Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

She never told to anyone. She might have dropped vague statements, but she never disclosed it for the fear that she might have changed the history, of which apparently she did.

 

I thought the Arrow Scene is omitted, but it is included anyway , in the later episode and with much more  in essence in the context. .

At this point on, I must say SHR had made the adaptation much sadder because of the tragedies  . The difference is, the deaths are gradual prior to 4th prince becoming a king. Wang So's path is arduous indeed.

Another angst that I anticipate SHR will take the route the same as the novel  lonely onion head

  Reveal hidden contents

Wang So and Hae Soo's unborn child . 

 

 

Spoiler

I forgot the exact episode where Ruoxi tells 4th prince, but in episode 33, 4th prince has a flash back where Ruoxi tell him she's not Ruoxi and she's not from his time period. Its in that episode that 4th prince realizes that she really isn't from their time period. He didn't believe her until that moment.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

Totally unsure if this was posted before: 

Irresponsible speculation time (from 韩版步步_惊心)

Some C-fans reckon the mask kiss is dreamt up by HS as she passes onto the next dimension / time travels back to the year 2016.

(This I doubt, since she seems to want to leave like Lady Oh, and even RX from C-BBJX and forget everything from this world)

EB3PSeH.jpg
Also they think the ring on HS's finger and the robe seems to suggest the mask kiss takes place after WS ascends the throne
(But it seems like her sleeve?)

QuIWfQ0.jpg

 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

**THIS IS A YEON Hwa LOVE POST/don’t hate me**

I gotta say, I really feel Yeon Hwa with this. I love her saying “Why does everyone on that seat threatens me with marriage. You must believe there is no better way to control a woman than marriage.” Daaaamnnn women be hearing this for thousands of years. Even today! 

Also this: “Feelings and marriage are just silly games to you when they are life to death for me.” BLAM the nail right on the head! This is the huge divide between HS and YH, YH knows how important these things are because as a woman in that time they are all the weapons we have to work with. So for YH, inciting feelings isn’t about making a connection, but merely a point of survival. Buying into the theory about HS as the unification goddess of Korea, this would never work for HS. HS is about love and unity, not about survival. I love HS/YH as foils against each other too. Because HS stands for love and YH stands for survival and we already known that one survives and one dies. So it’s like we have to decide between choosing love or death. Because Hae Su choose who she loves, she doesn’t get to live. Because YH chooses survival, she doesn’t get who she loves. Phew. Heavy richard simmons there, Moonlovers! (If you’re a GOT fan, this is the Rob Stark dilemma and why the Red Wedding happened) 

I think it was also smart of the show to really clearly define why Wang So fell in love with Hae Su and not YH as defined by their primary traits: Love Vs. Survival. Wang So feel in love with Hae Su and NOT Yeon Hwa first because Yeon Hwa was too concerned about her position to declare herself for Wang So. If she HAD done so, I think the story would have been a little different because YH and WS actually have some history too. So even though YH was first in loving Wang So, because she did not declare herself for him, he fell in love with Hae Su. Timing is everything when it comes to love. Had YH show WS’s the openess and affection that Hae Su naturally seems to have, I think WS/YH would have been a solid thing. (side note: YH’s smokey eyeliner is WERQ FIERCE COVERGIRL)

EW at Wang Yo hasn’t forgiven Yeon Hwa for siding with Wook EVEN THO he’s working with Wook, another double standard for women.

Hae Su doesn’t think about her own survival as much as she thinks about everyone else’s (most likely because she’s not tethered to this time). I understand how much easier it is to root for a character like YH and be frustrated with Hae Su.

 

Someone had to love her...might as well be you. 

While I agree that YH is a particularly strong willed woman for her time period I don't agree with  idolizing her. Yes i understand she is trying to survive but she is being extremely selfish and greedy putting her own life before everybody elses. Hae Soo has been in far more danger than YH lately but she always puts others first.   Where as YH was willing to let Eun die to save herself from becoming a hostage. That's cold! Especially since Eun could barely hurt a fly.

BUT I LOVED what you you had to say about love and survival. I think there's a big philosophical debate to be had there. YH seems to prioritize survival more than love while HS is the opposite. And yes maybe HS won't survive this journey but isn't it still better to be kind, to be loved, and to be happy and live a short life, than to be selfish, mean, and live a long unhappy one? The depth of life is more important then the breadth of it. YH may live longer but she'll never be satisfied or content. She'll come to realize that later.

 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

 

Yeah that's what I believe as well, I read the summary of the Chinese version from Wikipedia and I was afraid they might add this in the k-version, as much as I'm excited for next week's OTP moments, part of me is not. 

I also think they will include it. Remember, Lady Oh had the same fate with King Taejo. This time, I guess it will be YH's order to give the medicine to HS.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some thoughts;

-Since all her visions are coming true, Hae Soo's vision of WS as Gwangjong turning and looking at her coldly in the courtyard will also happen. I am so not ready. :cold_sweat:

-Today's episode was ..... Again, too rushed and disjointed. I'm sorry, I skipped Eun and Sd's "having fun by the pool before we die" parts. I could never have grown to like them as characters. We haven't even seen them for so long (for good) that, the lovey dovey felt so out of place. Aren't they on the run? Are they not aware that all of Eun's relatives are being executed? Why are they making ships and having fun? What are they doing? Duh! I'm so dumbfounded by their plot line. :blink: 

-Did Hs doubt Ws or not? I'm not 100% sure, because when Sd asked her why she didn't trust the 4th even though Hae Soo has a "special relationship" with him, it seemed as if Hae Soo was shaken and that cleared her head a bit (hence she goes to see Jm). Does that mean she was wavering before? But then maybe it's not because she believes WS will "cruelly" murder his brother, but will be pressured into it, since she saw earlier how he had to bend his knee before Yoo and sacrifice his honor, and leave Wang Mu lying on the ground (as in fail to fulfill his legacy) only to save and protect her. Hae Soo doesn't want Eun to die, she also doesn't want Wang So to be the one to be forced to kill him, knowing that will really be the thing to do him in. To all this, add her own sense of guilt and helplessness. Hae Soo was caught between a rock and a hard place. If she only had mixed feelings in this state (because who wouldn't), I'm cool.

-Hae Soo keeping her cool resting b. face in front of Yeon-hwa was perfect. Girl didn't even bat an eyelash. Bravo. That's how you survive in the palace. Don't show your emotions, don't look weak. Wang So needs to learn some of that, but then I love his puppy eyes. Please don't lose your character Wang So!

-LJG is burning my screen with his tan. RAWR. Why so beautiful? How can this guy be? Could he please procreate so that we'll have more Lee Joon-gis? Pretty please? Can I get his first born? *turns into a crazy witch

-Kang Ha Neul cries so damn well. Looks so good in black also. Dayum. He's definitely on my radar from this day on. I can't believe I've never seen him in any other drama before. Where was I? Lol.

-Ji Mong & Wang Mu bromance...... :bawling:

-Flaws and all, I still love the drama.

  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

Totally unsure if this was posted before: 

Irresponsible speculation time (from 韩版步步_惊心)

Some C-fans reckon the mask kiss is dreamt up by HS as she passes onto the next dimension / time travels back to the year 2016.

(This I doubt, since she seems to want to leave like Lady Oh, and even RX from C-BBJX and forget everything from this world)


Also they think the ring on HS's finger and the robe seems to suggest the mask kiss takes place after WS ascends the throne
(But it seems like her sleeve?)

 

LOL WHAT. Omg, I both hate and love this idea. I'm imagining them meeting in the middle, but then HS having to walk past WS as she moves on to 2016... nooo, I'm so sad. Again! xD

I think that's her sleeve too but with the picture so grainy, it could go either way. I think this mask kiss, if not a dream lol, is definitely during WS's reign. (Just because there's like no time for them to go to a festival during WY's.) It could also explain the masks, especially for WS since he wouldn't want to be recognized if on a date with HS.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

**THIS IS A YEON Hwa LOVE POST/don’t hate me**

I gotta say, I really feel Yeon Hwa with this. I love her saying “Why does everyone on that seat threatens me with marriage. You must believe there is no better way to control a woman than marriage.” Daaaamnnn women be hearing this for thousands of years. Even today! 

Also this: “Feelings and marriage are just silly games to you when they are life to death for me.” BLAM the nail right on the head! This is the huge divide between HS and YH, YH knows how important these things are because as a woman in that time they are all the weapons we have to work with. So for YH, inciting feelings isn’t about making a connection, but merely a point of survival. Buying into the theory about HS as the unification goddess of Korea, this would never work for HS. HS is about love and unity, not about survival. I love HS/YH as foils against each other too. Because HS stands for love and YH stands for survival and we already known that one survives and one dies. So it’s like we have to decide between choosing love or death. Because Hae Su choose who she loves, she doesn’t get to live. Because YH chooses survival, she doesn’t get who she loves. Phew. Heavy richard simmons there, Moonlovers! (If you’re a GOT fan, this is the Rob Stark dilemma and why the Red Wedding happened) 

I think it was also smart of the show to really clearly define why Wang So fell in love with Hae Su and not YH as defined by their primary traits: Love Vs. Survival. Wang So feel in love with Hae Su and NOT Yeon Hwa first because Yeon Hwa was too concerned about her position to declare herself for Wang So. If she HAD done so, I think the story would have been a little different because YH and WS actually have some history too. So even though YH was first in loving Wang So, because she did not declare herself for him, he fell in love with Hae Su. Timing is everything when it comes to love. Had YH show WS’s the openess and affection that Hae Su naturally seems to have, I think WS/YH would have been a solid thing. (side note: YH’s smokey eyeliner is WERQ FIERCE COVERGIRL)

EW at Wang Yo hasn’t forgiven Yeon Hwa for siding with Wook EVEN THO he’s working with Wook, another double standard for women.

Hae Su doesn’t think about her own survival as much as she thinks about everyone else’s (most likely because she’s not tethered to this time). I understand how much easier it is to root for a character like YH and be frustrated with Hae Su.

 

If YH's main goal was to survive, she would have settled for marrying Yo from the beginning. If she married Yo, she would be safe if he becomes emperor. Other than Won or Wook, none of the other princes would have killed her or sent her off as a hostage if they had became king and she would be less likely to be sent as hostage bride if she was already married.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krysyuy said:

 

LOL WHAT. Omg, I both hate and love this idea. I'm imagining them meeting in the middle, but then HS having to walk past WS as she moves on to 2016... nooo, I'm so sad. Again! xD

I think that's her sleeve too but with the picture so grainy, it could go either way. I think this mask kiss, if not a dream lol, is definitely during WS's reign. (Just because there's like no time for them to go to a festival during WY's.) It could also explain the masks, especially for WS since he wouldn't want to be recognized if on a date with HS.

I genuinely don't know how I feel about that ending at all! Some buy into it and think that this could possibly be the nicer version than killing her off. They think it might be the moment she takes down the mask and she just moves on without each other.

Spoiler


Since C-BBJX RX was cremated and WS doesn't get to see her one last time at all, not even her deceased body. Just a pot of ashes in the arms of WJ Chinese equivalent. EEEK. 

 

 

I'm torn, I want more, but I don't want MLSHR to end WAAAHHH 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread moving so fast, have many many pages to back read but I am happy to see despite some of the disappointment on the development of the plot or characters, this drama is still very much loved by the fans or even the love growing stronger. I too  kinda frustrated with HS and Eun and SD for not having or thinking better for the escape plan or trusting WS . But some of the explanation in this forum helps to look at different perspectives. Tq for that all chingus.

Looking at the preview on ep 16 and based on the eng translation, of course totally expecting the lovey dovey moment HS-WS but what really interest me is that WS motivation for the throne has change from HS to the need for himself, wanting to break free from being the 'dog' of the king and I would like to see what type of king would he be.  how would the writer develop him as a king....not sure how much development each character in the drama we will see as there are only 5 ep left...

Nevertheless, lets continue to support and love SHR......

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thenagain said:

 

Someone had to love her...might as well be you.

hahah! I knew this would make me unpopular, but I always root for the female antagonist when they're given very clear reasons for their actions. In YH's case she's back into a corner trying to make do with what she has. YH doesn't see people as "innocent or harmless" as inherent value to be protected; and indeed this Goryeo world doesn't either. Who is more important to YH, herself or Eun? And that question is easily answered for her. 

And since I'm a cynic, I take a different view of viewing wether happiness is more important than living. I believe living is more important, you gotta be alive to feel the things that you feel. If you're dead, it doesn't matter. 

5 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

 

If YH's main goal was to survive, she would have settled for marrying Yo from the beginning. If she married Yo, she would be safe if he becomes emperor. Other than Won or Wook, none of the other princes would have killed her or sent her off as a hostage if they had became king and she would be less likely to be sent as hostage bride if she was already married.

Oh good, point. What was her reason for not marrying Yo? Just that he was gross or was a deeper history there?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like after every episode I'm just like Wang Wook ain't s**t and then another episode goes by and he does something that seems like he is the lowest of the low. It's like he just confirms my opinion of him as being the worst person on this show over and over again. How can you claim to love someone and then put them in the situation that Wook put HS in by directing Yo to use her to kill the CP? And then to act as though he cares by telling her how traumatic that must have been for her, like really dude please go play in heavy traffic or a fast moving stream or something because there is nothing redeemable about him at this point. Claiming that he's doing all of this for HS and his family when he's doing it for himself is so frustrating, man up and admit that you want the throne for you and stop pretending that all of the bulls**t that he is doing is for some other reason. As much as I hate Wook KHN is doing a fabulous job playing the character which is probably why I hate him so much. 

It's really interesting that it seems as though the history that JM knows and the history that HS knows are different. In JM's history Yo was never supposed to be king which means that Gwangjong was actually the 3rd king. Has Go Ha Jin's mere presence as HS already changed the future? Was it WS who changed the future by not making sure that Yo was well and truly dead? Was it Wook/Won/CR/YW who changed history with the poisoning of the the CP? It would have been interesting to see how the future that JM knows about played out, what would the conflict have been then? How long would the CP have survived what kind of ruler would he have been without the mercury poisoning? I hate when shows do this because then I'm always like no I want to learn more about that time too. 

I actually felt sorry for YH, I'm not going to pretend that I was always team YH, hell I'm not even team YH now but I understand her better. I still think that she's greedy and a snake not to be trusted but YH much like HS and WS is just trying to survive and using what she knows to do it. She has absolutely no autonomy as a woman in Goreyo, she is dependent on Wook for protection and shelter, she can do nothing on her own, Yo or Wook or whoever holds power over her can choose to marry her or marry her off at the drop of a hat. Her life is in a precarious position and the only way she knows to survive is by backstabbing and betrayal. NGL though I laughed when she tried to offer a deal (Wook) to HS to get her to leave WS and HS was like Nah. Even though it made me laugh it also made me sad for her, YH was clearly adored by the king and had lots of people in her life who cared about her but she's had such a narrow focus on power/the throne that she sees no value in emotion it also contrasts with WS's position where he had no one in his corner growing up but he sees human emotion not as a failing but as something important and necessary. Everything YH does is to protect herself and that includes betraying Eun and his wife at this rate she's gonna end up lonely just like her brother Wook.

Ah, the OTP in conflict again, in HS's defense she saw how "killing" Yo affected WS so her trying to keep WS out of the situation with Eun makes sense. Yes it seemed as though she didn't trust him but she has seen (via premonition) what will happen to Eun, as her visions with Taejo and Mu both dying were true, trying to spare both Eun from dying and WS from taking his life was her trying to protect/fix everything. At some point hopefully in the next episode she will realize that her trying to protect/save everyone is doing more harm than good. The next episode is going to be hard on her not only will she have to watch friends die but she will have to watch the man that she loves kill his brother knowing how much that will tear him apart and he will have to do it to protect her. Both HS and WS are in untenable positions, she is in the position of knowing what will happen and no matter how hard she tries what's to be will be and he's in the position of doing things that he doesn't want to to protect the people he loves. It's going to be interesting watching them navigate the fight for the throne and their relationship. 

HS an Yo's conversation was so good. I laughed when she told him that if she was tortured she would just say that she poisoned Moo his orders. That was such a good moment I hope that she doesn't lose that again because one of my favorite things about her is her assertiveness and her not taking any crap regardless of who the person is. Even Yo was impressed. 

Back to YH and HS for a moment what indecent behavior has WS and HS been carrying on with that YH is talking about? Why aren't we seeing this indecent behavior SBS? 

The editor did one thing right, not putting Eun getting killed in today's episode, I swear my heart was in my throat the entire episode because I thought that, that was how it was going to end.

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

hahah! I knew this would make me unpopular, but I always root for the female antagonist when they're given very clear reasons for their actions. In YH's case she's back into a corner trying to make do with what she has. YH doesn't see people as "innocent or harmless" as inherent value to be protected; and indeed this Goryeo world doesn't either. Who is more important to YH, herself or Eun? And that question is easily answered for her. 

And since I'm a cynic, I take a different view of viewing wether happiness is more important than living. I believe living is more important, you gotta be alive to feel the things that you feel. If you're dead, it doesn't matter. 

I would have appreciated YH more if she was only pragmatic and not cruel to people without reason. It would have been great if she and HS were friends at the beginning and it was her desire to become queen that broke their friendship instead of her being mean without reason to HS, Myung Hee, and people with lower standing than her.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like YH, she is worst than Queen Yo. At least Queen Yo does not hide the fact she's evil but YH acts to be innocent but does all sorts of dirty and evil things from behind.  I know is sad to be controlled by marriage but she's making others die to gain what she wants.  And So is going to marry her ..... even LJK will say 'Jesus Christ'.  Just wonder if the historical YH is that evil? 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..