[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

13 hours ago, irilight said:

But I will still watch or at least,  try to watch this drama, because of Lee Joon-Gi. I wish there more serious actors cast in it and even more than that - I wish they had given the writing to a more seasoned scriptwriter.

And I want to add. I agree!!!! Oh and just like you.. I will still watch or at least,  try to watch this drama, because of ..Ji Soo. :)

• Like 3

Hello! 

I'm gonna watch this drama for sure since it's Lee Jun Ki and so many more flower boy playing to be the Prince. The C-version is so good that sometimes I was also confused with the relationship progress. Actually I don't really like 8th prince on C-version since I was complaining a lot why the episode with 8th Prince took so much episodes. But since Kang Ha Neul will be going to be the 8th Prince, I am sure, I will be delightful enough to see him with IU.

I never watch how Ji Soo potraying his role, but I hope he is good enough to be 14th Prince since I like 14th Prince the most among the C-version Prince. He is the general and yet handsome, tall, talented, and cute on 39th eps. Hopefully Ji Soo will be a good choice, since at first I thought Nam Joo Hyuk will be the 14th Prince.

Anw, what is that Seo Hyun and Kang Ha Na is going to be? Sure that they pick Seo Hyun to play a drama?

I never doubt IU, since she is a good actress and being the main lead here is really a good choice. She makes her breakthrough on historical drama and yeayyy hopefully this drama will be as good as the C-version but please, if there is any sequel to the next 21st stories, hopefully it's not as bad as Bu Bu Jing Qing hahaha. 

• Like 4

@fleurofjasmine, For someone who did not read the novel, nor finished watching the Chinese drama, I am very grateful to your insights and comments. I also appreciate the fact that you put them under spoilers, so that people have a choice to read or not to read, as they wish.

I read, because I have an interest in the plot. In the end, it is not only the plot that would make this drama, but overall what they do with it.

@syavery, I am also very happy that Kang Ha-Neul will be playing the 8th Prince.

@patoi sister,  I love that poster with the wolf.  Interesting how wolf theme follows uri Joon-Gi, right?

@LyraYoo, thank you for the video.... !

"Time Slip: Ryeo" Lee Joon-ki fights with Jang Hyeok

photo674253.jpg

Lee Joon-ki is battling Jang Hyeok in the drama "Time Slip: Ryeo".

Lee Joon-ki takes on the role of Wang So, the fourth emperor of the Koryeo. Wang So is also known as the 'Wolf Dog'.

Jang Hyeok also played Wang So in the previous MBC drama "Shine or Go Crazy". The two dramas are based in the early Koryo times, during the time when Wang So was a real character.

The two dramas are of course, fictional. "Shine or Go Crazy" was about the romance between Wang So and Princess Sin Yool, the last princess while in "Time Slip: Ryeo", Wang So falls in love with a 21st century woman. Hae-soo is a woman from the Koryeo times who goes into the body of this woman.

However, Wang So was a real character so there are similarities between the two Wang Sos. Wang So from "Shine or Go Crazy" was described as the 'cursed emperor' as he was foreseen to turn the Koryeo into a blood bath. He struggles alone as he tries to hide that he is a prince. In "Time Slip: Ryeo", Wang So also keeps himself hidden behind a mask.

Jang Hyeok is a fermented historical drama actor with experience in various dramas. Lee Joon-ki also starred in a historical movie that made him the star that he is today. He also starred in several historical dramas.

"Time Slip: Ryeo" Wang Wook and Wang Yo, played by Kang Ha-neul and Hong Jong-hyeon, were played by Im Joo-hwan and Ryoo Seung-soo in "Shine or Go Crazy".

"Time Slip: Ryeo" is based on a Chinese original which made a big hit in China. "Time Slip: Ryeo" is based on truth in history with some added modern-day imagination. Pre-production of the drama is currently in discussion.

source

• Like 9

OK I logged in just to comment in this thread!! Love it that they will do a remake, though I'm not very hopeful after TTTILY :)

I love the Chinese version even though my heart cringed at the ending and whatever events leading to that ending. I read the books many times, watched the drama a few times, and still it tucked my heart at the end all the same.

Would they consider remake "Love me if you dare" too? haha okie I'm asking too much since that drama only just ended.

Back to Moon lovers, right now I still can't imagine all the guys as the princes they are going to play yet. For IU, appearance and age wise do fit but acting wise I'm not sure :D

LJG as cold hearted prince, hehe can't wait!! I love his cold composure.

• Like 8

Korean dramas is very different to Chinese dramas and I know some might disagree with me but bringing a bunch of flower boys and girls on set was never the key to a drama's success for the more 'hard-to-please' audience. They need strong acting skills, a well-put-together screenplay, a logical-down-to-earth script and luck. The actors for the Chinese version many had a lot of life experience. They've been through so much in life and they bring that into their onscreen acting and it clicked on nicely.

K-dramas on the other hand cast too many idol singers who had little life experience. That's what I'm worried about. Can they be genuine? Can they be real? What about the deep-deep emotions, can they do it? Can they be down-to-earth? That's what needs to be concerned. Even if you look pretty but you have a bad script, bad acting, your emotions are not-there-yet, it'll be a no-go. Really don't think IU should be Ruo Xi. Unless Moon Lovers is a totally different thing to BBJX. This comes from a person who knows Bu Bu Jing Xin by heart.

When I first heard BBJX was going to get a remake I was already not pleased. BBJX doesn't need a remake because it was obviously the best and nothing could top it. But the news of casting IU as the lead was what made me more shocked.

I don't know why the Koreans bother with plastic surgery. Some people look the same because they were dealt with by the same doctor. Looks no longer matter. Even if it did it wouldn't last long. Beauty comes from the inside. 

• Like 8

On 1/14/2016 at 5:20 PM, dark4ngel said:

K-dramas on the other hand cast too many idol singers who had little life experience. That's what I'm worried about. Can they be genuine? Can they be real? What about the deep-deep emotions, can they do it? Can they be down-to-earth? That's what needs to be concerned. Even if you look pretty but you have a bad script, bad acting, your emotions are not-there-yet, it'll be a no-go. Really don't think IU should be Ruo Xi. Unless Moon Lovers is a totally different thing to BBJX. This comes from a person who knows Bu Bu Jing Xin by heart.

@dark4ngel, I disagree with your statement that idol singers have little life experience. Firstly, because life experience is not measured by profession. I don't actually follow Kpop at all, but the very little I did read is about idols who had a really tough life before they arrived into stardom.  Many of them (unless they had a family connection who got them into the business), had it really tough for quite some time, doing all sorts of odd jobs, living in poverty.  I remember thinking to myself, what kind of burning fire within makes a young boy or girl leave his/her home, and choose to live in poverty so that they can study music and advance in their chosen careers.  I see them as very unusual people who were so propelled by their desire for their chosen career they withstood a lot of hardship. What I do think is that some of them lack is acting experience, and that saddens me. As to your remark about the bad script - that is one of my main concerns, and why I wish they had given the scriptwriting to a "giant" in his/her class. The fact that the drama is pre-produced has pluses and minuses.One minus, is that they cannot measure their success/or failure by audience reaction, and therefore cannot make necessary changes earlier on.

About IU, I think many of us were expecting someone of stronger caliber for the title role, but the decision has been made, and there is nothing we can do about it.

All we can do, is hope to enjoy the drama, and hope we are not disappointed, or just decide to not watch it.

From DramaFever:

13 Actors who confirmed roles on upcoming K-drama Moon Lovers

db7439cf-a795-4e29-82d9-84b14ce7b879.png

My favorite actor plays which one of the 14 princes? Here's the final lineup and information about the star-studded cast members of K-drama Moon Lovers (working title) Scroll down to reveal!

Please read more, click on "awesome" button, and comment (tell them you want to see this drama) on DramaFever Blog.

• Like 4

On 1/13/2016 at 3:14 PM, xinabu_1 said:

Would they consider remake "Love me if you dare" too? haha okie I'm asking too much since that drama only just ended.

OMG!  LMIYD!!!!!!  loves ya! that show is freaking wow! writing, directing, scenes, production, editing everything! And Wallace Huo! I heart!!! :D

And okay, back to Moon Lovers. I'm not familiar with the story and the Chinese original. I do think there are some dramas  when they do their own version, original is always better. Though for Cantabile, I did like kversion cos it was less slapstick and more sentimental though others would prolly disagree.

Ji Soo! I'm gonna watch this because I'm just happy, brilliant breakout rookie has another drama.I want him to shine here because his looks is just bonus as it's his impressive acting and charisma that pulls viewers.

• Like 3

I won't make premature verdicts about the cast until I watch Moon Lovers. If there's a grand production, there would be a feast for the eyes with the indulgent sceneries and beautiful costumes! :D

On 1/13/2016 at 11:14 PM, xinabu_1 said:

Would they consider remake "Love me if you dare" too?

@xinabu. OMG. I hope not.    The only thing I can say - is that there is only one Wallace Huo....:wub:

Regarding your remark about TTTILY - that in my mind was a perfect example, where they had wonderful cast, excellent PD, and mediocre script.  (And I remember I said it all along, when the scriptwriter was announced.)

welcome all newbies to the thread!  :)

Kang Ha Neul & Hong Jong Hyun looks to exercise horses in preparation for the drama "Moon Lovers".

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

• Like 6

4 hours ago, irilight said:

@xinabu. OMG. I hope not.    The only thing I can say - is that there is only one Wallace Huo....:wub:

Worth a re quote! the drama and the actor is  wow Exactly there's only one Wallace Huo!:wub:Good looking actors.. I hope script is looking good too.. oh and  I know my fav will certainly deliver because he's such an impressive talented young actor!

• Like 3

@RmbSeunghoYounGiee  Nice. I'm looking again at the fan edit. IU looks young and innocent. But anyway age is just number. And from reading  previous posts, the lead character is supposed to be that... I think.

I hope once this drama begins I can sustain my interest. This is pre produced w/c is good.I like a drama with wonderful cinematography as well. Hope we'll get to see that. It adds to the dymanics and over all production of the drama.

The maknae below. Photo of 14th prince sans costume.Just wanted to share. Well, ye know. Haha :D 

005ToIkcgw1ewnqf120i4j30hs0bnjt4.jpg

Cr:onpic.

• Like 2