[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

so HS is from a rich and powerfull familly...her parents were dead and after her cousin died her uncles wanted to marry her with an old goat,the king...hopping they will have a son ...horrible familly the Haes!i CAN'T WAIT MONDAY...I LOVE HS AND WS SCENES...She is the only one that understands him,she hates that he kills people but knows he has no choice if he wants to survive

• Like 16

16 minutes ago, Adnana said:

Actually, if you look at the pics I posted above, WS's outfit during the rain ritual (white robes, and an over-layer that is more yellow-ish) looks exactly like what he's wearing when he hugs HS later in the evening. Also his hairstyle looks the same. And important detail: when WS hugs HS in that pavillion, it is raining. It makes sense for it to rain immediately after the rain ritual led by WS, since he's gonna be the next major king and all (spoiler alert), and this will prove that he is favored by the heavens.

Okay... hope you're right. Would be verrrrrrry nice. But I won't get too excited until I see it happen. ;) Once bitten twice shy and all that kind of thing.

I love hugs... lots and lots of them would sustain me through the dark periods of this drama.

Great... now we'll definitely be spending the entire weekend analyzing that photo... :lol:

• Like 20

It seems like the discussions are slowing down here! We are all anticipating episode 8 & 9 it seems ;) The weekend is coming up! That means we have 3 more days until new episodes!

@Joongier omg I bursted out laughing after seeing your post XD

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why IU promoting the drama with her real name is such a significance? 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, tatty said:

It seems like the discussions are slowing down here! We are all anticipating episode 8 & 9 it seems ;) The weekend is coming up! That means we have 3 more days until new episodes!

@Joongier omg I bursted out laughing after seeing your post XD

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why IU promoting the drama with her real name is such a significance? 

The director suggested using her real name because all other names were Hangul except hers.

• Like 11

Based on episode 7 I want to share my thought. 

Based on the convo between the general and King Taejo, its obvious for me that So is the his first pick for become the crown prince. But since the crazy mom went AWOL and ruined So face (on the night King Taejo about to marry a new wife - so the king is about to marry a new wife on the night crazy mom lost her first born a.k.a the 2nd prince...instead staying mourning with her the king choose to get marry again that's why she become crazy like that and put a scar on So face for i don't know the reason why....) So out from the crown league because of the scar in his eye. 

I still don't quite accept the fact that someone with scar is disgrace in this kingdom. 

But I see the king still see So potential, then even So send to Shinju, where the Kang concubine from, the king still has his eyes on So. Proven on he personally order the general to teach So martial art directly by him. Well the king can send a warrior, a fighter who ever and he still can have them shut their mouth for tutoring So, but he ask the top man which is the general to teach his son secretly behind crazy eomma known. 

I love how open So is in front of HS, the way he is communicating with her is show how comfort he is around her. 

• Like 17

13 hours ago, theonlyone88 said:

I would say that this character as of now is not very developed yet however based on what she said so far and the bits of information that has to be given, you can say that Yeon Hwa has a strong trauma based on being chased out, hiding and almost dying ( Wang Wook mentioned when he first killed somebody). As such, she has a strong sense of insecurity and fears getting abandoned or killed at any point of time, thus to her if you look at it from the perspective of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, she still has not fulfilled basic needs of security to bother about higher order needs like love and care and concern for others. 

Thus, while she may prefer Wang So if she is to marry anyone, she is very realistic about things, thus, her primary aim at present is to get Wang Wook to be king as they are direct siblings. She still has some hope that she can marry Wang So thus all the attempts to test the water with him through her questions but this does not override her survival needs thus he has to fit into the bigger scheme of things ie being socially acceptable and moving towards direction of being king. 

Fundamentally, the reason why she acts differently from Hae Soo e.g. reaction towards Wang So's face is probably the case of conditioning and values. In modern society, it comes from a place of trust and though news and social media, we are exposed to various images thus a face like Wang So is probably no big deal and Hae Soo can believe the way she behave despite the betrayal she received from her boyfriend and good friend is due to the fact that she generally still trust people. However, during the Goryeo era, people especially royals probably are kept rather isolated and do not trust other people in general, thus given the taboo in seeing people who are scarred, it is probably the first time Yeon Hwa and the princes are seeing a scarred people which makes their reaction actually perfectly normal. In that upbringing, conditioning and level of distrust, it is also not surprise that the people are all generally self-centered, cold and unhelpful as being helpful and kind gives others the feeling that you are easily bullied or weak.

In general, thus, I do think that Yeon Hwa's behaviour as far is actually quite expected and if she was to actually accept Wang So for who he is, then that would truly be out of character.

Thank you @theonlyone88 for your additional comment! I thing we are more on the same page about YH's motivation.

Dear @bebebisous33 I said "Yes, she wants to change him but more so that he is accepted by society and not for her own selfish gain (YET)" =D I think if she would get the chance the next thing she would do is to groom him for the throne but we are far from that at the moment.
YH doesn't want to accept him as he is because she thinks that status and being accepted by society is more important that finding yourself and being happy. Why? Because she was driven out of the palace and had a very shitty time, plus she is a woman with not a lot of power in the palace that can be shipped of anywhere that's why she is quite bitter and obsessed about it.
I don't think that YH wants to tame SO just to have an animal to manipulate later (again, there are better options than him). Her words may say that but actions and behavior do not reflect that. 
SO is probably interested in the Crown but this chances are way smaller at the moment that YO's. Why would YH a rational and realistic person even consider to go for a such complicated options like SO to become Queen?? Because she loves him duh =P ... Like @theonlyone88 said: "She still has some hope that she can marry Wang So thus all the attempts to test the water with him through her questions but this does not override her survival needs thus he has to fit into the bigger scheme of things ie being socially acceptable and moving towards direction of being king". 

• Like 9

17 hours ago, aine7 said:

Dear all, you never cease to amaze me with your amazing insights and analysis, your sharp sense of observation, and analytical skills.

To be honest sageuks were never my cup of tea, but this one is really stirring my interest. 1. Cinematography: I love it. Cinematographer and location manager did an amazing job. I mean sometimes I really question myself...these places really exist or is just CG? And, if they exist... I do hope to see them this life, preferably. Coming back to cinematography: 1. the fighting scene in the temple was brilliantly mastered. Impeccable choreo, interesting filming angles, quick changes, but still fluid and coherent. I was impressed. 2. Temple in fire: was another sequence that I loved to pieces. And the most subtle and beautifully done, in terms game of colors and textures, and emotions attached to it: Hae Soo & Wang So riding through the fog in their failed attempt to run away. The scene of Hae Soo and Wang Wook walking through snow ..so much with so little.

Cast: I’ve seen both Lee Jun Ki and IU in few dramas. Well, nothing memorable for me. Till Moon Lovers. Man, I do have to admit that Lee Jun Ki is splendid in this role. Those intense eyes, and subtle movements and slight stance changes, beside the impressive sword and riding skills... wow, just wow. IU is simply adorable and fresh and natural, and gives a subtle combination of naïveté, and blatant trust and honesty, and courage. 

Versions/Editing. Never bother me. Au contraire. It’s like a treasure hunt. It could have been an interesting marketing and PR tool. However, I love the idea of discovering few apparently small changes here and there. It makes the experience more compelling. And you, dear soompiers, you do the rest: keeping this puzzle together, finding the small treasures beyond cuts and editing, digging into the depths of this story and creating the viewer’s story of the story.

P.S. If there is something that keeps haunting me, is that “shireunde” with a tilt of head and a sword in the hand. Korean language has never ever sounded more sexier and arousing than on that very moment. It left me breathless. 

Thumbs up to this, especially the highlighted part. And here I thought I was the only one who keeps on coming back to that scene & line. Never thought that sinister could be that sexy... ;)

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

lol... same here.. he can blast off Wook to stay away from HS this time and many much more fantasies going in my head....longing and waiting is getting harder... another 3 days and 6 hours and 30 minutes to go... *shall go to re-watch the WS scenes*

and yes i got up around three back but real life kept me away to login earlier... now m here for another 3 hours before heading for offc.

same to same..

and what I think is... all are in palace and even if WW will ask WS to leave HS, WS will refer that this is Palace and not WWs home where everyone belonged to him and surely force him to back off cause in Palace everyone (including HS) belongs to WS...i can foresee possessive WS *i'd die seeing possessiveness in WS already*

Not yet. It's still belong to daddy dearest but soon my dear soon..

I just hope the prod team doing the editing superbly this time and give us our be-longing scenes. But they are all doing hard works already. So thank you to given us such a beautiful drama to watch \^0^/

Welcome back to the real world.. Or not (depending how are you feeling about the real world hehehe). 

• Like 10

@MAROSA_JIN

thanks for posting those gifs... and everytime i see WS bringing his face closer *so so sooooooo* close to HSs face my heart beat increases (even after knowing nothing happened) but these moments has so much chemistry - intensity - and feeeeelingssss *cant imagine how m gonna react after the real kiss stealing moment*

• Like 12

7 hours ago, ruzikie said:

this is Wang So and Soo ? Why he suddenly wear the white color ? Isn't Wookie instead ? @violet90

tumblr_ob96i8230l1vvy38go4_r1_250.gif

It's So and Soo and it's raining! :wub: 

So many beautiful scenes...0happycoeur.gif

Hi Everyone! :) Episode 7 was perfect. I want to end up on an island like the one at the beginning. How does it look like in RL, don't you know?

This scene... so many emotion..amazingly mesmerizing.  

Spoiler

WOW, I don't know which one I like better, the perplexed or the protecting So. I so wanna give him a hug. smiley_braslongs.gif

I loved reading yours, here is my two cents. 

After realizing that he has feelings toward Soo, he still has no control over his emotions as soon as he sees her again, but there is no time for happiness if Yo is present, so here comes the turn in his fate, no matter what, he can't stand seeing that child hurt by others. He took off his mask because of her and for her.

I felt sorry for him, but he needed this very much. He needs to be strong without it, because if it comes to his scar, he is like a vulnerable kid.

His last sentence to Soo is that he hates her look is so powerful. There is no fear or disgust in her eyes, but care. She cares for him like a mother cares for her child, so that concerned look in her eyes is new to him. That look is what he was always waiting for, but never received. He still thinks that there is no such a thing like a caring mother.         

Soo's singing was another great scene, I just loved that both 4th and 8th thought that she was singing for him. It touched them both but in different ways. LOL.

I love that this version is so different and unique. 14th acts like 13th, I love the CP here and Ruoxi/Soo is finally young and acts like a woman from the future. So far I think this version is much deeper and realistic.

I also like that there is another character from the future, but it looks like Choi Ji-Mong arrived earlier than Soo and knows the history better. He is the only one in the Palace who knows about 4th's fate.      

@Gabi Bros It's already out here http://dramacool.io/running-man-episode-314.html It was such a good episode of Running Man. 

Here is Peridot's Prince of Blood. :lol::wub:She is a very talented Japanese artist and fortunately likes to draw JG a lot. You can find a lot of shared art in JG's thread here or you may find her on IG. 

13767432_1772865536263061_904166404_n.jp

Spoiler

13651957_1090210487733241_1139773968_n.j

• Like 19

Based on Wikipedia entry on Gwangjong of Goryeo, this is what was written.

Family

• Father: King Taejo (태조)
  • Mother: Queen Sinmyeongsunseong (신명순성왕후)
  • Consorts:
  1. Queen Hae Soo
  • Children:
  1. King Gyeongjong (경종), 1st Son of Queen Hae Soo
  2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd Son of Queen Hae Soo
  3. Lady Chenchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter of Queen Hae Soo
  5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter of Queen Hae Soo

Wishful thinking?

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

Not yet. It's still belong to daddy dearest but soon my dear soon..

I just hope the prod team doing the editing superbly this time and give us our be-longing scenes. But they are all doing hard works already. So thank you to given us such a beautiful drama to watch \^0^/

Welcome back to the real world.. Or not (depending how are you feeling about the real world hehehe). 

thats correct still its not WWs place where he can claim HS as his person. So I think WS does have upper hand on WW in that matter.

Edting should be done carefully of this scene as its the only critical cliffhanger, with so much angst, so far among all episode with WS-HS in one frame and WW approaching them.

Lol..i'd prefer to be here forever....its place that gives me so much to laugh ang giggle about that i just forget that any other world exist outside but alas it does exist...

btw what are your plans to spend rest of the days till monday comes ?

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Family

• Consorts:
  1. Queen Hae Soo
  • Children:

Wishful thinking?

LOL LOL LOL.  Definitely.  He married his half sister.  Hmmmm . . .  is this a hint as to the end of this drama?  LOL.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@KdramaSwimmer I would like to reply to your last comment, especially about the last scene with the mask. Actually, there are more very different kind of reactions. You mentioned that Baek Ah and Crown and Yeon Hwa ignored him. I disagree with your description. Even before Wang So takes off his mask, Baek ah has already closed his eyes.                                                                           He is the only one who does that. From my point of view, Baek Ah is closing his eyes because he doesn't want to be part of Wang So's humiliation. He does that out of respect for Wang So. He knows that Wang So hates to show his scar, so by closing his eyes, he is trying not to hurt Wang So.                                            

Yeon Hwa had a different reaction: she saw his scar and looked away as if she was horrified and disgusted.

She is shocked, upset but I do think, she feels sorry for Wang So.    

The Crown Prince only looked straight and doesn't even look, which is almost a similar reaction to Baek Ah's: he doesn't want to hurt his brother's feelings. He is rather looking down so that the position of his head reveals his feelings. He is also hurt. So Baek Ah and Crown Prince never looked at Wang Yo the entire time and this shows us how much these two brothers have become close to Wang So and accepted him as brother. As for Wang Wook, he has also a different reaction:  Wang Wook looks at his brother and turns his gaze away.                          

By closing his eyes, Baek Ah is not ignoring Wang So's pain, quite the opposite. He doesn't want to be part of the humiliation. Then I would like to add that Wang Yo was not the only one who smiled. The 9th prince had a really similar reaction.                                                      Interesting is that this scene is the turning point in the brothers' relationship. Wang Eun might have hurt Wang So with his stupidity, however this will make him come closer to Wang So. His reaction is really telling. He realises his mistake and his facial expression shows pain.                            

In my opinion, Baek Ah showed respect, just like Crown Prince so that they will stay by Wang So's side. As for Wang Wook, I was surprised that after looking at Wang So very briefly, Wang Wook showed more embarrassement than pity. Finally, Wang Jung is starring at his brother and has no reaction, as if he doesn't know how to react.                                                                             So Wang Jung shows less feelings towards his own brother than Wang Eun. In my opinion, Wang Jung will join his brother Yo much later than the others: 9th and 8th prince. As conclusion, this event will leave such an impact on the brothers. Crown Prince, Wang Eun and Baek Ah will come to support Wang So. Wang Wook's reaction reveals the lack of empathy towards Wang So, while his sister asks an apology from Wang Eun immediately. The riff between the brother and sister is even more visible and palpable.   

Really - answering for your post means to delete so many Pictures... Hope I did not forget any... :D

As always I love your Comment :wub:- And YES!

Extremly for Baek Ah and CP - so much YES. The Moment it became clear that So will do it - Baek Ah closed his Eyes. For me that was the best what he could do - and he even said before that So should ignore it... So I hope So did not misread his reaction wrong. It´s not that BA is not able to look at him.. but he don´t want to be part of Yos evil plat (right!) and he don´t want to step on a weakness. Somehow I thought too that he felt a bit ashamed - that he could do nothing - and So helped him before.

CP is the one Person in the Room who was there when So was hurted. He knows the real Story behind. He knows who did that and what became of So. I loved how he spoke to Yo just after So left... just - I wish So would know that.

Jung is a difficult Person --- he first looke at So than he looked at eveyone else for a moment - checking there reaction. I do think he will later join Yo but I do feel like he has some kind of hidden sympathy for So. He rescued him. And this does not fit to all what he heard. And he somehow just have to learn that he was spoiled a lot - not knowing a lot.. I can´t blame him too much for that - it is like evil Queen close his Ears and Eyes to just let him be her enterteinment. To cherish her. On his Age I guess Yo already was pushed to to a lot things to achieve Queens Dreams later. (political wedding and so on...)

Jung really don´t know what do do... he is somehow lost... what happen now and how So acts and the Picture he had in his mind is not compatible. He is like - what is going on here - and why did Yo that?

I agree completly with Eun - he is shocked - he was a little child again - curious to find out something new. But he did not wanted to do any harm. Without thinking he just follow the lead and thought that might me exciting. And yes - I think he often wonders before what So is hiding. So here was his Chance. Pulling Soo in the boat was wrong... and it hurst So just more. But this Boy just don´t know anything right now. He will learn this lesson...

Won is the Brother I don´t like. And he proved me to be right again. His Present made clear what is importend for him too. It had to be something expensive. And he lookes at So as he is some sort of exotic Animal shown to the Audience for the first time. Disgusting but interesting and somehow it is amusing to watch the animal struggle. If this Brother will die later - I will not cry a tear.

I don´t have to say anything to Yo - his reaction is so clear. Ah he won... and he hurted So so much. Grrrrr!

Wook .... hmmm... not sure... looks like he had to take the chance to see it with his own eyes too but right after that he knows that is was a mistake. He can´t look at So like nothing happend - so he too avoid his Eyes. But I can´t see much empathy with him for So. Right.

As for Yeon Hwa... yes I think she was disgusted for a moment too... It feels like she somehow try to avoid the scar and the Story. She did not touch the mask even when she clean his face - like she try to concentrate only on the other half of his Face - and seeing the So he once was for her and who he is in her imagination. Not sure how to explain what I mean - It feels like she would rather present him the best looking mask  than to think about taking it off and loving him just like he is.

But she likes him --- and she had a good reaction toward Eun. But why do I feel it was easier for her do deal with Eun in that Moment than to deal with So?

Hae Soo like I see it - is the only one looking at him - not at his Scar - but Eye to Eye - and she feels his Pain and shows it even before he did. And he follows him without thinking...

I can´t say how much I love that scene - what is strange because it hurts so much to watch it... even after watching it so often now.

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, AuroraSky said:

LOL LOL LOL.  Definitely.  He married his half sister.  Hmmmm . . .  is this a hint as to the end of this drama?  LOL.

I found it weird because at the top part of the page, spouse was Queen Daemok but checking the bottom part of the page, no mention of her. LOL

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Family

• Consorts:
  1. Queen Hae Soo
  • Children:

Wishful thinking?

You seriously made me google it and it's written in the wiki! 

The historical Wang So really married Hae Soo? I'm confused. I thought HS is just a made-up character.

Someone enlighten me please, as I'm getting giddy with the anticipation of this possible ending.

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

thats correct still its not WWs place where he can claim HS as his person. So I think WS does have upper hand on WW in that matter.

Edting should be done carefully of this scene as its the only critical cliffhanger, with so much angst, so far among all episode with WS-HS in one frame and WW approaching them.

Lol..i'd prefer to be here forever....its place that gives me so much to laugh ang giggle about that i just forget that any other world exist outside but alas it does exist...

btw what are your plans to spend rest of the days till monday comes ?

WW still can claim HS as his because they are in a relationship at this moment. The prod team could make the scene different from what we expected like in the previous eps (ep 6 for instance. God, that ep is just ...) Not that WS will care about that but he might be shocked temporarily. Wook seem so sad losing his wife, for him to be in a relationship, let alone with his wife's cousin, can come out as a surprise for WS. Sure, Wook treat Soo differently but WS never had doubt about it and seem to think it is only because Soo is his wife's cousin, just like Wook said to him a couple of time. 

But that can be played in the drama too you know. WS could've think Wook only making HS a rebound thus he will approach HS more and start to making progress about himself to make HS thinks he's the better choice. It's a speculation but it's a juicy one isn't it?

My plan for the weekend.. Don't really have it but I will try to read this thread backwards. I skipped few pages before because it's moving so fast. I tried to read the history ones but it gave me headache. I only know the points just so I can understand better. Maybe I'll go on a date but WS and Wook are much irresistible than the guy in my real world. Hahaha... Ottoke.. This drama has ruin my life.

• Like 11