[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I understand why Hae Soo rejects Wang So's proposal. She has many reasons for her refusal:

- Wang Wook had already proposed to her and in the end, she was betrayed

- Lady Oh's death: The court lady had warned her that she was blind and she shouldn't trust the marriage proposal from Wang Wook. Lady Oh's death has such an impact on Hae Soo. She lost her mother and she can't forget that if she had followed lady Oh's advice (leaving the palace), the latter wouldn't have died because of her. So as a sign of respect towards lady Oh, she wants to follow her mother's advice: cut all the ties with the princes.

- She can't trust anyone any longer. This was the second advice from lady Oh. She is following her advice. 

Moreover, if she accepted Wang So's proposal, this would make her look like an easy woman. She needs time to forget Wang Wook. She can't jump to the next ship so quickly!

Exactly. Soo just needs time. Wook hurt her bad. For her to just say yes right after would be bad too, soo need time to heal so she can have a healthy relationship with so. 

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I understand why Hae Soo rejects Wang So's proposal. She has many reasons for her refusal:

- Lady Oh's death: The court lady had warned her that she was blind and she shouldn't trust the marriage proposal from Wang Wook. Lady Oh's death has such an impact on Hae Soo. She lost her mother and she can't forget that if she had followed lady Oh's advice (leaving the palace), the latter wouldn't have died because of her. So as a sign of respect towards lady Oh, she wants to follow her mother's advice: cut all the ties with the princes.

- She can't trust anyone any longer. This was the second advice from lady Oh. She is following her advice. 

Moreover, if she accepted Wang So's proposal, this would make her look like an easy woman. She needs time to forget Wang Wook. She can't jump to the next ship so quickly!

You're reasoning actually makes perfect sense. If any of these reasons do happen to be why HS rejects WS then I hope she tells him this. Although I don't think that's going to happen but in my wildest imagination HS will tell WS the reason, WS being WS will continue to patiently pursue her and when WS successfully manages to destroy every possible reason HS has for rejecting him they will secretly live happily ever after in a village defying history. 

• Like 16

54 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

If Hae Soo rejects Wang So then what was her reason!?!?!?

Concubine Oh?? If it is then please let Wang So know, I'm sure he'll understand...

I have been reading quietly for sometimes and I have officially abandoned the Soo-So ship since episode 10. Tbh, I don't understand why Wang So has to propose marriage when he is aware of the facts that there are so many things going on in Haesoo's life. Somehow, I miss the reserved Wang So who always look cool. I don't like him doing extreme chasing. He devalues himself when he was so "hard to get" type when the drama started. I would prefer for the drama to progress with Haesoo falling for him naturally now that Wook is out of the picture. Wouldn't it be nice if marriage proposal never to take place at all at this juncture? I feel that the writer went overboard with Wang So's possesiveness. I guess, the drama will only serve us 6 episodes of romance between our OTP, the last two episodes will be reserved for her disdain towards Wang So once he becomes the ruthless Gwangjong. I hate that Lee Jun Ki doing the chasing, in my book, no girl can ever say no to LJK. This is beyond logic.

• Like 16

was watching the marathon and i have a theory! A few episodes back, HS had several startling revelations about WS as GJ which started right after the rain ritual. However, in the following episode, this plot line got sidelined but i have a feeling it is going to return. 

Spoiler

by helping WS conceal his scar, HS has changed history and accelerated WS's claim to the throne. If not for the missing scar, WY would not have been shocked and would lead the rain ritual instead of WS, hence gaining the approval of the people and succeed the CP as king after the CP dies of ill health (as per what was written in history)

Because of HS, WS became the one who conducted the ritual and gained the approval of the people instead, thus she made him the 2nd king to succeed the throne after CP. because she made a big change in history, thats why she starts seeing visions of WS being cruel, and killing the 10th prince, things that WY, the original 2nd king was supposed to do (as listed in history).

However, as we know history cannot change, so something will happen later on that will cover the crack in history that HS made. My guess is WS and Baekha will plot to take down CP's enemies (WY and WW). If WS and BH's plan worked, then WS will kill off the CP's enemies and succeed the CP after he dies of illness. however, HS, still having feelings for WW, will warn him of the impending attack and ends up sabotaging WS and BH. The plan will go very wrong and CP will be killed as a result. somehow, HS will right history again by helping WW and WY attain the upper hand which allows WY to rightfully succeed the throne after CP. Although history is set back on course, and HS's visions will stop, WS will be deeply affected by the loss of the CP, and this will be the start of an insurmountable rift between WS and HS that will propel the story to its eventual conclusion, one that is similar to the C version (both love each other deeply, but hurt each other so much they can no longer be together.)

Just a prediction, i am just so involved in this drama that i keep trying to forecast what will happen in the show....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Diana Blanche said:

This bothers me too. We've had 11 episodes to see how Wang Wook has lured her with his words and his lovey-dovey gestures. And it seems that even in the next two episodes we will not see any gesture of affection from her towards Wang So. All I hope is that in the episodes who will be left Hae Soo will accept Wang So love in the end and the interaction between her and him to be mutual and intense. But I still question myself if she will accept Wang So because she really loves him or because she feels grateful towards him. Will it be love or gratitude? I hope with all my heart to be love.

You aren't alone in this. I do find the chemistry between Hae Su and Wang So to be intense but from one side only. It might have something to do with Lee Jun Ki's micro-expressions that shifts from love, madness, hurt and understanding all at once and Hae Su's one note wide eyed response. I don't expect her to fall in love with him at once keeping in mind her response for the past 11 episodes which has oscillated from fear to understanding back to pity to understanding to fear again. Not once did I feel an underlying subtle shift in her emotions to something romantic. So I feel this part is going to be delicate for them all. From Hae Su's part, the fear has to give way for understanding and gratitude with her acknowledging that Wang So has a kind side. All this will have to morph into deep love. I am unsure how that will be accomplished. But I hope they'll do it well and it'll be a swift but believable transition that will feel natural.

• Like 16

26 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Agree with majority's opinion. HS refusing WS's proposal is the most logical decision she has to make as @bebebisous33 has mentioned above. She just got her heart broken so she would not be so easily commit to another. 

I've been watching many interviews of the cast recently and try to glimpse the plot of upcoming episode. I notice that the love triangle is mentioned in later part of the drama. It's true that until ep 11, WS does not even aware of WW and HS. He thought it was BA and he doesnt ask who is HS's love interest. When he finally knows he will get super jealous and possessive *tingling - which leads him wanting the throne. 
Note: it makes me curious, exactly when will WS realize HS's feeling towards WW? She doesnt say it, he doesnt say it. Then how does he know?

Some of you mention that it's only 9 episodes left for us to see WS and HS's relationship grows. But timeline-wise, it'd be years for them to grow their intense love towards each others. If the half part of the shows move in weeks or months, then the second part moves in months or years even. I just hope that during WM's reign, HS's feeling towards WS grow deeper.. fast!

HS's personality will definitely not be as sassy, active, and fearless as the earlier episodes. She has grown from a girl to mature woman. Living in the palace certainly make people grow old fast. Not to mention, experiencing all sorts of ups and downs. If she does return to the future, she's a 25 years old woman with a 40ish yo wisdom. 

• Like 17

@LyraYoo  Someone noticed that

15 hours ago, itzibitzispider said:

Hmmm .... did anyone notice?

Maybe and I am just slow

*won'tquoteapicture*

In the scene, where WS steps up to HS to shield her from the rain ... he steps on her dress ... even if she tried ever so hard to crawl to LadyOh ... she would not come far, as her dress is caught underneath WSs boot (sly move WS)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Let's put away all the fancraze about how the drama will end too soon and that there is not enough time to develop the story and look at it objectively. THE NOVEL HAS ONLY SOME 250 PAGES (this is not some epic saga like Tolstoy's, it started as an internet novel)! AND THEY HAVE 20 HOURS TO ADAPT IT. Peter Jackson had only some 8-9 hours to adapt the 1000+ LOTR trilogy.

The cdrama had 35 45-minute episodes = 1575 minutes = 26x60-minute episodes. RX accepted the 4th Princes feelings in episodes 22-23 which is approx. around the 1035-minute mark=17th EPISODE. SO THE KOREAN VERSION IS PERFECTLY ON TIME AND KEEPING TRUE TO THE GRADUAL DEVELOPMENT.

(By the way, I can't believe I just used math to prove my point. I mean this show is making us go completely nuts, I think the comment that perfectly sums this up is the one I received when I wrote about the solar eclipses occuring in the years 941 and 975 and added the NASA link -  "when your otp ending looks so bleak you science your way to a happy ending")

I'm really sorry for cutting your post short and I have to admit that I am really impressed with the calculations you have done. Although I do have to say, I think that you can't compare the two dramas directly in terms of the minutes that they have since they are different proportionally in terms of length. To make better sense of this: 
As you said:

35 x 45-minute eps in C-drama = 1575 minutes

RX accepts 4th prince's feelings ep 22-23 = 1035 minute mark 

Percentage drama progressed when RX accepts 4th prince's feelings:

1035/1575 x 100 = 65.7% 

20 x 60-minute eps in K-drama = 1200 minutes

Number of minutes passed at 65.7%:

0.675 x 1200 = 810 mins

Number of episodes at 810 mins:

810/60 = 13.5

Therefore if the C-drama and K-drama were to run proportionally (which they don't), HS would accept WS feelings at ep 13-14
Please don't get me wrong @briseis , I have no means to offend you in fact I am impressed by your calculations and they inspired me to carry that on. I hope you don't misunderstand. 

• Like 20

@fathiayunia

Yes, I can accept it if it was like a did you even miss me when I was kneeling in the rain and you walked away (like you pointed out). But if it is going to be a I still miss you and want to be with you thing, I think I will just jump off the OTP ship. Lol 'cause that is beyond stupid of HaeSoo. To still want to be with a man like that. Wook and her probably deserve each other then. And I will just root for our beloved dog wolf Wang So alone. Here is to tomorrow's episode. Hope that we won't be disappointed by Ms Hae Soo.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, lavendre said:

@fathiayunia

Yes, I can accept it if it was like a did you even miss me when I was kneeling in the rain and you walked away (like you pointed out). But if it is going to be a I still miss you and want to be with you thing, I think I will just jump off the OTP ship. Lol 'cause that is beyond stupid of HaeSoo. To still want to be with a man like that. Wook and her probably deserve each other then. And I will just root for our beloved dog wolf Wang So alone. Here is to tomorrow's episode. Hope that we won't be disappointed by Ms Hae Soo.

I can understand how you feel, I'm going to be angry at HS too if that's the case. If things go as you say then I think it must be something like HS misunderstanding Wook in some way. She might not clearly see his betrayal or something like that. Although that is quite a hard things to do since it was a clear - NOT HELPING YOU WITH THAT - but I guess I'm just trying to justify Hae Soo actions if things go as you say... But still doesn't change the fact that I'd be angry at her. 

• Like 11

if you watch the long preview (6 minute trailer), some scenes are shown but also some voice overs of things that are said in the drama. And in one of the voice overs she says "how amazing would it be if we met in a different world, at a different time"-- I think this line is something she says to wang so when they are finally mutually in love.  Don't lose hope guys! Its taking forever for the OTP ship but remember, Wook is just now getting out of the picture. It won't be believable if she's all over wang so right now, it'll take time but it'll happen!! I guess just not in ep 12-13. Sigh... ^_^ 

• Like 21

2 hours ago, privio said:

If this really true, I wanna shake HS so hard and screaming "WHY DID YOU DO IT???!!! DONT'T YOU KNOW HE ALREADY CHOOSE HIS AMBITION OVER YOU??!! HE ALREADY LEAVE YOU ALONE IN THE RAIN FOR GOD's SAKE!!! WHY???!!!!!" :angry:

But, HS certainly have "recently-broke-up syndrome" if she ask Wook if he misses her, you know the kind that call your ex and ask him "did you miss me? I miss you". It usually last for some months before she realize how pathetic she is. (and realize there's another fishes in the ocean). it understandable, but stil WHY Hae Soo???? WHY???? THERE'S Wang Soo THAT LOVE YOU MORE THAN HIS LIFE!!!! WHY?????!!! :bawling:  *end of my self delution tirade*

Maybe she needs WW to turn his back on her one more time. If this happens, I hope she eventually slips while doing the laundry and hits her head to wake her up from her delusion.

• Like 18

Haha everybody is freaking out that its already 11episodes with one sided Love from WS yet HS still cannot sort her feelings yet!!!

OK! I understand HS is in deep pain right now and she needs some time to heal...for that I approved her with chances to recover in one or maximum two more episodes only!!!! Pleaseeee HS aaaaahh after episode 13, please switch the ship and board the ship with WS and please let WW ship sink deep down by himself.....

We are craving for more WS HS moments.....♡♡♡

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Maybe she needs WW to turn his back on her one more time. If this happens, I hope she eventually slips while doing the laundry and hits her head to wake her up from her delusion.

Omg you are so funny. What you said is so true. She needs to hit her head to jolt her into reality. Lol.

• Like 11