[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, chi13lou said:
Bad news!

I am curious, could he have lied? To not spoil it for us or maybe because of a privacy policy of the creators of the drama could he have lied?

I don't think he would lie to fans like that but does anyone think this is possible?

• Like 14

3 hours ago, virsvirs said:

Looking forward to the possibility of MLSHR Season 2!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo season 2; renewal reasons for the SBS mini-series

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo will probably air its finale on October 31.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo will probably air its finale on October 31.Twitter/Scarlet Heart: Ryeo

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo finale is just a few weeks away and there is an overriding concern among the fans regarding its renewal. While there is no official confirmation on a second instalment of the SBS drama, speculations are rife predicting the potential new season.

The period drama, starring Lee Joon-gi, Lee Ji-eun a.k.a IU and Kang Ha-neul in the lead roles, is loosely-based on the historic events of Goryeo Dynasty and the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin. It revolves around the life of a court lady named Hae Soo and the princes of a ruling family, including Wang So, Wang Wook and Wang Yo.

Although the mini-series opened up to several criticisms, it gradually managed to impress the viewers with its appealing storyline.

The interesting plot twists and character formation of Scarlet Heart Ryeo exude mass appeal. As a result, the show succeeded in acquiring a high position in several international platform for fiction series.

With no reasons for a cancellation and more reasons for a renewal, rumour mills are on overdrive on a potential new instalment in the foreseeable future. Here are a few renewal reasons for Moon Lovers:

Viewership Ratings

First and the foremost, the element deciding the renewal or cancellation of a mini-series is its viewership ratings. If the show is on a profitable run with impressive ratings, the production house will definitely rake in the profits and support the period drama. Since the SBS drama has managed to gather good viewership ratings, it can be assumed that the network will renew the series for a second instalment.

Proper closure of storyline and role of characters

The mini-series began by portraying Hae-soo a.k.a Go Ha-jin as a 21st century woman, who gets transported back to Goryeo Dynasty as a 16-year-old girl. As of now, there is no clue on whether the character will end up as a court lady or get back to the modern world. If the period drama fails to give a befitting closure to the character, it will be disappointing for the viewers who have high expectations from the show.

International fan base

Despite the negative points it gathered after the premiere episode, the South Korean drama has managed to pull in a large number of audiences from across the globe. Within a month of its release, the show crossed one million views on a Chinese streaming site. Considering the popularity of the show, SBS could opt for a second instalment of the Korean mini-series.

Glad that it is finally getting recognized for its immense popularity

• Like 15

3 hours ago, chi13lou said:
Bad news!

Hmmm I don't believe you, Joongi-ssi!! ^_^

Look at his face! He's shyly SMILING and seems so flustered *like he's saying: "Nope nope, I'm not saying anything. Find out for yourself"

hahahahahahah I think he's lying. It would be a spoiler if he said yes. Because if there's no bed scene, then what was that topless selfie with IU in the background all about??! :D

• Like 24

14 minutes ago, innrukia said:

I read someone said that his answered for bed scene is refer to never say goodbye not ML

I read someone said that his answered for bed scene is refer to never say goodbye not ML

REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

I looked back and checked the video and I don't know if I'm getting ahead of myself but his face looks slightly more chubbier than now. ALTHOUGH HE STILL IS AMAZING - like most know he lost 15kg for ML to make his face sharper (and other reasons) so I think this is before that. I know it's hard to see so I might be wrong because I'm desperate for @innrukia to be correct. Someone please shine some light here!!

• Like 17

58 minutes ago, virsvirs said:

This poem is written by Wang Wei, called “Zhongnan Mountain.” 
He is known as Wang Yu (왕유) in Korea, this poem being called: “종남별업” (Jong Nam Byul Up) 

行到水窮處(항도수궁처), 座看雲起時(좌간운기시)

This is So’s way of saying, even if the situation has changed and I have married to another person, my heart and love for you will always be the same–whatever form it takes. His heart will not change.  :heart:

Oh. So that's what it means. I didn't bother to think about it. At least now the meaning of the letter is clearer. Thanks for posting it. :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Akiddo said:

The first thing my hubby said when he watched SHR with me was - he is too pretty! To be honest - LJG is prettier than I.U. - especially his rose bud lips - it is no wonder he was cast in King & The Clown. Yet he managed to inject so much masculinity in Wang So. I am not crazy about flower boys/men cos I like outwardly masculine men like Cha Seungwon type. Even Song Joongki doesn't make any dent in my mind..too pretty. But as an actor  - i was impressed with LJG in two weeks and SWWTN. Will probably try to watch his older dramas later - I tried Joseon Gunman but stopped at ep 7. Oh well - SHR has ruined my life. Can't wait to get my life back yet upset that it will end in 5 eps. Oxymoron right? 

@Akiddo I agree with you that LJK is too pretty..hahaha..I should say pretty man. That s could be the reason that he is heavenly match with IU who looks feminine. Compared with others female leads in different dramas, I found that IU is 100% chemistry match with LJK. 

If you love Two weeks, you should probably try to watch Times between Dog and Wolf...very nice and awesome drama....

• Like 21

5 hours ago, ladyfriday said:

Hello, loves! I've finally gotten around to finishing up my next fic~ It's an arranged marriage AU, which I think is kind of ironic given episode 14. Anyways~

let me in the walls (you’ve built around)

She could run away. It’s really not an option, if she thinks about it logically. But she looks at Fourth Prince, at the stubborn line of his jaw, and. She’s almost sure he’s serious. If she tells him right then that she doesn’t want this, then he will find a horse and spirit her away before the guards can so much as sneeze. And it’s—the first real choice anyone has given her.

Ironically, it’s this that makes the decision for her.

By the King’s decree: the first daughter of the Hae clan will be wed to the Fourth Prince.

[read here]

OMG I :heart: IT! Please Continue:D It's brilliant how you've included some scenes from episode 7 but in a different context :wub:

• Like 13

Unable to bear to watch ep.15, so I missed a few scenes.
After being pampered by our OTP kiss in ep.14, we must see "coup d'état" by Wang Yo with the help of Wang Won and Wang Wook. It was horrible seeing the Prince brothers killed each other for the sake of a throne. Very sad to hear Ji Mong's words : "He is a King. He is a king of our Nation, Goryeo. Are you going to leave him here in tatters like this?

Yes, Ji Mong is true. In any case, Wang Mu is a king. He doesn't deserve to be treated as if he is worthless. This makes Ji Mong recalled the past event when the young Wang Mu, the little Wang So and him were chatting on the terrace of the palace. When the young Ji Mong asked the young Wang Mu that what if he didn't have a long life. He replied that he didn't care if he didn't have a long life. More important to him was with whom he spent his last days. It's very heartbreaking for me. 

At the time it was just our prince artist, Baek Ah, who prayed that the king was rest in peace. While Wang Jung and Wang So were sad and sorry but unable to do anything to  protect the King.  For Wang Jung, he actually wanted to loyal and protect the king, but a warning of Wang Yo and her mother to not interfere in the coup wasn't able to make him against them. As for Wang So, he had a very hard dilemma. He had to make a choice between the one he loves, Hae Soo, or the dead king. 

I'm still excited to follow the adventures of Wang So - Hae Soo love story in  Goryeo land. I don't know what will happen to their love story in the end. I'm not trying to peek at the novel and the story of chinese version. I can only rely on the PD and the Writer, and I will just follow where the water flows. Yet I still believe that they will make a sweet surprise for us. They surely have a way how they will make a happy ending story for our couples.

Hoping a baseball game on time so we do not lose MLSH episode 16. Although sometimes my live streaming is not going well, but I'm satisfied because in return, I will read the live recap of all MLSH Lovers here, (especially live translation from @Gwenli)

Routine things will happen on Monday and Tuesday after the episode drama ends is, the attacks will come insistently in this thread, so it is sometimes difficult to access this forum. Afterwards, Wednesday to Sunday, while waiting for Monday and Tuesday, the creative image, funny memes and interesting review of MLSH Lovers will come here. And I feel comforted. Thank you to all of you.

As we all desire, hopefully surprising things will happen to our OTP in the upcoming episode, as we all very expect, passionate kiss scene again 696969and aww .... the bed scene 53  53. 53... BTW whether the bed scene  will be shown? whether IU will be willing to do it? I will give her two thumbs up if this happens. Hopefully ....  86868686

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Akiddo said:

The first thing my hubby said when he watched SHR with me was - he is too pretty! To be honest - LJG is prettier than I.U. - especially his rose bud lips - it is no wonder he was cast in King & The Clown. Yet he managed to inject so much masculinity in Wang So. I am not crazy about flower boys/men cos I like outwardly masculine men like Cha Seungwon type. Even Song Joongki doesn't make any dent in my mind..too pretty. But as an actor  - i was impressed with LJG in two weeks and SWWTN. Will probably try to watch his older dramas later - I tried Joseon Gunman but stopped at ep 7. Oh well - SHR has ruined my life. Can't wait to get my life back yet upset that it will end in 5 eps. Oxymoron right? 

Yeep.. he's too pretty, especially the slanted eyes and rose bud lips - like you said. :blink:
But somehow, what amazed me is, how he can pull off the manly acts despite the pretty face. He can look super macho but other time, he looks waay too pretty that.. (please don't hit me with frying pan :sweatingbullets: ).. that makes me shut my eyes and cringe. 

His hands tho... nothing pretty about that. It's the epitome of masculinity. Big strong and manly :heart: *SWOOON 
Aheem... Sorry MODS for getting out of track here.

• Like 19

14 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

Most likely a typo. Most popular camera to shoot for high resolution is the 4K camera, which shows beautifully on 4K TVs. I wish I had a 4K TV to watch this show on.  If you want to learn more about cameras, this discussion is very informative. 4K refers to the amount of information the camera is able to capture. 

http://nofilmschool.com/boards/discussions/why-indie-filmmakers-should-not-shoot-4k

ahh got that... now that makes sense.. thanks for sharing dear friend.

And a sequel.. no i dont want a sequel i just want to see all the scenes shot for first part and if I get that I think that would much much more than a sequel of this show.... I am already so much curious about all the story building behind the scenes that were shown and that will make me happiest

9 hours ago, qwenli said:

I have met a fair number of Indians in Soompi, maybe they could be living out of India now, so there must be others. :)

is it..thanks for telling that..

and may be cause you have been here constantly so you met so many already...I am on and off here for last 5 years and now only became regular so may be now I'll meeting more fellow indians...btw I already met around 3 people here so being regular here have some perks...

• Like 8

5 hours ago, valsava said:

@sriskaddict  Wow were did you find the picture of LJK dressed in his Kings Robe I have never seen a more handsome King in Kdrama history No the first one is Song Il Kook In Jumong.. He looks amazing how can he say this is his last Saguek. I can handle him doing other works but he just made for these kinds of drama and I have the need to see him be a King more then once..

Spoiler

I hope he will do more sagueks in the Goryeo period, the costumes and hairstyles suit him much more than the funny hat in Joseon period. I got tired of the Joseon look after SWWTN although he did look great in AATM in the magistrate outfit.

• Like 11