[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, virsvirs said:

Oh my oh myyyy you guys are killing me! This pic is not BTS rite?

The way Hae Soo look at So tho!!! Smiling to each other, they really are in loveeee. Seriously the chemistry is just MAGICAL!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::wub::wub::wub:

This better not be a BTS picture coz someone may have to give lots of explaining to the real life BF being caught in the line of fire looking at another guy that way off camera.

But, it is so great to see Hae Soo is not in a gloomy and depress look for a change. If this is the top romance for them, I may need to call this episode the end of series. Cannot imagine to watch them go downhill after all they've been through.....:tears:  Lord have mercy to my weak heart....

• Like 23

1 minute ago, NitaA said:

This better not be a BTS picture coz someone may have to give lots of explaining to the real life BF being caught in the line of fire looking at another guy that way off camera.

But, it is so great to see Hae Soo is not in a gloomy and depress look for a change. If this is the top romance for them, I may need to call this episode the end of series. Cannot imagine to watch them go downhill after all they've been through.....:tears:  Lord have mercy to my weak heart....

I am fearing this! There is a possibility of being BTS. :lol:

• Like 24

7 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Interesting. The writer is making it clear that if you go for the throne, you're gonna have a bad time. Each king has different and similar problems. Taejo having to give up his love, marrying women he has no feelings for to secure the throne, and watching his sons and wife plot for the throne. Wang Mu has his insecurities magnified, being unable to trust anyone and paranoid he will be killed by those close. Yo will be destroyed over paranoia, that his brothers will also plot to kill like he did to Mu. Also, he wants to continue shining for his mother. As for our So, it will likely be jealousy and misunderstanding his love. You see, all of the reasons that each Prince has for the throne will ultimately be the thing that undoes them. So aims for the throne for Soo, and it will be her that brings him pain and heartache as he is sitting on that throne. I am sad just writing this.

If I may add,... I think So aims for the throne because he fed up with all the bad things; greediness, tragedies around him and love falls apart within his family. He feels in order to put an end of those things he needs to be in control of the situation. Sadly, he is not in control as far as Soo's concern.

• Like 19

1 minute ago, NitaA said:

If I may add,... I think So aims for the throne because he fed up with all the bad things; greediness, tragedies around him and love falls apart within his family. He feels in order to put an end of those things he needs to be in control of the situation. Sadly, he is not in control as far as Soo's concern.

Yes, you're right. IMO, Soo is the major driving force for his fight for the throne, coupled with all the other issues in the palace. To prevent more harm from falling on those he loves including Soo, BA, Jimong, he has to take control of the crown. His reason is ultimately to protect those he loves.

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, Umi_ni_Sora said:

Interesting. The writer is making it clear that if you go for the throne, you're gonna have a bad time. Each king has different and similar problems. Taejo having to give up his love, marrying women he has no feelings for to secure the throne, and watching his sons and wife plot for the throne. Wang Mu has his insecurities magnified, being unable to trust anyone and paranoid he will be killed by those close. Yo will be destroyed over paranoia, that his brothers will also plot to kill like he did to Mu. Also, he wants to continue shining for his mother. As for our So, it will likely be jealousy and misunderstanding his love. You see, all of the reasons that each Prince has for the throne will ultimately be the thing that undoes them. So aims for the throne for Soo, and it will be her that brings him pain and heartache as he is sitting on that throne. I am sad just writing this.

agree with this.. since the beginning we can see how the writer write about Taejo and his incomplete love story until he dies... WM is just a sad case.. he really a nice guy but the throne is making him loss his life cause since the beginning he actually too nice for the throne battle.. Yo??? because he have nobody that he can trust  that's why he being overly paranoia.. WW is a snake and So doing all the dirty stuff because Yo holding Soo as hostage.. nobody is actually on his side..

about So as a king.. yes he can't make Soo as his queen cause YH will make a deal for this but he will never treat Soo like Taejo did with Lady Oh... since the beginning So never cared about anybody except Soo so he have the highest power and he going to used it in protecting Soo.. but like we all discussing So will likely became more and more possessive and a lot will happen during his reign and mostly will involve Soo... and yes in the end the one place that he think can protect Soo will also ruined both him and Soo relationship and that damn place is the throne...

i already said this but power and love can't be in the same place.... it going to destroy each other...

• Like 20

15 hours ago, cojulie said:

Rather than a season 2 where they try to modernize the same scenario, I'd much rather just have the main leads appear in a brand new drama all together with a fresh script.  I think a romantic comedy would be nice to see both LJG and KHN in :)

Since I want So and Soo to have a happy ending and live a happy and boring life together my idea for season two is a mockumentary style comedy with confessionals (similar to The Producers where the characters talk to the camera). So and Soo start dating and the series is how they encounter the usual dating and life milestones/obstacles in the context of them having memories of their previous lives.

e.g. what does the reincarnation of Gwanjong do for a living in the modern world? How does Soo introduce So to her parents? Soo encounters her ex boyfriend and ex best friend on the street, does she rub her happiness and So in their stupid faces? Do they move in together? 

Both IU and LJG have comedic timing so I think they could pull off this style very easily.

• Like 19

27 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

Because traditional, conservative families (especially from privileged classes like royalty) keep meticulous family trees. While there are many Lees, Kims, and Parks in Korea, they are not all the same. There are different clans. LJG is from the Jeonju Lee clan, Prince Yangnyeong's branch. Also, each generation has a character that all members of that generation uses in their name. The character for the 19th generation after Prince Yangnyeong is 基, and there happen to be several Korean celebrities from this generation.

This doesn't mean all Koreans whose names are Lee **** Gi/Ki are from this generation, but there have been press reports that have specifically identified LJG or some other Korean celebrities as being from this generation. Important members of this clan do keep the records somewhere (and I've even found a website for them, but you had to be a member to access it).

This rule isn't as strictly followed any more, as modern families are letting go of many traditions. My father's siblings and all the cousins of his generation share the particular character assigned to them in their names regardless of gender, but I wasn't given the character for my generation because I'm a girl and the character would have made the name sound too masculine. 

The stuff you learn from watching mlshr. It's amazing.

@ruizaio thank you for the info. 

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

They post nasty, malicious stuff and try to get the fans to fight. They're bitter that the show is doing well otherwise or are fans of other celebrities they feel are threatened by the stars of this show. Or they just do it for fun because they are trolls.

It's a bit like kindergarden, isn't it?
I just don't get that, not my way of living

Why do I need to rip your or any comment/actor/celeb. apart, just because I did not like what was said/how it was performed?

I got into arguments before and I guess I will get into those again, but I am still happy to admit if I'm in the wrong, or just let it drop.
Each of us has a different opinion about things, we even see things different. The same scene might play and still our fixed point is
different. May it be because we have a bias twards an actor/character or we like/dislike the interaction ... oh whatever

I am so freaked out ever since I know about LJG that his ear piercings are so low on the loop ... I think it's so wrong, that he has them so low,
they should be further up and even them in his job there is the risk of ripping. I just hate that. There I said it ... I kept my mouth shut for YEARS
and I finally said it.
LEE JOON GI did you freaking pierced yourself! Looks stupid!

Done!
Back to peace and harmony :wub: 

• Like 18

@ruizaio thank you so much for the details about naming convention in SK.

And not sure if I am right but I did some research long back after watching SKKS about how siblings get their names in older times (and some now too) as you said one character assigned to their generation is common between siblings (first or second) and other character is what selected by parents as their name (this naming convention has one name too but i cant recall that) Also the character given to one specific generation is derived from hanja character of their previous generation's character in  such a way that its meaning is related to previous one.

could you please let me know if what I know so far is true or not and if not then please correct so that It can help in correcting my SK history knowledge. 

• Like 12