[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

25 minutes ago, arsdf said:

ohhh im so sorry... may i know how to not 'quote' the pict/video?

While quoting you have to delete manually all the photos or videos. If you don't want to quote the entire message of the person, you can tag the user so the post will be directed specially towards the persons tagged (@ next to the user you want to tag and it will appear automatically in a blue blox). The person will be notified that you mentioned them. 

Example: 

@arsdf

If you really need to talk about a photo someone posted, you can post it again in your message by copying the URL and then going to the button "Insert other media", "Insert Image from URL". 

:)

@LyraYoo I really need to know how to put Naver videos here. :) Please let me know. 

About the BTS I specially liked the cute reaction IU had when he was going to "kiss" her while practicing their parts. XD Hahahaha it was a funny reaction. 

• Like 16

Edited by LyraYoo
not related to drama
  • Like 12

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Enjoy the glory!

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2014/08/16/a-weakness-for-lee-jun-ki/

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2013/02/lee-jun-ki-and-his-hair.html

https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/march-2016-allure-lee-joon-gi-interview/

On good note: The man is considering doing romance (aka regular dramas) more!!..

I think very very very interesting times ahead for the fans..

@enigmatic_zephy  Yes I read and article a while back that he was going to switch genere, I would like to see LJK in more action drmas he was good in the one he done before.

Edited by LyraYoo
not related to drama
  • Like 7

This drama is my first encounter with Lee Junki. I was avoiding my self to know him before just because he has a BIG name. Honestly I just start watching this drama faithfully from ep 7th (or 8th). And now I'm doomed. Entering this forum make things worse. I even subscribed my email following this room and I have to delete endless email updates every morning.

But strangely I never unsubscribe and enjoy the massive updates torture on my inbox. :phew:

Love is just like that. Sometimes it's hurt but we're just too curious to continue the journey. Like our OTP love story, WangSo and HaeSoo.

Spoiler

Notes: waving to @valsava @LyraYoo @andy78 @bebebisous33 found your posts here also the reason why I'm back to soompi. Remind me a lot to the hilarious time in My Love From The Stars thread. Registered with a new ID because I can't login my old one from my phone. ^_^ Happy to see all of you again. And now I'm a fan of @40somethingahjumma too.

Ah, just saw another familiar name. Hi @briseis

• Like 23

I can't wait for next episode, watching bts and interview I could find on youtube. Do you guys know the full interview of this:

Or is that all of it? I like it because the interview is more casual than serious and they tease each other a lot.

• Like 22

@sunshinefate@special_bee Okay, another history post. LOL :heart: Off topic: I love history but I'm not a history major. :P 

In history, Hyejong (Crown Prince Moo) was a great man in battles but in politics, he was soft (or sybaritic, spineless,...something like that). So I assumed that he wasn't able to obtain the respect and trust from his brothers and subjects. So maybe Crown Prince Moo was selected as the crown prince because either he was the eldest surviving son or King Taejo felt that he could be trusted due to Crown Prince Moo's involvement in many battles. But most likely, he only had talents for battles, not politics and he did not have a powerful backing in-law family and possibly no one liked his political sense. He was indecisive and was not supported by a lot of people except one person (I don't know his name in English). When King Taejo died, he became the King. I think he did love his brothers because he didn't do anything when Wang Gyu (one of the royal family's relative) informed him of the conspiracies led by So and Yo. After knowing that Crown Prince Moo (Hyejong) didn't want to do anything to stop the potential revolt that could harm his life, Wang Gyu went and supported Yo and So. Yo and So had the support from their mother's family and their subjects held various important posts in the empire, they had a lot of influence. I assume that Hyejong probably knew about his weakness so that's why he didn't do anything even if it would harm his life. And it did mention that princes conspired to take the thrones, not just Yo and So. So maybe other princes did too like Wook, Jung, Won, Eun, Baek Ah,... We don't know who. Then he died of disease but it was also rumored that Yo and So poisoned him. :P So guys, you see So and Yo fighting on-screen but perhaps they were really good brothers.

Next came Yo's reign as Jeongjong, he attempted to reduce the power of the nobles but wasn't successful (Gwangjong - So was able to do that). Basically, he did attempt to solidify the king's power and followed his father's 10 instructions but I think he did not have the ability as So. There was no knowledge of any conspiracies or revolts against him so he was probably a better king than Moo but just not as good as So. Both Moo and Yo did have sons but their sons might have died young or they were too young to rule or people didn't support them.

Then So ascended the throne as Gwangjong. He was a good king except during the later part of his reign, he did kill those who wanted to rebel (but it was for a good reason). He learned how to govern and reformed the nation. He kept the nation together after all the "game of thrones". He sincerely cared for the nation. The ranking is like this: So > Yo > Moo. King Taejo unified the three kingdoms and founded Goryeo. It was So who rebuilt and strengthened the foundation so that Seongjong (Wook's son) and Hyeonjong (Wook's maternal grandson and Baek Ah's child) led the nation through the conflicts with the Khitan. One thing I want to note is So did weaken the nobles' power but it seems to me that Wook's clan was still powerful or respected (I did mention that So married Wook's daughter, became in-laws and then the descendants after So's son reign had Wook's bloodline). Maybe Wook did have a calculative, cunning, genius nature to him or something. Also, I did mention that princes went after Moo for the throne so he could be one of those princes, too. Thus, that's probably why we see the game of thrones on screen and the basis for the characterization of Moo, Yo, So and Wook.

You can read more about Gwangjong here and what he did: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo

And then there's Yeon Hwa (Queen Daemok). As you guys already know that Gwangjong has two wives - Queen Daemok and Moo's daughter. I assume Yeon Hwa (Queen Daemok) was a woman of virtue or intelligence because like I said, Gwangjong didn't marry anyone else but her and made her the queen (maybe it was for political reason or he learned the lesson from having seen his Father's many wives). So guys, hate her all you want and it's true if she was a man, she should and would be on the throne. So this is also another basis for her ambitious character.

I read on DramaBeans and someone researched information did mention that Gwangjong almost killed his son - king Gyeongjong. Historically, he wanted to spend time with the people than governing and living in the palace. So, I'm not saying that he was a bad king but maybe he didn't live up to So's expectations. Gyeongjong's queens were Wook's daughters and the one who succeeded him was Wook's son. So probably Wook was a good man in politics. Although the one who raised Wook's children was Queen Hwangbo. Wook's wife died early too (Lady Hae in the drama). King Seongjong (Wook's son) was 9 when Wook died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. Remember in the drama before So came in, queen Hwangbo was about to cover the King with his royal robe. It showed that she was knowledgeable.

Back to So and Wook:

So married Wook's sister (Yeon Hwa - Queen Daemok). Then So's son (King Gyeongjong) married Wook's two daughters (Queen Heonae and Queen Heonjung). Wook's son (King Seongjong) married So's daughter (Queen Moondeok). When it came to Hyeonjong (the illegitimate son between Queen Heonjung and Baek Ah), he married Seongjong's daughters. All in all, if So wasn't the king, probably Wook or Baek Ah could have ascended the throne in Goryeo's history as their descendants were good rulers.

I also quoted my two previous historical posts so you guys won't get lost when reading this post.

4 hours ago, Hanazumi said:

I agree. I think in history, regardless of whether Wook was a bad guy or not or a coward, he gave birth to a son (King Seongjong) who took the nation through the 1st Goryeo-Khitan conflict, a daughter (Queen Heonae - Empress Chunchu) who served as a regent for her son (King Mokjong), and a daughter (Queen Heonjung) gave birth a son (King Hyeonjong - illigimate child with Baek Ah) who took the nation through the 2nd & 3rd Goryeo-Khitan conflicts. He died in the 20th year of Gwangjong's reign. So I think he definitely was a man of talents, just not sure about his character. He could be a great man or an evil man (like in the drama). LJG and his character are beyond words to describe. I'm a fan of his for a long time. But I have to admit Wook's character intrigued me and I don't think anyone can portray Wook like KHN. That role was for him even if LJG is beyond outstanding. In addition, someone mentioned that Wang So's reign kept the nation together but his line ended. Goryeo continued with the descendants of Wook and Baek Ah. Both wanted freedom in different ways. Wook wanted power and Baek Ah wanted to be free. I did mention that So's name meant the sun on the edge and Wook's name meant the rising sun. It really fit So's reign and Wook's posthumous honor as a king.

4 hours ago, Hanazumi said:

Also, some more historical information if anyone's interested. According to history, it was rumored that Yo and So worked together to get the throne from Moo. So and Wook became in laws (Wook's sister married So and Wook's children married So's children). And for So to marry Wook's sister in history, that added to my assumption that he was probably a powerful man or even respectable or his clan was powerful. Also, the fact that after So's son died, it was Wook's son who became king, not the son of any other princes. And when Mokjong (Wook's maternal grandson died), it was Baek Ah's illegitimate son with Queen Heonjung (Wook's 2nd daughter) who became king. The line of continuation had to have Wook's bloodline in there.

So, it's too bad that there's no bromance between So and Wook in the drama but perhaps, they did have bromance in history.

• Like 20

On 10/1/2016 at 8:00 PM, gwiyeowooh said:
  Hide contents

Hi, I have lurking around and I see some here talking /asking about Joon Gi if he is gay.

I have a good gay-dar,  and I have the confidence to say that he is not. I think many people already had that thought because of his role when he was just starting The King and the Clown and as we know LJG is a really good actor so he potrayed it really well then followed by the awful long hairstyle that he had even after the movie. I think that is why he was perceived that way. 

I have seen him bts, interview and on variety show and he more of vain, dorky, attention seeker type but not gay.  

Please don't hate me on this but the one that I am positive that is more likely gay are Jo Kwon, Heechul, you can already see it on the way they move. But the one that I got shocked was, Bogum. I never watch reply 1988 so I have no idea about it but I faithfully watch 1n2d and he was a guest recently, the way he moves was too obvious for me. Like I couldnt believe my eyes, while watching I even asked my mom and cousin who has no idea about korean dramas or kpop to drop by my room and tell me what they think about Bogum, and they said right away he is that....

I am sorry, I am not a Lee Joon Gi, park bogum, jo kwon, heechul Fan or Hater. I am a moon lover fan. I just posted what I have observed as a normal citizen of this earth. I could be wrong. Please don't hate me

Spoiler

I so hope that you are wrong about Bo Gom! No! I like him so much in Reply 1988, he should marry a beautiful girl and have many cute babies! The same about Junki, but to be honest this thought occurred me when I watched My girl-I thought-ah, this guy is too girly and cute probably he is a gay. But I also hope that I'm wrong.

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

I so hope that you are wrong about Bo Gom! No! I like him so much in Reply 1988, he should marry a beautiful girl and have many cute babies! The same about Junki, but to be honest this thought occurred me when I watched My girl-I thought-ah, this guy is too girly and cute probably he is a gay. But I also hope that I'm wrong.

I think LJK not gay. Totally NO. It just that he was very busy with the acting project that he had no time for dating. 

• Like 7