[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

no bed scene? bummer :tears:

i am curious. what interest fans here to watch MLSHR? the story? the actors? the actor? 

i myself almost skipped the whole drama. i saw ep 1, or more browse through ep 1, didnt find it interesting enough to watch ep 2. till a friend convinced me to watch again, i jumped and watched ep 4, loves it, after that i watched ep 1-3 properly. hooked ever since. in all honesty, it was LJG who got me hooked at first. he's so good here. 

but with all it flaws, the drama got me hooked for the rest of the episodes, not just LJG.

• Like 24

13 hours ago, ruizaio said:

The official Goryeo records (which, by the way, were compiled like 500 years later) do say that Wang Gyu revolted, but because history is recorded by winners, there are scholars who think it was distorted to justify the Yo-So brothers taking the throne. Similarly, I think the reputation of Gwangjong as a paranoid tyrant in the later years was also influenced by his successors who weren't his descendants.

Korean audience generally criticize sageuks that deviate much from history, but that doesn't mean that they aren't made or not liked. Empress Ki blatantly distorted history, so they claimed that it was fictional and not historical, although everybody knew who their counterparts were in history.

Thus, I think it would have been acceptable to assign the role of the 8th prince (or whoever the main rival to the 4th prince would be) from the C-version to Wang Eui. It is better to make a historically obscure person into a villain than somebody who was influential enough to father future kings. (In the case of Joseon sageuks, the descendants of historical figures who appear as villains often cause ruckus for tarnishing the name of their ancestors - even if that ancestor did do despicable things according to hostory. I suppose that could be considered another form of censorship. Some sageuks get around by changing the name of the characters even though people will know who they are supposed to be.)

@ruizaio Thanks for explaining your POV as you seem very knowledgable with sageuks!  Also, sorry to cut the quote as I don't want my post to be too long as they were always :D .

I guess my taste is different from yours but siimilar to Korean audience who doesn't like sageuks to deviate much from history. I like historical drama that I could reference back but there were a few information of characters missing in history that there could be dramatic creation to captivate the audience's interest rather than someone barely had any historical facts. I haven't watched much Korean sageuks or finished any but I really enjoyed Chinese and European palace historical drama that I could read up and reference back. Though I don't like any of my native country's historical drama as their production value were very very poor and there was no completely intact historical palace sites, I really enjoyed reading autobiographies of royals in different dynasty unlike my friends.

Like you mentioned, history was written by winners and I was born in a country (NOT China) where government censorship was very powerful that even people from current generation don't even know what is really going on with country politics, economy and education system. As we were forced to memorize many untrue facts about contemporary history and it won't be allowed any deviation from what is recorded in accepted books in any written or visual art forms, I'm NOT appealed to historical drama with blatantly distorted history like Empress Ki (I barely finished 4 episodes I think as I was so confused with all these characters different from history).

Anyhow, in my opinion, I still think that 8th was a good choice as he could be similar to actual 8th in novel being killed by 4th during his reign as WW did die in the middle of WS's reign and previous adaptation drama Empress Cheonchu shown he and his sister were being killed by WS/ Gwanjong as he misunderstood them being involved with their clan Hwangbo's defiance of his rule (though how both of them died was not known to the recorded history and drama Empress Cheonchu took creative license for this aspect). Since Goryeo era was from a long time ago and record might not be accurate, I think someone whose life course might be similar to Kangxi's sons in the novel (which was last dynasty of China and Tong Hwa's writing was pretty accurate except of course Ruoxi's involvement) would be much suitable. In WW's case, mainly because he was brother of queen Deamok whom SK writer put as pivotal antagonist for WS and HS love life as well as his mother was a queen from powerful Hwangbo clan rather than just royal concubine (furen) which put WW have more opportunities vying for the throne and give him more resentments not getting it.

Note: While watching Cv, I found 8th being ridiculous wanting to get the throne being born from consort of low birth, competing with CP who was 2nd son born of main principal wife in original novel though it did not say who 8th grandfather was. In actual history, his mom, Liang Fei, was NOT really low-born, attained consort level (which was 3rd rank) and her father was a Mongol prince though he was executed for unknown reason.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, valsava said:

@sriskaddict  Wow were did you find the picture of LJK dressed in his Kings Robe I have never seen a more handsome King in Kdrama history No the first one is Song Il Kook In Jumong.. He looks amazing how can he say this is his last Saguek. I can handle him doing other works but he just made for these kinds of drama and I have the need to see him be a King more then once..

It was LJG IG. Yeah his beauty is outwardly. I think he might come back to sageuk.its his forte. You know when I see Wang so,I don't see LJG, that's how good he is. His persona when serious is so different and majestic as WS, while from BTS LJG looks like such a funny guy. If I remember him he mentioned he wanted to play a character like the king in king and clown. So let's hope we see our LJG as king in future too

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, hitomebore08 said:

Hide contents

tumblr_of2vxgoL4s1qla6n6o2_1280.jpg

The first thing my hubby said when he watched SHR with me was - he is too pretty! To be honest - LJG is prettier than I.U. - especially his rose bud lips - it is no wonder he was cast in King & The Clown. Yet he managed to inject so much masculinity in Wang So. I am not crazy about flower boys/men cos I like outwardly masculine men like Cha Seungwon type. Even Song Joongki doesn't make any dent in my mind..too pretty. But as an actor  - i was impressed with LJG in two weeks and SWWTN. Will probably try to watch his older dramas later - I tried Joseon Gunman but stopped at ep 7. Oh well - SHR has ruined my life. Can't wait to get my life back yet upset that it will end in 5 eps. Oxymoron right? 

• Like 24

Chingus,please help me to surpass MLSH...I life turn to become upside down as well because of MLSH. I can't stop myself for not seeing  this forum. Only by reading your all insights could help my life moving on till the next episode. The first thing I do every morning is searching this thread because I wanna to know if any updates and progress of this drama from all chingus.......:o I am fallen deep in love with WS and HS. :astonished:....

• Like 21

After seeing many pics of WE dying/ death and possibility of SD's pregnancy, I got a revelation why a lot of people in other forum are saying WE & SD didn't die. Are you guys saying this cuz in history Prince Gwanjowon's death was not recorded though his whereabout was unknown in history after his grandfather and family of over 300 people were killed in 945??? So, ppl are thinking they were somehow escaped their death by WS's help and their dying scene in preview were untrue premonition of HS as her time-travel changed WS and history???

@dears

moon_lovers__wang_eun_and_park_soondeok_

https://mobile.twitter.com/melloviciousiu/status/744183781351821313/photo/1

http://pumkhaw9892.deviantart.com/art/Wang-Eun-The-10th-prince-600997935

1476343192_scarlet-heart-ryeo.jpg

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, Akiddo said:

The first thing my hubby said when he watched SHR with me was - he is too pretty! To be honest - LJG is prettier than I.U. - especially his rose bud lips - it is no wonder he was cast in King & The Clown. Yet he managed to inject so much masculinity in Wang So. I am not crazy about flower boys/men cos I like outwardly masculine men like Cha Seungwon type. Even Song Joongki doesn't make any dent in my mind..too pretty. But as an actor  - i was impressed with LJG in two weeks and SWWTN. Will probably try to watch his older dramas later - I tried Joseon Gunman but stopped at ep 7. Oh well - SHR has ruined my life. Can't wait to get my life back yet upset that it will end in 5 eps. Oxymoron right? 

Yeah, right and just like what everybody is saying here, LJG is way more prettier than his female leads. And I 100% agree! I have watch both arang and SWWTN before, but MLSHR has made me into a total fan image.gifI'm so addicted to LJG now. Iljimae, Two weeks, Never Say Goodbye earlier lol.. next will be Time Between Dog and Wolf.  ali_002.gifRIP to my social life.

• Like 22

18 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

I'm REALLY HATING these baseball games nonono-onion-head-emoticon.gif Christ, all this doubting of airing or not will cause another slight drop in ratings. Why can't they give ML a break. Not only are we worried about our couples and the impending doom, but we have to worry about IF the air it at all or wait another week noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif. I'm mentally aging very fast and feel like I'm growing white hair because of this. I want to look young, without having wrinkles and panda eyes, and having a fresh mind desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif .  Why can't they just let another channel handle the game. This isn't the Olympics. IDK anymore sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Should we lead another revolt?? Who care about baseball??  I want my MLSHR dose next Monday!!!!! 

15 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

Chingus,please help me to surpass MLSH...I life turn to become upside down as well because of MLSH. I can't stop myself for not seeing  this forum. Only by reading your all insights could help my life moving on till the next episode. The first thing I do every morning is searching this thread because I wanna to know if any updates and progress of this drama from all chingus.......:o I am fallen deep in love with WS and HS. :astonished:....

You are not alone dear. I am having the same problem. As I said earlier, if they still continue with the baseball games next week, I'll end up in the mental hospital. 

• Like 12