[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

If WS couldn't get HS out of the palace, why would he be successful in getting Eun and his wife out? And not sure why Eun's wife didn't try harder to contact her father instead of trying to escape the palace on her own. If she has enough freedom to check that all of the gates are closely guarded, she should be able to find her father or one of her father's soldiers. Or, why did Eun and his wife sneak into the palace instead running away immediately?

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader in this forum and I really like all the analysis here...

The next week preview is somewhat intrigue me since a lot of eclipses here post the picture from LJG's insta ^^ and comparing it with the preview.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I don't think the scar in WS' body will be due to the arrow that aimed for HS (if, WY really shoot HS, that is) since in the episode 2 (when WS was taking the ritual bath), the drama has shown that his body was full of scars.

On a side note, I really invest a lot of time for this drama. I never try to read a recap nor join in a forum for the sake of drama but now here I am, lurking in Soompi just to read others' analysis and perspectives for this drama as a whole ^^

Nice to meet you all Eclipses \^o^/

Welcome to the thread! Feel free to share your thoughts. You may be right, maybe Lee Joon Gi showing the preview to promote the drama and for fan-service lol. Ikr, what this drama does to us? 

I just love this drama, all the emotions that riled up against this drama is interesting. Lol, you don't know what to expect. And we only have 5 episodes left. Just 5 episodes. Let's enjoy this drama while we have it. How I wish we have longer episodes. 

P.S I am wondering how they are going to squeeze 5 episodes with many things to happen. 

• Like 7

I saw some of episode 15 and "heavy is the head that wears the crown" is an understatement.

I will just get right to it.  Hae Soo needs to learn that her feelings constantly betray her. When in times of peril, you have to be smart, use your head, because your heart may make you make the wrong decisions. I don't know what grade she received in history, but clearly she has some of her facts wrong. But more importantly, it shows that sometimes what is written in history isn't what has actually happened. At this point, she should realize that, and more importantly, she should understand that her place there may have altered some things.

But back to the episode, how telling was it that when she found out that the King was looking for Eun and his wife after killing his entire family, that she automatically assumed 4th Prince would kill him. And how ironic was it that as she served tea to the King, here comes her "innocent" 8th Prince coming to meet the King in private and here he was the mastermind behind the entire coup, and couldn't even look her in the face when she inquired about who could have killed King Moo. 4th Prince, time and time again has shown her that he is a compassionate man, a loyal man, and that he unconditionally loves her. Meanwhile, 8th prince, time and time again, has disappointed her, lied to her, betrayed her and has shown her he loves his family and their status more than her.

I don't know how Hae Soo can come back to the present, but clearly her fate is somehow tied to the 4th Prince, not the 8th prince. She needs to receive that, accept it, and act accordingly. What has me perplexed is how no one else has noticed what So has. Why has the king left 8th prince and his family alone? After all, he betrayed him in front of everyone. What is particularly cruel is the whole plot to go after Eun and his family was definitely thought up by 8th prince. Even when they were all together, 3rd prince had no qualms with Eun, but like So said, it was a clever move to move aside such a powerful family, and the king would not have thought of that. The only reason he hasn't gone after 8th Prince is because he is so smart. We'll see how long that lasts.

I would also like to point out, I have really enjoyed the maturation of Eun and Soen Dook. They have become a really great couple, really cute and genuine. I know people complained about him in earlier episodes, but I have enjoyed his character. He balanced the drama out. This has been a fantastic seguk thus far. I haven't enjoyed one this much since Faith. FIGHTING GORYEO CHINGUS!!!

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

If WS couldn't get HS out of the palace, why would he be successful in getting Eun and his wife out? And not sure why Eun's wife didn't try harder to contact her father instead of trying to escape the palace on her own. If she has enough freedom to check that all of the gates are closely guarded, she should be able to find her father or one of her father's soldiers. Or, why did Eun and his wife sneak into the palace instead running away immediately?

*insert the Thank you gif here*

This is exactly what I am wondering!

• Like 5

Wang So "the cruel things princes do toward each other I will end them in my own hands" 

Wang Yo to Wang So while threatening him with Hae Soo again "just a few death of maidens and you're stopping the progress again?!!" 

And Jung still thinks Wang So is the bad guy ?! 

Jung "I will kill him" at 1st I thought he either meant Wang So or Wang Yo but I think he was actually referring to Wang Eun since he ask to be killed or sent to his wife & so Jung wanted to give him a merciful death but of course Wang So will be the 1 to do it eventually, he won't let Jung go through the pain of killing his own brother 

I'm curious why Wang Yo want to kill Hae Soo when he can use her to control Wang So? Is it because of Jung? Maybe Jung want the throne too to protect Hae Soo, Wang Yo who can't kill Jung because of his mother decides to just get rid of the reason behind Jung's ambition, or maybe because Hae Soo knows too much 

• Like 15

finally watched the episode with subs. First of all i hated the defeated look on So face.god i just wanted to smack 3rd prince.Loved the flashback scene.showed jm and mu friendship. Hs putting her hand on ws to control was nice touch. I really hated the execution of Wang Gyu family.and again my belief Queen yoo is a saddistic psycho was affirmed. But i do think that now yo is trying to dispell his mother influence on him as evident by his dialog about her taking rest. One thing is for sure about queen yoo-she knows "don't push So, otherwise things will go real bad."

WW- idk what to do with you. First of all i loath that u told yo out about hs being achilles heal to SO. i am never going to forgive you for what u did in name of love. but i must applaud KHN for acting out WW.He showed the repressed feelings of being suffocated so well that for a moment i felt for him.

YH-i understand all her motivations,greed etc. etc. still i dislike her. But one thing is sure from today episode she hates HS because HS stands for what she believes right and is extremely jealous of "what she could have been".

BA-WS scene: was short and nice.

Eun-SD didnt completely watch them.kinda fast forwarded. but felt sympathetic towards them. I know i am going to hate them die. i liked SD.

Now todays major point of hot debate:"Hs doesn't trust WS"

after watching international version, my take is no she didn't trust him regarding eun life. Yes she trusts him with herself, but she didn't trust him with Eun life because her premonitions told her so. I liked when SD confronted her about "shouldn't she trust So, as she knows he never goes to kill without reason". Then i think she realized she might be wrong about in being cautious about entrusting eun to So.She accepted she didn't have firsthand experience and she was relying too much on her premonition. I do sometime hate that she trusts other people so easily, just based on face value while she has double standard when it comes to WS(which again is totally because f her premonitions). like she trusted Jung and involved him in escape plan but..... I can go on and on. She still has not been able to come to terms with her future knowledge of Gwangjung. I understand her dilemma. she loves and like WS from her heart but her mind says no.I am waiting how next episode is going to play out in solving her dilemma.

I do think her pang of distrust will cause major ruckus in future in regard to her relationship with WS. Imagine if WS ever comes to know about this that the person who he trusted most in world has major trust issues with him. I do hope it doesn't play that way. i am ready for all sad and tragic journey with slow trust building if i do get a satisfying end for both of them. otherwise all this angst will be fruitless.

Preview: unable to decipher Jung's reaction from preview. i still think he will hate WS. WS might distance himself from Soo(might use excuse of Soo hiding 10th prince) to plot for revenge or taking over, as dialog of Won and Hs shows. Yo is going psycho full mode.Queen yoo is getting taste of her own medicine.

sorry for long essay

finally watched the episode with subs. First of all i hated the defeated look on So face.god i just wanted to smack 3rd prince.Loved the flashback scene.showed jm and mu friendship. Hs putting her hand on ws to control was nice touch. I really hated the execution of Wang Gyu family.and again my belief Queen yoo is a saddistic psycho was affirmed. But i do think that now yo is trying to dispell his mother influence on him as evident by his dialog about her taking rest. One thing is for sure about queen yoo-she knows "don't push So, otherwise things will go real bad."

WW- idk what to do with you. First of all i loath that u told yo out about hs being achilles heal to SO. i am never going to forgive you for what u did in name of love. but i must applaud KHN for acting out WW.He showed the repressed feelings of being suffocated so well that for a moment i felt for him.

YH-i understand all her motivations,greed etc. etc. still i dislike her. But one thing is sure from today episode she hates HS because HS stands for what she believes right and is extremely jealous of "what she could have been".

BA-WS scene: was short and nice.

Eun-SD didnt completely watch them.kinda fast forwarded. but felt sympathetic towards them. I know i am going to hate them die. i liked SD.

Now todays major point of hot debate:"Hs doesn't trust WS"

after watching international version, my take is no she didn't trust him regarding eun life. Yes she trusts him with herself, but she didn't trust him with Eun life because her premonitions told her so. I liked when SD confronted her about "shouldn't she trust So, as she knows he never goes to kill without reason". Then i think she realized she might be wrong about in being cautious about entrusting eun to So.She accepted she didn't have firsthand experience and she was relying too much on her premonition. I do sometime hate that she trusts other people so easily, just based on face value while she has double standard when it comes to WS(which again is totally because f her premonitions). like she trusted Jung and involved him in escape plan but..... I can go on and on. She still has not been able to come to terms with her future knowledge of Gwangjung. I understand her dilemma. she loves and like WS from her heart but her mind says no.I am waiting how next episode is going to play out in solving her dilemma.

I do think her pang of distrust will cause major ruckus in future in regard to her relationship with WS. Imagine if WS ever comes to know about this that the person who he trusted most in world has major trust issues with him. I do hope it doesn't play that way. i am ready for all sad and tragic journey with slow trust building if i do get a satisfying end for both of them. otherwise all this angst will be fruitless.

Preview: unable to decipher Jung's reaction from preview. i still think he will hate WS. WS might distance himself from Soo(might use excuse of Soo hiding 10th prince) to plot for revenge or taking over, as dialog of Won and Hs shows. Yo is going psycho full mode.Queen yoo is getting taste of her own medicine.

sorry for long essay

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

WS can't take HS out of the palace because then WY will spread the news that she's the one who poisoned the king and there will be nowhere for her to hide. HS would be hunted down. WS has plenty of opportunities to run away with her if he wanted (he knows the guard schedules, etc etc) - but it's that threat of labeling HS as a traitor that keeps him from doing so.

However, WE and SD have already been labeled as traitors - there are no other options for them except to run. WS could've gotten them out with the help of the 13th and 14th princes.

As for SD not trying to find her father - good question. lol I'm going to assume his movements are harder to track since he's a general with duties all over the place. She could, in theory, have found one of her father's soldiers, but it doesn't mean she can trust them? idk idk. ^^;; Anyways, WE and SD needed sanctuary right away so they fled to Damiwon to figure out what to do. It's one thing to run away in the night with nowhere to go, but another to go to a place you know is safe (for now) where you can stop and think about what to do next.

Edited by krysyuy
  • Like 14

chingus 2 things really bother me... first, I just cant get my head around the idea that YH will be marrying WS... she is so vicious that even though its history and we are expecting it, my dislike for her is huge... if only the queen , her character were to be  more humble and likely,even just little more  righteous ,  like her mom( i don't consider  her a bad woman, i think she doesn't know of YH deeds, at least not the whole truth),...then i would have like her...and pity her ...and understand that even though she cannot have WS heart, she is not a bad woman that doesn't deserve him ...but what do we get...she  does all these evil acts and she gets rewarded as the mother of his children and future wife...i know he will probably not love her but still....the only positive thing about this relationship, is that i would love to see QY face when YH is  the current queen calling all the shots...just for a  brief second this relationship can be amusing...and  WS total disregard for his mother...I bet that would be a priceless scene...that is if we go that way....also the fact that  there is a probability of him not knowing how horrible and selfish she can be...bothers me...the second  one  is  the mother teresa complex..if i rewatch  ep 1 ...i would say that  she hasn't learned her lesson yet ...if i don't change..then the people i like never will... no HS this is technically your second life after coming back from the dead..what's gonna take for you to show us a fierce side of you?...maybe having a vision of WS dying or in trouble  will inspire other instincts in her...he did say that even people who look invincible die one day... I'm not judging her on whether she did the right or wrong thing ...its just that i don't like  it when characters are one-dimensional or too idealistic because that takes away their humanity ...at least for me...i'm not being very well verse right now ...but that just is ..  how can anyone get hit by horrible events 1 after the other and come out unscarred...and still think this way...she says she knows her place and is tries to mirror lady's oh behavior..without really following it...she still gets involve more than she should with all the other princes... (like be little more distant from WJ ,he is following for u and that is going to cause problems)and if you are going to be doubtful   then at least doubt everyone ( CR)   can anyone really be so selfless...unless you are on a god given life of service like mother teresa and all other saints ;and as far as i know HS is no saint( she was a cosmetological adviser and  such)  and is not pursuing a life of such given path... I hope that in this drama she actually makes a choice ...because that will bring her closer to the mundane and far from the ideal...ideals are good at heart but at practice what counts is how we prioritize and became less perfect.. because as far as i know humans are not perfect,   ,not in the way god or your deity is thought to be (whether you are religious or not, that is beside the point)i guess what i'm trying to point out is that for a lot of us HS has to learn  how to value the present with acceptance and prioritize and be a little selfish for us to root for her ideals the same way he root for WS ideals. even WW i don't share his path but he does have a lot of psychological  nuances and i do pity him in a way..

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

WS can't take HS out of the palace because then WY will spread the news that she's the one who poisoned the king and there will be nowhere for her to hide. HS would be hunted down. WS has plenty of opportunities to run away with her if he wanted (he knows the guard schedules, etc etc) - but it's that threat of labeling HS as a traitor that keeps him from doing so.

However, WE and SD have already been labeled as traitors - there are no other options for them except to run. WS could've gotten them out with the help of the 13th and 14th princes.

As for SD not trying to find her father - good question. lol I'm going to assume his movements are harder to track since he's a general with duties all over the place. She could, in theory, have found one of her father's soldiers, but it doesn't mean she can trust them? idk idk. ^^;; Anyways, WE and SD needed sanctuary right away so they fled to Damiwon to figure out what to do. It's one thing to run away in the night with nowhere to go, but another to find a place you know is safe (for now) where you can stop and think about what to do next.

Thanks! I forgot about Yo's threat. Is there any reason why they couldn't flee Goreyo by going to another country? And WS has experience going to other countries during last 3 years. Even if Yo offers a bounty on HS, there's a limit to his reach. And since SD's father has control of the army, I don't think soldiers will try very hard to find WS and HS.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

You r right...he maybe couldn't help...but she was still wrong not to tell him

Back to Eun and his wife...it is sad they didn't try anything you sad to help themselfs but even more sad they left tracks all over the place they supose to be hiding...what a joke...no matter how cute they looked...BTW he could kiss her back ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krysyuy said:

Hi all - I'm a newbie who's been lurking for a bit, but I finally had to join because this drama has taken over my life, lol.

Anyways, not sure if this was discussed already - regarding Wook's scene when he repeats Soo's warning to him and then tells Yeon Hwa combined with Yeon Hwa's warning to Soo later on at Damiwon... (Spoiler cut just to be safe.)

Hide contents

Does anyone else think that Yeon Hwa will be the one to tell Soo that it was her warning about So that set off Wook? I'm basing this off reading the cdrama wiki section, lol. I'm sure Yeon Hwa will have perfect timing and this will happen after Soo's miscarriage, setting off the similar events from the cdrama.

Also, I cannot with Jung. I will not be surprised in the slightest if his "I will kill him" line in the preview is in regards to So despite Yo being the one with the bow and arrows. I'm really anxious about how the Eun dying scene will play out, ugh.

i too think yh will tell So about soo warning to wook regarding him. This will act as last straw to WS. He won't be able to believe that one person he thought was on his side was the one who led to WW-Ws rivalry. Having said that i really hope So-Soo couple to resolve their grudges afterwords rather than lonely Soo dying. i really wish if Soo dies please let WS be by her side. Please dramagods.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Thanks! I forgot about Yo's threat. Is there any reason why they couldn't flee Goreyo by going to another country? And WS has experience going to other countries during last 3 years. Even if Yo offers a bounty on HS, there's a limit to his reach. And since SD's father has control of the army, I don't think soldiers will try very hard to find WS and HS.

It was not just about HS.It was about JM as well as BA(and their households). if it was just HS i doubt ws would have stayed either way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yuhotarubi said:

I have a question for those of. Yu who watched the Chinese version, does RX reveal the secret that she comes from the futur to any of the princes? Or did she die without anyone knowing she's from the futur ?

Spoiler

Yes, she tells 4th prince and 13th prince. I'm forgot if the 13th prince believed her, 4th prince definitely did. It was in the last few episodes.

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

Hi all,

I've been a silent reader in this forum and I really like all the analysis here...

The next week preview is somewhat intrigue me since a lot of eclipses here post the picture from LJG's insta ^^ and comparing it with the preview.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I don't think the scar in WS' body will be due to the arrow that aimed for HS (if, WY really shoot HS, that is) since in the episode 2 (when WS was taking the ritual bath), the drama has shown that his body was full of scars.

On a side note, I really invest a lot of time for this drama. I never try to read a recap nor join in a forum for the sake of drama but now here I am, lurking in Soompi just to read others' analysis and perspectives for this drama as a whole ^^

Nice to meet you all Eclipses \^o^/

Another victim ....

... welcome welcome *dragging cancergirl87 along*

Take a cookie .... oh wait, no ... I ate them all ... hahahaha

• Like 16