[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

16 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so history tells us Wangsoo married YH and had five kids with her; my reaction -- ???? how did that happen? even with marrying first cousins, there is often genetic complications and they managed to produce five kids with no mental health or physical health problems when they are half siblings? how is that possible?

so my plausible scenario based on years of watching all the kdramas -- those kids probably don't actually belong to YH. just like how mistress kids is placed in the family registrar as those belonging to the first wife -- how many dramas have we seen using that? so many! -- these kids could belong to concubines including Haesoo.... how is that for a random musing?

Only if both of them are carriers to a defected gene there will be a problem, if both of them have healthy genes the kids are fine 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Its not 100% that babies will ahve problem.. take muslim community..do you see problems..

And who knows maybe a problematic child is killed or not problems are not recorded..

They married , had sex (def >5), and made babies... AND that is the truth.. for HS and for us

7 minutes ago, mewtwo said:

Only if both of them are carriers to a defected gene there will be a problem, if both of them have healthy genes the kids are fine 

actually there could be problems if taejo and the queens themselves are related. usually with first generation intermarriage, there are less probability for issues but take it to the second generation intermarriage, then there would be. am assuming that taejo himself married within the clan. and simple problems can be skin pigmentation issues. we know that based on history, we do have kids swapped and registered as another queen's simply for political reasons. so I was thinking of an empress ki kind of situation. anyways, it wasn't meant to be a serious discussion thought. simply a random musing. :) 

• Like 8

All I'm thinking is that we'd better start saying goodbye to General Park, Wang Eun and Soondeok. They'll most likely be the next casualty in this bloody fight for the throne. Soo's premonitions seem to coming true

They'll be welcomed by Lady Oh, the palace maid Wook killed, King Taejo and CP after next week. I don't know how Yo goes but I hope he does his fabulous eyeliner and Lion King mane of glory justice before he goes.

I look forward to watching Go Ha Jin run into people in the future who look like her deceased loved ones. It will be extremely sad for her though.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so history tells us Wangsoo married YH and had five kids with her; my reaction -- ???? how did that happen? even with marrying first cousins, there is often genetic complications and they managed to produce five kids with no mental health or physical health problems when they are half siblings? how is that possible?

so my plausible scenario based on years of watching all the kdramas -- those kids probably don't actually belong to YH. just like how mistress kids is placed in the family registrar as those belonging to the first wife -- how many dramas have we seen using that? so many! -- these kids could belong to concubines including Haesoo.... how is that for a random musing?

I'm actually more curious if it would show Wangsoo married YH in this drama or if it'll cut that part out like it'll tell us that he married YH in the future and end it at that. 

Since the focus on this is Wangsoo transition into becoming King and his love with HaeSoo. It's a love story and the impact that love that leads him to aim for the throne and become emperor, and that love that turn his heart back to cold and ruthless. The way it seem, from start So had only one goal and was to remain in the palace with his family and not return to his "adopted" family. But it was his encounter with Soo and eventually love that lead and entangle him further into battling for the throne. 

And so far, there has hint about Soo's health. Her leg hasn't heal after a year and you can see instance where she's grabbing to her chest (her heart). It may interpet different but I look at it as sign of health issue. 

So I can see this drama being that of So and Soo and how they were destined to meet and change the course of their fate. Soo bring So to his fateful place as King and from So, Soo learn what true love really is. I am hoping that the only mention of marriage between So and YH probably would be the end when Soo return to her time and see that history does show So and YH married and it'll be the end of it. I will look at it and hope that it is Soo who entrusted YH to take care of So given that she know YH truly care for So and she wanted someone to at least be there for So when her time is up. 

Sorry guys, I am kind of bored at work so I'm just rambling! LOL!

• Like 18

@soorani right after SH Ep13 aired I checked LGJ's IG, he had 992k followers and in less than 24hrs since I last checked it, he reached 1M. That's 8,000 new followers in less than 24hours.

*I realized I seem like a stalker after typing that. I promise though I'm not a sasaeng fan. Just a very devoted fangirl*:wub:

• Like 17

Good Morning, Chingu...

Finally watched Eps. 12 & 13 last night...  only comment on those is... YH certainly thinks highly of herself.  She's going to make WW king, she's going to make WS king, she's going to be WY's Queen...

Regarding the speculation above about WS and YH's children... I mentioned before history is written by the scribes writing for the regent who determines what gets written for posterity.  If the regent claims all his issue are from his Queen then that is what gets written regardless of the actual circumstances of the birth so, unless there is empiricle evidence to the contrary (i.e., eye-witness confirmation), we have no way of knowing who the actual mother of WS's children were.  Just what the scribes were told to write.

More interesting to me is the historical WS upon which the character is based.  So far I've seen two dramas about him, Shine or Go Cray and Scarlet Heart.  In each, he is portrayed as someone who was disqualified for the throne but who ended up as regent.  In both he is a kind of silent hero.  He's definitely someone worthy of further study...

My guess at the ending to this drama...  HS makes her way back to the 21st century and becomes a sort-of historical scholar and rewrites the history books to present WS as someone who overcame tremendous obstacles to become King rather than a monster who killed all his brothers...

Cheers...

• Like 15

3 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

Actually, the above is just a liptouching whereas the below one is the real kiss although it is forced

I've went to the link IG photo for Ceci to support and comment Lee Joon Gi oppa and IU.

But I got scared, it is flooded with baek ah and seohyun fans. Hehe.

So I decided to just share it here. The photo below with IU and Lee Joon Gi oppa is heart fluttering.

Edited by gwiyeowooh
Typo
  • Like 9

This episode was great, all the swordfighting, done in a Bourne style with kinetic cuts and some of those really cool looking wide shots. See director, what you can do when you give actors scene context!

Hae-Su is finally coming into her own as a character because she finally has a purpose. It occurred to me that in C-BBJX, it can be read as a feminist text since it’s about a woman existing in wildly oppressive times and her struggle to maintain identity. Hae-Su struggles with the same thing, but it’s done in a way that doesn’t allow us to glimpse into her inner workings. We are dying for some actual Hae-Su perspective, but the director is just not giving it to us. Wang So is definitely a more well defined character b/c we see everything from his point of view. It would be nice to get those moments for Hae Su, instead of trying to infer from her interactions with Wang So how she really feels. This is where a lot of her relationships with the female characters are wasted, like her maid Chae Ryung. We can get from her maid how she REALLY feels about being in this world. The “best friend trope” exists because that’s how we get some quick exposition out of the way. I would argue that someone like Lady Oh and/or Lady Hae aren’t those characters, we need someone on the same footing. Instead Hae-Su gets defined by her relationship with Wang So or Wang Wook, which is a classic male-writer mistake. They rarely think about female characters outside of their intended purpose for the male heroes. *feminist rant over*

It is mildly annoying to me that she needed a directive from the king to realize her purpose, I felt like Jimong gave her direction already, but now the King kind of does a 180 and tells her that she needs to make sure CP ends up on the throne? Kinda the opposite of what he was saying to her earlier to not interfere. Alright, not taking advice from a dying King plz.

———Entertainment Biz Rant

Oh one more thing, people are complaining about too many idols and speaking from an industry perspective, the idols are most likely the reason that the show got sold, as well as netting a huge streaming deal with Youku. Idols are money in the bank, so to speak from a product packaging perspective. I know I hopped on the show b/c I’m not normally a fan of sageuks, but this one had all the eye candy. Yes, some of these actors aren’t great. But it’s the sausage-making of the entertainment industry; you need the meat to sell to the audience. Also keep in mind that this is a network broadcast show, beholden to many many stakeholders, not some indie film where the auteur has all control and vision.

• Like 15

the eventual break up of Soo and So could be different from sending her away or her leaving, she could be kidnapped by Wook or Jung or both and kept somewhere very secret for a long time. Just an idea... idk. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the k-drama makes it happen. I just had the thought because Wook was like "you'll come back to me." He seems more psycho than So, infact So is very considerate and gentle with Soo. So lets see! she could get kidnapped and held hostage or forced marriage with Jung. 

• Like 11

The reception of Hae Soo seems to have improved this week, the general consensus is evidently more lenient and sympathetic towards her. 

I'm glad after reading some rather unflattering posts on tumblr about her. The writer made the character more palatable and introduced scenes that conjure sympathy and not just empathy. 

It was a little disconcerting to see Wang So taking precedence among my roommates when we watched, they all were preoccupied with his traumatic experience and forgot our resilient and cynical heroine! No doubt a testament to LJK's enthralling depiction. I'm just happy IU and Hae Soo received some commendations and fan fervour this week. :)

• Like 19

Hello friends,

Once again I enjoyed reading all your comments, even if I don't comment often I'm still here reading every single one of your comments with amazement since I'm not a great writer sigh....

I had a good laugh today while reading a comment left by a french Eclipse on another site so I thought I'd share. The person was wondering if Wangyo had maybe died when he fell off the cliff went to the future  and just like Haesoo came back to life but in his own body :lol:

Well that was quite creative I'd say lol This drama is driving everyone crazy I guess, trying to find what's gonna happen next and everything. 

• Like 12

58 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

actually there could be problems if taejo and the queens themselves are related. usually with first generation intermarriage, there are less probability for issues but take it to the second generation intermarriage, then there would be. am assuming that taejo himself married within the clan. and simple problems can be skin pigmentation issues. we know that based on history, we do have kids swapped and registered as another queen's simply for political reasons. so I was thinking of an empress ki kind of situation. anyways, it wasn't meant to be a serious discussion thought. simply a random musing. :) 

I think a good example for what you are trying to say is Dong Yi, she's a concubine. But her son got adopted by the queen to become king later on. The queen couldn't produce a heir, so she adopted Dong Yi son. The adoption by the evil queen in Empress Ki, I think it's just a made up story.

• Like 10

Gwangjong ( Wang So )

• Father: Taejo of Goryeo (태조, 31 January 877-4 July 943)
  • Mother: Queen Sinmyeongsunseong (신명순성왕후, ?-951)
  • Consorts and issue:
  1. Queen Daemok (대목왕후), half sibling
    1. Wang Ju (왕주, 9 November 955-13 August 981), 1st son - Gyeongjong of Goryeo
    2. Crown Prince Hyohwa (효화태자), 2nd son, died prematurely
    3. Lady Cheonchujeon (천추전부인), 1st daughter
    4. Lady Bohwagung (보화궁부인), 2nd daughter
    5. Queen Mundeok (문덕왕후), 3rd daughter
  2. Princess Gyeonghwagung (경화궁부인), daughter of Hyejong of Goryeo (Wang Mo )and Queen Uihye (의화왕후)
  • Like 5