[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

22 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Do you mean me or @sunshinefate? She was quoting me so I was responding to her. I read sources from the Vietnamese wikipedia and English wikipedia and used my history experience to bring everything together or synthesize. I think synthesize is the better word in this case. I don't know Korean so I can't read from the Korean wikipedia. Plus, the history book about Goryeo is in Korean. But I may write a long post about possible stuffs in history during this time between So and Wook later on and combine what I've written above, too. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

Chingu, the one who excels in history is @hanazumi not me lol. I only read the gwangjong's history and his wives and also his descendants not the other princes like @hanazumi read. Lol, we must be a bad citizen who don't know much about our country's history but we know about gwangjong, taejo, wang wook, queen sinmyeongsunseon *CMIIW*:D from what I see, So and Wook will not be joining forces as the history recorded about their bromance. But, we don't know if they decide to make them join forces just to destroy each other. Looking forward to the development of the battle of the throne.

I wonder why I could not mention others even I already used @ in the front of their names? Can someone enlighten me about this? I used to be able mention someone in blue box like you all do.

• Like 10

20 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@Hanazumi @ratgirlina @valsava "I heard about your plan from Wook. I was on my way back after receiving a letter" I watched Eng sub SBS version on KissAsian site and the above quotes are from there.  Of course, I do not know whether this sub was accurate as I don't understand Korean :) May be Korean speakers can help verify the conversation. From this, I got that CP was already on his way back to palace after receiving WW's letter and I assume he met Baek Ah on the way back as they came back together.

Don't know why my screen shots do not show up though I copied and pasted pics. I cannot do attachment either. I have no personal website either so not sure how to post my pics :( So, technically inept :(:(:( 

The reason I mentioned the fact that WW contacted CP before Baek Ah reached to CP is for the sake of its importance on showcasing how cunning, calculative, clever and vengeful WW's is.  First, he wore armor to attend the banquet as he was already prepared to counterattack WY if WH's attempted assassination happened (in ep 12, he told his sister that he does not want to be upsurper of the throne but hero who attacked the traitor and that's why he stayed in WY's shadow. He was never on WY's side). However, at that time he was not too clear of the extent of WS's feeling for HS yet. Then, he overheard WS proposal to HS outside the banquet and the king lost conscious naturally.  Now, he saw WS more of a threat especially regards to HS's affection.  He also heard that WS would sacrifice everything for HS, would only become King for HS and he became very jealous and vengeful towards WS.  He realized that WS's has always been on CP side and he needed to make CP doubtful of WS loyalty.  Thus, he decided to get rid of WS by making him seem like a revolt and he asked his sister and his clan's army to block all the exists out of the capital the next morning so that WS could not get to CP. 

WW then tried to test HS's loyalty towards him and her feelings for WS by giving her incomplete information to trick WS.  He told HS of third prince and his planned attack to King's palace w/o telling her he already notified CP NOT ONLY to test HS's feelings and royality to him BUT ALSO to try to have proper reason to kill WS. However, he miscalculated the timing of CP's arrival and did not expect that WS would find a route to send Baek Ah to notify CP.  He made it seems like WS & General Park surrounded the king's residence and try to take the throne for himself, he and WY killed WS, then WY himself wanted to take the throne and he defended for CP by the time CP arrived. This way CP won't punish him for killing WS and general Park but would feel indebted plus he would be able to get rid of big CP's supporters and his love rival!  

There is no way that WW know Baek Ah left from unknown route as he did not know about WH & BA relation. He could not have sent letter to CP after BA left as it would take 2 days to reach CP.  Even if WH and BA used short-cut, CP and BA would NOT have arrived the next morning if CP was not already on his way back to palace since BA & WH were still resting at the forrest the night before.  Also, WW already told HS that she alone would not be able to reach to CP and knew that YH already blocked off WS leaving the city.  He was so sure that the only way WS could do after he heard the news of palace coup from HS (before CP arrived) was to defend them with army which would look like WS is trying to take the throne for himself.  That's what WY accused of General Park and WS when they arrived to king's palace with army.  WW probably already knew about CP's illness (plus CP is a lot older than him) and the throne would be passed to him after getting rid of WY and WS.  He was very cunning, trying to kill three birds with one stone except CP arrived before WS was killed and HS eventually found out about his move using her to kill WS (HS said that in her conversion with WW that he was trying to use her to kill WS and how could he do that after knowing she felt so miserable the fact that she caused Lady Oh's death.

@zi4r Ww has always been clever and is someone with big ego though he did not show it till ep 12. He seems to find ways to blame others or find other faults to make himself less guilty.  Basically, he has "narcissistic" personality if not as extreme as "antisocial".  He is very charming and considerate to others (to his wife, HS, brothers, and even to poor citizens) but deep down he only cares about himself, thinks he deserves the best because of his family background as well as his talent in both literary and military, blames others not to make himself feel guilty and does not mind to manipulate others not to make his hands dirty and achieve his goals (eg. using WY's hands to kill the King and WS). 

@kyar7jizhenll Well said chingu,  Your perspective on Wang Wook was so spot on. After finally seeing it with subtitles I find Wang Wook really scary . The entire time they were waiting to hear the new of the King all he cared about to see if Hae Soo will betray him. I think even though WW dislike WS he  is truly underestimating him. He think So is just a dumb jock but he has another ting coming.  Chingu, did you see how quickly WW bowed and Haile to the King! LOnf Love the king (I know it isn't the same wording but you get what O am saying). CP is crying because he lost his father, WS cried and WJ cried for TaeJo. The rest just stood there like WHO GIVES DAMN OR  THINKING OF WAYA TO GET THW THRONE.

What seems to be bothering me now chingu's is his Sister and where does her loyalty lie. How the hell are they going to get WS and YH married? WW is trying to kill WS, WW is trying to take the throne from CP and CP is shocked at his behavior. I feel real sad for the CP because he started to trust WW. The man who was pretending to work with his enemy .But I am just glad that  CP knows the only to protect his family is Wang So. I am also amazed at how WW chose to hurt Hae Soo with the knowledge WS is getting married. 

8 hours ago, valsava said:

Hi @kyar7jizhenll  I just read your post and loved it because this is just how cunning and calculating he is, Your are so right he was trying to kill 3 birds with one stone and it backfired this is why I think he would try and use the CP/King daughter to gain the throne..

My conclusion for and ending is that Wook kills it's either him or YH these have the biggest reasons to kill her

I say it over and over again this drama can stand some more episodes.

Well got some pages to read catch up with you guy's later

@valsava... Chingu, I hope neither of them ever kill that little girl. If YH or WW get that little girl killed I don't think they deserve to live . 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Chingu, the one who excels in history is @hanazumi not me lol. I just read the gwangjong's history and his wives and also his descendants not the other princes like @hanazumi read. Lol, we must be a bad citizen who don't know much about our country's history:D from what I see, So and Wook will not be joining forces as the history recorded about their bromance. But, we don't know if they decide to make them join forces just to destroy each other. Looking forward to the development of the battle of the throne.

I wonder why I could not mention others even I already used @ in the front of their names? Can someone enlighten me about this? I used to be able mention someone in blue box like you all do.

@special_bee sunshinefate wants to mention you. Just type in @ and then the name. Then like possible usernames should appear and select it. That's what I do.

Yes, I don't think So and Wook will join forces. But then if Wang Yo harms Hae Soo, there's a 50% that they will join forces even if So marries Yeon Hwa. That, we have to wait to see. I could be wrong or right.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

@special_bee sunshinefate wants to mention you. Just type in @ and then the name. Then like possible usernames should appear and select it. That's what I do.

Yes, I don't think So and Wook will join forces. But then if Wang Yo harms Hae Soo, there's a 50% that they will join forces even if So marries Yeon Hwa. That, we have to wait to see. I could be wrong or right.

I already did that, chingu, but it still does not appear. That's why I always choose to quote others' posts. 

5 minutes ago, riuenu said:

yeorobun!!!! I jump out of no where I know...actually I still at page 913 reading....BUT...HERE COME THE PECK BTSSSSSSSSS

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1156995

ENJOY CHINGU YAAAAA....I post here before I start watching, the header picture making me go crazy already..so if I double post, SORRY!

And I believe with this BTS, we will hit 1k pages..1000 here we comeeeeeeeeeeee

Oh no, chingu, you post this and I'm going crazy again for this couple lol.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The love triangle, I imagine will get full blown treatment soon and most likely be pumped full of steroids knowing what our leads are like.

Two guys slugging it out for one woman can get tiresome fast but I'm really looking forward to scenes similar to what we saw at the end of Ep. 12 where So is more than a match for Uk's intellect and gives him a good dressing down about keeping up the pretence of caring for Su. Although apparently he doesn't know the full extent of that relationship, it doesn't make what he says untrue. Uk does come across as being two-faced in his admonishments. Yes, he can blame it on his lack of power till the cows come home... the reality is he didn't even try. But we've said that repeatedly and truth be told, I've never found Su and Uk all that compelling. Those two "lovebirds" needed a serious reality check and now they're getting it in spades.

I suppose what I want to do here is defend my position on So and Su as an overlapping romance not as an alternate one. Fundamentally I don't agree that the Su-So romance hasn't started and yes, I'm arguing that it's possible to love two people at the same time even if they're not the same kind of love to begin with. For me the progression is everything.

Why do we privilege the Uk-Su relationship as the romantic one but not Su-So as it stands? Why can't an epic romance be built on a friendship, honesty and a meeting of minds? Why can't it be slow? Why can't it evolve over time and through deep suffering? I've always considered the Su-So romance storyline far superior to the Uk-Su one precisely because the former is built on strong foundations not on fluff and sweet nothings. The writing is so deliberate on this and still there's so much surprising negativity regarding the slowness in the progression of Su and So towards consummation. Consummation is obviously the endgame but there needs to be a journey of becoming also. 

I've been thinking about the premonitions in relation to all of this. One thing I didn't expect was the fact that Uk turned Darth Vader on us rather than So. I think it's an interesting switch there and probably one that played with our expectations and Su's. I imagine that one of the reasons why Su has been holding back from So is that she thinks that he will turn into Darth Vader because it is his "destiny" to be Gwangjong. She is clearly drawn to him despite knowing all of that. The irony is that her expectations of both men have not followed the kind of trajectory that she thought they would. The sweet, gentlemanly Uk is turning into the cold, calculating tyrant that she thought So would be. Whereas the wild, savage So has become the sweet, if clumsy big-hearted lover who is gradually becoming the noble figure that she thought that Uk was. 

With all due respect to Korean audiences and others who have expressed frustration with the show, I am enjoying this drama precisely because it demolishes all the usual expectations.

For example, I don't know why we're still throwing around labels like "first male lead" or "second male lead" for this show. So isn't the first male lead in the same way that Uk isn't the second male lead. They are both equal male leads with their own journey that intersect with the female lead. They both love her in different ways which has important ramifications on the way she perceives the world of Goryeo. In turn she loves them both in different ways and in different stages. With that in mind, Su's impact on both men are powerful and life-changing. She awakens hidden aspects in their personalities and bring them to light. Because of So's personal journey, her impact on him is positive to the point where it elevates him to become a better man (and hopefully a better king) whereas her impact on Uk is much less positive because of his personality and his latent tendencies. I realize that it is within our nature to pigeonhole characters and that we've become accustomed to timelines and predictable trajectories... we've been trained through years of watching K dramas to expect certain things to happen by Ep. 8 or Ep. 10. This show, however, doesn't seem to follow any of those trajectories in any of the usual ways. I can see why it's frustrating for some but for me, it's all part of the charm. The unpredictability is what makes the show quite unique. And addictive. No one disputes that the editing and the approach to the story could have been better (considering the limitations imposed on it) but as far as the storytelling is concerned, it's still compelling television.

just wanna repost again...

:heart:

• Like 15

Wow this thread is on FIRE always and its not even Monday or Tues LOL. Its so hard trying to keep up haha :P 

I've always liked LJK, well lets re-phrase that. I didn't like him till Iljimae after that there was no turning back. I always watch his dramas no matter what but ofc I stop if I lose interest ehehe. I'm so glad that his followers on IG went up. I am an original of the 350K follows now he's at 1 million wow. 

I don't care that the drama is not doing well in Korea lol. I'm happy its doing GREAT in other Asian countries. Isn't that what Hallyu is all about? We can say they succeeded that.

This week was intense and I hate the two versions lol. I've been catching it live so when I watch the international version on DF I'm like argh it totally does not give the same feel and I get so annoyed. I'm already so hooked so its too late to wait and watch the original later ahha. I really don't need subs or I do good enough but for historicals they be using words I don't know sigh.

We have 7 more episodes...can they please be focus on So & Soo ehehe not trying to be greedy here I have been patient enough ahhaa at least I can say I was not mad it was about Wook this long and I didn't drop the drama haha. I like Wook too but he is just not the lead here:(

I saw a few viewers complaining earlier this week about Soo being so stupid and dropping the drama? I hope you guys are j/k. I mean I try to understand her. Yes she is not the most likable or smart character but I sense she's being real, reacting how any girl would re-act in that situation LOL. If you as me and I was like taken back into history I might play it out worse LOL I'll play all them princes hahhaa ok j/p.....but yes I try to understand her actions and why the writer wrote her that way.

Can't wait for next week now! BTW like all your assumptions but I really don't want So to marry YW. Please don't go this route. *He's a rebel prince he does what he wants he won't marry her!!! This is my thinking LOL unless CP's death really makes him feel he needs to take the throne just to better everything out?

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

c as labeled

===========

Hong Jong Hyun comments on netizens doodling over screen capture of him from 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'

By beansss  

If you're a fan of currently airing SBS drama 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo', you may have noticed that the camera man... likes to cut off the actors' heads inside the angle. 

Netizens, being netizens as they are, did not pass up an opportunity to doodle onHong Jong Hyun, who plays the role of prince Wang Yo, over a few screen captures of the actor where the camera angle has cut the top of his head off. 

The doodles, which recently trended among online communities, have even made their way into Hong Jong Hyun's SNS inbox, and the actor definitely had something to say after seeing them! He wrote, in addition to sharing a collage of the various doodles, "People around me keep sending me pictures like these. But who the heck actually made these. Their creativity is boss. #kekekekekekeke."

Lee Jun Ki also replied to Hong Jong Hyun's instagram post with, "The problem is that it looks good on you, bro." 

Take a look at netizens' creative doodles below! 

Reveal hidden contents

Allkpop

===============

Wondering who's this kid is. She has the same eyes as HaeSoo won't you think? Little HaeSoo.

c twitter

Just don't make her as wangmu's daughter lol.

1 minute ago, Kelly86 said:

Wow this thread is on FIRE always and its not even Monday or Tues LOL. Its so hard trying to keep up haha :P 

I've always liked LJK, well lets re-phrase that. I didn't like him till Iljimae after that there was no turning back. I always watch his dramas no matter what but ofc I stop if I lose interest ehehe. I'm so glad that his followers on IG went up. I am an original of the 350K follows now he's at 1 million wow. 

I don't care that the drama is not doing well in Korea lol. I'm happy its doing GREAT in other Asian countries. Isn't that what Hallyu is all about? We can say they succeeded that.

This week was intense and I hate the two versions lol. I've been catching it live so when I watch the international version on DF I'm like argh it totally does not give the same feel and I get so annoyed. I'm already so hooked so its too late to wait and watch the original later ahha. I really don't need subs or I do good enough but for historicals they be using words I don't know sigh.

We have 7 more episodes...can they please be focus on So & Soo ehehe not trying to be greedy here I have been patient enough ahhaa at least I can say I was not mad it was about Wook this long and I didn't drop the drama haha. I like Wook too but he is just not the lead here:(

I saw a few viewers complaining earlier this week about Soo being so stupid and dropping the drama? I hope you guys are j/k. I mean I try to understand her. Yes she is not the most likable or smart character but I sense she's being real, reacting how any girl would re-act in that situation LOL. If you as me and I was like taken back into history I might play it out worse LOL I'll play all them princes hahhaa ok j/p.....but yes I try to understand her actions and why the writer wrote her that way.

Can't wait for next week now! BTW like all your assumptions but I really don't want So to marry YW. Please don't go this route. *He's a rebel prince he does what he wants he won't marry her!!! This is my thinking LOL unless CP's death really makes him feel he needs to take the throne just to better everything out?

Yeah, Koreans should thank MLSHR for its popularity that can rearise Hallyu Wave again to the other Asian countries. 

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Hanazumi said:

Do you mean me or @sunshinefate? She was quoting me so I was responding to her. I read sources from the Vietnamese wikipedia and English wikipedia and used my history experience to bring everything together or synthesize. I think synthesize is the better word in this case. I don't know Korean so I can't read from the Korean wikipedia. Plus, the history book about Goryeo is in Korean. But I may write a long post about possible stuffs in history during this time between So and Wook later on and combine what I've written above, too. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

LOL sorry for mistake in tagging, maybe because i was hungry when i read the post XD, i definitely still interested

• Like 2

@sunshinefate are u accessing soompi on mobile or laptop. The @ function on mobile is not very stable. If it appears, it appears at the bottom of the mobile screen and could be hidden by the keyboard, so I find myself having to scroll down.

Some depending on how I type the post, if I use edit function, the @ list if names doesn't come out.

-------

For those of you trying to back read, for me my method is the remember which page I left off then the next time I access I will read backwards or click the old page where I left off.

If u guys gave any other tips pls share. but it's true, really hard to back read everyone's post,:P 

…………

Omo new bts again! So cute.ljg is really mischievous! He has a hair fetish, I noticed from other drama bts. I hope iu's bf is still living well....:P 

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Chingu, the one who excels in history is @hanazumi not me lol. I only read the gwangjong's history and his wives and also his descendants not the other princes like @hanazumi read. Lol, we must be a bad citizen who don't know much about our country's history but we know about gwangjong, taejo, wang wook, queen sinmyeongsunseon *CMIIW*:D from what I see, So and Wook will not be joining forces as the history recorded about their bromance. But, we don't know if they decide to make them join forces just to destroy each other. Looking forward to the development of the battle of the throne.

Yup, i wrongly tagged you instead of hanazumi kekekeke, we really are a bad bad netizen kekekekekeke

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu, I hope neither of them ever kill that little girl. If YH or WW get that little girl killed I don't think they deserve to live . 

@UnniSarah  I was saying WW or YH kills HS I could see WW doing this because he no longer have her feelings and YH killing her because she thinks once she's gone WS will see her, I see a lonely life like the Queen for her  

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

We seldom see K-actors showcasing a character with a mustang a.k.a period Ferrari.

Lee Joon Gi is superior of this.  

LJG riding a horse is always i-don't-know-i-can't-describe-it. He is like a god. The confidence, the way he carries himself, well, it's not so obvious that i am in love with him, eh? Seriously, superlative adjectives are not enough to describe him. ;):)

• Like 21

36 minutes ago, riuenu said:

yeorobun!!!! I jump out of no where I know...actually I still at page 913 reading....BUT...HERE COME THE PECK BTSSSSSSSSS

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1156995

ENJOY CHINGU YAAAAA....I post here before I start watching, the header picture making me go crazy already..so if I double post, SORRY!

And I believe with this BTS, we will hit 1k pages..1000 here we comeeeeeeeeeeee

F for BTS credit to  @mantou_0208 

kkkkkkk intentional NG :phew::wub:

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 17