[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

just rematched the fight sequence for the nth time...and I realise true to the script, WS's moves were 80% defensive.

Which is interesting to me because LJG's skills make it look otherwise (like he was the one attacking WW instead). And also, not to bash KHN, but in the long shots, i think you can see that he was using a double, whereas LJG was not..This scene is amazing because of LJG...R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!

Wow, I need to rewatch the scene!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, violet90 said:

i think when WY became a king he will held HS as hostage and tortured her.. the only way to save HS is by WJ and here the marriage thing will play out... WS will married YH for Hwangbo clan power and work with WW who i assume also want to kill WY now cause he will punish WW and his family for WW betrayal...

HS being used as WS pawn really will make WS turn dark.. i mean she everything for him and now she being used as a tool to control him.. this one for sure will guarantee WY death.. playing with the only thing WS love will have a very bad ending for him.. about why WS is the one who being a king and not WW because WS will also realize in order to protect HS he must be the most powerful man aka the king.. so he will want the throne badly even more than before...

i think if WY already died HS and WS probably will live outside happily after HS confess her feeling.... they both just want to be happy but because their fate is already written there nothing he nor she can do about it..

But there is this possibility that Wang Wook might reconnect to Wang Yo and support him, while trying to get the support from Wang Mu. For me, Wang Wook has always been a multiple player and it was confirmed in the last episode. He supported both sides (CP and YO) and waited to see which one would be the winner. But since Hae Soo warned him about Wang So, Wang Wook has a double reason to kill the 4th prince: jealousy but also Wang So has to be taken seriously as a rival for the throne according to her. In my opinion, Hae Soo's words (in the episode 9) had an impact on Wang Wook: he never considered Wang So as a rival for the throne before, however her words forced him to take him into his calculating schemes. Therefore he was trying to kill off Wang So by using Yo and he will do it again! In my opinion, Wang Wook will try to get rid of Wang Yo, when the latter becomes king, by for example influencing to make bad decisions. He will do anything to ruin Wang Yo's reputation as king, while acting like his supporter.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, bebebisous33 said:

But there is this possibility that Wang Wook might reconnect to Wang Yo and support him, while trying to get the support from Wang Mu. For me, Wang Wook has always been a multiple player and it was confirmed in the last episode. He supported both sides (CP and YO) and waited to see which one would be the winner. But since Hae Soo warned him about Wang So, Wang Wook has a double reason to kill the 4th prince: jealousy but also Wang So has to be taken seriously as a rival for the throne according to her. In my opinion, Hae Soo's words (in the episode 9) had an impact on Wang Wook: he never considered Wang So as a rival for the throne before, however her words forced him to take him into his calculating schemes. Therefore he was trying to kill off Wang So by using Yo and he will do it again! In my opinion, Wang Wook will try to get rid of Wang Yo, when the latter becomes king, by for example influencing to make bad decisions. He will do anything to ruin Wang Yo's reputation as king, while acting like his supporter.

i guess here YH will play her character.. her ambition is always to be a queen and with WW i doubt she can control her brother seeing how much WW hate her.. because of her WW actually became like this.. in bottom of WW heart he will always despise YH after what she done.. so her biggest chance is with WS so i think she will offer the power of her clan with a condition that she will be the queen and WS will accept it..

about WW i don't really get him right now.. he's pure evil and not even WY can compete with him.. he just hate everything and want the throne so bad right now.. HS is his goal after the throne and i even think he will force HS to be his when he became a king.. his life is destroy the moment WW help YH.... there is no turning back and just like Lady Oh said that he will regret turning his back once to his love for the rest of his life....

• Like 13

Thanks for the info from Korean fans @ruizaio  It's really interesting to know what is going on there, so please keep updating us when possible =)

2 hours ago, Evelyn C said:

I am sorry to say, but I'm not setting too much stock by what the Korean fans want for this drama anymore :)  (I'm sorry, please don't kill me, just my honest opinion :) ). From the beginning, there has always been something about the drama that wasn't to their taste - At the beginning it was the music, too many princes and characters, always something -  now it's not enough princes?? which is why we now have two versions of the drama - one missing a lot of the princes and side characters, and so and so forth. Unarguably, we have had more Hae Soo -  Wang Wook romantic scenes than we would like, but the scenes we have had with Wang So-Hae Soo while not being romantic have shown how Hae Soo makes Wang So a better human being overall. And it has to be said that it is an adaptation, so the writer will try hard not to deviate too much from the source material - Granted, it is an atypical K-drama - there are so many potential second leads and so many kings it seems before Wang So. It is not by any means a perfect drama, but in my honest opinion, for the home audience, there will always be somethiing that they don't like about the drama, but as we can see with the different versions that many of us aren't happy about, you can only go so far to cater to people's tastes before you start to look and act crazy...

I agree with you on that matter, I mean, I'm  not in any way saying that Korean opinions aren't important, actually I love knowing what they're thinking. But still, this drama wasn't well received there from the beginning and it's hard to change an opinion once you made your mind.  SHR isn't perfect, but it's far from being a bad drama and definitely don't deserve all the bad criticism it is receiving there. This is an adaptation and the drama isn't deviant much for its material source and when it does is for the better ( like how we are seeing more of the prince's mind when in the c-version it is more focused on Ruoxi/Hae Soo). 

This drama was definitely made with international views in mind, I can't help but think the production knew the risk they were taking in doing that. They definitely wanted the drama to succeed in Korea, but their target wasn't there, but more in the much large audience outside of Korea and tbh, seeing the results now, I think they made the right choice: SHR is immensely popular right now everywhere but Korea. 

I was just reading an article about this yesterday and it explains very well what I'm trying to convey here: 

"Ultimately, the fact there are K-dramas that cater specifically to Korean K-drama fans while others do the same to internationally K-drama fans shows that South Korean television is taking into account not all of their viewers are domestic. Their willingness to incorporate international fans’ preferences shows their willing to expand. To be frank, such a move is smart because the last thing Korean television, or Hallyu in general, wants to do is implode on itself, similar to what happened to Japan with J-pop and anime." ( Jan Omega)

Read the full article here: http://www.inquisitr.com/3536974/scarlet-heart-ryeo-and-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-viewerships-contrasts-k-drama-preferences-of-koreans-to-international-fans/

Also, as a LJK fan, I think we should be supporting him now more than ever. The Korean audience may think the drama is relying on his popularity to sell, and while they're not entirely wrong, they're forgetting the factor that he's becoming really popular in other countries right now thanks to SHR ( he was already well-known in some countries, but this drama is definitely bringing him some buzz). He's not being affected in a bad way at all, on the contrary, he's probably the one who's gaining the most with SHR right now. 

• Like 24

I just finished the latest episodes, all version, with subs, and I'm kinda glad no striking differences this time, although, there's a few cute scenes that got cut in SBS version, awww... *coughmanlyWangJungcough* Okay! I'll write my thoughts about these episodes. Forgive me if it has been said, and it's not organized, or maybe it would sound like a personal rant.

Maybe it's only me, but I think the editing of both episodes are a mess this time, especially on Woo Hee as a character and her interactions with Baek Ah and Hae Soo. As a character, she's introduced very poorly to the viewers in my opinion. Her overall story is too rushed, and if I didn't read her character description in the teaser poster, I wouldn't know she's a fallen Baekje princess who holds grudge to King Taejo and planning to kill him. I sincerely think I can 'love' Woo Hee if she's given enough time to shine. Shame...what a waste of a good character. Also, I feel all of Baek Ah x Woo Hee scenes are too little and disjointed. Their love story is also feel rushed since they have very little scenes. They are supposed to be a couple, but I can't feel any OTP vibes from them, not like Hae Soo x Wang So or Hae Soo x Wang Wook which most of us ship from the start.

Also...Woo Hee and Hae Soo's friendship is just...questionable. Where did that come from?? In episode 13, from their dialogue, it seems that they have met a few times and develop friendship from that, but we only see one scene from them; it's when Woo Hee injured her hand after dance practice with Baek Ah. I swear, I watched both version many times, since I thought I missed a few scenes of Hae Soo - Woo Hee or something, but apparently, their interaction IS only that ONE scene, and Hae Soo already declared her as a friend when they need to get the Crown Prince. I saw stills where Hae Soo takes care of Woo Hee's injured hand, where's that scene? Where, director, WHERE?? 

*sigh*

On the positive note, I like how the game of thrones are started, the action scenes are done so well! All of them looked so cool, but I kinda wish to see Wang Yo who fights Wang So instead of Wang Wook. I mean, the power hungry one is Wang Yo, right? Wang Wook is just an 'ally' to him. Although yes, Wang Wook's jealousy is triggered to fight Wang So because he sees Hae Soo at the palace gate, and yes, it might be to convince Wang Yo that he is indeed on his 'side', but to have Wang Wook fighting Wang So at the Cheondeokjeon is kinda out of place for me. Wang Yo would be more fitting.

Queen Yoo shows us a vulnerable side of her when King Taejo died. What Lady Oh said about Queen Yoo is right; Lady Oh would never ever beat her. It's apparent in Queen Yoo's face when King Taejo mouthed Lady Oh's name before he died. I also find it interesting when she says this to Queen Hwangbo :

"What do you know? Have you ever been loved by him?"

Well...this raises question if King Taejo ever loved Queen Yoo, too. If indeed he loves her, he would ask to see her beside his deathbed first, no matter how manipulative and ambitious Queen Yoo is. I don't know, maybe I looked too much into this, so many possibilities though. Also, when Wang Jung informed her that Wang Yo is dead, she seems so lost...she also ignores Wang Jung's words when he comforted her. It seems that she only cares for Wang Yo since he's the one that has potential to be the king...poor Wang Jung, he looked kinda hurt when he hugged her, but also angry...maybe at Wang So?? By the way, Queen's Yoo grey hair at the end kinda distracts me...how long did the Queens been locked up? Isn't it only two days? Oh...maybe the hair dye wasn't so great back then...never mind. In the end, I'm glad that Wang So is the one who put the robe on top of the deceased King. Also, I'm glad to see that his father did love him, and Wang So knows that too. It's very heart warming when he cracked a smile when he caught a glimpse of his father in Shinju. And the mystery behind those fashionable masks are finally answered! Hehehee...I did wonder why he has so many masks back in earlier episodes.

And, and, finally we see the full form of dark Wang Wook~ muahahahhaaa...he wanted to take the throne, all of those 'playing nice' did come in handy, eh, Wook? Scary fella. I think Yeon Hwa felt this too when Wook told her that if all of their plan doesn't work, she should marry Wang Yo. Interesting that Yeon Hwa seems to be taken aback by his statement...I can understand when she's surprised when Wang Wook killed the maid, but regarding the marriage, she's the one who said that she wouldn't go into a marriage that wouldn't benefit Wang Wook, why so surprised? But it seems she has come to accept dark Wang Wook who sees everything as debt and repayment, even more than when his house is still peaceful with Hae Soo in it.

Wang Eun and Seondeok scenes are pretty cute~ Seondeok overprotectiveness over Wang Eun is so adorable, hehehee...but one thing that I'm confused with, is Seondeok's statement about "the new king will kill siblings and nephews that would threaten his position." and Wang Eun immediately believes that. I mean...Wang Eun knows that the new king is the teddy bear Wang Moo; he's kind and merciful, he will never hurt his brothers. Wang Eun shouldn't be scared to go out and pay respect to his late father...this also made me think, how many downfalls and rises of the King(s) that Seondeok has witness that made her say something like that?

And finally, I think, Hae Soo x Wang Wook is coming to an end. As much as I like Wang Wook, he's indeed loosing on many points compared to Wang So. Wang Wook did promise too many things to Hae Soo and now Hae Soo couldn't trust him anymore. I understand that he couldn't throw his family away and turned his back on her when Lady Oh is executed, but after that he also has many chances to redeem himself...even Wang Jung noticed and actually made a way for him to see Hae Soo's condition, but in the end...he didn't do anything, but still think that Hae Soo would wait for him, indefinitely. Now Wang Wook is tasting his own medicine; boy, not everyone can survive on promises alone. I'm pretty glad that Hae Soo showed some back bone and told him that it wouldn't be easy to get her heart back after he implied that chose the throne over her.

OTP is blooming quite nicely~~~ Hae Soo finally realizes that she loves Wang So all along~ I will patiently wait for their love to flourish~ but Wang So at the end though...I feel sorry for him. 'Killing' a family, no matter how nasty he is to him must be different from killing strangers. I think, deep down, he did know that his brothers are not the one to blame if they hate him, because Queen Yoo has brainwashed them to hate Wang So from the very start. Fortunately he called Hae Soo to seek her comfort. Oh, and I think Wang So called her out because if he comes to see her first, he's afraid she might act like the last time they were together; unwilling. If he called her, Hae Soo can choose to see him or not, it's her own will.

Another good episodes this week, despite the editing flaw. Now we have to wait for Hae Soo x Wang Wook officially ending, the bracelet sceeeeene! Wonder how they would do this, will we see another furious Wang Wook? Will Wang Jung be his witness when he destroys the bracelet? And more OTP scenes next week~~~ I can't wait, I can't wait!!

• Like 22

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

Same here. I dont know and I cant understand why Scarlet Heart turn me to such person. I watched many K drama before but I never have this mental breakdown and sleepless night over K drama. This is all Lee Jung Ki's fault.

Mental breakdown.... that's an accurate description of my current predicament as well 

• Like 10

an observation:  WS's love for HS is far superior, as love should make you a better person , and we have seen that happen with WS

then there is Wook, love for  HS definitely did not make him a better person or as I suspect, he never was the better person to begin with .. I sure do not like what he has become..even HS can't ignore that any longer

I do not know how all this will play out..guess we will see how close the writer sticks to actual history..I will hope for at least some happiness for WS & HS..life for sure doesn't always have the ending you want, but it should have happy moments you can always keep in your heart & memory while you are alive..happy moments are hard to come by in the Palace

other observations: poor HS is still limping, but I find that more realistic after undergoing torture..I really don't get torture, because who wouldn't confess to just about anything after prolonged torture ..so horrible

I love the side romances..Baek & WooHee, Eun & his feisty wife (who has much wisdom when she tells Eun to live quietly like a mouse) I continue to love Wang Jung for the sweet person he is..as for Wang Yo, dang, I wish he would stay dead (preview ruined that) 

• Like 17

So does anyone know if they are still going forward with the no cut DVD/Blue-ray or are they going to stop because the korean fans don't want to do it anymore? I know someone talked about that pages ago but i lost the page because this thread moves fast. :) 

Edit: soompi posted this ^^

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/05/lee-joon-gi-celebrates-1-million-followers-instagram-fun-cast-shot-scarlet-heart-goryeo/

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Misstwilightfan1416 said:

So does anyone know if they are still going forward with the no cut DVD/Blue-ray or are they going to stop because the korean fans don't want to do it anymore? I know someone talked about that pages ago but i lost the page because this thread moves fast. :) 

Edit: soompi posted this ^^

http://www.soompi.com/2016/10/05/lee-joon-gi-celebrates-1-million-followers-instagram-fun-cast-shot-scarlet-heart-goryeo/

"It’s reported that Lee Joon Gi’s Instagram has been followed by more than 600,000 users since the premiere of “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.”

See? That's what I was talking about! He's gaining more and more  popularity right now! I'm so happy for him! :wub:

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, shiraru said:

*sigh*

On the positive note, I like how the game of thrones are started, the action scenes are done so well! All of them looked so cool, but I kinda wish to see Wang Yo who fights Wang So instead of Wang Wook. I mean, the power hungry one is Wang Yo, right? Wang Wook is just an 'ally' to him. Although yes, Wang Wook's jealousy is triggered to fight Wang So because he sees Hae Soo at the palace gate, and yes, it might be to convince Wang Yo that he is indeed on his 'side', but to have Wang Wook fighting Wang So at the Cheondeokjeon is kinda out of place for me. Wang Yo would be more fitting.

I think in the scene WY draws his sword first and the general responded. But before they can engage in battle, WW started striking and thats when WS decided to act, i think out of obligation to his promise to HS, he rather WW fought him than the general. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

just rematched the fight sequence for the nth time...and I realise true to the script, WS's moves were 80% defensive.

Which is interesting to me because LJG's skills make it look otherwise (like he was the one attacking WW instead). And also, not to bash KHN, but in the long shots, i think you can see that he was using a double, whereas LJG was not..This scene is amazing because of LJG...R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!

I read that he rather do most of the stunts himself cause he wants to make it look real but he said if its a high risk scene then they want to use a double just in case of any accidents 

• Like 4

so history tells us Wangsoo married YH and had five kids with her; my reaction -- ???? how did that happen? even with marrying first cousins, there is often genetic complications and they managed to produce five kids with no mental health or physical health problems when they are half siblings? how is that possible?

so my plausible scenario based on years of watching all the kdramas -- those kids probably don't actually belong to YH. just like how mistress kids is placed in the family registrar as those belonging to the first wife -- how many dramas have we seen using that? so many! -- these kids could belong to concubines including Haesoo.... how is that for a random musing?

• Like 12