[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

18 minutes ago, stevii said:

i didnt know about the leaked kiss scene... sorry maybe i missed it, what is the scene again?

Mee too, I haven't seen the leaked set-your-skin-on-fire kiss scene. It would be nice if someone post the picture here. I have seen the mask but not the other one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Wasn't he over the moon when she finally gave her permission? But it wasn't just about taking aim at her lips... it was always really about her heart. 

Sorry to cut your post, but what an excellent observation and that is why we get all these butterflies seeing them kiss because it's about the confirmation of their relationship .

So far we only see one leak photo of IU in modern outfit, so she will certainly come back to our time but  nothing seen so far about joon gi. Unless they filmed indoors. I am holding out to all the hearsay that it will be a good ending.

*Keeping fingers crossed* 

• Like 14

@40somethingahjumma

I don't mind if the present day So is loaded (it would help ;), but is nit needed)

Wouldn't it be interessting if present day So has a scar similar to that of WangSo

By the way ... I wonder at WSs scar from day one:

How can it be so twisted or rather split like a lightening? His mother cut him once with a knife and that should bring just one clean cut, it can have a break due to eye/nose, but that scar looks not right to me.

Ok, I am no doctor or police detective, so it might be a realistic betrayal of a scar

• Like 12

I saw the preview for tonight's ep. Can i just say I really hate Yo and his mother. It is sad that they know WS's weakness, who he cares for and they know how to use it to their advantage. AND I HATE THAT!

I AM SO NOT READY to see Eun die :S i hope i dont see it at all! i really cant wait to see WS take back the throne!

GO GO!

and seriously Wook is a really scary fellow, somehow who constantly changes loyalty is not someone one should trust at all.

• Like 12

I never like a drama that I end up wanting to download two versions of it in complete. After all, this is the first drama that does this two-version thing. I hope they would not do this anymore. If there are so many important scenes, why not adding episodes instead, 22 or 24 episodes?

• Like 11

On 10/11/2016 at 5:13 PM, qwenli said:

Sorry to cut your post, but what an excellent observation and that is why we get all these butterflies seeing them kiss because it's about the confirmation of their relationship .

So far we only see one leak photo of IU in modern outfit, so she will certainly come back to our time but  nothing seen so far about joon gi. Unless they filmed indoors. I am holding out to all the hearsay that it will be a good ending.

omg! I did not see the leaked photo.... I think i missed it. Can you please share the link to the pic???

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, qwenli said:

actually, even in the c-version there was some hint of a 'nice' ending. though of course they did actually continue to a season 2 to talk about their modern selves, but i am hoping that the k-version does address some level of their modern future.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I didn't know the C-version showed it like that. Oh please don't do the same thing WS! In the preview I heard WY say "HS is very curious who poisoned CP...", so I think it might be that rather than WS dealing with CR it might be HS (?). How did RX deal with Yu Tang in BBJX? Did they have a 'show-down'?

RX didn't 'deal' anything with Yu Tan. This is what happened in BBJX:

Spoiler

After witnessing many deaths following 4th's ascendance to the throne, RX tried to get YT away from the palace (still oblivious to the fact that YT was connected to 9th). 4th, now the emperor, agreed, but it was YT who insisted on staying, saying it's because she wanted to be with RX. She met no objection from RX.

Now in the palace, YT started to cause a rift in the relationship between 4th and his son and between RX & 4th too. Of course, RX didn't know about this, and she actually didn't know about any of YT's shady practices until witnessing her death and got told by 4th about YT's betrayal. So basically she didn't have the opportunity to confront YT.

@churasan: Well, in the original novel it was a little bit clearer about 14th's feelings toward RX. However, as his love was meant to be silent, the best undercover love in the whole novel, it became oblivious to RX, and since the story is told from RX's POV, it consequently became oblivious to many readers. The drama wasn't too clear on this front either and they omitted one key detail, that is 14th's retaining RX's hairpin after she risked her life to save him from the Emperor's wrath. If you don't mind a spoiler, here are the signs, which will be more obvious from the novel:

Spoiler

14th's feeling for RX wasn't straightforward and came with a lot of back and forth travelling.

1) He first liked her (like, very impressed) during 10th's birthday where RX sang a song for 10th. It was him who told 8th about RX's singing and it was later these two men (8th & 14th) who asked RX to sing for them (14th asked her more than once, once after 10th's birthday and once near the time of her death), a sign that they were in love with her and wanted to be seen & treated as special by her. In other words, they both wanted to be in RX's spotlight. 14th later told the Mongolian princess that he first liked RX hearing her song. RX thought he was just making up the story to protect his cover, because she would never expect that he would actually harbour feelings for her, judging from how he had disagreed with her quite some times in the past.

2) If you remember the first time when RX and Wulu met where she was sitting with 13th & Wulu and met 14th and his noble followers, you will notice that he quickly jumped to offer to take RX home. It was very obvious in the novel too and showed that he had this tendency of being protective and possessive in his love.

3) His feeling for RX, however, wasn't consistent at first because it was frequently overshadowed by his absolute loyalty to 8th. Since he loved and cared for both of them, he started to aggressively ship them. A fan who noticed this called this 'emotional laundering'; that is, when you can't or don't want to admit to your true feeling for some reason, you start to ship/ tease the person you like with someone else as a form of denial. I don't know if everyone has seen this before but I have witnessed a fair share during my junior/ secondary school days.14th was doing this and at some point he genuinely thought it would be good for both RX and 8th to be together since he knew they had mutual feelings. Granted, men in those days don't care too much about what women think, so it was very natural that he took 8th's side and turned rather nasty to RX when her love with 8th ended.

4) Now came the time when RX risked her life to protect 14th. When she won in the horse race against the Mongolian princess, she told the horsekeeper to throw away her bloodstained hairpin, but 14th told the servant to hand it to him, and he kept it until the end of her day. His retaining the hairpin wasn't shown in the drama, and we only knew its fate when Tong Hua revealed it in her epilogues, which were published much later. In it, 4th, after punishing 14th by keeping him under confinement, took away this hairpin and later left a letter to 14th after his (4th's) death, saying he gave 14th freedom (from both the confinement and from his love to RX) by taking the hairpin away with him to his grave.

5) After the horse race, the Mongolian princess chased after RX jokingly and both 13th and 9th teasingly gave RX up to the princess. Only 14th stood out to block the princess when RX ran to hide behind his back. I would call 4 & 5 the time when his feeling finally ripen to love. This was after RX and 8th broke up and both wiped it clean (not really with 8th, but he told 14th to not disturb RX anymore after his angry outburst with her, so it implied that 14th took it to mean that 8th was also willing to let RX go). 14th's feeling now was no longer restrained by his loyalty to 8th and could fully blossom.

6) Like a previous poster said, it was him to beg for RX when she was kneeling days on end in the rain. It was also him who asked the Emperor to grant RX to him THREE times when she was under punishment working as a laundry maid. 

7) Then we've got the rain scene. In the novel, the rain scene was both meaningful and symbolic, not for 4th & RX, RX & 8th, but also for RX & 14th. 14th brought RX lotus cake. This wasn't made clear in the drama, but it followed RX's explanation to 10th, using candied sweet and lotus cake figuratively to persuade him to get over his infatuation for her (the past/the candied sweet) to come to appreciate his wife (the present/ the lotus cake). 14th bringing lotus to RX under the rain was symbolic in that the writer implied he would become RX's lotus cake, the one who is always there, the one she would rely on but also the one she took for granted while she was chasing a shadow, a love that could never be (4th). The Emperor, after hearing about RX's candied/lotus cake analogy, also asked her whether she would be able to see past what is impossible to appreciate what is closer and more attainable. The fact that 14th brought her lotus cake also suggested that he remembered her favourite treat even if the story she told 10th might have been pure figurative, and also suggested that he wished to be the one she would turn to acknowledge, just as she hoped 10th would turn and acknowledge the significance of his wife in his life.

8) When RX was married to 14th, RX's personal maid had to wonder about 14th's knowledge of RX's very personal habits (of liking to have a bath with flower petals strewn in the bathtub & not having anyone close to her while she was bathing). In the drama, there was a similar scene where RX was having a bath alone with flower petals in her bathtub. Fans' guess is that since YT accompanied RX almost everywhere, she knew first hand about this, and since YT was very close to 9th who in turn had a connection with 8th gang (&14th too), 14th might have learned this from YT. Well, if he was merely a friend like 13th, there wouldn't be any reason for him to be so meticulous to her liking and very private habit would there?

9) When RX stayed at 14th's manor, there were more than once that 14th got his hope up only to be dampened by RX's mentioning of 4th's name. This was also very suggestive of his quiet love for her.

So yeah, 14th was there all along, but his love isn't meant to be made public. It is meant to be the lotus cake, the one taken for granted, the one quiet & subtle. Judging from how many fans (including me) have missed his tell-tale signs, Tong Hua was very successful in crafting his side of the love story. 

It's simply the intention of the writer in Moon Lovers to make 14th's love more known.

• Like 12

Annyeong chingudeul!!  It's almost time for episode 15.

I think yesterday's baseball game set us back again in the ratings, but we can still do our part by showing continued support from the international community via Twitter and FB!

You can re-tweet my Tweet below or you can copy and paste the following into your Tweet:

Watch episode 15! 달의 연인-보보경심 려 짱 \^0^/ <3 Re-tweet to show your support #ScarletHeartRyeo #MoonLovers #eclipseSHR

Please don't forget: Our tagline in Hangul is very important , so if you retweet a post about SHR, always remember to include 

달의 연인-보보경심 려 or you can do #달의연인 #보보경심려

so that it will be included in any Naver search or trending activity. For us to be highlighted as I-fans, feel free to use English or your native language .

If you quote the tweet, don't forget the HT/Tagline ^_^

For Facebook, note the following:

For those of you who have FB accounts, please go to BOTH the SBS and Naver links below and post the following:

달의 연인-보보경심 려  짱 \^0^/  <3 Please like or repost to show your support #ScarletHeartRyeo #MoonLovers #eclipseSHR

Feel free to customize by adding to the message above...might be a good time to add your country. 

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow?div=pc_facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/NaverMobile/?fref=ts

@kuchie09 Please check your PM for troubleshooting guidance from our moderators.

@MadraRua Hello chingu! Time for roll call?

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

@soorani SBS tends to consider viewership ratings as the most important factor when giving awards at the end of the year, and most people expect JJH and LMH to be the highlight of this year. At this point, I would be surprised if there is even a table for MLSHR actors at the awards ceremony. It is truly sad...

Thank you for the answer, Ruizaio. 

Oh, that made my heart hurt for them! At this point, I wish they considered the viewership of other Asian countries like China and so on since it is being broadcasted at the same time there. But it is a wishful thinking =/ 

If I  remember well PMY and JCW won the best couple award at  KBS even tho Healer had low ratings. I hope we get at least that =(

• Like 8

5 hours ago, lupita311 said:

From the last three episodes we can see that we could never judge what the history books tell us, at least Hae Soo who was so afraid of the 4th Prince and tried to warn the others about him, she couldn't imagine the turn of events which lead to So turning against them, it is true So will end up killing his brothers, but there is a reason to it, first they plotted against their dad and then they killed one of the best kings so far, he had empathy, loyalty, he cared for his family and he wanted to do a good job and they killed him in a horrible way with Mercury, it was killing his brain no wonder he was seeing things and going crazy, that stuff is no joke.  Backstabbers stabbing each other it is horrible, even her only friend who thank her for making her a court lady and even gave her a birthday a gift was working against her, I for one blame the king, he had too many heirs to the throne and he didn't even raise them to be good people, then he died without a word of wisdom for them, now for each one of them to get a turn on that seat they will have to eliminate each other till there is only one left.  Even though the history books said he was cruel,I don't blame So for killing them, they were worst than him, they will eliminate the young ones first and then we know they will plot how to eliminate each other even though they are "allies" so So has to eliminate the older ones and please get rid of the queen and the sister too.  Even though according to history he marries his sister I bet it is another way to keep Soo alive.  At least in this mix of history and fantasy we can go back and see that some stuff some people did was a little justified.

Greetings... thinking about Ep 14 in my sleep (egads!)...  Yes, but, as the disclaimer at the beginning of the drama says, the drama takes a creative license to history.  As things are working out, the only "creative license" is that a woman from the future is the reason So kills his brothers.  Personally, I would have preferred a So who killed his brothers for, as you correctly state above, plotting against the King and Crown Prince with Eun dying in the cross-fighting.  At least this would retain for our hero his dignity.  The scenario that appears to be developing--and I could be wrong--makes So a love-struck fool who allows himself to be Yoo's "killing canine" and for those in this thread who object to the canine references with regard to So, those come directly from the dialogue and the writer, we're not making it up.  I understand the writer appears to be trying to make the case for So's eventual killing of not only his brothers but their etended families and he or she wants to make it appear that So was manipulated by his love for HS and his hand was forced to protect her.  Only this doesn't make sense.  Had not JiMong stopped So, he would have cut down Yoo at the end of Ep. 14 and Weasel would have run away, he wouldn't dare try to strike at HS without Yoo's protection.  Here's the other thing.  Both JiMong and  HS know the future.  Here I go back to Taejo's warning to HS to do nothing and allow history to take its course.  And HS tries to do this.  But it seems her very presence in the past is enough to change it.  Or is it.  What about the Goryeo-HS, the one who is now taking our HS's place in the 21st Century.  Had not the eclipse transported our 21st Century darling to Goryeo, is it not possible that So would have fallen for Soo anyway.  But JiMong and HS know the future, remember, so they know that the king after Moo will be So.  History is changed not because of their actions but because of their in-actions, or rather, because JiMong stops So from killing Yoo.

At present, we now have a situation where the actual history has been changed because Yoo is now king after Moo and before So. This attempt to keep to the history has actually resulted in a situation where the writer has given us an alternative history where someone who never was King becomes King.

Now, I think I read somewhere this is one of the first dramas made with Hollywood investors and that, obviously, is because of the popularity of the genre.  I think the beauty of the first half of this drama had something to do with that fact that the drama was written to appeal to a broader-than-Korean audience so it doesn't really matter what the Korean rating numbers are.  But to hold the entire story together for the international audience, the pieces have to fit together in the story.  Beauty, romance, intrigue are all fine and good but if the package doesn't make sense, your international audiences are going to be frustrated and you may lose that viewership.  For instance, my mother sent me my first drama, Winter Sonata, while I was living in Rome.  I shared it with my colleagues.  Everyone loved it.  Until the scene where Yujin leaves the ticket to New York on the airport bench and flies off to Paris to study advanced Interior design.  At that scene, everyone lost it.  The thinking was, the love of your life is facing death or blindness and rather than go to him, you go off to study wallpaper and upholstery...  For all of us, the entire drama was nonsense just because of that one scene.  Now, perhaps it makes sense to Asians, and something gets lost in the translation but a drama designed to appeal to broader-than-Korean audiences should take those sensibilities into consideration.

Well, that's my two cents in the middle of the night... Now back to bed... 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Chickpea said:

Greetings... thinking about Ep 14 in my sleep (egads!)...  Yes, but, as the disclaimer at the beginning of the drama says, the drama takes a creative license to history.  As things are working out, the only "creative license" is that a woman from the future is the reason So kills his brothers.  Personally, I would have preferred a So who killed his brothers for, as you correctly state above, plotting against the King and Crown Prince with Eun dying in the cross-fighting.  At least this would retain for our hero his dignity.  The scenario that appears to be developing--and I could be wrong--makes So a love-struck fool who allows himself to be Yoo's "killing canine" and for those in this thread who object to the canine references with regard to So, those come directly from the dialogue and the writer, we're not making it up.  I understand the writer appears to be trying to make the case for So's eventual killing of not only his brothers but their etended families and he or she wants to make it appear that So was manipulated by his love for HS and his hand was forced to protect her.  Only this doesn't make sense.  Had not JiMong stopped So, he would have cut down Yoo at the end of Ep. 14 and Weasel would have run away, he wouldn't dare try to strike at HS without Yoo's protection.  Here's the other thing.  Both JiMong and  HS know the future.  Here I go back to Taejo's warning to HS to do nothing and allow history to take its course.  And HS tries to do this.  But it seems her very presence in the past is enough to change it.  Or is it.  What about the Goryeo-HS, the one who is now taking our HS's place in the 21st Century.  Had not the eclipse transported our 21st Century darling to Goryeo, is it not possible that So would have fallen for Soo anyway.  But JiMong and HS know the future, remember, so they know that the king after Moo will be So.  History is changed not because of their actions but because of their in-actions, or rather, because JiMong stops So from killing Yoo.

At present, we now have a situation where the actual history has been changed because Yoo is now king after Moo and before So. This attempt to keep to the history has actually resulted in a situation where the writer has given us an alternative history where someone who never was King becomes King.

Now, I think I read somewhere this is one of the first dramas made with Hollywood investors and that, obviously, is because of the popularity of the genre.  I think the beauty of the first half of this drama had something to do with that fact that the drama was written to appeal to a broader-than-Korean audience so it doesn't really matter what the Korean rating numbers are.  But to hold the entire story together for the international audience, the pieces have to fit together in the story.  Beauty, romance, intrigue are all fine and good but if the package doesn't make sense, your international audiences are going to be frustrated and you may lose that viewership.  For instance, my mother sent me my first drama, Winter Sonata, while I was living in Rome.  I shared it with my colleagues.  Everyone loved it.  Until the scene where Yujin leaves the ticket to New York on the airport bench and flies off to Paris to study advanced Interior design.  At that scene, everyone lost it.  The thinking was, the love of your life is facing death or blindness and rather than go to him, you go off to study wallpaper and upholstery...  For all of us, the entire drama was nonsense just because of that one scene.  Now, perhaps it makes sense to Asians, and something gets lost in the translation but a drama designed to appeal to broader-than-Korean audiences should take those sensibilities into consideration.

Well, that's my two cents in the middle of the night... Now back to bed... 

Based on actual history, Yo is the king after Mu.

• Like 8

Guys, i already watched Episode 14. Sorry i can't back-read so many pages, i liked your comments. :wub: Many things happen in this episode and here are some of my thoughts and comments. Lol this is going to be a long posts. Posting what I want to say in this one post. 

1) This drama has deep emotional scarring 

What happen to Wang So when he is a kid and what is happening to the Crown Prince's daughter are unimaginable. When the Crown Prince said no one will protect us in the palace I was deeply sad about it. It was dog-eats-dog world, doesn't it?

2) Wang So and Hae Soo relationship

I love how romance relationship is being portrayed in this drama. They have crush on each other at the beginning episodes, slowly falling into relationship then quarrel due to unfortunate circumstances and then patch back. It is realistic. However, Im not sure how it will turn out like I mentioned in the previous post when Wang So knows Hae Soo loved Wook before. Will he turned in ruthless Gwangjong or he came to forgive Hae Soo? Also, I like them both because they are good people, both like to be honest and do not want bad things to occur to the people around them. And they understand each other's values. 

3) I have said before that Wang So make the best King

He has strong moral compass than any of the Princes. He is strong, dignified and he is smart. And most importantly he has a heart compared to the so many evil, insane, power-craze people around him. He made the decision to marry the Crown Prince's daughter not just because of he pities the child but also because of political reason (subdue the  Queen Yo's clans). But what actually affect him the most is Hae Soo. Yet like many occurrences and in future episodes, it affects him the most that he has to not consider Hae Soo's feelings in order to stop his brothers. I pity him when he said he is like the wolf who has been leashed by the crazy people around him. What a sad life it is, to have to choose between the one you love or for your country.  

4) Fantastic supporting casts

The actor who acted as the Crown Prince acted his role very well, as a sad, nice but loving elder brother in the beginning episodes. And when he acted as a near-the-brink of craziness (mental breakdown) with the mercury poisoning but more so of the betrayal of the people around him (Wook and Wang Won). Same praises for other past supporting actors like Lady Oh, Myung Hee and Taejo. Jimong as well. I was sadden by the scene whereby Ji Mong take over the crown prince's body. Oh yes, some says that the episodes should be longer than 20 episodes since there are so many characters and we can't see their full development. I agree. I don't watch long series episode but exception can  be made for this one. 

5) Directing/editing

I will just like to point the amazing cinematography in this episode. With the falling leaves as the backdrop. Lovely and heart-fluttering. There's this one scene whereby the Crown Prince is sending the daughter away to Khitan and Wang So was there. When the Crown Prince ask Wang So to marry the kid and Wang So is thinking of Hae Soo's feeling then we move on to the next scene showing Hae Soo is waiting for Wang So. Amazing cinematography and directing/editing. It tugs my heart. Like I can feel Wang So's feeling. Like bittersweet. And the boat scene against the daylight. :wub:

6) Fantastic OSTs - The OSTs for this drama are all great. It is one of the legacy of the drama. I can hear onto them once the drama ends. :(:wub:

7) On the trajectory of the drama - "The place where one dies when trusting others and live of doubting those close to you".

I put in spoiler, too long post. 

Spoiler

I have not watched the original Chinese version. I just read the synopsis in Wiki. I hope what the PD said is true about this drama that the journey of the story between Wang So and Hae Soo is sadder but the ending will be happy and good. I believe this if not PD-nim I am going to revolt at SBS. And LJG has mentioned they make changes to the original so I hope we don't get sad ending like the Chinese version. Though, there will be more betrayal on coming episodes. I hope Hae Soo will know about Chaeryung. :angry: And about the letter, it is so iffy not sure it has to do in affecting Hae and Soo relationship. On Jung, I hope he will stay by Hae Soo/Wang So side. PD-nim, I need more lovey dovey scenes.  I can't guess what happen next. Though, what I see is that both Wang So and Hae Soo wants freedom more than anything. Wang So has no choice being the King in Goryeo dynasty but at different time and space he can have it. So there should be a modern scene where they will be together, at a different time and place, where they both has freedom, no throne and crazy people, and love. Jaebal PD-nim. 

P.S. I remember one comment from the Naver that said "PD-nim, why the preview is more heart-fluterring than the episode"...I agree lol. I like this great saying - "When the water runs dry, sit and watch for the rising clouds" - there is hope and silver lining even amidst deep unfortunate and negative circumstances. I hope Wang So held onto this and that they will meet in the future at different time and place. LOL I am hopeless at wanting a positive and happy ending for our dear crossed lovers. 

• Like 23

35 minutes ago, q4q4 said:

Ugh I keep ignoring the whole marry YH before he ascends or right when he ascends the throne thing.. he probably doesn't consider himself technically a married man since he only considers one woman as his one true love ;)

Which leads to my other theory where he would put his hair up only after he and Soo secretly get married. Bah I dunno anymore, this drama gives hints that make me think that it would possibly lead one way but leads to a completely different way lol 

That would definitely satisfy me! I hope your theory comes true and I'm sure WS would do something like that. The way he wore the mask for 1 year while he was away from HS shows that he does what he believes in (does that make sense). So I think even if he's married when he get's married to HS he will put his hair up. Although in a BTS photo I remember seeing YH and WS in wedding gowns and WS had his hair up. I really hope that that isn't because he's getting married to YH but because he's already married secretly to HS. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I hope Yo die soon... Won die soon.... Wook die soon.... Crazy eomma die soon....  And Hae Soo also die.... Then let the story begin at present Seoul...  

I keep convincing my self that this is a drama that I should enjoy the up and down... But seeing my So to be treated like that... I really wish all of names above die soon.... 

@Yippeuni Whoaaa.. arent we bloody now? Is this Asian Game of Thrones? :D

1 hour ago, liddi said:

This scene already aired in Ep14 international version, so you should be able to see it on Dramafever. It was not in the SBS version. The DF translations of this scene is as follows:

QHB: A rebellion? Did you just say rebellion?
WW: I brought you here in case you got injured. You can return to the palace once things settle down.
YH: How can you help our third brother? He will come after us once he is on the throne.
WW: It is better than So being on the throne. Yo reached out to me first and we still have use for each other. He won't be able to kill us.
YH: How can you believe that?
QHB: I did not raise my son to be a traitor. You have let me down.
WW: I had to commit treason in order to protect you and our family. If you wanted to live in a dignified way, you shouldn't have burdened me.
QHB: Is this because of Hae Soo? I'm asking you if Hae Soo had anything to do with the decisions that you made.
WW: Yes. I did consider her. It is because of her.

The true nature of Wook.
First, he blames his family for making him a traitor and then he actually willingly choose the wrong side. He must have been in too deep to realize how wrong the whole thing is. What makes Wook think that? It is better Yo than So?!?! So doesnt trust Wook, yes maybe because of that then Wook's position is vulnerable, but So would not betray his own brothers over a throne, whereas Yo did. I guess a snake can recognize his own kind when he sees it. :huh: 

1 hour ago, mochimaniac said:

yeah, there is another scene i either missed or waiting on ...where the bracelet WW gave Su was given back?  it was shown in previews from way back, remember?

As much as I hate it, I'm still convinced it's So who will break the bracelet. The moment he finds out about Wook and So. I have this fear that its Wook who told So about his relationship with Soo and taunting him, making So really angry at Soo and Wook. At least, thats how usually happens in a drama. 

43 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

I don't think the mask scene will be after WS becomes king. I remember WS's hair being in a ponytail meaning he hasn't married YH yet and I heard that he marries YH before he becomes king. But I love your idea of So-Soo reuniting to see fireworks, I thought of that too!! :) 

Speaking of WS's marriage, he's already married to CP's daughter right? Why isn't his hair up then? CP said that since his daughter is young she will be WS's 2nd wife, is that why? 

Hold on, I'm in denial and I need someone to smack me into senses. 
When do we establish that YH will become his Queen when he's becoming King? Yes, he probably marry her because of her clan's power. But the wedding can happen later, right?
During Yo's reign, there will be revolts, lead by So BA and Gen Park. But Yo will not die in battlefield. He will die because of disease/poisoning - I'm guessing under YH's hand. And I'm guessing again that before his death, YH (def not Wook) will force Yo to abdicate his power to So. YH can foresee if these things happening, she can have BOTH So and the title Queen. What more could a highly ambitious and scheming girl want. While on the grand mission, she will do a less complicated mission - ruining Soo so that the path to So's heart will be even wider. Wait, perhaps she's the one who's telling So about Soo and Wook!

Whoooaaaa... !!!! I'm getting ahead of myself. :blink: :crazy: 

• Like 11

I just finished watching SBS version in 720p and it totally changed a lot of things!! The flow in SBS version was waaaaaaaay smoother compare to the international version and the background music is complementing the mood of each scene. I've watched ep14 3 times (raw, international ver and lastly SBS ver) and only now I cried when watching it. When Soo received the poem from So through Baek Ah (with additional help with background music by Lee HI) I can finally feel her heart broken, her desperation, her helplessness about the situation. And with So haven't explain anything to her doesn't help with the situation at all. It's like being left behind ... twice!! She can only longingly looking at his writing and copy the poem, in which I think is her desperation mode to get other meaning, other explanation from him. It just break my heart seeing Soo cry all alone in her room, thinking about her 4th prince. But thank god the angst resolve quickly and very well indeed (with addition of a hot kiss)

• Like 21