[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I have 3 people in mind who kill Yo. 

1. His own mother, cuz he threatened in killing Jung. He is afraid of losing the throne. She desperately wanted Yo to ascend the throne, but she cares for Jung as well. I don't think that she will stand on the sidelines and watch Jung be hunted down by Yo.

2. Yeon-Hwa, because she is being used as a hostage bride. Her anger will lead to desperate measures. She wants to become an empress no matter what, thus she will do something to save herself. 

3. Wook, well...should I say more. He always has something up his dirty sleeves.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Been busy lately so I didn't have the time to post. But I just saw your comment and you pretty much typed out what I thought. I read here that a lot of Eclipses doubt Hae Soo's trust in Wang So. However, I don't quite agree.

Of course for us bystanders it looks as if she just had to trust him and everything would have turned out well. But the fact is, Hae Soo is living in a completely different reality than all of us - including the other characters of the show (with JM as an exception). I actually think Hae Soo believes WS only means well, whatever happens. (Her view on him completely changed with time.) Hence she does trust him (and the preview even shows that indirectly by displaying and intimate scene between the two of them.) But that does not change the fact that she also very much believes that her third vision will - just like the others - come true. She is deeply affected by the knowledge she has and up until now she still doesn't know how to react to it. She loves most of the princes in her own way. She wants to protect them from harm. Sometimes she wonders if this is actually her fate - to save them from a cruel and disheartening destiny. She tries and tries to change their fate but in the end the outcome still remains the same. It's the most terrible thing to watch for her. Should she simply not do anything to change history like JM suggested? Perhaps. I'm wondering though... if I was to wear her shoes... could I just sit back and watch, without even trying to protect the ones I love? To be honest, I am not confident I could. This probably makes me just as dumb as Hae Soo...

What we have to realize is that Hae Soo loves WS. She was there to console him after he apparently (not) killed WY. She understands more than anyone else how much WS would suffer if he was to accidentally/unwillingly really kill one of his nice brothers. She certainly doesn't want that for him. Hence she feels torn. Hae Soo believes her vision will become true and to be frank she has no reason not to after all that's happened so far. However, she also wants to save Eun and protect WS's heart. She doesn't exactly know what will lead up to her vision. Therefore, in her mind, separating WS and Eun so they won't run into each other might seem foolish to some but in her own despair it's the only thing she can think of to make sure none of them get hurt.

Hae Soo is battling destiny although it's very clear from the start that she has no chance of winning against the odds. Yet, because of her big heart, she simply cannot give up trying (like JM). I pity her the most actually. She knows so much yet can accomplish so little. It doesn't matter how hard she tries, she appears to be bound to fail. Very sad and unfortunate indeed.

I second to that, thanks for writing what I trying to put them in proper word...without getting too emotional...well written, really

She is trying her very best, not to get anyone of them hurt, remember her conversation with Jung last episode in her room, she mentioned she will make sure no one get hurt...

And yes, So heart...how bad So will blame himself killing his brother again...we see it, even after 2 years, at the stargazing scene...he still mention that, his mother would had known then, he is the one who will kill his own brother, he was telling that to Soo, and Soo took that into her heart...we can see how much she love So is the previous episode..and this episode as well, tracing his letter to her, tearing while tracing it, practicing chinese word again and again, using So letter, even till this episode, she is still writing “行到水窮處,坐看雲起時”,cause this is her way, of missing So

• Like 21

3 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Why do we only blame HS for her decisions? We don’t blame WS for being so obvious that he’s willing to do anything for HS, which is why Yoo, Yo, YH, and WW use HS. What happened to the WS who was clever enough to pretend that he didn’t care if the assassin/fallen monk killed HS?

The problem is that Yo knows that Hae Soo is so special for Wang So. He claimed in front of everyone that she was his person. If he didn't realise it, then he heard about it from Won later! Therefore there is no possibility to act as if he was indifferent.

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, ShinRaeMi said:

@sunshinefate it's not only SBS...all the big three stations do that. They give the Daesang to the actor who contributed more in the ratings department. They're year-end awards is not solely based on acting skills. It is more like an appreciation to the actors who brought big bucks to their company. We can only hope for Baeksang, APAN, etc.

Actually baeksang is quite difficult to be conquered to be honest. That's why I hope sbs will do justice to junki. At least they should give him the best actor award for his contribution in making them earn so much money for the simultaneous broadcast in other countries and also the popularity he contributes in making thailand finally also airs the drama. Shouldn't sbs thank him for that?

11 minutes ago, Immortal_Angel said:

lol hey he tolerated her foolishness since the beginning when she rejected him for Wook I'm sure hes able to tolerate her later in the future lol

Wang so is one of the most patient man in goryeo era. Lol. Maybe, he will later wonder what makes him so lacking from wook in haesoo's eyes that she  chose to reject him in the past lol

15 minutes ago, vu_hoa1983 said:

WS (and LJK)  is my sole reason to watch this drama from the start. HS gets on my nerves quite a lot of times already :lol: and I never actually thought she deserved to be loved that much by him. He loves her more and considers her his everything. He can't even live without her. 

Spoiler

Yeah, what can we do if she is the sole reason for him to be happy and enjoy his life that he has not even experienced since he was just an innocent child. Wang So is also my ultimate reason for my love for this drama. Without him, this drama will not be the same for me lol. Sadly his scenes in tonight's episode are not much because they have to show the battle of the throne. But it's okay as long as it's not about the wook-soo love story. Lol oops

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sunshinefate said:

I don't mind with the sad ending as long as they wrap up the misunderstanding neatly. I don't wanna see So misunderstands Soo for her affair with Wook in the past. Just give them justice for the ending :( even the editing of this drama is not really good, I also think that the beautiful character building of wangso and the budding relationship between him and haesoo is beautiful though too long to make them a couple like now

As of now, since I haven't watched Ep. 15 it seems like WS knows HS loves him and him alone. Then again he has only asked the person you love before - is it Jung, he never asked about Wook. Her visions never extended itself to Wook, only Mu, 10 and SD right? Perhaps she did some how spare Wook that caused a misunderstanding there? It seems to be building some kind of arc between WJ and HS, that's for sure. But I don't see Jung trying to provoke WS feelings like C-BBJX 14th did. Jung seems to be more loyal to whoever is on the throne - Be it the late King or Mu. I guess he's still naive as he is quick to jump into roles with responsibility: telling HS he'll protect her too cause he's a man now, or protecting the throne against his mother wishes, neither supporting nor destructing WY usurping the throne. 

Chae-Ryung is definitely going to sell HS out but I just don't know how it's going to go down. I guess I can't blame her for being malicious towards WS. She has no qualms to make HS turn against WS. Since WS was a hostage when she served under WW's household and she was loyal to her mistress, plus Won must have some kind of authority over her head. It's hard to see how CR likes Won since she was so intimidated around him in Ep. 14? She was timid nothing the sort of admiration or fascination a girl with a crush has on him. Or maybe Won threatened Wook's safety? Hmm, I want to know the backstory. 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The problem is that Yo knows that Hae Soo is so special for Wang So. He claimed in front of everyone that she was his person. If he didn't realise it, then he heard about it from Won later! Therefore there is no possibility to act as if he was indifferent.

Do you mean the scene where WS said HS belonged to him in front of the other princes when YH was whipping her? He said that over three years ago. Wouldn't it be believable that he could have lost interest? Since we're comparing HS to Ruoxi, 4th didn't show how much he valued Ruoxi until it was safe after he became emperor.

I don't blame him for being obvious. I just don't get why half of the forum is so one-sided about HS making mistakes when Ws doesn't always make the best decisions either.

• Like 13

Just now, fuyukoneko said:

Why do we only blame HS for her decisions? We don’t blame WS for being so obvious that he’s willing to do anything for HS, which is why Yoo, Yo, YH, and WW use HS. What happened to the WS who was clever enough to pretend that he didn’t care if the assassin/fallen monk killed HS?

WS mind only have HS....

HS mind have everyone else including WS....

this is why they will ultimately clash... because they will hurt each other in process of being together...

i don't know why people keep blaming HS for the obvious reason why she have to do that... (i keep imagining if the writer do HS character exactly like RX.. she will get a ton of hate)... the writer actually tone down HS character arc from RX.. if not we will not see how much WS mean to HS well not until the end.. HS character is more feeling oriented than RX.. she is more human and not perfect.. what she done is what she think the best for all people even if its wrong... 

WS is just pure HS oriented... lol

everything that he done is for her.. in a way everything that he will done will put a bigger weight of burden on HS because she know WS did that for her.. the guilt and the burden will only adding up when WS became a king... yes he sacrifice a lot for HS but in a way he hurt HS the most too... 

my conclusion??

WS and HS have the most selfishness nature in protecting what they love.... its just they are different in their way of thinking.. HS with her logic about not letting anyone hurt and WS with getting the throne for the sake of people that he love.... this is why they fall in love and sadly why they will apart...

• Like 17

14 minutes ago, IAmSoulReader said:

Been busy lately so I didn't have the time to post. But I just saw your comment and you pretty much typed out what I thought. I read here that a lot of Eclipses doubt Hae Soo's trust in Wang So. However, I don't quite agree.

Of course for us bystanders it looks as if she just had to trust him and everything would have turned out well. But the fact is, Hae Soo is living in a completely different reality than all of us - including the other characters of the show (with JM as an exception). I actually think Hae Soo believes WS only means well, whatever happens. (Her view on him completely changed with time.) Hence she does trust him (and the preview even shows that indirectly by displaying and intimate scene between the two of them.) But that does not change the fact that she also very much believes that her third vision will - just like the others - come true. She is deeply affected by the knowledge she has and up until now she still doesn't know how to react to it. She loves most of the princes in her own way. She wants to protect them from harm. Sometimes she wonders if this is actually her fate - to save them from a cruel and disheartening destiny. She tries and tries to change their fate but in the end the outcome still remains the same. It's the most terrible thing to watch for her. Should she simply not do anything to change history like JM suggested? Perhaps. I'm wondering though... if I was to wear her shoes... could I just sit back and watch, without even trying to protect the ones I love? To be honest, I am not confident I could. This probably makes me just as dumb as Hae Soo...

What we have to realize is that Hae Soo loves WS. She was there to console him after he apparently (not) killed WY. She understands more than anyone else how much WS would suffer if he was to accidentally/unwillingly really kill one of his nice brothers. She certainly doesn't want that for him. Hence she feels torn. Hae Soo believes her vision will become true and to be frank she has no reason not to after all that's happened so far. However, she also wants to save Eun and protect WS's heart. She doesn't exactly know what will lead up to her vision. Therefore, in her mind, separating WS and Eun so they won't run into each other might seem foolish to some but in her own despair it's the only thing she can think of to make sure none of them get hurt. Also she has witnessed herself being a bait to WS's disadvantage. I'm sure she'd hate to be used like that again the most.

My two cents: Hae Soo is battling destiny although it's very clear from the start that she has no chance of winning against the odds. Yet, because of her big heart, she simply cannot give up trying (like JM). I pity her the most actually. She knows so much yet can accomplish so little. It doesn't matter how hard she tries, she appears to be bound to fail. Very sad and unfortunate indeed.

That said I am patiently waiting for the subs to shed some more light into the issue.

4 minutes ago, riuenu said:

I second to that, thanks for writing what I trying to put them in proper word...without getting too emotional...well written, really

She is trying her very best, not to get anyone of them hurt, remember her conversation with Jung last episode in her room, she mentioned she will make sure no one get hurt...

And yes, So heart...how bad So will blame himself killing his brother again...we see it, even after 2 years, at the stargazing scene...he still mention that, his mother would had known then, he is the one who will kill his own brother, he was telling that to Soo, and Soo took that into her heart...we can see how much she love So is the previous episode..and this episode as well, tracing his letter to her, tearing while tracing it, practicing chinese word again and again, using So letter, even till this episode, she is still writing “行到水窮處,坐看雲起時”,cause this is her way, of missing So

I third to that! Totally agree. I just don't understand why people keep on blaming HS for every move she took. She loves Wang So and that's that. The moment I sign up for this drama, I prepared myself for every possibility, be it logically or absurd. This is sageuk, innocence people will die regardless how much I love them because that's how they run their world at that time. The more complicated it is, the more charm it shows. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

As of now, since I haven't watched Ep. 15 it seems like WS knows HS loves him and him alone. Then again he has only asked the person you love before - is it Jung, he never asked about Wook. Her visions never extended itself to Wook, only Mu, 10 and SD right? Perhaps she did some how spare Wook that caused a misunderstanding there? It seems to be building some kind of arc between WJ and HS, that's for sure. But I don't see Jung trying to provoke WS feelings like C-BBJX 14th did. Jung seems to be more loyal to whoever is on the throne - Be it the late King or Mu. I guess he's still naive as he is quick to jump into roles with responsibility: telling HS he'll protect her too cause he's a man now, or protecting the throne against his mother wishes, neither supporting nor destructing WY usurping the throne. 

Chae-Ryung is definitely going to sell HS out but I just don't know how it's going to go down. I guess I can't blame her for being malicious towards WS. She has no qualms to make HS turn against WS. Since WS was a hostage when she served under WW's household and she was loyal to her mistress, plus Won must have some kind of authority over her head. It's hard to see how CR likes Won since she was so intimidated around him in Ep. 14? She was timid nothing the sort of admiration or fascination a girl with a crush has on him. Or maybe Won threatened Wook's safety? Hmm, I want to know the backstory. 

It already happened as she was the one who poisoned Mu on Won's order or on Wang Wook's order. Won revealed this to Yo. CR has already betrayed Hae Soo and this is going to be revealed, when Wang So becomes the next king.

• Like 10

what the writer described WS perfect, so charming, so beloved made me feel tired and annoyed. Everyone love him so much; whenever anyone hurts him, everyone criticizes him/her for doing this, especially the person is HS. It is not fair for other characters. There are many post wishing HS die because she don't trust WS and she don't deserve him. Jesus Christ!!

So hope that HS will die in next ep & WS become a king and live happily forever with 2 his wives & his children. I think this is happy ending for all of u.

(I am wondering why the writer built HS character like that. The writer must have had a feud with female character.)

• Like 7

:confounded: my heart can't take anymore of this. I don't like where this series is heading. I was hoping for a happy ending which seems unlikely right now. LJK said it has a happy ending and a heartwarming message at the end but I just don't have that kind of patience. I'm going to wait for the series to end and then just marathon it. Going back to lurking:expressionless:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Do you mean the scene where WS said HS belonged to him in front of the other princes when YH was whipping her? He said that over three years ago. Wouldn't it be believable that he could have lost interest? Since we're comparing HS to Ruoxi, 4th didn't show how much he valued Ruoxi until it was safe after he became emperor.

I don't blame him for being obvious. I just don't get why half of the forum is so one-sided about HS making mistakes when Ws doesn't always make the best decisions either.

Yes... but then in the episode 7, he used Hae Soo in order to set a trap for Wang So (showing his scar). This scene reveals that yo knows that Hae Soo is important for Wang So. He must have noticed Wang So's smile, when Hae Soo complimented him. Besides, Wang So asked for Hae Soo after the rain ritual so by doing so, it is clear that Wang So is really interested in her. Then again later, he drank the poison and Yo knew about the poisoning and that Hae Soo was the court lady who would be framed. He knew that his brother knew as well. His mother must have told him, even if we didn't see the scene. There were many actions that proved Wang So's love for Hae Soo.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, violet90 said:

WS mind only have HS....

HS mind have everyone else including WS....

this is why they will ultimately clash... because they will hurt each other in process of being together...

i don't know why people keep blaming HS for the obvious reason why she have to do that... (i keep imagining if the writer do HS character exactly like RX.. she will get a ton of hate)... the writer actually tone down HS character arc from RX.. if not we will not see how much WS mean to HS well not until the end.. HS character is more feeling oriented than RX.. she is more human and not perfect.. what she done is what she think the best for all people even if its wrong..

WS is just pure HS oriented... lol

everything that he done is for her.. in a way everything that he will done will put a bigger weight of burden on HS because she know WS did that for her.. the guilt and the burden will only adding up when WS became a king... yes he sacrifice a lot for HS but in a way he hurt HS the most too... 

my conclusion??

WS and HS have the most selfishness nature in protecting what they love.... its just they are different in their way of thinking.. HS with her logic about not letting anyone hurt and WS with getting the throne for the sake of people that he love.... this is why they fall in love and sadly why they will apart...

actually, I love the way the writer tone down HS character, HS is close to my heart..behave more like normal people will behave..

Not saying Rouxi is not normal...actually to some extend she is not, unless she got super memory, or she love history till can remember every single detail in the history book, or time travel make her a history machine...she is way...too smart already...

In BBJX, I never hate Rouxi...and in SHR...never once I hate HS, indeed I love her character....that why I think I should be taking a chill pill as well, from those bashing towards Soo...not in sane mind after watching SHR..hahahahahhahaha

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Actually baeksang is quite difficult to be conquered to be honest. That's why I hope sbs will do justice to junki. At least they should give him the best actor award for his contribution in making them earn so much money for the simultaneous broadcast in other countries and also the popularity he contributes in making thailand finally also airs the drama. Shouldn't sbs thank him for that?

Wang so is one of the most patient man in goryeo era. Lol. Maybe, he will later wonder what makes him so lacking from wook in haesoo's eyes that she  chose to reject him in the past lol

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, what can we do if she is the sole reason for him to be happy and enjoy his life that he has not even experienced since he was just an innocent child. Wang So is also my ultimate reason for my love for this drama. Without him, this drama will not be the same for me lol. Sadly his scenes in tonight's episode are not much because they have to show the battle of the throne. But it's okay as long as it's not about the wook-soo love story. Lol oops

what i heard, SBS more to KHN ... based on SBS response before this drama airing, junki fans called SBS before this drama airing 29 August about something (sorry i can't told the detail what they discuss here)  ... so i think they we give best actor to KHN not LJK

4 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

It already happened as she was the one who poisoned Mu on Won's order or on Wang Wook's order. Won revealed this to Yo. CR has already betrayed Hae Soo and this is going to be revealed, when Wang So becomes the next king.

Oh I understand what you mean, I guess I didn't really see it as a direct betrayal. I saw this as just setting the scene for WY to control WS through HS. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MoOnLoVeRz said:
It’s so obvious how they’re making a parallel between Haesoo - Wangso - Yeonhwa and Taejo -Lady Oh - Queen Yoo.

Many people are complaining because the writers are making Haesoo and Yeonhwa rivals and there’s no need for that because Yeonhwa can just become Wangso’s ally and marry him.. and Haesoo will just be the one whom he truly loves. Now, I do agree that there is absolutely no need for them to hate each other in this drama, but I don’t think the writers are writing Yeonhwa like this to  villainize her. I believe they’re making a parallel between Haesoo, Wangso, Yeonhwa and Taejo, Lady Oh, Queen Yoo. From last episodes we can tell Queen Yoo loved Taejo and she hated Lady Oh because he only loved her. She even caused Lady Oh to lose her child. Before Lady Oh died, she told the queen that she has never won, although she is queen. 

Now, I don’t think Yeonhwa is so evil, not yet at least, but she also has feelings for Wangso. Plus, because Wangso refused her due to him being in love with Haesoo, she ended up in a difficult situation. She is to be married off by Wangyo who doesn’t want her anymore. Her hatred towards Haesoo is justified in this situation. I don’t think she is bad just to be the villain of the drama, she is hurt, scared, afraid of losing everything. Besides that, she is a strong and ambitious woman and the connection Wangso and Haesoo have is hindering her from becoming queen.

I believe the end of Wangso and Haesoo will be very similar to the end of Taejo and Lady Oh. We already know Yeonhwa will become Wangso’s wife, so she will be queen. Haesoo will die, just like Lady Oh did. But Wangso will always love Haesoo and he’ll probably die saying her name.

This is interesting to read but I disagree with it. There are no need for parallels if it will result in the same outcome..

I think someone mentioned this before as well; while all four ladies love King Tae Jo/Wang So in their own way, Wang So and King Taejo prioritize differently.

King Taejo places being King as priority while Wang So places the ones he cares about the most as priority. King Taejo mentioned something like that in order to protect the throne sometimes his loved ones must be killed (Lady Oh's death).

I think also, while YH can be quite cruel and calculative, she also can be quite soft. I think she has shown more vulnerable moments in comparison to Queen Yoo.

----

Soon Deok and Jung are cute. I liked their moments together.

I hope QY is the one who ends WY hahah

• Like 11