[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

36 minutes ago, qwenli said:

-----------

@riuenu try to get an wifi egg so that you are connected everywhere :) So envious of you going Korea!

Spoiler

@qwenli yup, getting one...but my phone always lag the hell out of me...and it will hang multiple time while I browsing here...I prefer my lappy tho...but given that I will buy more den *cough30kg* back...I got no allowance for my burden lappy....I will try to keep up, cause I will miss this drama so badly, and miss reading the insight, the comment, the beautiful gif that you guys share here...and I think, when I back, I need to catch up at least..eh...500 pages? cause I will be gone for 9 days... LOL

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, wordsmyth0253 said:

A few interesting historical facts:

1. Gwang Jong killed one of his brothers MINE - Won. (Although...he did kill quite a few of his nephews. ^ ^;)

2. Gwang Jong was apparently uncommonly tall for people of that era and was a favorite of his father's.

3. Choi Ji Mong actually existed and did advise Taejo and Gwang Jong in a capacity similar to that portrayed in the drama - in fact, his predictions were apparently remarkably accurate, and even included several revolts/uprisings. The reason his name is so apropos of his character ( 崔知夢  -  where Ji Mong is written with the characters for 'know' and 'dream') is that the emperor actually "rechristened" him in honor of his calling/talent.

Thank you.... another history reveal... :grin:

OMG..... after SHR end... I think Im doing good at korean history....... but mine :bawling::sweatingbullets:

• Like 13

After the last episode i just wanted to write a few things on Hae Su and Wang So in terms of them witnessing the King's (Wang Mu) death.

It was heart wrenching to see especially Hae Su who had to witness the King she was so loyal and devoted to die in front of her. Right from when Su and So entered the palace one of their prime motives had become to protect the then crown Prince. Hae Su with her attempts to conceal his illness and helping him deal with it, and So's attempt to survive in the Palace boiled down to protecting the crown prince (not that that was the only reason). i felt that amongst all the threads Hae Soo and Wang So were connected with, Wang Mu was one of them. In the sense, their life sort of changed for them and he was one the reason. In his quest to protect and be an important ally to Wang Mu, So entered the palace. He could meet Soo, fall in love with her....and become healed as a person. Not to forget he saved So from his psychotic mother! Su similarly, after Mu became the king, had her situation changed by his favours which she earned by her loyalty towards his him whether it was regarding his ailment or helping Taejo protect him. She became the head court lady and slowly started to accept So and her feelings towards him. Both So and Su worked hard and gave their best to protect the King. In a way they even compromised on their relationship when So married the Princess. To see something they nurtured and cherished fall the way Wang Mu did....would have pained them a lot.

Special mention to Su especially. Having to witness deaths of people she loved or respected and honored within the span of 3 or 4 years. First her cousin, then Lady Oh (which had to be the most painful), King Taejo and now Mu. This show has many drawbacks, but IU's portrayal of Hae Su isn't one of them. It's surprising for me cause i did not have any expectations from her to start with when the show began. But turns out one of the biggest positives of this show (for me atleast) is her ability to move me. Every death, every betrayal, every heartbreak.....she just got to me with the pain she expressed.

I am glad for Hae Su and Hae So finally reaching somewhere in the relationship. But i am greedy as well. I am sad that we had to miss the 2 years of their relationship. Mind you 2 important years of their relationship. Where we left was a point where she has started to fall to So. Despite her reluctance, So's ability to protect and value drew her towards him and there was nothing she could do to stop it. It reached a point where she trusted So more than Wook. I would have loved to see the realization and acceptance and more moments which lead to that in these two years....since this is what i had been anticipating for a long time since the show started with it's adaptation.  

I however liked the conflict thrown into their relationship in the form of a marriage. And the resolution which lead to the kiss was the cherry on cake. I think what matters for Soo at this moment is not the fulfillment of promises. She knows the weight promises have in Goreyo. She witnessed it for 4 odd years or so. For her all it matters is trust, sincerity and most importantly TOGETHERNESS during hard times instead of hiding your face just because you could not keep your word. That is why this confrontation was so important than just poetic metaphor of an explanation. What hurt her during wook was not his abandonment, but his abandonment without a word! Why won't she understand if you said so, why wouldn't she wait if asked so? So explaining his situation and confession not only made Su understand his situation but also drove her to seal their relationship with a kiss. But alas, the Wook mystery is their haunt their relationship....now more because we know how much So despises lies. 

Wook seems a completely different man. From a person who didn't care about power (or pretended so?) to now viciously lust for it. He scares me more than Yo - at least he is a predictably vile with his wormtail of a 9th brother Won. Atleast in the Chinese version the 8th Brother was ambitious from the very go. Fine. I have no problem with his ambitions. What bothers me is he puts Su somewhere in the equation in his quest for power, that it's because of her sake he is pursing his ambition for the throne:blink: As it is it annoyed me in the previous episodes that he blamed So for Su's misfortunes. Hein? 

While i enjoy Baek ah and So's brotherly relationship. I don't know why i keep craving for things to be well with him and Jung. It's tragic how these brothers turned out thanks to the psychotic mother. But a reconciliation is far from happening since Wook is dear to Jung....and god knows if Su and Jung will have something in the lines of the original.

• Like 21

Please let WY and his mother die soon please, and if Eun and Soon-Deok die in today's episode, please let them die together, and without pain, Soo and So stick to each other, everything is better when you're together. 

Enjoy the episode today guys, gotta run for my class (*teaaaaaars*)

• Like 10

O, my God!!!! it is really impossible to keep up with this forum!!!!! :) 

I am so sorry I am not able to read all your comments!!!! Someone has mercy on us and to do an update or a summary for all of us who dont have the time to read it all but who are dying to find out what are the main points in all this great, long and again long thread !!! :)

I dont also have time to write my own comments :( so I would be short and refer only to some of my reactions

• really glad they make the time jump and only after that did HS confess her loving feelings for WS! I personally would find it very confusing if, after going so far to show us that she did love WW, she would begin loving WS so soon; 1-2 years is/are more than enough for her feelings for WS to make the turn from deep friendship and some vague but persistent attraction to start to love him as a man
  • so,after this episode is even more clear (to anyone, I hope) that they will stay pretty close to the novel's ending and will have the letter thing going on !!! Happy me again, cause I was whishing for that, even if it would be heartbreaking for me!
  • probably unlike the majority of this forum, I was really glad to see WS coming to "his  own senses" and stop being so HS-centred ... I was so relieved to see him taking the decision to protect the throne and king and upsetting  HS or putting the relation on some risk and make up his mind with the same determination we saw in the beggining and with the same "no regrets" attitudine; I was hoping to see the transformation from the WS who said he is nothing without her, dont want the throne and nothing matters without her, to the man he really is - someone fated to be king!!! I never see him from the beggining to be a man living only for love and putting the woman he loves besides everything else;  Because I was speculationg that he will also have to end up breaking his promises for HS, I really like how the writer makes this beggin to happen, maintaining all the straightforwardness, dignity and honesty the WS's character had from the beggining; I am also still maintaining the idea that, like his father, he will also have the moment when he will choose protecting the throne against his loved one - in the end this is the work of a king! and he has the nature to make political decisions go against his love reasons; is not the he doesnt love HS, is that he doesnt love only her and also he is more than just a man loving a woman; I am also speculating that in the end WW will have his short "win over you" moment, cause he will not be the only one failing to keep his promises to her and not able to keep their relation safe ... like his father, like WW, he will also be regretting it, but like his father also feel like he had to do it, no matter what HS means to him ....
  • I am not so sure, in fact I am beggining to let go of the idea of her visions being about his soul,  and more believe they are just future premonitions; but I still believe her seeing him as a king is not only about him becoming ruthless, is also about him being alone
  • if HS will become ruthless, she will be also ruthless toward WS - not as a 4th prince, but as a king;  him becoming a king will change everything! not only did she loved him as the 4th prince, but he also put her first in everything when he was prince; ....
  • Like 19

Well typical local reaction. I am not korean. But would you choose to watch a history you studied at school in drama?  I would see it in movies but not in drama. Foreigners may appreciate it for some of us don't have any idea what the story is all about. Don't mind me :grin:

• Like 2

Please, please vote our Prince!! Soong Jung Ki fans vote for SJK like mad. They managed to catched within a day. Please vote every 5 minutes. If you vote less than 5 minutes, your IP address will be ban. 

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle.html

15 hours ago, tianaa said:

leaf19.gifleaf19.gif

OMG!! I am totally melting looking at his smile. The smile, the smirk, sooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::yum::yum:

• Like 8

Just now, junejungki said:

Please, please vote our Prince!! Soong Jung Ki fans vote for SJK like mad. They managed to catched within a day. Please vote every 5 minutes. If you vote less than 5 minutes, your IP address will be ban. 

http://www.hallyuvote.com/face-off-battle.html

OMG!! I am totally melting looking at his smile. The smile, the smirk, sooooooooooooooooooooooo sexy!!!!!!!!!!!! :love::love::yum::yum:

I been voting! Wow, really very close.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, pauexclusive said:

Well typical local reaction. I am not korean. But would you choose to watch a history you studied at school in drama?  I would see it in movies but not in drama. Foreigners may appreciate it for some of us don't have any idea what the story is all about. Don't mind me :grin:

If it is well made I would, but as I am mist if the times disappointed on the way drama are made in my country, I stick to Korean ... also we dud not learn about Korean hustory, a tiny bit Chinese, Japanese, a bit more American ... I like to learn new things, even if there us an artistic twist involved

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Evangeline Yang said:

I been voting! Wow, really very close.

Yesterday evening around this time, LJK leading at 61.4%. But today reduce to 54%. SJK fans are scary. Really, really scary if you read their post at left side of that poll.  

• Like 11

Hey Wookie-boy ...what with the smirk huh?

You have the nerve to goad and be sarcastic?

wook.png

For all your calculated manipulation ...well sorry for you ...you never got the girl ! and you never got to be king.. boo hoo...

whip-onion-head-emoticon.gif wahHHHAHAHAHAH who's laughing now?

And YO !  let's commemorate you're being king with your new outrageous hair bro... .. i am gonna make you hope you did not come back here anymore...y-aaahhhh
whahaaa.jpg

aren't you lovely ??  big-smile2-smiley.gif

• Like 22

15 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

If it is well made I would, but as I am mist if the times disappointed on the way drama are made in my country, I stick to Korean ... also we dud not learn about Korean hustory, a tiny bit Chinese, Japanese, a bit more American ... I like to learn new things, even if there us an artistic twist involv

You see, with this drama on air, I will never look history the same way again. hahahahaha!!!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

If it is well made I would, but as I am mist if the times disappointed on the way drama are made in my country, I stick to Korean ... also we dud not learn about Korean hustory, a tiny bit Chinese, Japanese, a bit more American ... I like to learn new things, even if there us an artistic twist involved

Good for you! :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

Before this episode, WS was portrayed as ignorant and brutish, having not known the difference between friendship and love. But over the past few episodes, we as viewers, as well as HS, get a glimpse of the clarity and still running stream beneath the turbulent exterior; that he is a man of depth, knowledge, wit and boundless compassion and love. Prior to this, I always got the feeling that HS thought she has a better moral compass and level of character compared to WS, but in this episode, she finally realises how much he has caught up to be worthy of her, as well as her own ignorance and weaknesses, and I believe it would finally compel her to do more for him in the future and fight to stay by his side. 

I really appreciated the profound writing in this episode, but i would like to know how much of this is original and how much of this was actually from Tong Hua? do share with me if you could!

@chickenchopflipflop I have to say that basic essence of writing and portrayal of the love between two characters as well as personality and feelings of HS is same as Ruoxi. The inner essence of WS and his feelings for loved ones are the same as 4th except that he wasn't bloody like WS but cold and brutal in scheming way when it comes to people who hurt his loved ones (which we have to see how it unfolds in this Kv).  4th was also shown as a man of few words, loyal to those who are loyal to him, understand and consider Ruoxi's feelings, trust her words, with cold expression without showing his inner feelings and only smiled and played around in front of Ruoxi (& 13th).  The only difference is WS is more like physical action person but 4th is more thinking/ scheming person like WW character (8th as well) but 4th won't use, hurt or lie Ruoxi like WS won't. Actually, RX was surprised the fact that 4th told her honestly that he wants the throne without expecting he would and she told herself in voiceover that he was more magnanimous than she imagined regards to her relationship with 14th and other brothers. So, in a way, it was somewhat parallel to the fact that RX did not know every aspects of 4th until she fell for him (before she thought of him as cold-faced and demanding person like HS thought WS was just bloody fighter who kept asking people whether they want to die). 

However, history leading to the events as well as dialogues are, of course, very different from Tong Hua.  The same poem was given to Ruoxi by 4th (it was only poem that he ever gave to her as well) after he told her to wait for him to get opportunity to ask her from the emperor (after Ruoxi was asked by crown prince as his side consort but both 4th and 8th collaborated to put CP in a bad scheme against emperor so that his request of Ruoxi became unfruitful). Since Ruoxi also did not know traditional Chinese characters, she used 4th calligraphy as guide to practice her writing as well as making her heart at ease by imagining him being by her side.  Although the poem was given in different context, I guess the meaning of "waiting for better time, things not being reality as seeing and not to lose hope" is the same for both versions. In addition, 4th was very straight forward with RX like WS was with HS.  He told her he can't marry her when he couldn't and told her to wait for right time. Later, he told her straight out that he could no longer marry her as he lost emperor's favor though he knew that it would hurt RX as well as his feelings. This aspect of personality of 4th is same as WS unlike WW/8th who was never honest and direct with his feelings and his suspections towards HS/RX.

Spoiler

Later in novel, 4th had to take back his promise to marry RX as he and 13th were implicated in distributing rumors about CP. 13th was house-arrested in dungeon, 4th lost emperor's favor and ended up staying away from court by planting grains and fruits at his backyard and discussing religion. That's when famous rain scene happened [RX kneeled in rain for 2 days so that Luwu (whoohee) could accompany 13th in his house arrest and 4th could not do anything to help her except standing in rain with her].  However, rain scene happened earlier for Lady Oh in Kv and the reason that WS had to take back his promise to marry HS and takek her out of palace was due to helping his niece princess and Mu from getting attacked by WW and other clans. So, situation leading to the events are quite different and SK writer still had to make a great effort to fit in these famous plots and personalities of characters in different nation and era though she already had frame work and essence to work with. I'm pretty sure she had to learn or get an advice for Hanja (ancient Korean which is same as ancient Chinese character) as even younger Chinese in China born after 1960 did not know how to read or write traditional ones and I don't know how much young Korean learn Hanja these days. She was also lucky to be able to use same poem as it was written before Goryeo times :D

Edited by kyar7jizhenll
Missing some words, spelling
  • Like 17