[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Yes that's right ... it's not that she doesn't trust So, she is trying to avoid the situation to become real ... she knew well that So will doing anything to keep her safe and alive, including killing others.  Anyway judging from the preview, Soo is still with So ... she will understand So.  They will be kissing again, and from Soo's clothing and the room is like the pic posted by LJK with him showing his bare back ... will it be a bed scene? 

yeah perhaps So got injured with that arrow in the preview? it seems that Yo tried to shot HS.

I really feel bad for WS of all people. I know no one gets an excuse for killing, but WS really has all the reasons to HAVE to do it. If he does have to look at the bigger picture the killing was indeed necessary to save the mass. Looking at the preview i can tell for him to delivery that final slash to Eun was indeed painful and really broke him. I really wanted to hug WS... :cold_sweat: It really made his resolve to no longer become a slave of the King but the King himself.

And with that being said, LJK acting was just amazing, i know he is a good actor. But i feel this character of WS has made him go even further with his acting. He really showed how conflicted in character is. BRILLIANT! :D

I am glad to see base on the preview that HS-WS relationship is still going strong, she is not trying to shun away from him. Though HS is not forgiven be being somewhat dumb at certain points of today's ep. But now we are left with 5 eps, I predict by next week tues Yo will probably be died or close to dying soon. I hope they do show some good scenes of WS being King and how he differs from the Kings before him.

I have to say I feel bad for YH, sure she is evil and she is scheming but at the end of the day she is trapped in a time where her fate is decided by men around her. WW i feel does not get any excuse for being 'evil' sure i admit he may have been forced into the situation by the sister, but what eventually governs his decision making from then on, really was this illusion that he was doing it for one person, when I believe she never wanted it. If i think HS had her way, she would leave the palace and just live a normal life with the one she loves. But WW never could leave, inside he definitely craves the throne and power. He just needed the right push and now he is just going full speed ahead.

Yo is indeed sadistic, and now with power comes paranoia, it looks like maybe even Yo himself is getting poisoned, he looks very similar to how CP looked before he died. Maybe Wook is trying to kill him also.

thank you to all the recappers and everyone on this thread, we are always on FIRE!

• Like 16

Been a silent reader from the beginning but I cant stand it anymore: To me, HS doesn't deserve WS's love. How can she love,trust, and sacrifice for him the way he does for her? Sure, she was the one who said she wasn't afraid of WS and applied make-up for him so basically she helped him overcome his complex.

But until now, HS is portrayed more as someone who blindly trusted WW.  She has been with WS all this time and still not trust him enough? SD is far more better than her - the 10th prince is SD's everything. WS is better off with someone who treasures him like SD does with her husband. So HS, you may mean well but there are indirect blood you cause because of your lack of trust in WS and your naivety.

• Like 9

Today is Chaos!! Too many people die, too many traitors, too much hates.. Oh Wang Wook, how can u kill ur own brother with ur shades smile on ur face? How could you be so evil? :angry::angry:

Wow, what a drama, how can they cut another life when they used to play together and living a live as brothers for so many years?? If, this is me who traveled back to that time, Im sure i got crazy. Waaa, how can i live such living life?:bawling:

Hae Soo has changed the history, she should listen to King Taejo before, now everything is crash to pieces.. Poor Hae Soo, poor Wang So.. Poor Wang Eun, poor Son Dok :bawling:

What a tragic love story... Feeling worry with baek ah and woo hee will be the next target.. :anguished:

• Like 16

1 hour ago, fizumu said:

I really hate Wang Wook now..

Calling Wang So "a dog"??? 

Huh!!!! U should call your name several times... and what will u hear...WOOK WOOK WOOK... sounds like a dog barking to me...

Who's the dog now huh!!!

Sorry chingus... new here.... now continue lurking :sweatingbullets:

HAHAHAHAHA

Thank you chingu, your post just brighten up my mood after watching today's episode! 

• Like 12

I hated YH from the beginning even if she was nice then. Now i know why. I read her right the first time i saw her. She only cares about herself. She is much worse than Wook. This woman is evil to the core. 

I don't want to think about WE and SD. It's so sad and heartbreaking. 

On the preview, it looks like WY will also lose his mind. I can't wait to see what will be the full reaction of Queen Yoo. 

• Like 12

My heart is in pain.  So is being bullied by his older brother and using Soo as his hostage. It is his ultimate weakness.  I can see Wang So carrying out the most horrifying acts for the person who is his everything.  

There was mention of them already searching in Damiwon and not finding Eun and wife there.  I wonder if he actually asked Haesoo.  They did have that late night conversation where So admitted to searching for Eun adding he is actually helping him to escape.  Only at that time Soo did not trust So enough to tell him the truth.  What happened to the truth pact?  Eun's wife did point out that question for us when she had that conversation with Soo.  If you love that person then you should be able to trust them.

I can't blame Yeon Hwa for narking on Eun's whereabouts.  It is within her character to do so.  Plus it is such a valuable piece of information for her to exchange deals that would be profitable to her.  Wook on the other hand, I see him rationalizing his actions.  He is convinced that So is the only reason that he has lost everything.  That Wangso is the one doing the taking.  KHN was amazing in that scene with his mom and sister.  For a moment it brought me back to the time when I was soft for Wook.

I loved the sharing of flashbacks from the 13th prince and Eun's wife.  Jung now is in play to join in the whole struggle and drama.  He said he was a goner when Soo started singing.  Wasn't that the same time So also consciously realized that he might have feelings for Soo?  

Ohhhh next week's preview......I saw an intimate kiss in confines of four walls. interesting image.gif

• Like 21

Hae Soo's behavior and her thinking that by not saying or doing anything the future will not come true is the real tragic element in this story imho...Most of her visions so far have been a self fulfilling prophecy and she's had a large hand in everything bad coming to pass - Imagine how betrayed Wang So will feel when he finds out that the fact that two brothers have 'died' at his hand, that Wook has this intense hatred/fear of him is because of her - He might just abandon her, and I think that might finish her off and bring her back to the future where she can't cause a ruckus anymore :(

• Like 10

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

It's the calm before the storm. ;) I think @MadraRua is likely on the way home. As soon as she sends out the roll call. The thread will come to life. Hmmm. We might be running out of time though. @MadraRua dear...going to do this for you just in case you're out of pocket.

Episode 15 for me will be harder to watch. Regardless of Taejo's failings, under his rule there still seemed to be some semblance of propriety and hope. So what do we know now before the next episode begins?

Under Yo, So's hands will be bound because of his fear for Soo's safety.

Even though Wook has joined hands again with Yo, he'll need to tread carefully since he's already betrayed his brother once before.

Yo will start to protect his position by taking out any possible opposition, thus Eun's clan will be targeted.

Yo may task So with taking out Eun, but it will be someone else that takes Soon's life and attempts to also take Eun's. So will help him pass so that he can be together with his wife (Based on Soo's vision, it has always been my opinion that Eun is already mortally wounded and So obliges his request to help him pass on so he can join Soon. So would NEVER take the life of his defenseless brother...even for Soo. If it was within his power, he would have found a way.)

Roll call!!!

Eclipses 'Hwaiting' \^o^/

crazy-monkey-emoticon-147.gif

@sooji28 @PrincessMe2515@MoOnLoVeRz  @deabakdrama @wackeemarie @innrukia @junee22@Sarang21@hitomebore08 @dears @tanaqvi @Tata Lata @thenagain @ktcjdrama @feignedreality @FarHanah MiSeu @kilovekyo @Mona Ys @Yongzura  @moonlover399993 @nchoerunnisa @mamamya88 @kiotzo @YeongYi @ilovekorearocks @sutcliff @Joongier @pigsflyy @13701693478 @jerboa83 @hobeverly1212 @yuhotarubi @angelangie @SizzlerZ @chickenchopflipflop @momono7 @fairyalice @rtl @AuroraSky @MyMindIsASnowflake @sarasona @staygold@kriswu @lilac_alex @zi4r @iridescentmoth @AyaA @Ainee Etp  @dramu51ch0c10ve @Lady_Lara @deabakdrama @berny  @dfun @MiharuD @kyar7jizhenll @nearsea @lxands @redfrommars @kriswu @12blbl@MrKobegiant @jetsu @hiluna @churasan @arabela @novemberschopin @Isache @luvkstyle @princess16 @clarissasan @Hapiangle @faeriealice @andy78@Putri Dewi @Chaeul @cosmogirl77 @onemella @Adnana @irilight @Gabi Bros @xiaozhu @ossy91 @chi13lou @pwnkl @itzibitzispider @millie10468 @lostmymusic @TeBe @atsu-chan @valsava @Glamour90 @dash9 @heartforkdrama @Rosemary83 @LoveSG @carmens @tessieroo @minmar @Tang Soon @jetsu @skxz @whyo @MadraRua @sriskaddict @chrissylee @Niki Azia @peny  @kawaiibooty @ilia @Carmarie @juenmyrue @kdramakrazy @ain83 @dhia205 @lisethvr @evok @MAROSA_JIN @mynameiswat@valentvcd @xoxobleach @redlion@Niki Azia @Le_Amarant @mabelialong @aprilslily @cedarwood @patoi @meahri_1  @fathiayunia @outofspace @Yippeuni @sunl0ver @KdramaSwimmer @solelylurking @Lady_Lara @uuugogirl @Akiddo @40somethingahjumma @shiraru @littleloony @rei_smasher11 @louisawatson @soph_t  @arabela @xiao_baiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii @MrKobegiant @Table122000 @pwnkl @redfrommars @lisethvr @chdom @lolalarue @flower4junsu @winterbubbletea @IAmSoulReader @USAFarmgirl @solelylurking @ruizaio @luci13 @Diana Blanche @hazzle @icesnowman @Mau_Cherry @Yeekrfan2 @luna07shiro @atsu-chan @rumasa79 @ilia @sharreb @sunshinefate @thunderman1 @Gitakawaii @ruzikie  @violet90 @UnniSarah @simplyme_crazyme @Bambiina @shairli @akinahana89 @jlover1001 @luci13 @briseis @kuanphing @zagigirl @trizha @LyraYoo @bebebisous33 @snowglobe147 @Tinkiebell @lovedrama11 @ahriev @liddi @blue003 @cmluv @rumasa79 @edensor @here4da0ppas @hanatanada @lily_white @shiqin3381 @Lyna @vangsweetie637 @glacial @fengari @honeyapricot @inner @ElleSor @winwin12 @lavendre @sebnem @esma-div @Chickpea @DJG @aniliaz @brielover @ChyuuNyuu @carmens @dwookie @junejungki@special_bee @smitten1710 @cmoirae2 @penelop3 @riuenu @onemella @mewtwo @freckledbelle @car148 @RoxanaR @Lmangla @Rosemary83 @potatohead @frostfire @Umi_ni_Sora @chelseab @Hanazumi @wordsmyth0253 @bingewatcherinsomniac @mitheone @bim2 @Sue Lee @snowy21 @qwenli @Angiiee @kaoriharang @kuchie09 @Evangeline Yang  @ailee2

It's that time of the week again Eclipses. Is everyone ready for Episode 15? cute-red-crab-emoticon.gif

I thought we won't be having a roll call tonight, @MadraRua use to do it an hour before but thanks to you, I got a notification so I was able to watch the live stream, though I missed the first 4 minutes, (I can't believe I missed the opening!! ggrrh..) when I got on stand by 15 minutes early LOL.

What did I just do? I was so busy voting for that face off battle and visiting this thread back and forth. bigsmile-skype-smiley.gif?1301953191

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, riuenu said:

Gif for that kiss scene, hmmmm and ya, I think Soo is taking care of injured So, after he use his body to block the arrow, and most possible,  bed scene?? 

Hide contents

In BBJX, 4th used his body to block an arrow for Rouxi as well, one of their love item after Rouxi, passed on, this blocking of arrow open Rouxi heart entirely to 4th,this is one of the important scene in BBJX 

In this version, I think the iconic scene for her to really open her heart was the poison scene when So drank the poisoned tea for haesoo. Blocking an arrow? It still lost the to the drinking poisoned tea. OMG that iconic saving scene

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, jetsu said:

Yes that's right ... it's not that she doesn't trust So, she is trying to avoid the situation to become real ... she knew well that So will do anything to keep her safe and alive, including killing others.  Anyway judging from the preview, Soo is still with So ... she will understand So.  They will be kissing again, and from Soo's clothing and the room is like the pic posted by LJK with him showing his bare back ... will it be a bed scene? 

Exactly what I have been thinking... she wants to avoid the premonition to come true.

• Like 20

7 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

I really appreciated the profound writing in this episode, but i would like to know how much of this is original and how much of this was actually from Tong Hua? do share with me if you could!

Hi, I believe another kind soompier has broken down the similarities and differences for you, but since you ask about this episode in particular (ep 14), I'm going to offer my two cents here. Some of the things I post might have been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, so I apologise in advance for such repetition. I'll put my comparisons and contrast between the two versions in the spoiler tag, in case anyone who doesn't wish to be spoiled about the C-version may just skip this post. It's gonna be long, so please bear with me :)

Spoiler

I'm going to list the similar situations side by side, with differences highlighted in green texts so that you can tell how much has been adapted and how much has been changed.

1. In the original, Yutan works right beside Ruoxi as her subordinate. 8th's gang (especially 9th) planted her here as a tea maid to spy on the Emperor. Yutan committed almost every act because she owed 9th immensely emotionally, and wouldn't hesitate sacrificing everything for him, even her friendship with RX.

In ML, CR also works right beside HS as her subordinate. It was however 8th who planted her here to do harm to the King, although 9th also had a hand in the matter. She also willingly does it for 9th, but the reason is not yet fully disclosed to us, although we all have had our speculations as to what it is.

2. In the original, RX lost hope and became desperate upon learning that the Crown Prince wanted to take her as his concubine. 4th, after finding a way to undermine the CP's power and possibly prevent the marriage, sent a letter to RX with the same two lines from a poetry, both to comfort and assure her of a brighter tomorrow and tell her not to lose hope yet as the situation could still be remedied/ reversed. RX, now more in love with 4th even if she wasn't fully aware/ didn't fully acknowledge it, copied his calligraphy as a way to practice writing in traditional Chinese characters, to strengthen herself mentally and to find comfort in his imaginary presence by her side when time got hard.

In ML, WS got entangled in a marriage with his niece to save her, and knowing that HS knew, he sent her the letter with the two lines from a poetry (as above), probably both to describe the desperateness of the situation (reaching the end of the water source) for both of them, and to assure her of a better day (watch the clouds rising). You can see that they've swapped role in the marriage matter, but it's the men who comforted and gave strength to the women all along in both versions. HS also copied WS's calligraphy, touched at the new-found side of him that she had yet to know about, though she might not have fully understood the meaning/ implication of the two quoted lines.

3. In the original, the boat scene was for 4th to reveal about his 'secret meditating place' to RX, which figuratively marks his opening up his world to her. It's also during this scene that RX's growing more aware of the (romantic) tension whenever she's around 4th. The boat scene happened in a lotus pond with budding lotuses not yet in bloom, which signifies their budding romance. Tong Hua, the writer of the original novel, also revealed in one of her interviews that RX & 4th are often depicted in scenery with fauna or blooming, which are rather suggestive of their relationship as opposed to the snowy, cold scenes involving her and 8th which hinted at their unsuccessful love story.

In ML, the boat scene was also for 4th to reveal to HS about his secret place when they have known each other for more than 2 years. Different from the original, the conversation between them on the vast lake (without any fauna in sight) was a 'wake-up call' for WS regarding his habit of always holding himself back, afraid of creating an emotional attachment that may hurt him further than what he had endured. So instead of providing a window into the heroine's true feelings, the boat scene here is more about HS helping him to see through his reluctance to pursue his goals & ambitions through being an outlet for him to literally speak up about his deepest self-doubt & hesitation. I believe the selection of a vast lake without any physical objects on the water but the boat and our protagonists hints at freedom and obstruction-free environment/ opportunity for the most inner dreams, ambitions, doubts and concerns to flow out.

4. In the original, the 14th prince was suspected and almost caught by the Crown Prince when he disobeyed the Emperor's order for him to stay still within the palace and went to Mongolia to secretly meet with 8th prince on one of the Emperor's trip. He sought out RX for help and she hid him by introducing him (now dressed in disguise as a Mongolian man) to the Mongolian princess, whom she had developed a friendship with. RX lied to the princess (MinMin) that 14th was her lover, who couldn't hold back his missing her, had escaped the palace to see her against palace rules and whom the CP mistook for a thief and might kill upon finding him. MinMin agreed to help by hiding 14th in her tent and the danger passed, not knowing he was a prince. However, on another trip to Mongolia, 14th accidentally showed himself in front of MinMin in his royal garb. MinMin, now enraged because her love for 13th wasn't returned and he didn't agree to take her as his wife, let her temper get the best of her and threatened to tell the Emperor about 14th's secret. Knowing this would cause damage to not only 14th but also 8th, RX agreed to accept MinMin's challenge to participate in a horse race against the Mongolian princess. Since RX was a novice at horseriding at best, there was no way she could win against the highly skilled MinMin. In desperation, RX used her hairpin to stab her horse, making it rage forward in pain. RX almost got thrown off the horse as it jumped forward, and it took several men to calm the beast down after it crashed the finish line. 14th was deeply touched by RX's courage and secretly retained the bloodstained hairpin after she told the horsekeeper to just throw it away. He kept it with him as a token of her sacrifice for him, and it was also the breaking point for his feelings toward RX, which from like, friendliness, then anger, finally transformed to quiet but intense love. During the rain scene where RX kneeled in the rain to beg the Emperor for the woman 13th loved (Wulu - equivalent to Woo Hee here in ML) to spend 10 years with him in his house arrest, 14th brought food to her in the rain and asked if she would be willing to do this (kneeling in the rain) if it was for him, to validate his being just equal to 13th in her heart (previously when he demanded to know why RX remained lukewarm and polite to him while her real self (extremely friendly & laidback) when around 13th, she told him that 13th would never demand her of the friendship as he was doing, so he kind of developed an inferiority complex after this & started to act with greater considerations of her feelings/ tread around her more cautiously as if afraid he would trigger coldness and resentment from her). RX replied that whether it were 10th, 13th or him she would do the same and that the feelings were the same too (suggesting that she doesn't consider any one of them a potential love interest).

In ML, 14th was almost caught by WS when he was late for the palace curfew and so sought cover in HS's private room. WS wanted to search her room, but HS, still upset over the news of his marriage, threatened to hurt herself with her hairpin to keep him and the guards at bay. She also passive-aggressively reminded him of her status as a 'unmarried woman' thus low-key venting her anger on him about the marriage. After the guards retreated, she came back into her room, where a waiting WJ noticed the cut on her neck. Touched by the length she would go to protect him, he fell for her deeper and also retained her hairpin without her knowing as a token of her sacrifice for him. The dialogue here is also the reverse to what happened in BBJX. Here, WJ asked if HS would do the same (risk getting hurt to protect) for his other brothers (to find validation that somehow he is considered special to her), to which she said she would (suggesting that she doesn't consider him any more special than his other brothers).

5. In the original, RX asked 14th to return the jade bangle to 8th. 14th deliberately thanked her for the 'present' when seeing 4th approaching, just for him (4th) to hear and possibly misinterpret his & RX's relationship. RX then jumped to explain to 4th that there wasn't anything between them. 4th noted this reaction and commented that he didn't even ask a thing. He assumed by RX's reaction that there was indeed something between them, and went on to say that he couldn't control what 14th thought (suggesting he was aware of 14th's interest in RX). He was fine with them being friendly and giving each other gifts, but he wouldn't want to see another ruckus between them (him yelling and her crying) again, implying that he wouldn't want her to get involved in a romantic relationship with 14th (as before, that's what he probably assumed, especially when she had indicated that she wanted to be with him). When RX went on to explain about her and 10th, 4th also said he never once believed that RX considered 10th in a romantic light, despite the rumour that went in the palace. In another scene where he visited her room and caught her red-handed copying his calligraphy, he asked her to be honest with him in everything from 'today onwards' saying both of them would be more comfortable with the truth, even if it was ugly, but he was the one to make the promise to be frank with her in everything. He also was the one to say that she could tell him that she could choose not to tell him things, but not lie to deceive him. Then she asked him directly whether or not he wanted the throne, to which he said he did. This conversation behind closed door signifies both of them finally opening up fully to each other about their deepest secrets (except for RX's past relationship to 8th, which 4th unknowingly gave her permission to keep it to herself). This also marks 4th's sharing his deepest ambition to RX and therefore earns her utmost trust and loyalty. She later said in her letter to him before she died that the moment he said the word 'I want it', she knew how much he loved and trusted her, enough to tell her what he had been hiding from the rest of the world. From that moment she had decided to give her all in this relationship. This was to provide contrast to her previous relationship with 8th, in which no matter how much he loved her, he still let his doubt about her (being secretly supporting 4th & withholding information she overheard from the Emperor while serving tea to him) infiltrate how he treated and saw her.

In ML, this conversation happened outdoor to clear the misunderstanding between HS and WS regarding his marriage and her hiding WJ in her room. They both demanded explanation from each other, and HS also asked WS about the rumour regarding his ambition for the throne. WS didn't tackle the ambition part, but explained that he couldn't help the marriage as it was the last resort to save his niece. HS also explained that there was nothing between her and WJ. WS also requested that HS be honest with him 'from now on', saying how both of them would be more comfortable with the bitter truth. HS asked him back about the possibility of not wanting to disclose something, to which he agreed that she could just tell him she didn't want to touch that matter, but also warned her of his averse feeling toward 'vagueness and lies'. The conversation in the open suggests their utmost trust and being completely transparent with each other. However, it was HS who deliberately requested WS about the possibility of not disclosing what she didn't want to disclose. 

I think I have covered most of the similarities and differences between the original and the adaptation in ML ep 14. I might have missed a few minor details though :)

• Like 20

First of all, SBS how dare you show me a depressing preview yesterday that I ended up panicking for half of this episode in behalf of Eun & SD, only for you not to show it anyway, which means my panic attacks will resume on next weeks episode [with the addition of Jung's and So's hardships too, wtf!]

Soo is one effed up human being, and no I'm not saying that just to be mean or anything. I just don't understand how and why she still doubts So, even after everything that he has done for her yet she is so ready to trust everyone else [I still haven't forgotten that she had so much belief in Wook Vader's promises even when he never came through with any of them or her naivete with CR's loyalty when she's been so fishy asf in the last 2 episodes]. I mean, the series is almost done but I'm still confused with her characterization, are we supposed to root for her or hate her? 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, soph_t said:

I'm actually really disappointed in HS, it is clear she is in love with WS, but she's pulling a WW on WS. Keeping quiet about hiding the 10th prince completely overthrows what WS and HS promised one another - to not lie (I haven't watched the episode subbed, I am sorry if they didn't make this promise). Although HS didn't lie (as she said nothing) and 10th prince was bound to die, but we can always wonder whether HS premonition would have happened or not if she told WS about hiding 10th prince and his wife. I really don't think WS would have killed WE, had HS told him, he would have helped them escape...here's to imagining there being a very, extremely tiny possibility of WE and SD escaping and living a happily ever after life, while on the run.  :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: 
As a viewer, seeing HS doubting WS enough not to share such info with is really heartbreaking. WS is being used as a dog by WY, the least HS can do is trust him. :tears::tears::tears: 

I am really to emotionally invested in this drama, I don't know what I will do after it finishes. :sweatingbullets:

I agree. I wonder how can she love WS but does not trust him?? i am confused. Why must SD pointed it to her? . I am getting annoy with HS. Because of her everyone dies. She deserve to die too. 

• Like 8