Yo. I think the stick thing happens the after-this-image act:
Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%207.39.1

I reaaally dont want to resort to comparing goatee.. But, I think that's Yo's goatee.. ;)

30 minutes ago, NitaA said:

Bed Scene????

OMG OMG.. I'm literally leaping from my chair after seeing theseeee!!! Of course, not like the Philippines boys in the previous post, but clooooseee!! :w00t:
If that damn baseball continues on and making MLSHR canceled or pending, I'm gonna go looney! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, daynci said:

i have some questions:

- why the movie's name: moon lovers scalet heart? i dont recall much moon into the stories or its just a name?

- there are like 10 princes or something (sorry i lost count), what happens to other princes? we have 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 13th,14th (i only remember these)

There also 3rd - Yo, 9th - Won, and 10th - Eun

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

These pictures are not helping my health, lol. Please don't tell me that he's gonna marry next. This is too much people XD

His sad expression while doing the weddinf ceremony :tears: poor him. What it's meant to be, it will be. The marriage is inevitable for him to avoid

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, moonlover399993 said:

These pictures are not helping my health, lol. Please don't tell me that he's gonna marry next. This is too much people XD

Yes.. My thought exactly. Is he married by then? I dont think this is image from next week's episodes. Could be the week after? 
Calling for Goryeo Fashion Experts... Does anyone has a reference on the King's fashion during inauguration (assume it's the inauguration day) - single or married, does the King still wear the same hair (down/up)? :blink:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, sadpluto said:

I don't know if someone posted this already.:sweatingbullets:

This is exactly how I felt. :wub:

Is that dude crying at the end? HAHAHAH

This is actually an edited version. The reaction was for the announcement of Miss Universe Philippines as a winner. But it was a nice depiction of our fandom reaction :D

• Like 8

5 hours ago, minekas said:

Reveal hidden contents

cr to owner

don't quote images, gifs, videos

A successful revolt is not a revolt - Yo said. I guess this bites back at him. 

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 19

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm inclined to believe that the next two episodes will provide us a much clearer picture of the writer's approach to GHJ's effect on the events leading to Gwangjong's ascension. What happens to Eun and Seon Deok will determine how the rest of history unfolds in this drama. I don't think the writer is obliged to follow recorded history all that closely when so many liberties have already been taken with the official presentation. However, what the writer might be obligated to do is to follow the course set out by the novel.

What the "fate" of Eun and Seon Deok will give us is the tone of the rest of the drama. The latest previews are giving me a kind of Princess' Man vibe. Although the bloodbath started a lot earlier with that drama, there are similar resonances of a star-crossed romance at play. But then I should know better than to take too much stock in the previews of this show which are more often than not, de-contextualized... deceptively positioned and framed. ;) 

I also got the sense from Ep. 15 that Eun and Seon Deok hiding out in Damiwon was a double-edged sword. While it did eventually expose their whereabouts, it also showed that this life-death event brought them closer together, ended the push-pull dynamic and in all likelihood led to the consummation of their marriage. I don't know that it is that simple that Su should have told So about Eun being in Damiwon. Maybe she should have... maybe she believed that she had to ensure that neither of the parties should cross paths thus limiting the chances of an all out confrontation.  But then I don't think there's any guarantee of a positive outcome either way, if the premonitions are to be believed.

Despite what some of the characters say and think regarding their position in court, everyone has choices available to them despite not having absolute liberty. No one has that. However, within the limited options that are available to them, they are still able to decide their next course of action. We see that with Uk and Yeon Hwa in a significant way as they manipulate their way out of one situation out of another largely of their own making. It shows that despite all the best calculations in the world, people and circumstances are often quite unpredictable.

My one main criticism of Su is that she's trying so desperately not to take sides in this game of thrones. It could be she's clinging on to the last vestiges of her modern sensibilities and it may be that she's trying to mitigate the issue of anyone getting hurt. But that ship has already sailed. It doesn't matter what she's trying to do, as long as she's linked to So, in the eyes of everyone else, she has already taken a side. This is no time for neutrality. Lines have been drawn. Often as we've seen in recent decades, it's a lot more dangerous not take positions on issues because sooner or later, someone else will do it for you.

For me that's her prevailing narrative. If she maintains her neutrality or mediates between opposing sides... no one gets hurt. It is a rather naive position to hold regarding the game of thrones but it has resonances with our political classes and contemporary thinking about non-interference in larger world affairs. Undoubtedly everyone's sick of conflict and war but the reality is that even if our side doesn't start the wars, someone else will.

The moment she chose to be So's person and aligned with him emotionally, she already made her choice. She can barely protect herself, much less him or anyone else. For her to try and protect Eun is an existential reassertion of that belief that she can mediate the fight. This line of thinking may have had some impact when the more friendly Mu was in power. But when you have a manipulative tyrant in the making ruling the roost, neutrality is a pipe dream. Worse still neutrality might end up hurting more people than saving them.

As I've said on numerous occasions, I don't know how things will end up... There are a number of possibilities that I've mooted. At the end of the day I don't really like speculating publicly because it will only end up creating expectations or unnecessary angst. Whatever comes, I would like to see consistency in characterization and narrative which should, in my opinion, trump obligation to official history and even the novel itself. However, I'm not interested in a happy ending for a happy ending's sake. It's got to make sense.

I also want to say in praise of LJG that I'm so glad he undertook this project. He is a true acting great because he doesn't just "act" but inhabits the role completely. He doesn't just act the part but he is Wang So from head to toe. This is my fourth LJG drama and the only one that I've adored. Two of them I dropped midway largely because of pacing and the female lead. Two Weeks, I quite enjoyed. It's probably a bit of a cliche now to say this but LJG was born to play Wang So and this is a role of a lifetime for him despite all the post-production issues. The mask, the scar, the bloody face, the Goryeo outfits... he absolutely belongs in this role and all its trappings. My dream after this is to see LJG and Jang Hyuk in a drama or film together. Truth be told, I would pay very good money to see that collaboration. Aside from his performance, I adore his vocal delivery. People are right, he is the Prince of Sageuk because he does have the voice for it as well. For me he's like the Benedict Cumberbatch of SK... someone I could listen to for hours reading out of a phone book. The man needs to do audio books fast. I won't understand much but it won't matter.

As usual. Your post never fail to impress me. I especially love the last part I highlighted. I agree with you 1000% about LJG's voice & his Wang So's character. I love Benedict Cumberbatch's voice as Smaug the Dragon. I can sit and hear LJG keep on talking even though I didnt understand a word. hahahahaha!!

• Like 23

5 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Is that ... Jung in the corner? And he's smiling?!?! :huh:

they are not in good terms right? maybe because he think will have a chance with Soo now that So is married to YH if im not mistaken. i think So-Soo relationship is not a secret in the palace, though..

but now looking at it its not a wedding but inauguration of a new king..

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 17

5 hours ago, fidda868 said:

My heart cannot handle thisssssss!!!!! Finallyyyyy the bed scene...opss...no bed but floor scene i guess...nyehehehe

I am fainting!! Monday please come. Ppali ppali

Edited by lupita311
  • Like 15

9 minutes ago, minekas said:

ep 16 spoilers-I have mixed feelings when I see the spoiler pix, but above all I want to say Long Live the King Gwangjong

Reveal hidden contents

cr to owner

But the caption: it said "Dream"? Does this mean Yo only dreamed this? 
飾演三王子的洪宗玄(上圖)似乎亦夢見四王子李準基登基的畫面。

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, junejungki said:

As usual. Your post never fail to impress me. I especially love the last part I highlighted. I agree with you 1000% about LJG's voice & his Wang So's character. I love Benedict Cumberbatch's voice as Smaug the Dragon. I can sit and hear LJG keep on talking even though I didnt understand a word. hahahahaha!!

True ...i love his voice too

• Like 12