[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, Hanazumi said:
Spoiler

This reminds me of LJG's previous work Time Between Dog and Wolf. From wikipedia, "The unique title is taken from a French saying "L'heure entre chien et loup" and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe."

Thank you so so much for this input.. (I am marathaning Time between dog and wolf to have LJK doses in enough quantity,  and already on epi 15). As while watching it I was so confused about what this title really means ? And what does it have to do with the drama storyline and thought to ask someone on its thread but glad you put it here. It helped me in understanding the story a bit better. 

There everyone is tailing other to find out whether they are with them or against them.

And I saw one of my notifications that you mentioned me in one of ur posts but not sure why I cant seem to find where did you mention me..and what that talk about..

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, sadpluto said:

Was it only yesterday that ep 15 aired? It seems like forever ago. I told myself to stop watching and wait till the end of the month to marathon it but I just can't. I'm in too deep. :confounded: I'm already counting down to next monday. While I wait I've been watching the preview for ep 16 over and over again. It seems like Yo is going crazy. Is it the power trip or is Hae Soo slipping something in his tea? Dare I hope that she is actively trying to eliminate Yo and maybe get a little revenge for her man.:naughty: Anyways, she's been accused of poisoning Moo twice and she didn't do it either times. So, I think she should do it this time because right now is the right time to kill someone. Once Yo dies, So will take over and Hae Soo can get away scotch free. In the words of Yo, "A successful treason is not treason at all.":smirk: Then she can truly become a woman of Goryo because killing is the norm here and I think almost all the characters have done it.

Except Eun he's going to die pure.:expressionless:

P.S. In the international preview HS and WS are talking to JM and he says it's time or something like that. Do you think they will tell WS that HS is from the future?

i too think same.how great that would be.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Actually the whole thing of us dissecting MLSHR reminds me of the days as HP fans dissecting the books. But it's so much fun because JK Rowling has dropped hints even from Book 1. Not sure about MLSHR's writers here. Do they really drop us hints for us fans to pick up or is it just WE who are too enthusiastic and have too much love about the drama that we start to fill in the blanks ourselves, seeking hints and creating answers at the same time. :huh:

Yeah, we're our own teachers now regarding MLSHR. Soompi and DramaBeans are like the MLSHR analysis classes. It's free or it's mad due to MLSHR.

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, kaiskloset said:

cant stop smiling...

hahaha this is soo  #cute

Will you marry me?

16 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

And I saw one of my notifications that you mentioned me in one of ur posts but not sure why I cant seem to find where did you mention me..and what that talk about..

Ah, it was to let you all know about the hallyu voting thing. The site crashed so I was able to find the original link to the polls. But I didn't intend for the post to get so many likes so I removed it :D.

• Like 12

So I'm trying to read everyone's awesome writing and people who have seen the Chinese version of Moon Lovers has expressed that in that version RX starts hating on the 4th prince and does everything in her power so that the 4th prince will let her leave the palace due to misunderstandings.  Mind you I have not watched the Chinese version ( and I can't at this time watch any other drama due to my obsession with Moon Lovers), but I just can't imagine Soo leaving So. I mean honestly we have what, like 6 episodes left and I have yet to see Soo love So like he loves her. I remember someone quoting a couple of pasages from the story (sorry, I don't remember who and where but it was here on Soompi) about how she saw the 4th prince and realized how beautiful he is and how all all the moments lead to this moment and even if she grows old or die, she would still remember him at this moment recalling exactly how he looked in that moment (something like that). This drama still owes me that! Soo has yet to show any epic love to my 4th prince as of yet.  There's so little time left for her to gaze longingly at him, to want to constantly be touching him and to seek him out.  So is always doing that to her. Anyways I'm just ranting because I don't want Soo to hurt my 4th prince in anyway or form. 

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Ah, it was to let you all know about the hallyu voting thing. The site crashed so I was able to find the original link to the polls. But I didn't intend for the post to get so many likes so I removed it :D.

Ahh got that... :)

15 hours ago, qwenli said:

you have an awesome husband! lol

mine, watches with me but keep asking me questions for e.g why must 4th marry the princess, why did crazy eoma hair turn white...why did Jung like HS now.... who are 3 white person (JM,CP and So when young)....why... why...:sweatingbullets: all the time, while I am typing my live recap.....lol 

That makes me understand for some ordinary viewers, its really hard to follow the show if they dun follow the background.:D

I know. He is my Wang So and he ride bike because he doesnt like to drive. You see, I have my 2 wheel Ferrari too :lol:

True, kinda hard to watch and understand if they dont follow the background of the story. 

15 hours ago, kaiskloset said:

cant stop smiling...

hahaha this is soo  #cute!

Oh!! I wish I was that girl :kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

On a side note, I completely agree with all of you talking about what to do after Moon Lovers is finished broadcasting. I'm going to have serious withdrawal symptoms from the drama and this thread... 

Hide contents

@MadraRua me too...I think I will be still lurking around here for long...how to get back to my real life....

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, riuenu said:

hahahahhahaha, I cant move on as well..oh man...I been repeating the BTS since yesterday, and please dun ask me how many times I repeat...I LOST COUNT!

and this..I still root much for this reaction of him LOLOLOLOL, credit DC owner via rosegarden1996 twitter

He was  like "Me..? Me..?" acting all innocent ...this guy really ..just he wait til i get my hands on him HAHHAA   ok-smiley-face.gif:P

• Like 17

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

And regarding Time Between Dog and Wolf, the title is such a masterpiece because we just don't know who's our friend and enemy. I think this speaks clearly to when Hae Soo knelt under the rain for Lady Oh.

From wikipedia, "The unique title is taken from a French saying "L'heure entre chien et loup" and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe."

The moments after sunset is the rain here. Wang So is the friend (supposedly to be a wolf or future ruthless Gwangjong) while Wook is the foe (supposedly to be a loving gentleman). What I get out of this after putting myself in deep thoughts (when I should be studying for an exam today :cry:) is that rain appears when clouds mask the sunlight and it is just like how the eclipse happens (sun and moon become one). It was such an evoking moment for Hae Soo because unconsciously, she realized the true nature of both So and Wook. I do not remember seeing Hae Soo crying for that rain scene but the rain symbolizes her heartbreak and tears, not just for Hae Soo but for So and Wook also. So is pained to see Hae Soo suffering. Wook is pained because he has chosen to abandon her. Hae Soo is pained because of Lady Oh's sacrifice, So's kindness and Wook's abandonment.

Another quote I got is from the Anatolia Story / The Red River manga (I do not remember the chapter) and it says:

"Twilight invites devils to arise = They say devils roam through the streets when dusk is about to pass into night and those devils sow falsity and confusion. What kind of devil just passed through us, I wonder?"

I think both quotes really describe the rain scene perfectly. Both the sunsets and twilight are referring to the same thing in this drama and that is the rain. It shows Hae Soo's suffering and then her rebirth. It's like she was drowned for a second time and got up again, just like the scene we got in episode 1. Also, it shows whatever is the "old" Hae Soo completely "died" with the rain scene as well as her love for Wook, steering her towards the ship for her and So. It's the water motif again through the rain. I remember Barbrey on DramaBeans mentioned that had Wook chosen Hae Soo, he would probably receive the blessing from the river god and become king. Barbrey on DramaBeans theorized that Hae soo coming out from the bath was important because she was supposed to be seen by all the possible candidates (she saw So separately in the bath). Now I am thinking that the bath scene in episode 1 was like an interview to find the right candidate (from this moment until the rain scene, she was torn between So and Wook) while the rain scene was the decision that Soo has made. She chose So, not Wook. As the rain stops, the sun is brighter and the pleasant smell (hence So) while whatever that is left (odor) is Wook.

I think Earnest Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms probably is a good example of the rain motif.

Feel free to correct me on this.

@bebebisous33@40somethingahjumma@special_bee@dears@kdramawriter@KdramaSwimmer

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, berny said:

He was  like "Me..? Me..?" acting all innocent ...this guy really ..just he wait til i get my hands on him HAHHAA   ok-smiley-face.gif:P

that self denial unbelievable face LOL, tell me how to deal with the withdrawal syndrome of that BTS first...

Spoiler

before we talking about withdrawal syndrome of this..drama :weary:

• Like 19

8am ... good morning fellow inmates

I just woke up and while waking up I stupidly dreamed about ep.16 .... don't judge me, you've all been there

so:
While HS holds WE back from running after SD she runs into WS & Daddy who prepare her (attatching some bloodthingy on her back.
She runs on and fights guards and WS runs behind her and slashes her back
While they do that daddy fixes an Arrow to WE chest, who came behind SD and now he stumbles out crying in "Pain" and agony seeing his wife there. 
WS turns around to him and "slashes" him.
All that show is for the stupid Yo-king and his puppies WW and HY, who "by chance" followed their guards to the bath-house
General Park runs out crying and cursing WS "How dare you slaughter my baby. You promised not to touch her. You monster. You Wolf"

Everyone is happy and wants to drink tea, while GP drags of the bodies of his sweeties and HS gets a "report" from JM, as WS needs to attend the tea-party

• Like 17